Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Halicarnassis
benny-the-jew
Sentiel
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Looking Glass Mind
Kiva the wanderer
SlothAlmighty
skarekrow13
Seignar
Shamanix
phastings
Johnthethird
16 posters

Mirror Knight Theories?

Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Mirror Knight Theories? Empty Mirror Knight Theories?

Post by Johnthethird Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:29 pm

Any Idea how this might fit into the lore? Based on what we know
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Mirror Knight Theories? Empty Re: Mirror Knight Theories?

Post by phastings Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:51 pm

Reminds me of symphony of the knight. If you watch the trailer and pause at around 0:46, u will see the archetypal knight break out of her shield. He's wearing something very similar to the elite knight set, so perhaps this is some kind of doppelgänger you must fight. Very epic looking boss.
    Shamanix

Post by Shamanix Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Perhaps it will be similar to the old monk fight in DeS, i.e. maybe you will have the opportunity to play as the guy coming out from the mirror? That would be cool!
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:11 pm

^yes! Good thinking, that would be amazing!
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:31 pm

It has 3 possibilities:

1) Boss summons clones of you.
    2) Boss summons an invader that will fight you either with A) His/Her personal set-up or B) Your set-up
    3) Boss summons an NPC to assist it that are not necessarily clones of you.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:37 pm

My thoughts:
    It shows the mascot character getting jacked up. The knight that exits the shield is not in the same gear (elite knight with winged spear). It probably does not clone you.

The exiting knight appears to be forcing his way out. Mirrors have been linked to the soul (no reflection for vampires due to a lack of a soul). Mirrors have also been used as trap or prisons, (mirror mirror on the wall).

Can we get trapped if we lose? With an escape only by fighting for our prisoner? That would be hard to implement but awesome.

Does the knight jumping out become hostile to us? They didn't show the mascot fighting a silver elite knight. Does it turn on its captor?

If we do fight the elite knight: do we have to kill him? Can be become a friend?

I sure as heck don't know
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:54 pm

I dig the getting trapped in the mirror idea. that could be could. could be a whole new world, maybe a labyrinth. you wander around it fighting until you get summoned to fight.

if you win you get a special item, if you lose you go back to a bonfire (not back into the mirror)

the breaking out of the mirror part is interesting. it suggest a prisoner rather than a doppelganger.

Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:25 pm

Maybe Knight king rendel? It does look like a tower shield
    Looking Glass Mind
    Looking Glass Mind
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Looking Glass Mind Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:26 pm

Might be something related to the Dragon School of Vinheim's elite magic. If we agree that the heavy presence of dragons/wyverns suggests Vinheim, the Mirror Knight might be a part of that country's magic.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:28 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:My thoughts:
    It shows the mascot character getting jacked up. The knight that exits the shield is not in the same gear (elite knight with winged spear). It probably does not clone you.

The exiting knight appears to be forcing his way out. Mirrors have been linked to the soul (no reflection for vampires due to a lack of a soul). Mirrors have also been used as trap or prisons, (mirror mirror on the wall).

Can we get trapped if we lose? With an escape only by fighting for our prisoner? That would be hard to implement but awesome.

Does the knight jumping out become hostile to us? They didn't show the mascot fighting a silver elite knight. Does it turn on its captor?

If we do fight the elite knight: do we have to kill him? Can be become a friend?

This is a terrific concept! Having lost to mirror knight and being trapped until you beat the host would be such a clever way to 'add a dark souls twist' to multiplayer. I like my dark souls to be as techincally difficult as possible, and this would be an interesting way to accomplish that, as pvp can be significantly harder than pve.

i think they could implement that, but maybe only if you die to this boss in human form or something along those lines.

could be a covenant thing too.

all i can say is I am looking forward to mirror world. For anyone who is not familiar, watch this video to get a better understanding of mirror world lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7iMiT3MoP0

Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:35 pm

phastings wrote:
    skarekrow13 wrote:My thoughts:

This is a terrific concept! Having lost to mirror knight and being trapped until you beat the host would be such a clever way to 'add a dark souls twist' to multiplayer. I like my dark souls to be as techincally difficult as possible, and this would be an interesting way to accomplish that, as pvp can be significantly harder than pve.

