Brony Thread

    Share

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Marino. on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:07 pm

    Oh, yeah, i know what you mean .

    Those Self-Insert Stories are terribad, and whats even worse is that there are plenty of those in the Pony Fandom .

    I've been reading countless so called "Human in Equestria" (the land MLP is set in) where the Human is the typical Mary Sue and who - after some minor Problems- would have a Romance with one of the Main Character from the Show .

    You have to dig through a lot of sh!t to find something worthwhile .
    avatar
    connorbambi
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 30
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-08-20
    Age : 22
    Location : Newcastle, England

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by connorbambi on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:43 pm

    Ive read far too many self insert stories. about 2% are worth reading.

    Is my sig obnoxious? I just like the pun.
    OC's, dont even get me started. Theyre god awful. 
    point in case:



    WHAT THE FUDGE IS THIS


    _________________
    avatar
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1886
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 27
    Location : Lordran

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by nsane32 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:45 pm

    I dont know what it is but something about Marino's Avatar makes it *** adorable


    _________________
    Prepare To Die

    I will protect my lord till the very end

    Au ou Pasnic Morarta

    Spoiler:

    GT:nsane32
    Steam:nsane32
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:48 pm

    connorbambi wrote:OC's, dont even get me started. Theyre god awful.
    Isn't there a site with a template that generates OC's lickity-split? I know custom/hand-drawn ones are more "valuable" but I can't tell the difference, honestly.

    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:49 pm

    nsane32 wrote:I dont know what it is but something about Marino's Avatar makes it *** adorable
    AJ+big green eyes+munching on a rancher hat=speaks for itself

    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:00 pm

    SadPanda wrote:Eh, not really. I'm talking about something along the lines of placing yourself, as a pony, into a story involving another character. I mean, I really like the show Dexter, I've been watching it for 7 years now, but I don't aspire to be like any or the characters, nor do I place myself within the shows story. And this may go to the thing where Dexter is live action and dark, and MLP is animated and light-hearted. But a show's a show.
    Tell that to the two guys who've tried to emulate dexter... My god, some people in this world :/


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 900
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2013-04-20

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by SadPanda on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:15 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:
    SadPanda wrote:Eh, not really. I'm talking about something along the lines of placing yourself, as a pony, into a story involving another character. I mean, I really like the show Dexter, I've been watching it for 7 years now, but I don't aspire to be like any or the characters, nor do I place myself within the shows story. And this may go to the thing where Dexter is live action and dark, and MLP is animated and light-hearted. But a show's a show.
    Tell that to the two guys who've tried to emulate dexter... My god, some people in this world :/
    Come to think of it, the show
    Spoiler:
    got even more gruesome and dark after that. Like the team of serial rapists headed by a motivational speaker, and ritualistic killings and sacrifices.


    _________________
    Well What is it mastr of downboats Well What is it
    edjier dan a knife
    Xbox GT: Gapestation

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Marino. on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:10 pm

    Hasbro's official channel got taken down because of Copyright Infrigment .
    Oh the f*cking irony .
    LOL:

    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:12 pm

    You mean PONY DEXTER?

    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:20 pm

    Marino. wrote:Hasbro's official channel got taken down because of Copyright Infrigment .
    Oh the f*cking irony .
    LOL:

    This is why people laugh at youtube for being so dumb.

    Seriously little kuriboh (yugioh abridged guy who i used to watch) every month has his channel disappear and appear again every month... it's just dumb really


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Marino. on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:28 pm

    Due to Youtubes faulty "Content ID" System every Video with corpirighted content gets taken down immediately .

    Even if you make something like a Review of the Show that uses 20 seconds worth of footage of the Show it gets taken down because Youtube doesn't have the resources to look into every case of corpiright infrigment .

    So basicly every appeal to get your Review back up gets denied instantly because Youtube assumes it's illegal until the last minute .

    If Hasbro wants their videos back, they'll need to directly contact people at Shout! Factory or they'll have to force things to a DMCA stand-off.
    That's the only way Youtube will let Hasbro have their videos back.


    Last edited by Marino. on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:29 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:
    Marino. wrote:Hasbro's official channel got taken down because of Copyright Infrigment .
    Oh the f*cking irony .
    LOL:

    This is why people laugh at youtube for being so dumb.

    Seriously little kuriboh (yugioh abridged guy who i used to watch) every month has his channel disappear and appear again every month... it's just dumb really
    Although that wasn't really Youtube doing it on purpose. It was the system doing it automatically. He even said don't get mad at youtube for it.

    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:11 pm

    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    Marino. wrote:Hasbro's official channel got taken down because of Copyright Infrigment .
    Oh the f*cking irony .
    LOL:

    This is why people laugh at youtube for being so dumb.

    Seriously little kuriboh (yugioh abridged guy who i used to watch) every month has his channel disappear and appear again every month... it's just dumb really
    Although that wasn't really Youtube doing it on purpose. It was the system doing it automatically. He even said don't get mad at youtube for it.
    I was more leaning on the side of youtube should just throw the system out because it's the internet and them trying to pretend copyright matters makes them a laughing stock silly


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:15 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    Marino. wrote:Hasbro's official channel got taken down because of Copyright Infrigment .
    Oh the f*cking irony .
    LOL:

    This is why people laugh at youtube for being so dumb.

    Seriously little kuriboh (yugioh abridged guy who i used to watch) every month has his channel disappear and appear again every month... it's just dumb really
    Although that wasn't really Youtube doing it on purpose. It was the system doing it automatically. He even said don't get mad at youtube for it.
    I was more leaning on the side of youtube should just throw the system out because it's the internet and them trying to pretend copyright matters makes them a laughing stock silly
    Well they have to pretend, you know for legal issues.

    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Reaperfan on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:57 pm

    a wild interruption appeared!  it used meme!  it's __________ effective:


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:11 pm

    Reaperfan wrote:
    a wild interruption appeared!  it used meme!  it's __________ effective:
    lol
    Cool.

    But I have no clue what Fluttershy is wearing in your avatar. I'm clueless.


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Marino. on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:26 pm

    Vinyl Scratch wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:
    a wild interruption appeared!  it used meme!  it's __________ effective:
    lol
    Cool.

    But I have no clue what Fluttershy is wearing in your avatar. I'm clueless.
    It's the Costume Rarity made for her in "Magic Duel" .
    Do you even watch the show ? silly 
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:28 pm

    I don't remember it looking like that.


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Marino. on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:31 pm

    I suppose i'm wrong lol .
    I remembered it was a black Bunny costume .
    Wait...is that a Playboy Bunny reference ?
    Eh, close enough:
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:33 pm

    Marino. wrote:I suppose i'm wrong lol .
    I remembered it was a black Bunny costume .
    Wait...is that a Playboy Bunny reference ?
    Eh, close enough:
    I knew it!


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.

    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Marino. on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:35 pm

    It feels wrong being...wrong pony02 
    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:36 pm

    Random Neigh........

    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:36 pm

    It'll be alright.


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.
    avatar
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2424
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2013-06-11
    Age : 21
    Location : Sitting next to Encore... "watching television"

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Soul of Stray Demon on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:37 pm

    BROFIST FOR ALL /) /) /)

    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:38 pm

    Was that nessessary? (\


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Brony Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:12 pm