Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Kyuseishu
Ghadis_God
SirArchmage
Dusk Soul
Dibsville
reim0027
Encore
Maneater_Mildred
Sneezer
Sentiel
Bleeding_Katana
SadPanda
16 posters

Hatemail From Modders

cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Hatemail From Modders - Page 2 Empty Re: Hatemail From Modders

Post by cerealaire Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:15 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:From what my knowledge has I believe a burner account is another account used solely to receive the hatemail and people who have reported them for hacking and the account used by the hackers themselves. Some hackers on xbox make it a fact to put something like "This is not my real account so F**** you losers".
    more likely that person is the loose Prayer yesss
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:20 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:From what my knowledge has I believe a burner account is another account used solely to receive the hatemail and people who have reported them for hacking and the account used by the hackers themselves. Some hackers on xbox make it a fact to put something like "This is not my real account so F**** you losers".
    facepalm.gif

Thank you for explaining it to me.
    I'm 25, but still too naive to figure such things out by myself. It would never occur to me to do it in the first place. I just don't see any point.
    Kyuseishu
    Kyuseishu
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyuseishu Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:23 am

Sentiel wrote:
    facepalm.gif

I'm 25, but still too naive to figure such things out by myself. It would never occur to me to do it in the first place. I just don't see any point.

I should make a thread about them since I see them so much. But, a very easy way to spot a burner on Xbox is to look at their gamer score, and comments they have displayed on their homepage.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:26 am

Neither do I Sentiel but apparently some do. #1 Guy in the book of guilty on this side literality put that Microsoft can't...well basically do S*** for that. Then again he was one of those guys who hacked everything to ruin the game and piss off every player here. You want to tell who hasn't hacked the game look at the 30s in that forsaken book.
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:27 am

Kyuseishu wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    facepalm.gif

I should make a thread about them since I see them so much. But, a very easy way to spot a burner on Xbox is to look at their gamer score, and comments they have displayed on their homepage.

its like a battlefield 3 100 colonel who made a new account
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:06 am

Well that would explain why most gankers and senders of hatemail have only a handfull of trophies and mostly from Dark Souls only.

On PS3, we have a level system instead of a score, but we can't leave any visitor messages. Only a very short comment (20 letters maybe?), which is usually empty and three selected laguages of the user. Sony idiots still didn't include all languages in this option after so many years of PSN. Two languages I'm fluent in are not listed there, so I only got English. Just a side note rant, ignore it. happy

On the other hand, I'm really glad I can block these guys and never see them again. Not really something you see often in games lately.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:11 am

Here is the old fashion blocking way: Move to a new location, never talk to the guy again, come back to the location of the hacker or whatever a few hours later. Chances are you never see them again. One thing I like about the xbox is that you can see who is invading and keep time for how long they are there.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:34 am

You can see who's invading, or who you're invading on PS3 as well. I usually open the Options menu, where you have the Quit Game option and simultaneously open Players Met in XMB. As soon as I get the fog, a name of the person I'm going to play with (even failed attempts) is showed there + time of connection.

If it's someone I don't want to play with, I still have time to hit the Quit Game option and leave. I also use this to know when I was actually invaded, because the Quit Game option becomes black once you have another player in the game. It's super useful against Japanese players, who tend to physically appear in my world even after several seconds of actually being there. It saves me from getting attacked by invisible invaders most of the time. And I can use it together to know if the invasion will be successful, or if I just have the fog and will be stuck without bonfire, or PvP for a few minutes. So it's good to just Quit Game right there.

I really hope these, the lag when other players appear and the falied invasions that block your bonfire and PvP, won't be in DkS II as it's quite annoying to be constantly in the menu, on the lookout for invaders and to spend minutes in empty world, waiting for the game to get it's s**t together.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:51 am

Yeah you don't get that luxury to quit the game if you know it is someone you don't want as normally you see who but by then the Quit game option is black and give it a few seconds you have them in your world. Though here to see the players you have to open the mini-dashboard, I never knew the proper name, and then go to your messages, or your friends list and then move to recent players. However you don't get it for failed invasions only the ones that succeed. What I like to do is to keep a red or blue eye orb as a hotkey so when I know a invasion is working it will turn black.

