Advice on my current setup

Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Advice on my current setup

Post by Raikan007 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:03 am

excuse my ignorance, does the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring add anything to
    this build of mine? I am melee and pyro? I see alot of you here are
    using it with pyro and have never even considered it?

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=174881984695669019

that
    is my character so far, just gone down to kill Pinwheel quickly to get
    kindling before going to get Sif then off through Sens to Anor Londo
    (I did a lot of soul farming and playing offline, so had no help)

I
    did increase int to 14 to use the Sword by the dragon at the start,
    thinking I wasted a few levels on that as I am actually a good DS player
    but have not played in over a year..

I have not yet died at any
    boss so far yet which is very good going for me so far lol happy thoughts
    and suggestions are most welcome happy

thank you
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Re: Advice on my current setup

Post by Green__Eagle on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:33 am

I just replied to this same question in the SL1 four kings tactics thread.

Equip Crown of Dusk and Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring; you'll increase your pyro damage substantially. You'll get to keep your midroll.

Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:40 am

Green__Eagle wrote:I just replied to this same question in the SL1 four kings tactics thread.

Equip Crown of Dusk and Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring; you'll increase your pyro damage substantially. You'll get to keep your midroll.

so it increases magic damage by up to 26% (does that apply to Pyro though) gives me 50% more casts but halves my health?

I am still on fat roll though bud.. 58%

Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:47 am

or just equip the BGC ring as if I do this I am still under 50% so mid roll

I should invest in this ring me thinks.. especially for the 4 kings!
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:18 am

The Crown of Dusk is headgear, not the ring that halves your health. The Crown of Dusk increases magic and pyro damage.

I was going by what the mungemonkey site said: you were mid-roll.

Why not just try equipping this equipment and see how it performs for you?

LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:58 pm

So your int is up to 14? And I have a few suggestions on this build depending on what you're aiming for. Are you mainly pyro, or mainly melee?

1.) The armor looks like you're going for looks, but I suggest you change some armor around so you can take advantage of all the extra weight you can use before you hit >51% mark. I suggest giant gauntlet's and black iron/Balder shield?

2.) Alternatively, if you want to go to <25% roll, you can easily reach that when you increase your endurance to 40.

3.) I don't think you can buff black knight weapons with resin

Mainly melee quickroll version: http://mmdks.com/2npc

Mainly melee midroll version: http://mmdks.com/2npg

Mainly pyromancy version: http://mmdks.com/2npj

That's as good as I can make it with the few points you wasted in other stats.

Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:34 am

LunarFog wrote:So your int is up to 14? And I have a few suggestions on this build depending on what you're aiming for. Are you mainly pyro, or mainly melee?

1.) The armor looks like you're going for looks, but I suggest you change some armor around so you can take advantage of all the extra weight you can use before you hit >51% mark. I suggest giant gauntlet's and black iron/Balder shield?

2.) Alternatively, if you want to go to <25% roll, you can easily reach that when you increase your endurance to 40.

3.) I don't think you can buff black knight weapons with resin

Mainly melee quickroll version: http://mmdks.com/2npc

Mainly melee midroll version: http://mmdks.com/2npg

Mainly pyromancy version: http://mmdks.com/2npj

That's as good as I can make it with the few points you wasted in other stats.

thank you for taking the time to reply mate happy

I am 50/50 melee and pyro to be honest, mostly melee because of the fact that I only have a few casts for pyro and I am not sure if anyone else can agree that great chaos fire storm rarely hits the intended target? or is that just me?

1) for O&S fight, would it be a good idea to cast Iron Flesh then do Chaos fire storm so I wont get interrupted during casting and hopefully wont take that much damage? would that be a good idea for them?

2) I like the 2nd character, looks are not my top priority to be honest happy I am just about to take on the Iron Golem and head to Anor Londo (so I do not have the Giants armour yet) This is my character now as it is happy

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=354045225312161420

Any thoughts so far on it? what should I concentrate on stat wise so that I can use the weapons/armour coming up?

Should I make the Quelaag Fury sword as I have upgraded a falchion to +10 for this, but it deal like half the damage I am getting now.. I am not one for Achievements/trophies so not fussed about getting that, I am merely referring to my character?

I have a few questions regarding my stat progression and weapons..

1) I really like the Gravelord moveset, but cannot see the poison buildup on any enemy, is this doing 300 poision damage or not? is this a good sword for my build? I have it at +3 already with Demon Titanates

2) I have a +5 Zweihander Fire that does 486 damage at the moment and could help stagger O&S, I also have the +3 Black Knight Sword which is my go to weapon but used it in most of my previous play through's

I am busy upgrading the Great Scythe (its at +8 now) and not sure where to take it? Lightning or standard? Not going to use spells/miracles to imbue weapons on the standard upgrade path as I am not a scorcer nor mage.. so will probably only use the resins?

