Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
russiannightmare
CrescentCrux
6 posters

Some Build help while PSN is down

CrescentCrux
    CrescentCrux

Some Build help while PSN is down Empty Some Build help while PSN is down

Post by CrescentCrux Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:51 am

So I'm working on a Magic/Pyro/Faith combination character. I'll post the build stats first, this character isn't really made yet, but I'll be making it soon.

Est.SL: 116
    Vit 15
    Att 19
    End 19
    Str 16
    Dex 20
    Res 30
    Int 50
    Fai 30

My main idea with this build so far is to be able to use most spells and miracles adapting as needed. What I am wondering is would 30 Resistance be useful at all?

I have tried some unarmoured tests using 30 res and taking hits from skeletons just outside Firelink. Overall I took 1 notch less damage from the same attack without armour on. But with armor would that minimal help be worth it or should I look at dumping all those points into another stat like dex/End.

And yes I play with minimal Vit a lot, so i'm used to rolling and dodging hits.
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Some Build help while PSN is down Empty Re: Some Build help while PSN is down

Post by russiannightmare Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:08 am

like your build but I personally wouldn't waste the points on res but use them on attunement. There is a video on youtube of someone with a similiar build. This person is griefing players with it but it could be quite effective in good pvp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ef45q_4pc
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:57 pm

PvP or PvE? I assume PvP. Here's my take:

Vit of 15 = OHK, so it's good you are good at dodging. But, with lag, you will die often.

Why Dex of 20?

Res is worthless. Not worth investing points.

Why Faith of 30?

With Int of 50, consider using Velka's Talisman for your Miracles.

What spells/miracles/pyros are you planning on using? IMO, doing a Faith/Int hybrid is spreading yourself too thin.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:20 pm

russiannightmare wrote:like your build but I personally wouldn't waste the points on res but use them on attunement. There is a video on youtube of someone with a similiar build. This person is griefing players with it but it could be quite effective in good pvp.

5:58

How in the hell did he go from 1 cast left of WoG to 3 casts?

Anybody ever see this? He does it again later. Is this a pre-patch glitch?
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:42 pm

aceluby wrote:
    russiannightmare wrote:like your build but I personally wouldn't waste the points on res but use them on attunement. There is a video on youtube of someone with a similiar build. This person is griefing players with it but it could be quite effective in good pvp.

5:58

How in the hell did he go from 1 cast left of WoG to 3 casts?

Anybody ever see this? He does it again later. Is this a pre-patch glitch?

No, this is an artifact of the TCC. When he has TCC in his right hand, and velka's talisman in his left, his WoG count is halved, rounding down to 1 (TCC halves everything -- pyro, miracles, and sorceries). When he switches out the TCC for the MLGS, his WOG count goes to the normal 3.
    CrescentCrux
    CrescentCrux

Post by CrescentCrux Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Actualy was thinking it more of a PvE then PvP, though being capable in pvp if invasions start up.

Why dex 20? I wrote it down wrong, wanted it to 16, using Velka's rapier as well as Dark Moon Bow. was going to get 16 str to also hold Moonlight sword too.

I cant say which spells because I flop them around so much, but to say the least just about all the good ones.

I was thinking white dragon breath, wrath of god, tranquil walk, the soothing sunlight maybe, crystal homing, and many others. I tend to adapt my spells on what issues i'm having.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Nah, at SL120 I don't think Res would do anything for you.

Try this:

http://darksouls.itsthatguy.com/?c=U29yY2VyZXIsODYsOCw0MSw4LDksMTEsOCw1MCwzMA==

If you're going to go for all 3 magic types, you'll need attunment slots! Just add some Vit and End to your liking, and maybe a tiny bit Dex and Str to wield a weapon. If you can do without WDB, you could save yourself 6 Int points, too.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Oh, for PvE, those Vit and End will be fine. You will really have to be careful, since you will be cooping in NG+ and most hits will kill you.

I have a glass cannon mage with Vit of 15 and End of 13 and I do fine.

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Ooh, look at this one!

http://darksouls.itsthatguy.com/?c=U29yY2VyZXIsMTIwLDM1LDM0LDIwLDE0LDE0LDgsNDQsMzA=

Can wield a Uchi, cast CSS and WoG, has plenty of attunment slots, and will survive at least 1 hit! winking (Also, fun fact, if you enter these stats in the Class Select Calculator, every class except thief is the same SL!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 pm