i think they could implement that, but maybe only if you die to this boss in human form or something along those lines.

could be a covenant thing too.

all i can say is I am looking forward to mirror world. For anyone who is not familiar, watch this video to get a better understanding of mirror world lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7iMiT3MoP0

Each time you die part of you gets trapped reducing your max health till you kill the boss
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:20 pm

the problem with being trapped until you beat another player would be

A) what if you are playing off line

B) what if you just aren't good enough to beat another player. would your character be trapped forever? there would have to be another way out.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:41 pm

I remember some one suggesting a boss with the "trapping mechanic", heck even suggested a great shield for the trapping mechanism, on this very forum actually... wonder if that's where its from, i'll have to look for that thread...
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:05 am

Seignar wrote:It has 3 possibilities:

1) Boss summons clones of you.
    2) Boss summons an invader that will fight you either with A) His/Her personal set-up or B) Your set-up
    3) Boss summons an NPC to assist it that are not necessarily clones of you.
    After lookig at the trailer again a few times, I think that this copy, is the boss' attack, which will be used in the fight, not before it. It's not like it will summon and go watch from afar. They're surely gonna fight you two on one. It fits into Souls far better than having the boss have you a nice one on one with your clone. If that's the case, it would be far too OP to have another player do this. Imagine O&S with one of them being controlled by a player.

Now, if that would be the case, it would be epic if the boss could make a copy of you with all your gear, stats and everything, but it would be immortal. To ged rid of it, you would have to break the boss' mirror shield. Looks fragile enough imo.

If the boss would just create some another NPC, or a randomly equipped avatar, it would be a lot less epic and there would be a lot of wasted potential in that fight.
    benny-the-jew
    benny-the-jew

Post by benny-the-jew Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:52 am

Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:02 am

^I'm thinking royalties or your name under concept design! lol!
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:09 am

ok speculation but i think that youl get summoned before the batlle like the old monk nut you are traped in the mirrior until the boss uses you while your in the mirrior you are in a labirynt made of crystal but if you find the exit you will break out of the shield and become the assinstant of the host plus you get a spesial item for breaking the mirror that lets you copy yourself for the expend of 50% of your hp.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:21 am

I have just noticed something - the knight that comes out of the mirror shield changes form.... What llooks like a classic Roman Officers helmet or one similar to the heroes, to the elite knight outfit... pause it and you'll see the changes.. I'm thinking something like Mokojin from Tekken Tag - a mass of characters and it changes as you fight it...
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:59 am

Halicarnassis wrote:I have just noticed something - the knight that comes out of the mirror shield changes form.... What llooks like a classic Roman Officers helmet or one similar to the heroes, to the elite knight outfit... pause it and you'll see the changes.. I'm thinking something like Mokojin from Tekken Tag - a mass of characters and it changes as you fight it...

What time in the video did you see this? I just watched 0:52-0:56 a bunch of times, and I'm not seeing it.

Unlikely theory: save import from Dark Souls 1. You fight a character wearing the gear of one of your DS1 characters. Seems like a stretch that all of the gear would make it into 2, though.

Also, that elite knight is totally going to turtle behind his greatshield, and poke you to death with his dragonslayer spear...
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:26 pm

The knight seems to be holding ornstein's spear
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:44 pm

They've got a video on gametrailers where Patrick Morales discusses the Mirror Knight fight.

The boss can apparently create MULTIPLE "clones" (or whatever they may be). If you don't destroy the mirror on the bosses shield, it will keep creating them.

They saw some people on the E3 floor stuck with a 5 on 1 boss fight!!

Hopefully Mirror Knight just spams Well What is it while you fight his creations, lol.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:54 pm

The specific details were:

- Has a similar fighting style to False King. Already means you're screwed.
    - His signature attack permits this Boss to summon an apparently limitless number of boss-level NPC to fight you.
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:03 pm

^ STOKED!!!

If anyone else can't find the video, here's the link:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/199cml/dark-souls-ii-first-take

Effylmimer

Post by Effylmimer Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:36 pm

I made a video about my speculations here if anyone wants to check it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-f4TyyKQ-k

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 am