Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
SirArchmage
GrinTwist
Latitoast
Soris Ice Goldwing
Maneater_Mildred
Encore
Marino.
passivefamiliar
12 posters

500 rounds of 9mm. take that big gov.

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

500 rounds of 9mm. take that big gov. - Page 2 Empty Re: 500 rounds of 9mm. take that big gov.

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Whereas we can get guns at Wal-Mart. Pistols take some work but I could have a shotgun or rifle in about 15 minutes. Maybe less.

There's definitely a big culture difference on this issue with this forum thanks to the international nature.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

500 rounds of 9mm. take that big gov. - Page 2 Empty Re: 500 rounds of 9mm. take that big gov.

Post by Marino. Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:43 pm

There really is, here in Germany BB Guns and Gotcha Guns are the hardest things you'll see on People with very few having actual Guns, and even then you need to do several tests in order to have them in your House and not just on a Shooting Stand .

I was just curious why Americans have so many Guns .

Edit:
    Guns in *** Wall-Mart ?! straight face
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Marino. wrote:There really is, here in Germany BB Guns and Gotcha Guns are the hardest things you'll see on People with very few having actual Guns, and even then you need to do several tests in order to have them in your House and not just on a Shooting Stand .

I was just curious why Americans have so many Guns .

Edit:
    Guns in *** Wall-Mart ?! 500 rounds of 9mm. take that big gov. - Page 2 271237510
    Yup, we have guns at Wal-Mart.

Live in a country where you are constantly reminded you are not only free to purchase firearms, but are encouraged to buy them in the event that the goverment goes corrupt.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:47 pm

American culture is scary
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:51 pm

Marino. wrote:American culture is scary
    Gotta prepare for that zombie apocolypse bro
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:53 pm

I'm reconsidering wether i want to ever go to America or not, knowing that if i knock on the wrong Door i could get shot since i'm invading their Property and they're just defending it .
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:54 pm

Rural areas (like mine), are basically gun fests. My daughter and I went for a walk recently and there was a guy who pulled into a driveway in front of us. Looked like a divorced dad picking up his daughter. He had to move his gun from the seat to the bed of his truck for her. He did this like it was perfectly normal. Because here it is. I didn't think twice about why he had a gun in his vehicle. Lotta people do.

And I'm not trying to derail this thread. I'm more than happy to put my two cents into a gun conversation and keep it going. But I think the tension from a few posts is nothing more than a culture gap. Here, a gun conversation might be considered as normal as a weather discussion.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Guess you're right.
    And judging from the constant downvotes i get my Opinion or Culture on this matter isn't wanted .
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:01 pm

I don't understand that at all. I get how big of a shock some of this might be to some people. Particularly in countries with little to no gun ownership. It seems like you're just reacting to news you never really grasped before. Kinda like I told you that America is full of land mines (that's an exaggeration I know but similar idea)
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:03 pm

Marino. wrote:I'm reconsidering wether i want to ever go to America or not, knowing that if i knock on the wrong Door i could get shot since i'm invading their Property and they're just defending it .
    A guy won't just shoot you for no reason in the middle of day, but even cops recommend shooting guys who trespass in a non-lethal area, dragging him into the house, and then shooting him in a lethal spot like the head.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:04 pm

Marino. wrote:Why did my Post get downvoted ?

I wasn't implying anything against guns and this Thread isn't about that anyway . I was just curious .

Other than that i can't really add anything to the topic though .
    We used to have a Shooting Stand with BB Guns using soft copper bullets, they don't hurt too much but it's not something you can shake of too easylie 500 rounds of 9mm. take that big gov. - Page 2 2640184516
    Don't worry. It's neutral now. I gave your post a +1.

As for the topic. I don't understand why you need that many bullets.
    The only kind of gun I own is a pellet pump action pistol, and two .177 pump action BB/pellet rifles. Used for target practice/fun.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:06 pm

I know that Americans have lots of Weapons, it's common knowledge .

I just wanted to know why so many People have Guns which was why i asked why he needs so many bullets, after all they could just use it for Sports and the like .

And this talk about "Protecting my Property" i heard in some places is giving me chills .
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:07 pm

Marino. wrote:I know that Americans have lots of Weapons, it's common knowledge .

