Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Ghadis_God
Paragon
Saturday-Saint
divinebeanpole
Soris Ice Goldwing
Leet
TheMeInTeam
Sentiel
Encore
SirArchmage
Jansports
Dibsville
kozak
17 posters

Darkmoon Blade buff frustration.

Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Darkmoon Blade buff frustration. - Page 2 Empty Re: Darkmoon Blade buff frustration.

Post by Jansports Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:39 pm

If you know not the joy of the buffed large club I weep quietly in the night for you.

It's also not possible to parry a dead angled swing, seriously the most frustrating thing about UGS is deciding what to do about their second swing. They can negate attempts to parry or roll BS if they guess right, honestly it's best to just back off and try to not get involved in guessing games.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Darkmoon Blade buff frustration. - Page 2 Empty Re: Darkmoon Blade buff frustration.

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:41 pm

TooLeet wrote:I agree. It's a lot easier to hit someone with a katana etc. than a zwei. Buffs only last so long. I'd rather be able to do insane damage as fast as i can instead of waiting around for the right time to swing my big *** sword with the possibility of missing and getting BS'd or just as easily parried.

You only have to hit once with a heavy weapon, and if you get parried or bs'd with a zweih, you made a stupid mistake. unlocked horizontal 300 degree swings are almost impossible to bs unless you're really predictable with it, and they dead angle so parries/blosking don't work at all. In fact, running up and spamming with a fast weapon is begging to get parried/bs'd as the faster weapons have more trouble deadangling and have lesser horizontal arcs
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:02 pm

You're making it sound like a zwei is the most perfect weapon in the game.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:07 pm

No (though ugs are my favorite class), spears and gurrila tactics (in-hit-out) are the bane of its exsistence unless It can land a trade, I'm simply explaining that bsing and parries are almost a non issue when using it correctly, so that portion of your arguement is invalid.

It is tougher to hit with, yes, but then it only needs to hit once, which evens that out fairly well.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:09 pm

A zwei is one of the easiest weapons to parry in the game. Whenever i see someone using one i can't help but laugh. Yeah every once and awhile i lose to one (because i get stunlocked to death) but have since learned to toggle escape. So it ain't no thang. They're slow and obvious. If you get hit by one yeah, it's gonna hurt. But if you get hit by one you've made a mistake. I have a DMB Iato build that i stopped using. It was too easy. All i did was see if they were competent enough to parry and if not, i'd gradually tear them to pieces. And if they can parry, i'd still just gradually tear them to pieces.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Again, you can't parry dead angles. Most zweih users arn't good with it and don't know to dead angle, but against a competent player you'll never parry it because they'll deadangle you every time you try.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:22 pm

So everytime you swing a zwei you dead angle?
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:17 pm

When I use a Zwei, maybe about 80% of my R1's done within parry range are dead angles.

I am not sure what Pirate is on about with Zwei's not having a problem with BS's, though.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Again, you can't parry dead angles. Most zweih users arn't good with it and don't know to dead angle, but against a competent player you'll never parry it because they'll deadangle you every time you try.
    I second this.
    Before Dead Angles became a sort of general knowledge, Zwei and other similar weapons were next to useless, because you could simply parry them, or roll bs them.
    Now, if they unlock and swing to get DAs, they can effectively counter both parry and roll bs.

It's quite annoying really, but at least it gives these weapons the sense of "I'm gonna get killed if that hits me" again. Not to mention giving Str builds a fighting chance, so they don't have to rely on being light and fish for bs all the time.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:52 pm

OKay so i made a zwei build just because of this thread. I guess it's not too bad. It does have a problem with being BS'd though. This guy tried BS'ing me 6 times. He only landed 2 because the thorn leggings. Does good damage. The only downfall like i said is it's slow (obviously) Against a competent player who knows how to roll/dodge it can be quite frustrating. I'm gonna keep at it. I'm more of a claymore guy because i love the moveset (because my favorite sword in the game is the Abyss GS atm)
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:37 am

There's a nice trick to the roll bs guys. To roll bs you, they have to be in a very specific distance from you. Remember this distance well. If you see him in this distance, being inactive, it means he waits for you to swing to roll bs you. Swing, unlock and turn 180 degrees. The guy will roll right into your swing. Might not work a second time though, so make sure to trash his HP as much as possible. Clever guys will stop right there and try something else. Stupid guys will do it again. Easy to fiure out. In best case scenario, they get mad and start being aggresive, which is the last thing you wanna do against a big weapon.

