The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Share
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:28 pm

    Baseless judgements anger me, yes, but I'm not taking it personally. I really don't care if you have a problem with me or anything I do.

    I'm merely pointing out the glaring flaws in your various points. If you want to have a problem with something, anything, fine, but the least you can do if you're going to post sweeping generalisations on things you have a problem with, is to have solid logic to back up your perspective.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 908
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 22
    Location : Scotland

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Kiva the wanderer on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:29 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:its only60 more ar then cmw

    Youd be suprised how much that can chamge a fight if its a falchion.

    Ive no problem with crystal magic since its available to any int user regardless of covenamt plus less damage. ... unless its a Crystal catalyst then it destroys.
    There's a chart in the video, but its at most 30 more damage per hit. Not a big thing. Thats a pathetic justification for hating dms, especially as there are numerous easy ways to shut down magic damage, the crest shield being the easiest.

    If you have a problem with buffs, fine, but thats not a dm thing, its an everybody thing.

    Its also worth noting that because of the buff they play like idiots and die quickly, i have no problem dealing with the magic but since iv'e bothered you so much im just going to agree with you to disagree.


    _________________
    XBL: Kiva N Chips




    Ill be on PS4 at around Christmas time hopefully so my psn tag is "KivaNChips"




    Multiplayer titles and Souls games
    Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.
    Target games on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny and a next gen souls title?




    games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.




    So many games, so little time (And Money).
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:35 pm

    Thats not because of the buff, thats because they suck. Most of the people I play are wraiths, and most of them use slb or dark bead and proceed to play like idiots.

    I never said you had trouble with it, only pointed out that its hilariously easy to shut down magic damage, thus your "OP" arguement is just as easily shut down. If you have 13 str, or any int/faith there is an option available to render dmb (and cmw and any other magic really) useless


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 908
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 22
    Location : Scotland

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Kiva the wanderer on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:41 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:Baseless judgements anger me, yes, but I'm not taking it personally. I really don't care if you have a problem with me or anything I do.

    I'm merely pointing out the glaring flaws in your various points. If you want to have a problem with something, anything, fine, but the least you can do if you're going to post sweeping generalisations on things you have a problem with, is to have solid logic to back up your perspective.

    Its not like im saying that IRL people that play as DMs are assholes or bad people, i dont have a problem with you because your entitled to your opinion, my observation is based on the majority iv'e seen not that 1/10, ive played DMs that arent douchey before its not like im confined to believing the all have the same mindset but since the DMBs are easier to join the darkwraiths a lot of new players are in the DMBs, new players that don't understand the dark souls isnt a competitive PvP game and have the "MLG" outlook on things, giving the covenant a bad name and the are the majority of that covenant. Have you ever been invaded by a Halo/CoD competitive player? They aint charming people.


    _________________
    XBL: Kiva N Chips




    Ill be on PS4 at around Christmas time hopefully so my psn tag is "KivaNChips"




    Multiplayer titles and Souls games
    Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.
    Target games on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny and a next gen souls title?




    games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.




    So many games, so little time (And Money).
    avatar
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 908
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 22
    Location : Scotland

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Kiva the wanderer on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:45 pm

    On top of that it makes it a pest to get through oolacile in human form, but that becomes like temple run but with DMBs instead of monkeys and you get hilarious results if you aren't taking it seriously.


    _________________
    XBL: Kiva N Chips




    Ill be on PS4 at around Christmas time hopefully so my psn tag is "KivaNChips"




    Multiplayer titles and Souls games
    Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.
    Target games on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny and a next gen souls title?




    games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.




    So many games, so little time (And Money).
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:12 pm

    Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Baseless judgements anger me, yes, but I'm not taking it personally. I really don't care if you have a problem with me or anything I do.

    I'm merely pointing out the glaring flaws in your various points. If you want to have a problem with something, anything, fine, but the least you can do if you're going to post sweeping generalisations on things you have a problem with, is to have solid logic to back up your perspective.