I just wanted to know why so many People have Guns which was why i asked why he needs so many bullets, after all they could just use it for Sports and the like .

And this talk about "Protecting my Property" i heard in some places is giving me chills .
    We're never going to lose guns.

If lots of people own guns, you're pressured to own your own gun so you can talk about it with others, and you generally feel more secure.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Latitoast wrote:Why were those posts downvoted?

:l

Americans think that anyone who thinks (even foreigners who have no idea about American sensibilities) that gun ownership is silly and unnecessary is evil and wants to expunge the 2nd Amendment.

For the record: The cat's post possibly deserved the downvote. Marino absolutely did not.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:09 pm

SirArchmage wrote:
    Marino. wrote:American culture is scary
    Gotta prepare for that zombie apocolypse bro
    Just going to quote this for because of lolz.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:10 pm

Common fear that ANY law about guns violates the 2nd Amendment to the U.S constitution.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:14 pm

Latitoast wrote:A guy won't just shoot you for no reason in the middle of day, but even cops recommend shooting guys who trespass in a non-lethal area, dragging him into the house, and then shooting him in a lethal spot like the head.

They seriously recommend vigilantism ? In Germany even beating a Guy to pulp who's trespassing your Property will get you at least money Penalty .
    You are however free to hold him down until the Police arrives .

Latitoast wrote:
    Marino. wrote:I know that Americans have lots of Weapons, it's common knowledge .

We're never going to lose guns.

If lots of people own guns, you're pressured to own your own gun so you can talk about it with others, and you generally feel more secure.

I think theres more to it than just peer pressure .

Thanks Vinyl and Pendant biggrin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:16 pm

500 rounds is not really a lot for a target shooter. Get a friend or two and you can burn 100-200 in one sitting. Even my preference of larger caliber pistols would hold 6 or 8 bullets (revolver) at a time. With the lower amount of 6 that's only 16 full loads for that gun. 12 for an 8 shot (100 bullet estimate). Even taking your time shooting, you'd use those shots in a minute or so. Reloading might take another minute (less actually). So with a casual night 100 rounds are gone very quickly (an hour or two).

The reason the op is sounding triumphant isn't because he has a ton of ammo, but the latest trends have been to try to decrease the amounts in a single purchase. Also, due to this political trend the economy of it has been that gun owners have drastically increased ammo purchases, causing a short term shortage and price increases. So finding a bulk deal is reason to celebrate
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Target shooting is fun, in my opinion.
    But it's best not shot so many at a time. Because your aim degrades/decreases the longer you're shooting. That I know. You can get careless if you keep at it long enough. Thus maybe jamming the gun, possibly.

Personally, I think Assualt Rifles should be banned, in America. They are too easy to get in the wrong hands. Makes for a massacre, many deaths of innocent people.
    Other guns, I'm basically fine with.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Marino. wrote:They seriously recommend vigilantism ? In Germany even beating a Guy to pulp who's trespassing your Property will get you at least money Penalty .

American school suffers a mass shooting. American response: Arm the teachers.

That's just the way this country is and my state, Florida, is the worse of them. Look up "Stand your Ground" laws.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Pendant you are mistaken there. In a school shooting, you don't change anything. Politics are amazing. Sarcasm
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:21 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Marino. wrote:They seriously recommend vigilantism ? In Germany even beating a Guy to pulp who's trespassing your Property will get you at least money Penalty .

American school suffers a mass shooting. American response: Arm the teachers.

That's just the way this country is and my state, Florida, is the worse of them. Look up "Stand your Ground" laws.
    It is a bit reasonable. One teacher with a gun, or even a stun-gun, could have stopped school shootings.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Let's not start a topic on gun violence. That's likely to be divisive and not the intention of the thread to boot
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:25 pm

Because teachers are trained to handle firearms and would assuredly react appropriately in a attack?

Not to mention, kids mess around. I'd give it 5 months before some kid(s) somewhere got their hands on the teacher's gun. Probably just for **** and giggles but we all know where that can lead.

Anyway, I'm taking leave from this thread before I say something I might regret. Toodles. 500 rounds of 9mm. take that big gov. - Page 2 945058907
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:25 pm

It's unavoidable, skare. It was bound to of happened, since this thread was started.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:55 am