Senty's PvP spam, rant and other amazing stuff

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Senty's PvP spam, rant and other amazing stuff

Post by Sentiel on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:43 am

After some time...two months perhaps...of being away from Dark Souls, I decided to dust off my copy of this amazing game and go straight for some Burg PvP. I also decided to stop posting my PvP stories into the Fight Club thread and rather make my own thread for my PvP spammy spam.

I did exactly 25 fights yesterday and another 25 this very morning. I mostly tried invading, but you know how the game is, so in the end I ended up hosting most of the fights. Dragon's Dogma has a very different control shceme, so it got me killed a lot in the start, but I got quickly used to Souls controls and our beloved PvP lag.

My build underwent some changes, most notably changing RoFaP for Hornet RIng. People hate on it, but it's their own problem. No need to concern myself. The loss of extra carrying capacity made me swap my beloved Shotel for Composite Bow. Oh, how I wish to have three weapon slots!

Off to the fights!
    From those 50 fights, I met three very nice guys, right off the bat. We talked a bit, exchanged tips and strategies and my general faith in gamer humanity was slightly restored. A few jumpers later it got back where it was before. Well, since I don't bow unless it's a summoned fight, jumpers kinda fail in my case. Even if it's a generally accepted PvP area, since we're invading, I see no reason to indulge ourselves in pleasantries. In the end, all we want is to gut the other person, right?

I met two highly comical gank attempts and one successful. Didn't expcet three high poise gankers at the spawn point. Not much to do against them, especially with Rapier.

Somebody here said that people tend to wear hatemails as some sort of badges of honor, so I shall do that as well. Sounds like fun. Too bad I can't screenshot them and share them in here. Got first hatemail in the first 15 minutes. Hornet Ring hate, as expected. Got another one, which was a lot longer and lot harder to decipher soon afterwards, in one of my first few invasions. Divine Blessing hate. The host chugged in his Sunny D after I roll bsed his Claymore, so I chugged...or whatever you do with it...one of my last Divine Blessings (gotta remind myself to restock later ). I see no reason for hate on the poor item. It's much more effective than Humanitites, thanks to the speed of the usage.

I met one very cool guy, with whom I had a nice Dark Hand fist fight. It's nice to see guys like that.

Another host, a male host, with Dusk's set, minus the chest. It looked...disturbing.
    Guy had 0 Poise and used DSS and EF and I must give Kudos to this person for utterly obliterating me with this set.

I was also invaded by a twink. I poked him with my Rapier for third of his HP bar. That kinda gave him away.
    I gave him the look...
    Spoiler:
    ...and he knew he's f***ed. Sweet revenge! twisted

Overall, I won most of the fights, which I think is good, given how rusty I still am.
    It was a good day.

I'll try to get rid of the rust before trying to fight one of you PvP maniacs in here. No offence, but I know most of you guys are beasts that laugh in face of three man ganks.

Cheers and expect more Senty's spammy spam PvP stories in the future. o/

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Re: Senty's PvP spam, rant and other amazing stuff

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:32 am

Sentiel wrote:Another host, a male host, with Dusk's set, minus the chest. It looked...disturbing.

That's something.

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:09 am

It was funny. It was also the only guy I met with no piece from Havel's set. People tend to go for function over looks, so I prefer to look at a man in woman's clothes, than another dirty, torn up hollow with shiny armor and magic sword. Both look equally ridiculous and silly, but the guy in a dress is much rarer to find.

robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:12 am

like Mourinho to Chelsea, welcome back Senty, I look forward to more pearls of wisdom.

EXILED of ARIAMIS  Join UsBeckon
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:21 am

Sentiel wrote:It was funny. It was also the only guy I met with no piece from Havel's set. People tend to go for function over looks, so I prefer to look at a man in woman's clothes, than another dirty, torn up hollow with shiny armor and magic sword. Both look equally ridiculous and silly, but the guy in a dress is much rarer to find.

I haven't used a piece from Havel's set for PvP since my first.

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:37 am

robsthedon wrote:like Mourinho to Chelsea, welcome back Senty, I look forward to more pearls of wisdom.
    Thank you Rob.
    Can't wait to get my butt kicked again. big grin

Myztyrio wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:It was funny. It was also the only guy I met with no piece from Havel's set. People tend to go for function over looks, so I prefer to look at a man in woman's clothes, than another dirty, torn up hollow with shiny armor and magic sword. Both look equally ridiculous and silly, but the guy in a dress is much rarer to find.

I haven't used a piece from Havel's set for PvP since my first.
    We fought yesterday, or today? O_o

Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:07 am

Oddly enough, I also went to the Burg today for the first time in a long time and was disappointed. I certainly haven't gotten any better in my absence, but I won nearly every single one of my fights, even invading max level trolls. I was defeated by a laggy DMB bs fisher, a pair of gankers who I suspect were hacking but couldn't be sure, and one astonishingly skillful Gravelord who handed my *** to me with DWGR and the Chaos Blade- Just those three people out of 20-30 invasions, which is kind of sad because I don't consider myself that great at dueling. Moonpit is looking better in terms of challenge but the Burg needs to step up its game, it's too easy as it is.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:13 am

I have to admit that I don't like Moonpit. Dealing with those trees and Stone Giants on NG+ is a chore.
    If the invaders is a ***, he can aggro them on you and you're screwed. That doesn't happen in Burg at all. I man yeah, they can aggro hollows, but those are ******* even on NG+7.