I also hope that the lag and the failed invasions that keep the bonfire out are solved as well. Strangely I don't get how, if any major lag spike difference between the xbox and ps3. I always assume that it revolves around personal internet connection than anything. I also don't understand the issue with Japanese players? I never really faced a lot so I have no real clue what the issue there is other than connection issue but even then I still do not understand.
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:00 am

Sentiel wrote:Well that would explain why most gankers and senders of hatemail have only a handfull of trophies and mostly from Dark Souls only.

On PS3, we have a level system instead of a score, but we can't leave any visitor messages. Only a very short comment (20 letters maybe?), which is usually empty and three selected laguages of the user. Sony idiots still didn't include all languages in this option after so many years of PSN. Two languages I'm fluent in are not listed there, so I only got English. Just a side note rant, ignore it. Hatemail From Modders - Page 2 4203215067

On the other hand, I'm really glad I can block these guys and never see them again. Not really something you see often in games lately.
    also can grief report the only time when i report someone is when some idiot advertises that you supoosively get free money from sony or sending the message to your friends
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:05 am

Sentiel wrote:You can see who's invading, or who you're invading on PS3 as well. I usually open the Options menu, where you have the Quit Game option and simultaneously open Players Met in XMB. As soon as I get the fog, a name of the person I'm going to play with (even failed attempts) is showed there + time of connection.

If it's someone I don't want to play with, I still have time to hit the Quit Game option and leave. I also use this to know when I was actually invaded, because the Quit Game option becomes black once you have another player in the game. It's super useful against Japanese players, who tend to physically appear in my world even after several seconds of actually being there. It saves me from getting attacked by invisible invaders most of the time. And I can use it together to know if the invasion will be successful, or if I just have the fog and will be stuck without bonfire, or PvP for a few minutes. So it's good to just Quit Game right there.

I really hope these, the lag when other players appear and the falied invasions that block your bonfire and PvP, won't be in DkS II as it's quite annoying to be constantly in the menu, on the lookout for invaders and to spend minutes in empty world, waiting for the game to get it's s**t together.
    you mean holding the ps button(cant quit from pressing start) and quiting but its possible to loose some data what i do is sign out
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:06 am

Soris, Japanese players have advantage lag. A good example is when a Japanese player tries to do a simple circle backstab to you and you want to do the typical counter. Well you can't. They land their bs way before you can counter it with yours. It's like they're a half second ahead of you, which gives them several advanatges.

deadblood, it's true that PS3 has only a silly grief report function. It also doesn't concern a player, but his/hers message sent to you. So you can't report a hacker, or cheater unless you get a message from that person and you can only report the message itself, not the person. It's super stupid. On the other hand, I believe that unless you start sending racist messages, you won't get banned no matter what on both systems.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:08 am

You have time to quit the game properly before the invader reaches your world. That wasn't the case in DeS, but it is in DkS.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:11 am

reim0027 wrote:You have time to quit the game properly before the invader reaches your world. That wasn't the case in DeS, but it is in DkS.
    That's what I meant. Thank you reim.
    Sorry I wasn't clear enough.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:16 am

So that is the reason with Japanese players? I see how that can cause an issue for people. You guys have a grief report? Well the xbox has the option to report a player for more things which is useful but the bane for me is the rep system. That thing is so abusive for players who decide to give a negative review of another player for no reason. I have good rep strangely but that is because I don't play CoD or a game where it has that much use. I guess both sides really have their ups and downs. However the Dark Souls community is hands down larger on the PSN than here.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:33 am

Rep system huh? Sounds like a chore. People are gonna abuse it for sure.

