God the people on this game

    Share

    Smizack

    Posts : 1
    Reputation : -8
    Join date : 2013-06-17

    God the people on this game

    Post by Smizack on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:28 pm

    Please remove the backstab feature in PvP for Dark Souls 2. Thankyou
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Dibsville on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:30 pm

    Backstabs are necessary, they were just done horribly wrong. Without backstabs Dark Souls would be completely different. On top of that, it's a practical necessity to keep the game going as it is.

    Again, they were just done horribly wrong.


    /end rant.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

    Posts : 4226
    Reputation : 579
    Join date : 2012-01-16
    Age : 104
    Location : Jupiter

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Emergence on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:31 pm

    Well when you back it up with such compelling points, who could disagree?


    _________________
    This Forum is a bonfire.  Thank you all for kindling it.  

    Please help the community by joining both wikis and Fextralife!

    Forum Guidelines / Resource Guides / Dark Souls Wiki / Dark Souls 2 Wiki / Wiki Live Chat

    Fextralife / Wiki Twitch / Emergence Twitch / Wiki Fight Club / The Pantheon
    avatar
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1146
    Reputation : 85
    Join date : 2013-04-24
    Age : 21
    Location : 537 Paper Street Soap Company

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by SirArchmage on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:33 pm

    Your worst nightmare.
    http://mmdks.com/2rzj
    Welcome to Dark Souls!


    _________________
    :sign: I don't kill you in the most effective of ways. I kill you in the funniest. :sign:
    "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
    -Ernest Hemmingway

    The Heretic was here twisted Mwa haha

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by BrotherBob on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:34 pm

    Without backstabs, gankers would be so much harder to kill without Dark Magic/WotG.


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:36 pm

    Dibsville wrote:Backstabs are necessary, they were just done horribly wrong. Without backstabs Dark Souls would be completely different. On top of that, it's a practical necessity to keep the game going as it is.

    Again, they were just done horribly wrong.


    /end rant.
    Exactly this^. However FROM seemed to improve the backstab function pretty well now.


    _________________
    avatar
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4317
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2013-05-12
    Age : 20
    Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Encore on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:40 pm

    Ahh... The backstab. I personally enjoy the feeling of pressing a toothed dagger into a invaders spine, forcing them to the ground and later absorbing their remains as humanity and souls.

    When people try the same with me, I do the obvious thing and avoids it by dodging. Their blades striking next to me, I decide my next move, rolling to the side and strike them with a kick, pushing them into the deep chasm.



    _________________
    It is all like the repeating drip of thickening oil...

    Song of Myself
    avatar
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 892
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2012-05-04
    Age : 40

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Phoenix Rising on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:44 pm

    Dear Smizack,

    No.

    Sincerely,
    FROM Software


    _________________
    XBL: I Aim v Here I

    Neowraith - Scarred Lord
    avatar
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 445
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-01-24
    Location : Nowhere you've heard of.

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Shakie666 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:56 pm

    Emergence wrote:Well when you back it up with such compelling points, who could disagree?

    +1, Funniest thing i've read all day.

    As much as I dislike backstabs, I understand that they're necessary. However, you shouldn't be able to just 1-shot people with 1800 health with a buffed-great-club-hornet-ring roll bs.

    I'm also glad they're removing the i-frames on backstabs. It'll make it harder to kill gankers, but that's part of the reason: if you win a 3v1 pvp match, it should be because you're better than your opponents, not because you can use a magic bullet to 1-shot them.

    EDIT: How can I make this text not appear in the quote box? Is really quite annoying.


    Last edited by Shakie666 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4317
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2013-05-12
    Age : 20
    Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Encore on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:20 pm

    Shakie666 wrote:
    Emergence wrote:Well when you back it up with such compelling points, who could disagree?



    +1, Funniest thing i've read all day.

    As much as I dislike backstabs, I understand that they're necessary. However, you shouldn't be able to just 1-shot people with 1800 health with a buffed-great-club-hornet-ring roll bs.

    I'm also glad they're removing the i-frames on backstabs. It'll make it harder to kill gankers, but that's part of the reason: if you win a 3v1 pvp match, it should be because you're better than your opponents, not because you can use a magic bullet to 1-shot them.

    EDIT: How can I make this text not appear in the quote box? Is really quite annoying.


    The last button in the editor is called "Switch editor mode"

    Press that and the code will show.

    example: instead of the box there will be [ Quote="insertnamehere"][/quote]

    I can also provide picture if you are still wondering.


    _________________
    It is all like the repeating drip of thickening oil...

    Song of Myself
    avatar
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 445
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-01-24
    Location : Nowhere you've heard of.

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Shakie666 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:30 pm

    Teh Kitten´s Cat wrote:
    Shakie666 wrote:
    Emergence wrote:Well when you back it up with such compelling points, who could disagree?



    +1, Funniest thing i've read all day.

    As much as I dislike backstabs, I understand that they're necessary. However, you shouldn't be able to just 1-shot people with 1800 health with a buffed-great-club-hornet-ring roll bs.

    I'm also glad they're removing the i-frames on backstabs. It'll make it harder to kill gankers, but that's part of the reason: if you win a 3v1 pvp match, it should be because you're better than your opponents, not because you can use a magic bullet to 1-shot them.

    EDIT: How can I make this text not appear in the quote box? Is really quite annoying.


    The last button in the editor is called "Switch editor mode"

    Press that and the code will show.

    example: instead of the box there will be [ Quote="insertnamehere"]

    I can also provide picture if you are still wondering.