I have done everything so far before Anor Londo (so that is Sif, Pinwheel, Gaping and all the others) is there anything that I should use now?

Oh and I also bought the Greatsword from Crest Fallen and upgrading that as it scales nicely with my strength and dex at the moment happy is that a good option?
    I also have the Black Knight Halbred, which I have never used but requires high strength and wont use it now..

I would appreciate a sort of bullet point for the best 5 weapons I should be using and armour at this stage of the game and then maybe once I have gotten the Lord Vessel, that would be fantatsic
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:39 am

Every weapon in the game is a strong enough weapon to beat the game. So really you should decide what you like to use and just use that.

Your stats right now would lend themselves well to a quality/buff build later down the road. http://mmdks.com/2oli

Basically you just use Sunlightblade to buff whatever weapon you're holding. with those stats, while 2h you can use most any weapon except the very highest str requirement ones.

Armor really for PvE I use whatever I have that lets me fast roll, otherwise I use specific min maxed sets for pvp.

Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:01 am

so sunlight blade can be used on ANY weapon in the game? also, how do I get this?

I am usually a pyro/melee build and have not really tried much with spells and miracles, using the hornet ring and trying counters etc like that.. would that be a good way to go or keep to my current sort of build?

why not add more to strength? why so much in dex? will that help my in casting?

should I start pouring stats into Faith now then? I am going to start playing online shortly, should I just hopefully get some souls from others after beating them or whatever happens and PVP for a while to get some souls to use?

Never done online DS so not sure how it even works happy but I am quite keen on it

off topic:

what is the percentage of helpful vs gankers playing online?

can I play online now even though I am halfway into the game? does it make a difference?
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:22 am

As long you got 30 faith it can be used and only on base weapons, not on elemental(fire, lightning etc) or magic imbued weapon(divine\magic etc). follow jans build and you can use slb.

you'll only really bump into the gankers if you invade, stay away from the forest and you'll dodge most gankers.

You can play online anytime, although there may be complications with PC. What are you playing on?

PC:AnCapaillMor

XBOX: I'll give you 2 guesses

Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:01 am

AnCapaillMor wrote:As long you got 30 faith it can be used and only on base weapons, not on elemental(fire, lightning etc) or magic imbued weapon(divine\magic etc). follow jans build and you can use slb.

you'll only really bump into the gankers if you invade, stay away from the forest and you'll dodge most gankers.

You can play online anytime, although there may be complications with PC. What are you playing on?

Ps3 bud happy thanks though!

what would be the best weapon for me to get to +15 then? I am keen to try the great scythe, Claymore is probably the most widely used though...
    anything else you would recommend?

Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:28 am

This is what my character looks like at the moment, just go into Painted World after beating Gargoyles etc and beaten Gwyndolin (got the Brass Armour set as well) I have bought Catarina Gauntlets as they looked pretty decent for their weight with good resistances besides Curse (which I do not need them to have as Antiquated set will be used if I enter the depths again)

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=374615334278564080

My BKS is at +3, my Balder Shield is at +5  my Dusk Crown is not upgraded, the Elite Armour is at +9, the Balder Gauntlets +4 and of course, leggings are not upgradeable..  I am happy with mid roll and do not need to flip or roll quickly as I am merely playing PVE at the moment, PVP will come near the end of the month when I get my ADSL installed at home...

Any other weapon I should look at as well? I am not sure if I want to put stats into FAITH to use the Sunlight Buff as I am not a fan of +15 upgrades (I am considering doing this to my +10 claymore at the moment) I also picked up Gargoyle Shield, Helmet and Halbred.. are any of these good or better than what I have now? I am upgrading the Great Scythe as well, currently on +8 but not sure where to take it? I know it scales better with Dex so might go 40 40 but by then I would be finished the first game and on NG+

Is my build worth making the Quelaag Fury sword or should I just use the soul for souls? I am not one for Trophies etc so not bothered..
    I also have Sif soul, Iron Golem, Moonlight Butterfly, I have made the GShieldoA on my previous builds, would this be a good idea again?

Sorry for all the questions, would just like as much help as possible as I am going to be going into the new DLC for the first time very soon and going in blind as I always do on DS J

I will be keeping the RoFAP on for quite some time until my vitality and endurance are up a few more levels. what is a good ring to use as a second for my current build? What ring will add any extra pyro damage over and above my Crown of dusk (I think I have read that rings do not add extra damage when equipped but not sure on that, would like a confirmed answer if possible)

any thoughts on the setup of my build, good/bad comments, hints and tips are most welcome happy

thanks

Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:32 am

anyone?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:01 am