PS3 guys tend to bash each other for their level and amount of Trophies. Both seem silly to me.
    To be honest, I'm still waiting for the day when I will be able to delete all my Trophies and completely disable them. All the Trophy/Achievment systems and ranking systems as well, I hate them to the marrow of my bones. Never asked for them, never wanted them, hate them and want them removed.

Just few days a go a person in my Friend List messaged me, congratulating me to getting Platinum in Dragon's Dogma. I know he meant well, but it just pissed me off.

Sony said Trophies will be optional when they started with them. Well they're not. Every game delays it's startup with Trophy instalation, Trophies usually contain story related spoilers, that annoying sound they make when you get one totally kills the atmosphere in some cases (reminds me that it's just a game), you can't view your and others profiles without Trophy sync, which takes up to five minutes in my case and if you cancel it, you're a lot likely to get stuck in endless menu loading. And in games like Split/Second Trophies affect your game, In this particular game, you got a sticker on your car for every Trohpy. I hate car stickers, but I can't remove them. I love this racing game, like no other, but stopped playing it because my car looked stupid. No way to turn these annoyances off. The worst thing for me is the fact that I have 1000+ Trophies and level 15, so most people think I'm a Trophy collector, or a Trophy wh*re, as I'm sometimes called.
    #1 reason for broken controller.

So I'm a lot skeptical when Sony says that all this social horses**t that PS4 is supposed to have will be "optional". If I find out it's not, I'm through with them both and go buy a freaking Nintendo, or stop playing games completely. Wouldn't know what to do with my life then. Reading books could be an interesting alternative...

Sorry for the off topic rant. It's something that needed to go for quite some time.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:45 am

I just call them all "entitlement rights" Because that is really what they all are and I feel that they just ruin it for a game. It gives brag rights to those with them and it is not like someone can call them out as phonies for it. I hated Achievements from the start and still do. Worse example came from this game. Some guy who thinks he has brag rights over me for having *insert hours played on PSN and Xbox* and call me out as a dumb noob player because I did NOT have all achievements here. Also for the record I never will have all achievements on Dark Souls as I find having to play the game over enough to have the Knight honor thing worthless.

I am beginning to think that it is to have all the achievements or highest points that some people play games now. Personally I think Microsoft is going down the path of implanting Narcissism really well now as having achievements means more than skill or fun in a game now. Maybe that why some people hack? To fill the need to be superior to everyone else?

Oh and the rep system is really exploited badly.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:18 am

I've taken the liberty of creating a thread about Trophies and Achievements in the Off Topic section, to avoid further OT, derailing and reim's wrath.
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t22399-trophy-achievement-thread#463937
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:54 pm

EA uses YoloMcSwagmaster Drake to announce FIFA 14.

^BIGGEST BLUNDER^
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:46 pm

Playing with japanese players wouldn't be such a pain if Dks didn't use the server system they use. The way the have it set up was actually intended for better connections but ended up being the opposite. I forget where i saw all this but it's a big explanation. The best way to fix this would be for an optional server setup where you could play with people from the states or everywhere. I'll have to find the page on the topic. Very interesting.

edit: I think it was a video from EpicNameBro.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:02 pm

Playing with japanese players wouldn't be such a pain if Dks didn't use the server system they use. The way the have it set up was actually intended for better connections but ended up being the opposite.

Why does it feel like every game designer lately claims their net code is an "improvement" only to introduce impossibly large latency times in practice? It's utterly pathetic that games made in the past 3-4 years often have worse latency/lag issues than games made 8-10 years ago did.

Also, yes Japanese or any player from across the world who has host advantage will beat you nearly every time given even skill, and vice versa if you're the host.

People who are modding still have their accounts on both xbox and ps3. That is a serious indictment of both Microsoft and Sony. Allowing known cheaters to still use their machines for online play is a complete disgrace.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 pm