Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Was patch 1.08 for all systems, or PS3 only?

retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Was patch 1.08 for all systems, or PS3 only? Empty Was patch 1.08 for all systems, or PS3 only?

Post by retro Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:34 pm

I'm finding it very difficult to get a clear answer on this. Are the PC and Xbox still on 1.06 (PC launched as 1.06, meaning no patches for PC, and only the DLC patch for Xbox)?

1.08 came with a fix for those afflicted with a stat-draining glitch or hack, where they could re-level their drained stats without any cost until the stats and player's level corresponded correctly again. 

The problem is that a newer version of the hack has apparently been more popular on PC recently, and on the dark souls reddit every other person is suggesting to try re-leveling at no cost because of the patch. This feature of the patch has been confirmed to NOT work for the PC version... but the question is also whether or not they ever got the patch at all. There's little consensus on this and a lot of people seem to disagree.

Also, let this serve as a reminder to BACKUP YOUR SAVES regularly if you play the PC version online. On r/darksouls, there were at least 4 discussion topics within 24 hours about "how do I fix my stats?" Take the precaution or essentially risk losing your character.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Was patch 1.08 for all systems, or PS3 only? Empty Re: Was patch 1.08 for all systems, or PS3 only?

Post by twigsterxd Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:12 pm

From wut I understand, 1.08 was for ps3 users to fix the flickering problem we had. You can always come to chat bro. You'd get tons of answers big grin
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Was patch 1.08 for all systems, or PS3 only? Empty Re: Was patch 1.08 for all systems, or PS3 only?

Post by retro Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:16 pm

Thanks! I'll try the chat, but both 1.07 and 1.09 were for fixing the flickering visuals, which occurred soon after 1.06 and 1.08 launched.

1.08 was launched specifically to patch out the stat-drain glitch/hack, and also offer a way to level stats back up for free if the glitch happened to you. It also fixed miracle resonance (PS3).

I wouldn't think it should be that hard to verify -- has a PC player ever downloaded a patch, or have xbox players had any patches since the DLC? But there are conflicting opinions. 1.08 came out in April 2013...
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:28 pm

do a search for 1.08 
    1 of those threads, has a full explanation on the patch. There's a link directing you to a website that will explain it all. I can't post link bud, I'm on ps3 browser
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:01 pm

The original patch notes and website weren't clear about this. I am finding a couple stray comments in a discussion thread here that are along the lines of "must be a PS3 thing". So I guess it probably was:
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t20699-patch-108
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 pm

To my specific recollection this was only a PS3 patch retro.  In our direct discussions with Namco and From's translated release notes this was an issue only discussed in relation to the PS3 platform and whether the knowledge of how to execute it had migrated to the western base.  The other platforms were not identified as in need.  However I don't have concrete citation beyond my firsthand knowledge if that is what you're looking for.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks emergence, that's good enough for me! happy
    I also had a few xbox players weigh in and inform me that they're certain they've never patched the game since 1.06, and they play online.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:07 pm

E just said wut I was going too. 1.08 was a playstation patch and 1.09 was to fix wut playstation screwed up on us which was the flickering. 1.08 caused our flickering problem.
    Figures E you had to answer while I was searchin threads for the answer LOL
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:36 pm

No problem retro. I always assumed that the code remnants were present in the other versions but since the issue had only popped up on PS3, I presume the decision was made to patch only that particular player base.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:06 am