    Its not like im saying that IRL people that play as DMs are assholes or bad people, i dont have a problem with you because your entitled to your opinion, my observation is based on the majority iv'e seen not that 1/10, ive played DMs that arent douchey before its not like im confined to believing the all have the same mindset but since the DMBs are easier to join the darkwraiths a lot of new players are in the DMBs, new players that don't understand the dark souls isnt a competitive PvP game and have the "MLG" outlook on things, giving the covenant a bad name and the are the majority of that covenant. Have you ever been invaded by a Halo/CoD competitive player? They aint charming people.
    The majority of everyone I fight is "douchy" if you define "douchy" as: will do whatever it takes. They should if they want to win, I do, and will end them in a heartbeat if they don't. As I've said, I'm a dm/gl so 95%+ of my fights are against wraiths, most of those being people who have invaded me at least once.

    Further, its not competitive TO YOU. Many people are very competitive. In fact, if people wern't competitive its highly unlikely that many of the more advanced mechanics and tactics would have been discovered, because nobody would care enough about winning to learn them.

    What right have you to go imposing your point of view on a game and judging anyone who doesn't conform to it as "douchy?" Unless they're cheating (eg hacking, save editing,) then they're well within their rights to use whatever they can to win, if thats how they enjoy themselves.

    Incidentally, I am a competitive halo player, and I'm perfectly nice, when people arn't spewing biased jugemental BS at me. (btw another broad, fallacious generalisation) In fact I make a point of being polite and helping anyone who asks by explaining how and why I won, and what can be done about it.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 908
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 22
    Location : Scotland

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Kiva the wanderer on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:16 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Baseless judgements anger me, yes, but I'm not taking it personally. I really don't care if you have a problem with me or anything I do.

    I'm merely pointing out the glaring flaws in your various points. If you want to have a problem with something, anything, fine, but the least you can do if you're going to post sweeping generalisations on things you have a problem with, is to have solid logic to back up your perspective.

    Its not like im saying that IRL people that play as DMs are assholes or bad people, i dont have a problem with you because your entitled to your opinion, my observation is based on the majority iv'e seen not that 1/10, ive played DMs that arent douchey before its not like im confined to believing the all have the same mindset but since the DMBs are easier to join the darkwraiths a lot of new players are in the DMBs, new players that don't understand the dark souls isnt a competitive PvP game and have the "MLG" outlook on things, giving the covenant a bad name and the are the majority of that covenant. Have you ever been invaded by a Halo/CoD competitive player? They aint charming people.
    The majority of everyone I fight is "douchy" and will do whatever it takes. They should if they want to win, I do and will end them in a heartbeat if they don't. As I've said, I'm a dm/gl so 95%+ of my fights are against wraiths, most of those being people who have invaded me at least once.

    Further, its not competitive TO YOU. Many people are very competitive. In fact, if people wern't competitive its highly unlikely that many of the more advanced mechanics and tactics would have been discovered, because nobody would care enough about winning to learn them.

    What right have you to go imposing your point of view on a game and judging anyone who doesn't conform to it as "douchy?" Unless they're cheating (eg hacking, save editing,) then they're well within their rights to use whatever they can to win, if thats how they enjoy themselves.

    Incidentally, I am a competitive halo player, and I'm perfectly nice, when people arn't spewing biased jugemental BS at me. (btw another broad, fallacious generalisation) In fact I make a point of being polite and helping anyone who asks by explaining how and why I won, and what can be done about it.

    I play Halo competitively too but im an ******* so stop saying im generalizing halo players when in the past ive been DDOsd and faced against the sweatiest players XBL has to offer and i would know more than anyone Halo players nowadays are ***( i would know because i am both) and by douchey i mean the sort of guys who spam well what is it and send you messages if they lose.

    Edit: Not that the taunts nor messages bother me but you are making everything i say sound worse than it is.


    _________________
    XBL: Kiva N Chips




    Ill be on PS4 at around Christmas time hopefully so my psn tag is "KivaNChips"




    Multiplayer titles and Souls games
    Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.
    Target games on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny and a next gen souls title?




    games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.




    So many games, so little time (And Money).
    avatar
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 908
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 22
    Location : Scotland

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Kiva the wanderer on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:24 pm

    Pirate i have respect for you and i really didnt want to bring this up but i will incase you doubt me

    http://www.halotracker.com/H4/Kiva%20n%20Chips

    Edit: And no im not trying to bring skill over a completely different game but i only brought that up incase you thought i was lying.


