Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
FexDS
RevolverSnake
Argetlam350
TheColdestHeart
Noob-of-Artorias
Carphil
JohnnyHarpoon
passivefamiliar
XachAttack
14 posters

How is The Last of Us?

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

How is The Last of Us? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is The Last of Us?

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:45 am

I wish multiplayer had zombies. Something like a coop mode. My favorite parts were always the zombie ones.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:11 am

[Mild spoilers ahead]

I'm liking the part with Ellie at the start of the winter chapter,she is a much more likable character than Joel.This section has been more fun than any part I've played leading up to it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:08 pm

I'm glad there isn't co-op. For me every survival horror game that's tried it, RE is a great example of this, ceases to be survival horror. It simply becomes horror with no need to be afraid of anything because your partners got your back, and survival you don't need to worry about surviving because your partner will give you the items you need. Dead Space 3 is one of the few that did it right as far as I'm concerned. There was the option, but the campaign didn't force it on you like most others.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:05 pm

I finished it and I'm not so much a fan of the ending,it was a bit too short.Meh.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:55 am

Those firefly pendants.....fml. Some are hidden in the trees and even though I look for them I just can't see them until I look up in youtube. Some don't even have a firefly symbol painting nearby so you're clueless as to where to find them.Another annoying thing is that I can't play survivor difficulty new game + until I first finish the game on survivor. That means playing the whole game 3 times. I don't know what new game + adds but something tells me it's nothing.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:22 am

NG+ only carries over your upgrades and stuff.There is no new content.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:40 am

I picked it back up last night after a couple week hiatus playing Dragon's Dogam. I don't think it's as short as I was originally led to believe. I think I still have a good chunk of game left, I'm in the sewers after jumping off the bridge right now, and I'm just under 25 hours in. I think that's pretty decent. Granted I like to take my time and explore everything but I think in games like these it's expected that you do. It hasn't felt short so far either. Thinking back on all the stuff I've done it's been a full 25 hours. Every minute of it so far has been great too, which certainly helps. I'm really happy with this purchase. It's scaring me, the combat is fun, the stealth mechanics are solid for the most part, the graphics are gorgeous, the controls are implemented well, the plot is good, I've been enjoying the growing relationship between Joel and Ellie, regardless of it's predictability I feel like they wrote the whole thing in a way that's turning out to be pretty endearing. I'm enjoying the whole experience. My only beefs are that I think with the freedom the game gives you to approach situations in your own way, and as important as stealth is, I think you should be able to pick up bodies and move them, and I think you should have a way of making noise when you're hiding to draw things in your direction, as opposed to just throwing things. Games like Metal Gear or the Batman Arkham games both have options to knock when you're in cover to draw attention. It's a small simple feature, and it's so helpful. If not something like that it'd even just be nice to have an option to call out to enemies to get attention. It'd be helpful both for human and infected enemies, and pretty realistic on both counts. As far as bodies not only would it just be nice to be able to hide bodies, it'd also be nice to be able to set up ambushes for groups based on where you place them. Most stealth games have options like that, and it's just something you come to expect. It's fun the way it is regardless. I just can't help noticing the absence of those two things after having played a lot of stealth games. All said and done I just don't see much about it that isn't enjoyable.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:40 am

I've just finished my Survivor+ run and moved onto multiplayer for the last few trophies... holy bunnies of doom is the matchmaking awful. My team of level 0's was put against a team of 80-156 weeks ppls... they didn't even bother crouching, just ran up to us and slaughtered us. Wish there was a beginners bracket, gonna be reporting this to naughtydog via Sony and ask for some noobie friendly matching xD
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:50 am

There's this guy I met on LoL, who for some reason constantly wants to play multiplayer with me. He messages me at least once a day to play, and I haven't yet because I just don't have much interest in it until I finish up the campaign, just because when I have the time to be playing it that's what I want to be doing, aside from the fact that he's gotten a little internet stalkery about asking me all the damn time. That just makes me want to try it even less. I really like the campaign so far though.

Evidently he hasn't played LoL since my computers been in the shop either, which has been almost a month now, because he "doesn't like to play with anyone else." It's gotten a bit strange.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:54 am

I enjoyed the game a lot, I liked the sneak by mechanics and the story and setting were engaging and challenging. Dwelling on human nature when comfronted with crisis is often a worthy subject and it was tastefully done. I"m also very impressed with the graphics, some scenes are simply gorgeous. The ending... not a fan. I don't like books that end in ... either. Tell a story til it's done, and give it finality. BUt alas in the games world you have to leave it open for that sequel silly
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:58 am

I've really been enjoying the relationship between Joel and Ellie. There are so many fun little nuances, that just give the whole thing so much depth. I loved the scene when you first get into the hotel when you search behind the counter and she pretends to be the clerk and checks you into a room. Or it may have been the other way around, her pretending Joel's the clerk. I can't remember. It's the fun little things like that that've really made that dynamic work for me though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:18 am