E3 Class Gameplay Analysis

Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

E3 Class Gameplay Analysis

Post by Silver Mont on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:41 am

There's nothing too exciting or revolutionary here, but I made a quick analysis video for the E3 Class gameplay footage.

Likewise, if you've not seen my original analysis of the IGN premiere, that was a lot more in-depth

It's interesting to see how many changes have been made between the two builds, isn't it? Considering the game is still a good 9 or so months away. I think these are reassuring signs; it means they will have lots of time to polish the game, fine-tune certain elements and test/balance the online. 

You know what would be really good? If they released a demo in a few months to let the community find out any exploits so that they can be fixed before the launch of the game. I suppose that generally leans more towards the direction of an "open beta" but... it'd be good, you know? Catch any dragon glitches, broken spell/item combos etc. Perhaps not feasible, or even possible to pull off, though.

Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: E3 Class Gameplay Analysis

Post by Seignar on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:47 pm

Very nicely done. Although, I will comment on the fact you didn't mention the ladder drop in the beginning (very noticeable), meaning that they are working on more ladder-related events (such as breaking one mid-climb, for example). It is a good move, as you could see, the player, after dropping from the ladder, was unable to climb back up leaving them stuck in that area until death or they teleported back up.

Also, the comment about 2-handing shields is inaccurate as we could already do that. More precisely, you should have said: "It looks like 2-handing shields is more viable". Not that it wasn't, but situations never called for it.

Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:02 pm

You know, I was in a thread where everyone was talking so much about the ladder drop that I completely forgot to mention it as something that was new. As for the shield thing - yeah, I am under the impression that it might have some sort of use now, although I'm not sure what. Maybe you'll get a 50% stability boost or something? Similar to the STR boost from two-handing a weapon.

Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:09 pm

I can imagine some sneaky innovations with ladders now. Like climbing onto a ladder that has a death fall at the end and there are only enemies above you that are trying their best to drop you. Maybe, you can start climbing ladders from multiple points instead of from the top and from the bottom?

Also, shields already had stability boosts. My guess is that they show off the 2-handed shield because attacks will be harder to block. It has already been mentioned that dodging, blocking and casting now consume (more) stamina (something you didn't mention), which show that they are weakening the defensive factors in the game (minus the magic, which was nerfed because it was abused).

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:17 pm

Seignar wrote:I can imagine some sneaky innovations with ladders now. Like climbing onto a ladder that has a death fall at the end and there are only enemies above you that are trying their best to drop you. Maybe, you can start climbing ladders from multiple points instead of from the top and from the bottom?

Also, shields already had stability boosts. My guess is that they show off the 2-handed shield because attacks will be harder to block. It has already been mentioned that dodging, blocking and casting now consume (more) stamina (something you didn't mention), which show that they are weakening the defensive factors in the game (minus the magic, which was nerfed because it was abused).

Spell casting consumes stamina now??? lol...that's awesum!....sad 4 me sad...but still awesome!!! cheers
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Nice vidya.  I still wonder how dual-weilding works though.  I think it's very unlikely that they put in movesets for each combination of weapons.  So I'm thinking maybe the dual-weilding moveset will be based on which weapon you hold in your left hand.

Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:34 pm

Seignar wrote:Also, shields already had stability boosts.

Really? That, I did not know!

Seignar wrote:It has already been mentioned that dodging, blocking and casting now consume (more) stamina (something you didn't mention)

Ah, that I did know. I mentioned that in the earlier video when he was trying out his bow. I wasn't sure if dodging and blocking cost more or not as I hadn't done any fine comparisons, but that was a good catch!

It makes me curious as to how things will work when you have low stamina (at the start of the game, for example) - could it be that stamina is now % based for certain things? I,E; instead of a dodge-roll costing 50 stamina, it would cost 25% of your stamina? Actually, come to think of it, I don't really know how the stamina works in Dark Souls 1.

Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:15 am

Some interesting notes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:26 am