Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
divinebeanpole
Animaaal
Leet
RANT
SeriousDogg
9 posters

Obsidian Greatsword OP Build

SeriousDogg
    SeriousDogg

Obsidian Greatsword OP Build Empty Obsidian Greatsword OP Build

Post by SeriousDogg Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:28 pm

This weapon is just insane, with Crystal Magic Weapon it's amazing, deals 811 DMG, and it's got such A low stat requirement.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=255878301340566380

( I know Chester's set is not amazing, but it's got the best look imo, and if I rarely need Poise, I can just switch between DWGR and the Wolf Ring)

I'm currently SL115 with this build it's amazing, easy mode, Artorias and O&S was A joke on NG+ with this build, and with Power Within it's just godlike.

It's also got A unique AOE Two-Handed strong attack, Black flames like Kalameet's, but it takes 50 durability, but u can just buy tons of Repair Powder for 300 souls each from Elizabeth and for 500 souls I Think from the Male Undead Merchant.

I'm highly recommend this sword, u need only 20 STR and 16 DEX, then u can just invest in INT.

But it's freaking hard to get this sword, cutting Kalameet's tail is 10 times harder than kill him.

What is your opinion ?

Last edited by SeriousDogg on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Obsidian Greatsword OP Build Empty Re: Obsidian Greatsword OP Build

Post by RANT Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:45 pm

its ok, a better build would be 27 str and 50 int with CMW though, when you two hand it you get 521 ar. Well What is it
    SeriousDogg
    SeriousDogg

Post by SeriousDogg Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:56 pm

RANT wrote:its ok, a better build would be 27 str and 50 int with CMW though, when you two hand it you get 521 ar. Well What is it
    My build got 50 INT, but I don't think that 27 STR worth it, it's got no scaling so I don't like to waste stats, but it got 480 flat damage, with CMW and 50 INT its 811 it's insane,

not to mention the unique AOE that u can cast while someone on the ground while he getting up and it's also A nice burst can one shot low vit players.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:06 pm

ogs is good but not op like people say, the r2 is like firestorm, youre only gonna land if youre opponent is retarded or after knocking someone on the floor. I have a 27str/30faith that's awesome and three shots most people when I use the large club or msgs.
    SeriousDogg
    SeriousDogg

Post by SeriousDogg Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:09 pm

RANT wrote:ogs is good but not op like people say, the r2 is like firestorm, youre only gonna land if youre opponent is retarded or after knocking someone on the floor. I have a 27str/30faith that's awesome and three shots most people when I use the large club or msgs.
    The R2 is good when someone rush to u from A distant or when someone getting up, it's also amazing in PVE, u can farm tons of the Phantoms in the Chasm of the Abyss with just one R2.

how much DMG u got with ur build?
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:10 pm

That sword is better at low levels imo unless you plan on usuing magic as your primary weapon (which it doesn't look like) I have a level 100 OGS build that is very effective. I put the minimum stats to wield it, 40 vit, and whatever was left into end. Also a couple att slots. I'd make a mugen for it but i'm not by my Ps3 for the exact stats. With 56 poise, black flame, and the OGS, you can woop some people.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Since this in pvp, I'll look at this build from that perspective.

-Having 0 poise is almost never a good idea, ever.  There's no reason to not have enough poise to tank a one handed dagger attack.  Without that, you'll be sight parrying...which is next to impossible.  Except for that guy that did it to me last night...he/she don't count.

-Then at sl 120, there's just not enough HP and/or defenses with this set-up.  I know Chester is cool (everyone thinks so), but you can keep the coat or hat and optimize better.  At least use Solaire's hands.

-Why not the TCC?  If you want PW just go to new game and lose WDB.  WDB is hard to use in pvp, but you can do it with a faster weapon.  Seems like a waste of attunement imo.

-You could replace Havel's with RoFaP if you switched 1 armor piece.

It looks fun, and I'm glad you seem juiced about it, but I'd build a OGS build a lot differently.