    Last edited by Kiva the wanderer on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    XBL: Kiva N Chips




    Ill be on PS4 at around Christmas time hopefully so my psn tag is "KivaNChips"




    Multiplayer titles and Souls games
    Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.
    Target games on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny and a next gen souls title?




    games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.




    So many games, so little time (And Money).
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:27 pm

    Seriously? Again most everyone I fight does that. People I know to be generally decent people like shadow do that. People do it because they saw "HE'S BACK," people do it to troll, people do it because the genuinely thought what you did was unfair, people do it for any number of reasons and many of them are benign (eg not intended to cause harm). They cannot help how you see something.

    [b][size=9][color=#f2a81d]Kiva the wanderer wrote:[/color][/size][/b]Have you ever been invaded by a Halo/CoD competitive player? They aint charming people.
    That is a generalisation. You did, in fact generalise, applying a concept/opinion/attribute to an entire group of people who don't necessarily posess the mentioned quality is generalising.

    I also fail to see how thats relivant besides as a validation that you play halo competitively, which I had no reason to doubt.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 908
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 22
    Location : Scotland

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Kiva the wanderer on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:31 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:Seriously? Again most everyone I fight does that. People I know to be generally decent people like shadow do that. People do it because they saw "HE'S BACK," people do it to troll, people do it because the genuinely thought what you did was unfair, people do it for any number of reasons and many of them are benign (eg not intended to cause harm). They cannot help how you see something.

    [b][size=9][color=#f2a81d]Kiva the wanderer wrote:[/color][/size][/b]Have you ever been invaded by a Halo/CoD competitive player? They aint charming people.
    That is a generalisation. You did, in fact generalise, applying a concept/opinion/attribute to an entire group of people who don't necessarily posess the mentioned quality is generalising.

    I also fail to see how thats relivant besides as a validation that you play halo competitively, which I had no reason to doubt.

    Im not generalizing the Halo community because iv'e seen it first hand and have been part of it for 2 years, the majority of the competitive side are sweaty douche bags.

    And as i said that doesnt actually bother me.


    _________________
    XBL: Kiva N Chips




    Ill be on PS4 at around Christmas time hopefully so my psn tag is "KivaNChips"




    Multiplayer titles and Souls games
    Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.
    Target games on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny and a next gen souls title?




    games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.




    So many games, so little time (And Money).
    avatar
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 908
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 22
    Location : Scotland

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Kiva the wanderer on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:38 pm

    Ok we`re getting reay off topic but at the end of the day niether our opinions will change the minds of DMs or DWs or the way the game is. Im wrong your right.


    _________________
    XBL: Kiva N Chips




    Ill be on PS4 at around Christmas time hopefully so my psn tag is "KivaNChips"




    Multiplayer titles and Souls games
    Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.
    Target games on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny and a next gen souls title?




    games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.




    So many games, so little time (And Money).
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:48 pm

    Wether or not you're part of it has no bearing on wether or not you're generalising, which you were, and have been this whole thread.

    yes I am. Glad we resolved that.

    Despite my somewhat harsh tone, I will happily explain my philosiphys/reasoning all you'd like in off topic or via pm. It really boils down to "perspective is everything," but I have a more detailed explination.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 908
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-08-22
    Age : 22
    Location : Scotland

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Kiva the wanderer on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:50 pm

    Go ahead


    _________________
    XBL: Kiva N Chips




    Ill be on PS4 at around Christmas time hopefully so my psn tag is "KivaNChips"




    Multiplayer titles and Souls games
    Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.
    Target games on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny and a next gen souls title?




    games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.




    So many games, so little time (And Money).
    avatar
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4317
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2013-05-12
    Age : 20
    Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Encore on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:52 pm

    Please take any discussion about halo to PM or make another thread.

    This is a thread about ***** about Darkmoon Blades.


    _________________
    It is all like the repeating drip of thickening oil...

    Song of Myself

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:58 pm

    I made a couple DMB builds. They are very successful builds. So good that i haven't played with them in about 6 months. It takes the fun out of it when you can kill people with 2-3 hits. Plus everybody knows 90% of the time someone with a DMB buff is most likely gonna spam R1 in an attempt to kill you in 2 hits. Das when dey get parried.




    That's my take on the subject.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Blades of the Darkmoon

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:56 pm