I had a lot of Japanese players today. Boy those guys must have ten fingers on each hand. They're so fast. All of them use stuff like raviolli, fight unlocked the whole match, spell cancel WoG into bs and more. Oddly enough, my noobish locked on style with Rapier wins most of the time. I even don't use Shotel now and I'm sure it would allow me to win even more, because some of them have 0 Poise. Not really sure why though...
    Well whatever. ^^

Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:27 am

Moonpit tends to have the best players and the worst tryhards. A lot of the time it's not so fun there since the fights are so tense and the opponent cuts you no slack with bs punish, tickstabs, etc. Everyone fights like they have something to prove, it's like MLG in that place and it annoys me.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

ringo_mogire_SZS
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:40 am

:mask-father: Looks, functionality everything you could ever want.

Ill be on PS4 at around Christmas time hopefully so my psn tag is "KivaNChips"

Multiplayer titles and Souls games
    Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.
    Target games on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny and a next gen souls title?

games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.

So many games, so little time (And Money).
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:41 am

Ever gravelord the moonpit? Its fun.

Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.

games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:10 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Moonpit tends to have the best players and the worst tryhards. A lot of the time it's not so fun there since the fights are so tense and the opponent cuts you no slack with bs punish, tickstabs, etc. Everyone fights like they have something to prove, it's like MLG in that place and it annoys me.
    Agreed in full.
    What the hell is tickstab?
    You guys developed yet another insane to execute technique while I was gone?

Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:13 am

I thought we changed the name to FlutterPit? But i do remember having fun times in the pit against the known DkS players that used to be top of the book of the guilty.

games im following

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:18 am

Hmmm
    Met a modder, or hacker, or whatever the cheating scum is called.
    Full Havel's + Giant Legs, with fast roll. Some shield, not sure which and Crystal Sword (one handed). Did a bs worth of 1300 HP and a R1 for around 700 HP.

I met the guy before. Shouldn't have deleted him from my Block List.
    Kinda hoped those guys went extinct on PS3 while I was gone. :/

Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:19 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:Moonpit tends to have the best players and the worst tryhards. A lot of the time it's not so fun there since the fights are so tense and the opponent cuts you no slack with bs punish, tickstabs, etc. Everyone fights like they have something to prove, it's like MLG in that place and it annoys me.
    Agreed in full.
    Essentially a tickstab is when you break the opponent's poise and then bs them while they're staggering. Some weapons are better for this than others and WoG is supreme at it, as are UGS r1's and greatsword dash attacks. There's no reliable way to escape it either.

ringo_mogire_SZS
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:22 am

Sentiel wrote:Hmmm
    Met a modder, or hacker, or whatever the cheating scum is called.
    Full Havel's + Giant Legs, with fast roll. Some shield, not sure which and Crystal Sword (one handed). Did a bs worth of 1300 HP and a R1 for around 700 HP.

I met the guy before. Shouldn't have deleted him from my Block List.
    Kinda hoped those guys went extinct on PS3 while I was gone. :/

Is horrible on Xbox. 1 hit Crystal GSs everywhere.

games im following

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:32 am

So that's what it is. I know that. I died to this many, many times. Just didn't know it has a name. happy

People often do a running 2h R1 with a greatsword and combo it into a bs. It made me so mad that I now sport 62 Poise, so I can tank everything. Even BF.

robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:47 am

It takes two to make a fight tense, personally that's how I like fights tense and full on, 'trying hard' as it were, otherwise it's just dancing. I hosted and vaded moonpit, burg, township and the forest yesterday and the moonpit is the best place for duels the township was ok too.

Sentiel wrote:

Stun bs nothing new.

EXILED of ARIAMIS  Join UsBeckon
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:15 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    Agreed in full.
    Essentially a tickstab is when you break the opponent's poise and then bs them while they're staggering. Some weapons are better for this than others and WoG is supreme at it, as are UGS r1's and greatsword dash attacks. There's no reliable way to escape it either.

A tactic that will fish for hatemail almost as effectively as for backstabs is to use force instead of WoG, and run hornet ring + dagger or rapier.

You stagger them, preferably while unlocked and not too far way, then basically just pivot BS.

Bonus points for doing it with a chaos zwei on a giantdad and using it instead of the grass crest shield while 2 handing and hitting them with a tickstab unlocked instead of a 2h r1 unlocked ^_^. People adore such tactics.

Even more fun since force will deflect things itself and is supremely spammable; the threat of a tickstab on it for 1/2 someone's health is simply obnoxious, not to mention a decent counter to toggle-escape at times.
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:27 pm

robsthedon wrote:

It takes two to make a fight tense, personally that's how I like fights tense and full on, 'trying hard' as it were, otherwise it's just dancing. I hosted and vaded moonpit, burg, township and the forest yesterday and the moonpit is the best place for duels the township was ok too.

That. Full on "tryhard" or I may as well be playing saints row instead.

@TheMelnTeam it works better with wog if your good about it (ie patient). Use it to win a trade for 500, right before a rapier bs for 1300 and an instant victory.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:34 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    robsthedon wrote:

That. Full on "tryhard" or I may as well be playing saints row instead.

@TheMelnTeam it works better with wog if your good about it (ie patient). Use it to win a trade for 500, right before a rapier bs for 1300 and an instant victory.

I agree, but there's something to be said for utterly spamming people and doing something so nasty off of virtually no stat investment.
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:30 am

It has been three days since I returned to Dark Souls. In these three days I met three guys with hacked Crystal weapons, who OHKO'd me. Before, if I met one of them in two months, it was a record.

What the hell happened to the PS3 version while I was gone?!

divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:15 pm

Ive had quite enough of the hacked Crystal swords as well, way too many show up in Darkroot these days.

I dont even get why its fun for them..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:11 pm