Class War: Pre-event discussion

Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Class War: Pre-event discussion

Post by Seignar on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Read: This is called a "Pre-Event Discussion" because this is not an event. This is discussing the rules and location of the event to offer a new,fresh feel in addition to trying to balance some of the odds that are against some classes. What you're about to read is not final, it is only material for you to discuss whether it should be remain as is or be changed. So when the real ones comes, then it's final.

Read thread for prelude
    Well, people wanted it, so I think its a great idea, despite the whole arguments in favor of Knight. Which is why this event will be special. Dark Souls is a game about War, not duels. What differentiates wars from duels? The enviroment.

For this event, I plan to not make it a standard duel session. Instead, I have selected a map that will make full use of all player skills and not just those related to the class. I have selected: Undead Parish - Boar Zone.

Pre-Zone: Boar-Zone

The Boar Zone is defined, by length, as the area in between the gate and the archway on the other side; by width, as far as you can go; by height, as high as you can go, and no lower than the achway that leads under the zone (although limits can be stretched to the bottom, but I prefer just before the archway)

Why it was selected: Much of the discussion in favor of Knight had to do with his strength and the fact that mobility was not a big factor to professional players. This zone has the following:

- 2 fire traps
    - 3 corner traps
    - 1 bridge
    - 1 fall death
    - 2 fall zones
    - A largely elevated area
    - 4 sets of stairs of varying angles
    - 1 tight corridor

Pre-Rules:

The drop zone for signs is on the bridge and on the base of the stairs, or...at the very least, that is where the starting positions will be assigned. One player takes the bridge and one player takes the base of the stairs. This is to provide height advantage to ranged-classes over the more melee centered classes.

There will be pickable items. It's a twist, I know. Among the dropped items are:

- Throwing Knives
    - Firebombs
    - Charcoal Pine Resin (Rare)

Please, leave your collection of Throwing Knives, Charcoal Pine Resins and Firebombs in your BB.

Deprived Class has permission to bring one additional weapon/shield to their fights.

The most important rule of all is that all classes must be at their Starting SL and starting, un-upgraded gear, with the exception of Deprived, that can bring 1 unupgraded weapon/shield in addition to theirs.

Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Re: Class War: Pre-event discussion

Post by Encore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:37 pm

I really like the idea.

While I can not participate (Long story) I think the idea is really nice.

Song of Myself
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Haven't we done this before? Either way, the Wanderer and Knight have massive advantages over other classes because the wanderer has stunlock and the Knight has poise. It really doesn't interest me.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:51 pm

Scimitar doesn't stunlock from my experiences. Also, Knight is highly restricted in movement, this was the point of the location, to use his/her bad mobility against him/her.

Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:57 am

I'm bringing a hunter. Or a deprived with a jagged ghost blade, not sure really.
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:41 am

This sounds fun. I think I'll be a Cleric. Can we use the heal miracle?

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:01 am

This sounds like great fun! I may use wanderer because of fast roll and high DPS, but I'm still a little undecided...

"What a shame it is that so little of what can be done actually is"- Me

"Those who fight with 'honor' are not fighting to win"- Me

"A try-hard is what a bad loser calls a winner"- robsthedon
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:33 am

Question. We can't upgrade or add anything to what we start with. But can we take off gear we don't plan on using?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:43 pm