BS and Parry fishers are usually defensive, or will try to bait you to attack. It's pretty easy to read and counter most of the time. Especially with a huge swing ark weapon like Zwei.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:01 pm

On one of my old psn accounts i managed to make a successful dual wield zwei build. Surprisingly it worked. I could fast roll with 56 poise while having 2 zwei's and a target shield on me. People get confused when they think you're gonna swing with the right hand zwei and you swing with the left.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Intelligence builds have an easier time buffing.

I'd wait to start the fight, get a b/s or riptose in, roll away, put your back against the wall and then buff.  Its risky, but it'll ensure maximum buff time.

Other than that, you'll just have to deal with it. Shrug

There really is no simple solution.  There is TWoP I guess.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:52 pm

TooLeet wrote:More hackers though but oh well.

While this is entirely off topic; what in the heck are you talking about? Xbox has so many more hackers, they only just started popping up on PS3.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:48 pm

If you would have read the conversation you would have known we were on the topic. And how are you gonna say there's more hackers on Xbox. You can't have unlimited accounts like you can on Ps3 (you can but it's gonna cost you a **** ton of money.)
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:15 am

TooLeet wrote:If you would have read the conversation you would have known we were on the topic. And how are you gonna say there's more hackers on Xbox. You can't have unlimited accounts like you can on Ps3 (you can but it's gonna cost you a **** ton of money.)

Sorry Leet. Its common knowledge that there are several more hackers on xbox than the ps3.

I know this is true for Dark Souls, and it appears to be true in general because of how the games are coded. You are the first person I've ever heard say there are more hackers on ps3 than xbox.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:19 pm

I figured because on Ps3 you can have unlimited accounts for free so i thought it would just be easier to do so because if you get banned you can just make a new account right there. When i was an xbox guy i never ran into a hacker. On any game i've ever played. Bought a Ps3, loaded up DkS and within the first week of playing ran into at least 5 hackers. My bad.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:16 pm

I wasn't saying that you were off topic, only that I was. The things is with Xbox is that hackers apparently never/rarely get banned due to Microsoft not caring about Dark Souls in any way shape or form, so the unlimited accounts thing is irrelevant. But I digress.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:00 pm

That is true. Xbox seems to not care about any game imo except halo lol.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:58 pm

kozak wrote:So I have been having a lot of fun with my blade of the Darkmoon build, http://mmdks.com/2oh1

However I have to say I am rather frustrated by the darkmoon blade buff. First, finding time to buff is often problematic and has gotten me killed on several occasions. There are those in common pvp areas that will just not let you buff and attack as soon as you spawn. If I am hunting outside of those areas I often have to go searching for the host, meaning I cant buff before I find them and by the time I see them it may be to late to buff depending on how aggressive they are.

Second, it just does not last very long. I am very much a defensive player, I keep my enemies at a distance with the spear and move around a lot frustrating them into making a mistake and striking at the right time. This means that its entirely possible for the first  minute of a fight not to see any strikes landed. So now I am left with an unbuffed spear and I need to menu switch to my elemental spear to keep the fight going, and of course fumbling with equipment is always dangerous.

Finally I have a composite bow in my right hand that i like to often use during fights, the only problem is darkmmon blade on my spear disappears if I switch to the bow. This means I can not use it until the buff wears off.

So in short for all these reasons I have lately been opting to just go in with my elemental spear and spare myself all this trouble. I feel much more confident knowing I can engage in battle at the drop of a hat, pull my bow at any time and not have to worry about menu swaps, not to mention the attunment slot I will be freeing up if i forgo the buff.

But on the other hand i feels like a waste to be a a blade of the darkmoon and not put the most powerful buff in game to use, especially since I have the faith to use it. After all it does have more then 150 dmg on my regular elemental spears.

So I guess I am not sure what to do, do you guys think I should forgo the buff or just learn to use it more effectively?

Sorry that be me I dont like darkmoons (nothing personal more rp than anything) and will attack as soon as they start to buff to even the odds most darkmoons act like forest hunters(Me) but instead of just the forest ,play dirty everywhere. When one invades me and sees my armor (almost non existant) and buffs it angers me in my mind I think in their mind they got an easy kill so I kill them. And since Im light on me feet due to lack of armor after Ive backstabbed them for buffing depending on what they do when the get up is how I treat the rest of the fight. Ive noticed alot of darkmoons lately on xbox with unlimited wrath and dkmoon blade  (not cool) but thats beside the point I just wanted to post is all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:46 pm