Last edited by Animaaal on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shpeling)
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:51 pm

For Pete's sake dude this is so wrong.
    OS is short, you need Poise, or everyone will interrupt you before you can even swing it.
    Get rid of White Dragon Breath. That thing is useless in PvP.
    Might want to invest in some HP, cos you're gonne get one shotted with this HP, especially since you lack Poise.
    Why do you hve DB when you have the sword? Gonna fall to DB spam if sword fails? C'mon. You'll get roll bs'ed asap like that.
    50 Int is useless. Logan's stops scaling after 45.

http://mmdks.com/2pnh

Kept your gear, but now the build has much more HP and 40 Poise, thanks to Wolf's. At least that PW won't slaughter you just by using it. You don't need tryhard ninja flippin' ring. You're a caster with a sword no matter what else you might think. That is your build, by these stats and gear. Flippin' is nice, but Poise is nicer, cos you're gonna get hit and when you do, being a ninja won't help you one bit. Having Arty's Wolf on your side might save your skin in there. Changed your spells to long range set, you have a sword, use it, don't relly on DB to do the melee for you.

Dunno if you'll like it like this, but I can guarantee it will be much more useful to you this way.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Magic Buffs are great in PvE, and look amazingly cool with the Ogs, especially CMW.

That said, since we are talking PVP here, this sword just SCREAMS for dump/elemental builds (VIT, ATT, and END). The stat investment is so low with Maxed unsplit damage that raising 30 or 40 points into magic for the extra AR on the buff seems like a waste. Especially since Gold Resin is a significant boost in and of itself, and with Power Within anyway you wont notice a huge difference, you'll still be hitting like a mother F@&$er, and you can carry more than 3 at a time thumbs up

My current 120 build is base stats to wield the Ogs, and I personally chose a huge END dump because I love to have tons of armor and weapon options and still fast roll. 

Great for pyros that dont need the DEX, as you can have a butt ton of attunement as well
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:39 pm

>get minimum stats for sword.
    >dump the rest into vit, end, and maybe some att.
    >buff with a resin.
    >enjoy your 76+ poise flippy build
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:26 am

http://mmdks.com/2ps2 slvl100, solid hp, stamina and poise, better buff(s). this should be lots of fun. too strong for a duel situation though imo.
    SeriousDogg
    SeriousDogg

Post by SeriousDogg Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:29 am

you'r right about the 50 int it's usless, I didn't payed attention when I created the Build it's not scaling after 45 int sad, I will delete this build because of this mistake.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:41 am

lol at people saying WDB is useless in pvp.  come duel my sorc then.  its the best spell in the game to use unlocked.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:04 am

Sorry Glute but...
    Yadda yadda yadda It doesn't suck, I know how to use it, come try me yadda yadda yadda
    How many times have I heard it on this forum?
    I bet it's in every similar topic.
    That spell is trash in PvP, unles it's used in specific locations when you can't evade an inch to any side. Sen's bridge, the narrow corridor leading to Depths bonfire etc.

Wanna prove WDB isn't crap in PvP? Post vid, or tells us how you use it and let's see.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:18 am

Sentiel wrote:Sorry Glute but...
    Yadda yadda yadda It doesn't suck, I know how to use it, come try me yadda yadda yadda
    How many times have I heard it on this forum?
    I bet it's in every similar topic.
    That spell is trash in PvP, unles it's used in specific locations when you can't evade an inch to any side. Sen's bridge, the narrow corridor leading to Depths bonfire etc.

Wanna prove WDB isn't crap in PvP? Post vid, or tells us how you use it and let's see.

the thing with the spell is you dont have to HIT the person to do damage, you just cast/lay it down in the direction they roll, and they walk into it.

its not like other spells where you need to land a direct hit while unlocked you just need to predict which way they will dodge and let them walk over it.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:24 am

I was kind of hoping you're gonna say something like "I aim for the sky to make the laser coming from the catalyst hit the other player for instant damage". I was wondering if that laser can do damage, cos I know it can be aimed, but I think not.

I dunno Glute, if I saw someone cast it I would just roll bs them, or kick + bs them (in case they're too good to get roll bs'd). If I couldn't I'd just wait it out and evade if the spell will be aimed at me. I think I would definitely wait out the first cast, just because I'm not used to people carrying the spell. Wouldn't wanna jump into CSS. lol!
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:25 am

But... what if they have a brain that is bigger than a walnut and DONT walk over it?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:26 am

^ That's also a legit point. lol!
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:24 pm

divinebeanpole wrote:But... what if they have a brain that is bigger than a walnut and DONT walk over it?
    This.

Seriously, even if WDB didn't have a such a slowass casting time, its easy to dodge even with a mid roll. If they have fast roll, then dodge and bs you.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:52 pm

i guess WoG is useles because you can roll BS that easily.

Pursuers is useless because you can just roll into them.

Dark bead is useless because you can Roll BS that.

any slow swinging weapon is useless because you can Roll BS that.

you can make the same argument for every spell i the game, fact is  its not as easy to do against a good player who doesn't spam.

you aim the spell for the area the person is going to finish there roll, so if you guys know how to change direction mid roll please let me know, and you don't use it when the guy is close to you, that is just obvious.

you mix the spell casts up with CSS and WDB so they don;t know if it will be a fast or slow cast, throws their timing off.

way back when i first made my sorc and she was SL100 we were hosting FC in the Painted world arena, ask Rant or Reim how it went with WDB, was the only time i ever consistently beat them, they usually rock my face off.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Glutebrah wrote:i guess WoG is useles because you can roll BS that easily.

Pursuers is useless because you can just roll into them.

Dark bead is useless because you can Roll BS that.

any slow swinging weapon is useless because you can Roll BS that.

you can make the same argument for every spell i the game, fact is  its not as easy to do against a good player who doesn't spam.

you aim the spell for the area the person is going to finish there roll, so if you guys know how to change direction mid roll please let me know, and you don't use it when the guy is close to you, that is just obvious.

you mix the spell casts up with CSS and WDB so they don;t know if it will be a fast or slow cast, throws their timing off.

way back when i first made my sorc and she was SL100 we were hosting FC in the Painted world arena, ask Rant or Reim how it went with WDB, was the only time i ever consistently beat them, they usually rock my face off.
    You're comparing cars and airplanes here.

WoG has large 360 degree blast. Yes, it is very easy to roll bs, even unlocked. However, the spell is very fast and can easily catch you off guard.

Dark Bead is also fast and has wide horizontal radius, making it ideal for unlocked casting to ctach roll bs attempts.

Slow swinging weapons can be also unlocked to counter roll bs and parry attempts. They also carry the risk of getting stunlocked to death.

Yes. I can change direction midroll, just as you can cast WDB fast enough to actually hit someone exiting a roll. I can also sing, dance and backstab from ten meters.
    Wait, I actually do the last part. Nevermind then...

I'd have to roll two to three times for you to actually hit me (fast roll), because of the long casting animation. If we're talking fat roll here, then yes, I believe you can do that. It would be much better to aim CSS this way. It's faster and does more damage. If you can manually hit people with WDB, you should be able to headshot them with CSS on a command.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:32 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Yes. I can change direction midroll
     u wut m8?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:33 pm

lol no you're just arguing for the sake of argument. yes other spells are easier to connect but that doens mean the others suck.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:40 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

u wut m8?

Roll from a bridge. I was rolling forward, now I'm rolling downward.
    Change in direction over 9000.

I asked Glute to post a vid, or a way to use the spell. Saying he can hit you with one of the slowest spells in the game as you exit roll is none of those.

I'm actually interested in the spells usage in PvP. Haven't fought against it, nor used it much, so if Glute is as good as he says, I'm sure he can share some insights on how to use WDB.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

u wut m8?

Roll from a bridge. I was rolling forward, now I'm rolling downward.
    Change in direction over 9000.

I asked Glute to post a vid, or a way to use the spell. Saying he can hit you with one of the slowest spells in the game as you exit roll is none of those.

I'm actually interested in the spells usage in PvP. Haven't fought against it, nor used it much, so if Glute is as good as he says, I'm sure he can share some insights on how to use WDB.

i already told you how i use it, but you didn't like my answer.  Buy me a recording device so i can record my play if you wantor we can just set up some duels, i'm not saying i will hit you 100% of the time i cast it, or even 50% of the time, but i am pretty effective with it.

all it comes down to is if i can successfully predict the direction you will try and dodge the spell and lay it down just a tad in front of you.

Last edited by Glutebrah on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 pm