    +1 Thank you. Now I can create giant quote pyramids of doom!
    avatar
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4185
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-07-22
    Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by GrinTwist on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:06 pm

    Than what would be the point of having daggers in the game? Just for parrying?

    I think it would be much more damaging if they took backstabs out of the next game, they just need a bit of work.


    _________________
    Boring life? Join a cult.
    avatar
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Sentiel on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:41 am

    I don't disagree that backstabs are done wrong, however they are a key element in the game.
    Whole Thief class and Dagger weapons would have no meaning if backstabs weren't involved.

    In PvP, I can understand the frustration of getting backstabbed. I think we all were there at some point. That's the point, where one has two choices. Either to adapt and learn how backstabs work to be able to defend against them and even counter them, or to go cry on the internet and leave the game soon after. If you look around the forum, there are many tutorials and tips on how to fight against backstabs.

    Here is one such thread: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t3632-backstabbs-and-some-ways-of-countering-them
    And here is a great thread if you have other questions regarding the game: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t14267-resource-threads-to-check-out-for-rookies-and-vets-20

    But OP can be happy I guess. With the new backstab mechanic we saw from DkS II demo, perhaps they'll be next to useless in PvP. 
    ^Sarcasm. winking

    avatar
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 979
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2012-10-02
    Age : 25
    Location : Between the Dark and Light

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Acarnatia on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:10 am

    Backstabs both represent a factor of actual combat and act as balancer. It evens fights with heal spammers and people who have more poise than should be possible. 
    I think that the problems with backstabs are more often actually problems from lag or players who abuse them. The hitbox is too big and with the amount of lag, the bizzare angles and distances that players can backstab is sometimes ridiculous. High poise can be factored in as well, especially if the character is min-maxed to light roll. Players should have to wear heavier equipment to get poise in Dark 2.
    We've had this conversation many times before, and it basically always comes to the same result; backstabs should be worked on, and even if they're not, they should stay.


    _________________
    I am him who seeks himself;
    Fallen Heaven's malice was I born to bear.
    A phantom-ghost treading upon the mists of Heaven,
    Malevolence or Heaven am I?
    I am the absolute devoted,
    The wraith.

    PSN: Enaid_Waleis (main), Try-chu
    avatar
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 985
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2013-04-22

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by twigsterxd on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:17 am

    Get rid of back stabs, get rid of parrying
    Get rid of parrying, get rid of pvp
    Get rid of pvp, DON'T bother giving us DkS2

    Back stabs are a part of Souls games. Even tho I don't pvp, it would be boring to fight someone face to face all the time. I agree with the others on how the bs is a little better, but having it teaches people to try and counter it or stay away from it. Not having it would be boring as hell. Might as well play offline since pvp would suck.


    _________________
    Announcement:
    Support the Dark Souls Wiki:

    Visit http://fextralife.com

    subscribe, have fun, keep the site going

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Animaaal on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:08 am

    I want backstabs removed....

    ...and replaced with the hollow thief thing.  thumbs up
    avatar
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 310
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2013-01-08
    Age : 47
    Location : West of the Void, Xanth

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by crbngville2 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:15 am

    Holy $h1t, do I really have to agree with Animal.Look Skyward


    _________________
    FTW Fury Sword Hoody Ninja Biatch - SL 126 Dual Wield Dex Toon
    PSN: crbngville
    Member of both the DeS and DkS Platinum Cookie Clubs!

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Animaaal on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:06 am

    crbngville2 wrote:Holy $h1t, do I really have to agree with Animal.Look Skyward

    Surprised???? silly

    I would also be fine with simply jumping on their back and going for a ride.

    mosh!!!!!:
    avatar
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 979
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2012-10-02
    Age : 25
    Location : Between the Dark and Light

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Acarnatia on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:09 pm

    Just make that the dagger+hornet ring bs/riposte animation.


    _________________
    I am him who seeks himself;
    Fallen Heaven's malice was I born to bear.
    A phantom-ghost treading upon the mists of Heaven,
    Malevolence or Heaven am I?
    I am the absolute devoted,
    The wraith.

    PSN: Enaid_Waleis (main), Try-chu
    avatar
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1668
    Reputation : 45
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Uparkaam on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:30 pm

    I don't think I've ever before seen anyone with -points lol


    _________________
    GFWL & PSN accounts:
    GFWL: Rusty Patches
    PSN accounts:
    Uparkaam (main account)
    Dorkmoon
    Torch_Hollow
    Ravelord_Servant
    Gastro_Zombie
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:27 pm

    Uparkaam wrote:I don't think I've ever before seen anyone with -points lol


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

    Posts : 4226
    Reputation : 579
    Join date : 2012-01-16
    Age : 104
    Location : Jupiter

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Emergence on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:34 pm

    This thread has run its course.  It was not the most carefully crafted thread to promote discourse but worse has been said about the community at large.  OP took a fair amout of negs for it compared to the tone of the words. A playful verbal jab here or there is ok but no need to pile on the neg rep.


    _________________
    This Forum is a bonfire.  Thank you all for kindling it.  

    Please help the community by joining both wikis and Fextralife!

    Forum Guidelines / Resource Guides / Dark Souls Wiki / Dark Souls 2 Wiki / Wiki Live Chat

    Fextralife / Wiki Twitch / Emergence Twitch / Wiki Fight Club / The Pantheon

    Sponsored content

    Re: God the people on this game

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:24 pm