Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Encore
Ahhotep1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Mr. Tart
twigsterxd
FexDS
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sentiel
Latitoast
Dibsville
Saturday-Saint
15 posters

Text Editor problem. Anybody know how to fix it?

FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Text Editor problem.  Anybody know how to fix it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Text Editor problem. Anybody know how to fix it?

Post by FexDS Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:06 am

I'm reporting the issues as we find them... Seems a lot of the forums that use dark colors are having similar issues.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Text Editor problem.  Anybody know how to fix it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Text Editor problem. Anybody know how to fix it?

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:24 am

Thank you Fex. You're great. ^^

EDIT:
    I forgot to add it previously.

I'm not sure if it's the new layout, or if it's now exclusive to PS3, but something changed the sig limit you made some time ago, to limit people with big sigs.

Text Editor problem.  Anybody know how to fix it? - Page 2 Analys10

Again, straight from PS3 browser.
    As you can see, that huge Gwyndolin picture is a sig, also a gif. Completely uncut. I've tested it with my own sig and I can put up to three gifs of the same size as I have now below each other and all show up.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Text Editor problem.  Anybody know how to fix it? - Page 2 Empty had to delete a "/" to prevent it from stopping the size code

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:36 am

This is an absolute disaster!  There are words to express how awful this is, but I'm not old enough to use them (neither is my dead grandfather).  Editing is not difficult -- it's impossible.  I tried to edit a picture in this thread (by the way; I'm now wondering if this update is the reason it's now blown out of proportion and watermarked), but when I put the new picture in the rest of the code in the OP just broke down.  I had green in there out of nowhere -- never had anything resembling green.  Oddly it wasn't even in the post, though -- it was in the coding! I had random [size] codes and the like show up as green.  You can't see most of the coding anymore, so you can't see what's wrong in order to fix it.  At one point I disabled BBCode to try and see what was going on and there was tons of erroneous code from trying to fix stuff -- it doesn't go away and it doesn't do anything!  Except code the code.  But, it doesn't do it right -- I found myself typing in white on white.  That code actually worked though, until I tried to code something else of course... angry

Starting from scratch doesn't work either.  I pasted the OP (I saved the coding, so it was the exact same thing that worked except a small rewording) into a new post, hit preview and there was maybe one sentence that showed up right.  I figured out how to wipe the code out (remove text formating) and tried to build up from there too and still couldn't get more than one thing to show up right and a time.  Curiously, the freaking colors didn't even show up right.   I manually entered the hex code for this blue, which I've been using for a while now and it came out differently.  Oh, and the picture codes didn't work when I ctrl+V'd the same code that's up there now!  I've got 4 pictures in that post and not once showed up.  I can't edit out the hideously oversized and water-marked picture now because I won't be able to do keep anything else remotely close to what it was.

I'm not going to preview this because it will be like editing, plus I kinda wanna see what it will look like -- in fact I'm going to change the font and size as an experiment.  That's the other thing, too: I can't highlight the text, pick a random font or color and then manually insert the one I want anymore.  I've got to do the whole thing by hand.  So please forgive me if this is a tough read.

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to delete a)
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:03 am

well, it actually turned out ok... I forgot I put "[/size]" in the middle of my text, so in fairness I edited that to "[size]" so the font didn't randomly change sizes.  This sucks; but the random size change wasn't its fault. :razz:  However, if I go to edit that post & copy/paste it somewhere else it won't come out the same.  Which is just laughable to me.  And god help us all if I wanted to go back and change something rather than just delete it.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:40 am

Unfortunately it will take time to identify the issues and resolve them. The playstation browser does look horrendous, have you tried using mobile version of site on it? Or maybe deleting the cache or something that could be causing the issue? I doubt the devs will have ps3 browsing as a priority. sad

The site resolves well on my phone and ipad, as well as firefox.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:04 am

I tried everythig I know of. I'm using PS3 browser as my main way to access the net since forever. happy
    I have a old notebook, but it's for work only and mostly used by my lady. PS3 browser is outdated and doesn't support anything. It's seriously worse than IE. And that's saying something. lol!

Don't worry about it Fex. I think that everybody tried to make a blog, or a forum via a template from a provider at least once, so we know that making changes to the template itself is next to impossible. Especially something so obscure as PS3 browser support. 

I don't have a smartphone, nor tablet, nor do I plan on getting one, so I can't comment on the mobile version there, but it doesn't work on PS3 at all. Most of mobile versions of sites don't work on it. It's a really horrible browser. >_>
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:12 am

reim0027 wrote:When I try to quote someone, it doesn't show the code: [ quote=reim0027]text[ /quote]

When you delete it, the quote box is still there, but there are no texts.  I'm sure this applies to tables as well.  That will make editing our own posts and quoting others more difficult.

The last button that looks like a Page to the right of the smilie toggles the code visibility on/off.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:43 am

Okay so I assume this text box thing is part of the reason the format of the forum switches back and forth for at least me?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:48 am

That's probably E and Fex doing changes and wrestling with the provider.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Whenever i qoute someone with the "Qoute" button i can't write anything outside of the yellow Box . 
    I smashed my keyboard hoping that it would fix it but that wasn't the case, ehlp !
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:09 pm

This is everyone about the text box: Switch to the editor mode. It works better and you can type out side quotes as the code becomes visible
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:24 pm

Much better, thanks Soris pony05
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:41 pm

Let the record show that although that helps this new UI is still totally broken.  Is there anything that can be done to help get rid of it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm