Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Werdax
SlothAlmighty
eminusx
Emergence
Animaaal
RandomAttractor
Soris Ice Goldwing
Encore
Seignar
steveswede
Tolvo
15 posters

Projared's Hands on of Dark Souls 2, Character Creation/Etc Discussed

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Projared's Hands on of Dark Souls 2, Character Creation/Etc Discussed - Page 2 Empty Re: Projared's Hands on of Dark Souls 2, Character Creation/Etc Discussed

Post by Sentiel Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Two handing a shield is actually a great idea. It reduces Stamina drain on block in current Souls games, so it allows you to block stronger attacks. Also, the Str reduction from two handing applies to shields as well, so you can block and tank with a greatshiled like this and allow other players to focus entirely on offensive.

We don't know the stats and upgrade levels of the equipment used in the demo, but when the player blocked with a shield, even a basic undead did a lot of Stamina drain. Given the increased Stamina drain on rolls, two handing a shield might be a good option if you have to deal with a lot of enemies, or with a heavy attack.

Devs haven't said a word about Human - Soul/Hollow form mechanic. The first trailer syas "You're undead...", but we're not the chosen undead anymore, so maybe we can't revert back to human anymore, or can't go full on beef jerky face, like in Dark Souls. I doubt devs will force us to be permanently online, so there's gotta be some system to this, which simply wasn't revealed yet.
    Another thing to note, is that having Estus Flasks, Healing Stones and Humanity is just way too much curative items. Especially if those Healing Stones drop frequently from enemies.
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Projared's Hands on of Dark Souls 2, Character Creation/Etc Discussed - Page 2 Empty Re: Projared's Hands on of Dark Souls 2, Character Creation/Etc Discussed

Post by Werdax Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:12 am

Sentiel wrote:Devs haven't said a word about Human - Soul/Hollow form mechanic. The first trailer syas "You're undead...", but we're not the chosen undead anymore, so maybe we can't revert back to human anymore, or can't go full on beef jerky face, like in Dark Souls. I doubt devs will force us to be permanently online, so there's gotta be some system to this, which simply wasn't revealed yet.
    Another thing to note, is that having Estus Flasks, Healing Stones and Humanity is just way too much curative items. Especially if those Healing Stones drop frequently from enemies.

This is something I suspect we will only hear more about, very late into development. Revealing it now could potentially give too much away about the story, or other lore specific reasons. It also reminds me of how excited I am to hear about multiplayer in DS2. But for now, it is only understandable that From wishes to focus on PVE.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm