Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Werdax
mr_no_face
Marino.
mikeiothegreat
Azran
Sinthor
SATLOS
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
phastings
Myztyrio
DyingAce
Dibsville
ChaosMoogle
18 posters

The Current Gen Issue...

mikeiothegreat

The Current Gen Issue... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Current Gen Issue...

Post by mikeiothegreat Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:30 am

Yeah you have to have a Gold sub on 360 for any kind of multiplayer.

So ummm, how do we encourage From to build a PS4 version of Dark Souls 2 happy
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:37 am

all we can really do is wait. Like you said it will be released well into next gen life. SOOOOO it may be redesigned for it  who knows? Final Fantasy 15 was originally for ps3 but 7 years later....-.-..... is on ps4 lol we could still b surprised let's just hope that they make it so bada$$ that they HAVE to put it on ps4 and xbone

*In addition : My thoughts on it being current gen is. I'm keeping my ps3 soulfully for Dark souls 2 and to continue playing Little Big planet ... yeah soak it in I'm a little big planeteer  lol.... Sony is working on uploading all current gen ps store content onto ps4 via Gaikai and Emulation over the first year or so of next gen. BUT that will probably only select indie titles and NOT current gen games that are on the store .... backwards compatibility is like a sin in the gaming world for some reason >.< No matter what the PS4 won't read ps3 discs so prepare to repurchase ps3 games sooner or later
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:49 am

The only positive thing I see coming from this, is that I won't get lonely on the PC version. I do worry that DS2 will end up with a disappointing sale, due to the lack of next gen compatibility, but people are right about current gen consoles being used even after the launch of the next gen.
    I plan on buying a Ps4 about a month after its release, but I have far too many games to my Ps3 to discard it.
    I, for one, intend to hold on to my current gen console for years to come. And I sure hope other will too.

Last edited by Werdax on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:57 am

yeah agreed lol  but i honestly don't plan to get rid of my current gen until my games are out dated by  outstanding sequels or i get bored ... but thats unlikely
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:45 am

If you ask me, it's better for them this way.  Think of it in reverse.  Which group is larger?  People who move on to PS4/XB1 and never go back, or people who can't afford to get a new system right away?  I can personally say that if it weren't coming to current gen, I wouldn't be able to play it for about a year or so because I don't make big bucks.  They're "gaining" customers by retaining and not alienating current fans.

"A penny saved is a penny earned."
    ~Benjamin Franklin
    (I think...)
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:57 am

For the first time ever I think I will get a console on launch. Every one of them has been WAY to expensive until now. And honestly, I do wish this game was coming to both generations. Would be better for From....Anyway, I have pretty much used my Ps3 for souls games only....so no doubt I will get the new one. I just hope From do well enough to continue the series. It is truly unique in a fairly bland landscape of releases. There just are not many games that are worth playing in my opinion. But the souls games are some of them.
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:04 am

Reaperfan wrote:If you ask me, it's better for them this way.  Think of it in reverse.  Which group is larger?  People who move on to PS4/XB1 and never go back, or people who can't afford to get a new system right away?  I can personally say that if it weren't coming to current gen, I wouldn't be able to play it for about a year or so because I don't make big bucks.  They're "gaining" customers by retaining and not alienating current fans.

"A penny saved is a penny earned."
    ~Benjamin Franklin
    (I think...)

That's a good point actually, Reaper. I think the issue mostly affects people like me and Mikeio then, who are thinking about switching from Microsoft to Sony (or for some reason, vice-versa), and don't want to pay 2 subscriptions + games (which btw, are looking to be around £55 / $80 surprised ) + the console, and perhaps weren't planning on purchasing anymore current gen titles. I won't be, with the exception of DkS2, of course silly

I too will most likely be getting one of the consoles on, or as soon after launch as I can simply because the next gen is overdue, and the prices are actually quite good (both being cheaper than the PS3 launch price, at least in the UK). I'll still be keeping my 360, as I kept my other consoles, but I'd hoped only for offline play if I switched to PS4. Hmmmphh, I guess I have another reason to consider staying with Micro$$ then. Sigh.

We can hope, Mr_no_face! The PC users got DkS on PC, right.....
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:08 am

SATLOS wrote:Guys, FROM is developing this on PC this time around. It makes no sense not to port it to the next-gen consoles.

We WILL see a port to next-gen. It doesn't make financial sense NOT to when you've already got code that will work on the next-gen. We all know what matters most to the publishers: $$$

Why they haven't announced it at E3 is beyond me, though. Perhaps Sony/Microsoft don't want a third party non-exclusive title overshadowing all their AAA shooters in sales.

Relax gang. Despite everything that has been said, I would be willing to bet the farm you will see DkS on next gen consoles. Remember, From didn't handle the DkS port to PC, Namco did. Just because From isn't planning a port to next gen, doesn't mean that Namco won't. Tip o' hat to Pacnyc for this insight. And as noted in the quote above, this should be a very easy port to make since PC is lead platform this time.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Originally, I planned to get an Xbox One until MS dropped the ball and alienated about 80% of their customer base.  I'll probably be getting PS4 now.  But that being said, I'm glad it's coming out for the PS3/360, since no matter what, that install base is going to be a lot higher for a while.  I plan to keep my current gen systems for some time anyway, since I didn't see a single game at E3 that interested me.
    Sinthor
    Casual
    Casual

The Current Gen Issue... - Page 2 Empty Next gen

Post by Sinthor Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:30 pm

Well, I'm glad that it sounds like a lot of us dedicated DS players will be keeping their old systems for DS 2!  If they DO announce a port to 'next gen' I will be happy and will definitely switch my order to a PS4 version at that time.  Till then, I have the PS3 version pre-ordered since about March when it was first allowed on Amazon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:40 am