Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
GenericUsername
tinypantha
Major_kenny
Oh_the_Humanity
Fatneckwood
A Fierce Plankton
Effylmimer
11 posters

E3 Trailer || Mirror Knight and Knight in the mirror theory

Effylmimer

E3 Trailer || Mirror Knight and Knight in the mirror theory Empty E3 Trailer || Mirror Knight and Knight in the mirror theory

Post by Effylmimer Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:40 pm

So after watching the trailer about 20 times, I put my thoughts together in video form about who I think the knight who emerges from the mirror is. For those who cant be bothered to watch the video, I don't say definitively who I think it is, but I give some speculation towards it being Ornstein or Oscar of Astora. The link to my video is here...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-f4TyyKQ-k
    A Fierce Plankton
    A Fierce Plankton
    Casual
    Casual

E3 Trailer || Mirror Knight and Knight in the mirror theory Empty Re: E3 Trailer || Mirror Knight and Knight in the mirror theory

Post by A Fierce Plankton Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:06 pm

It has just being confirmed by Namco that the mirror knight creates a copy of your own character. They said it in the youtube comments section of the newest trailer at the namco bandai EU chanel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ecITYi40tA

It's one of the top comments.
    Effylmimer

E3 Trailer || Mirror Knight and Knight in the mirror theory Empty Re: E3 Trailer || Mirror Knight and Knight in the mirror theory

Post by Effylmimer Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:19 pm

A Fierce Plankton wrote:It has just being confirmed by Namco that the mirror knight creates a copy of your own character. They said it in the youtube comments section of the newest trailer at the namco bandai EU chanel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ecITYi40tA

It's one of the top comments.

I'm sorry, but I cant find it
    Fatneckwood
    Fatneckwood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fatneckwood Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:50 am

NamcoBandaiGamesEU 16 hours ago
    Yep, this boss generate a shadow copy of your very own character...Creepy!

Exact Quote. Kinda disappointed really. I thought they were gonna do something a little more....idk I was just expecting to be surprised. And I guess it can make multiple copies of you because some people in the demo were fighting up to 5 knights plus the boss.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:56 pm

Aww, so it's just a rumor that its an actual player coming through the mirror? 
    Like a summon to fight with a boss! That would be so bad A$$.
    Major_kenny
    Major_kenny
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Major_kenny Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:Aww, so it's just a rumor that its an actual player coming through the mirror? 

yeah I did read that too!

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/13/4425468/dark-souls-2-interview-yui-tanimura-e3-2013

Quoting: "

In the Dark Souls 2 demo Polygon saw at E3, the Mirror Knight took a knee and summoned a regular sized bad guy out of his mirror.
    In the retail version of Dark Souls 2, which is due out on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in March 2014, that won't be the case. In the retail version, the Mirror Knight — the 20-foot humanoid tank with the plated armor and the magical lightning sword — will not eject an AI-controlled enemy from his oval mirror shield. He will eject a human-controlled character.

"

If true it will be awesome, and at the same time it might be though since you can battle against skilled players.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:09 pm

Major_kenny wrote:
    Oh_the_Humanity wrote:Aww, so it's just a rumor that its an actual player coming through the mirror? 

yeah I did read that too!

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/13/4425468/dark-souls-2-interview-yui-tanimura-e3-2013

Quoting: "In the Dark Souls 2 demo Polygon saw at E3, the Mirror Knight took a knee and summoned a regular sized bad guy out of his mirror.
    In the retail version of Dark Souls 2, which is due out on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in March 2014, that won't be the case. In the retail version, the Mirror Knight — the 20-foot humanoid tank with the plated armor and the magical lightning sword — will not eject an AI-controlled enemy from his oval mirror shield. He will eject a human-controlled character."

If true it will be awesome, and at the same time it might be though since you can battle against skilled players.

Yeah, if they can implement real players into boss battles, that would be such an amazing idea. Or some of the worlds phantoms like Kirk or Mildread could be humans. I am all for this idea.
    Theres still time FROM, are you listening? 
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:17 pm

if hackers hack on this boss... it wont work. gj from
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 pm

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that it would be a PvP boss like the Old Monk.
    Major_kenny
    Major_kenny
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Major_kenny Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:48 am

@GenericUsername yes they said that too, but if you had read the article of the link I posted you would know that they explained it a little better.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:39 am

As far as I understand right now, the Mirror Knight is a boss that can summon other players to fight for it, but said players are limited to the host's own gear for battle. This would actually be a good balancing act...but, at the same time it isn't. It prevents the summons from being stronger than the host, but the fact that they are equal to the host means the host doesn't stand a chance if they don't bring phantoms.

In addition, this could be abused, how does the Mirror Knight copy you? What you're wearing now? If so, can't you just take everything off to prevent the summon from being strong?
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:52 am

Soo I have a theory here...

What if Mirror Knight summons your character from original Dark Souls? In the trailer summoned knight that has obviously Elite Knight set, which is trademark of original Dark Souls with seems like DSS, And Artorias Greatshield, and summoning is probably random, if you have many characters.

Just think about it wouldn't be that awesome? And tied with the lore. I think the whole game we are retracing your characters steps from Dark Souls, extinguishing bonfires, and ultimately removing curse of the undead. And Last Boss would probably be protagonist of Dark Souls which is you!
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:16 am

But what if you haven't played the first game yet (theoretically speaking)? Or if you buy the game on another platform? I admit, it sounds awesome, but it just wouldn't be possible. It would also require that every single armor piece from the first game, had to be placed in the second, and that wouldn't work out either.
    The idea is cool, though.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:35 am

A mix of copies of your own self and real players that look like you too would be awesome.  Imagine as each one spawns, is it AI. Or. A real focker?
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:37 am

Werdax wrote:But what if you haven't played the first game yet (theoretically speaking)? Or if you buy the game on another platform? I admit, it sounds awesome, but it just wouldn't be possible. It would also require that every single armor piece from the first game, had to be placed in the second, and that wouldn't work out either.
    The idea is cool, though.

I think we'll be looking at all new weapons, and armours. Some may be similar to known items from both previous games

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:48 am