How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Share
    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by Micha369 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:44 am

    Hello folks,

    I have problems with the dragon just before the 1-4 Boss False King.

    Is there an other strategy other than only shooting arrows at his face? It
    is so frustrating boring! I have a dex melee char. Short Composite
    bow+9 and heavy arows and only 20 to 30 dmg for each arrow. I guess I'd need appr. 300
    to 400 arrows! As I said: really boring!
    I know I don't need to kill him but I cannot sleep knowing this hated fellow still lives!
    Also this npc (B...forgot his name) isn't much of a help. I have no magical abilities.

    Thanks for your reply!
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by Dibsville on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:47 am

    Unfortunately, there's no other way but to put a hole in his face with a projectile.

    Luckily, his soul is not needed for a weapon, and it doesn't give very many souls when it's used. Just deal with it until Wannabe Allant is dead.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by Micha369 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:59 am

    Dibsville wrote:Unfortunately, there's no other way but to put a hole in his face with a projectile.

    Luckily, his soul is not needed for a weapon, and it doesn't give very many souls when it's used. Just deal with it until Wannabe Allant is dead.

    Ok, thanks for that info! I will let him in peace then!
    Only problem always is to get behind him on the way to the False King!
    avatar
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 985
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2013-04-22

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by twigsterxd on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:17 am

    If you're hoping to kill him on the bridge, that's not possible. Once he is at 50% hp he flies away.
    I hyper him, use makoto to get your hp down, have clever rats ring equiped. Once your body glows switch to bow and you will kill him faster. When he goes to 2nd position, heal, and get behind him. Go hyper again, kill him, heal once dead. Also, if you make a morion blade, it boosts your attack when hypered.
    To get behind him, run on right side, NOT left. As soon as he starts to flame, run. Make sure your weight burden is under 40%. You need to be light to be fast.


    _________________
    Announcement:
    Support the Dark Souls Wiki:

    Visit http://fextralife.com

    subscribe, have fun, keep the site going
    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by Micha369 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:57 am

    twigsterxd wrote:If you're hoping to kill him on the bridge, that's not possible. Once he is at 50% hp he flies away.
    I hyper him, use makoto to get your hp down, have clever rats ring equiped. Once your body glows switch to bow and you will kill him faster. When he goes to 2nd position, heal, and get behind him. Go hyper again, kill him, heal once dead. Also, if you make a morion blade, it boosts your attack when hypered.
    To get behind him, run on right side, NOT left. As soon as he starts to flame, run. Make sure your weight burden is under 40%. You need to be light to be fast.

    I read a few times about "hyper mode". What does that mean?

    I'm pretty new in DeS so I don't know much about rings either.

    EDIT:
    I se what you mean by using th eclever rats ring - ok! I do more dmg once my hp is lower than 30%!

    What is a makoto to get my health down?

    Thanks in advance!


    Last edited by Micha369 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    My PSN1: Pfirsichhammer
    My PSN2: Pfirsichkneifer
    Looking forward to Dark Souls 2
    And always keep your swords in shape!
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by Dibsville on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:00 am

    Hyper Mode is when your damage is boosted by certain items in game because you are under 20% of your maximum health. Since you get such large boosts, it's donned "hyper mode".

    Clever Cat's Ring and the Morion Blade will give you a HUGE boost to your damage output if you are under 20% of your health. You'll know because it has a very distinct glow.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Lmaousine
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 169
    Reputation : -7
    Join date : 2013-06-03

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by Lmaousine on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:49 am

    Micha369 wrote:
    twigsterxd wrote:If you're hoping to kill him on the bridge, that's not possible. Once he is at 50% hp he flies away.
    I hyper him, use makoto to get your hp down, have clever rats ring equiped. Once your body glows switch to bow and you will kill him faster. When he goes to 2nd position, heal, and get behind him. Go hyper again, kill him, heal once dead. Also, if you make a morion blade, it boosts your attack when hypered.
    To get behind him, run on right side, NOT left. As soon as he starts to flame, run. Make sure your weight burden is under 40%. You need to be light to be fast.

    I read a few times about "hyper mode". What does that mean?

    I'm pretty new in DeS so I don't know much about rings either.

    EDIT:
    I se what you mean by using th eclever rats ring - ok! I do more dmg once my hp is lower than 30%!

    What is a makoto to get my health down?

    Thanks in advance!
    The makoto is a katana can be found in 4-2 after patches kicks you down the hole, if world tendency is pure white, the makoto can be found lying besides a large rock.

    The morion blade can be crafted with any large sword (claymore, bastard sword etc.) +7 along with the storm demons soul.

    The clever rats ring is found in 3-1 on the bridge with the ballista, make sure the ballista is OFF before you attempt to take it.


    _________________
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at the less fortunate.
    PSN: Lmaousine
     MY BUILDS

    Spoiler:

    (SL100) Legend http://mmdks.com/2bd4
    (SL100) Joker http://mmdks.com/31i1
    (SL100) Beezow http://mmdks.com/31i5
    (SL120) Blaxton
    (SL120) Kray Zee
    (SL120) Chief Bighorn
    (SL120) Luigi
    avatar
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 423
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2012-10-11
    Location : The Abyss

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by Walter_White on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:36 pm

    twigsterxd wrote:Make sure your weight burden is under 40%. You need to be light to be fast.

    it's 50%
    http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/stat-endurance
    no 25% fast rolling


    _________________

    PSN: Dark_Sunbro
    Using my Black Eye Orb:
    SC, Old Spice, CW, Old Spice, 2h DBS, bow, roll+R1, R2 while getting up -> job done
    avatar
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 961
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-12-09
    Age : 25

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by Saturday-Saint on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:48 pm

    You can actually get Biorr to shoot it to death IIRC. It takes a while, though. Like, "leave your console on overnight" a while.

    Lmaousine wrote:The morion blade can be crafted with any large sword (claymore, bastard sword etc.) +7 along with the storm demons soul.
    Pretty sure it's any straight sword +8. Short Sword is the cheapest way to make it I believe.


    _________________
    Joking aside.
    avatar
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 960
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2012-05-11
    Location : Sussex

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by robsthedon on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:59 pm

    Micha369 wrote:Hello folks,

    I have problems with the dragon just before the 1-4 Boss False King.

    Is there an other strategy other than only shooting arrows at his face? It
    is so frustrating boring! I have a dex melee char. Short Composite
    bow+9 and heavy arows and only 20 to 30 dmg for each arrow. I guess I'd need appr. 300
    to 400 arrows! As I said: really boring!
    I know I don't need to kill him but I cannot sleep knowing this hated fellow still lives!
    Also this npc (B...forgot his name) isn't much of a help. I have no magical abilities.

    Thanks for your reply!


    Make the bow sticky+5 and use heavy arrows, still takes a few tho but not too bad winking


    _________________
    PSN Robsthedon

    EXILED of ARIAMIS  Join UsBeckon
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by Reaperfan on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:44 am

    Saturday-Saint wrote:You can actually get Biorr to shoot it to death IIRC. It takes a while, though. Like, "leave your console on overnight" a while.

    It involves using the Ring of the Accursed, then rushing past him and standing under him just out of his fire breath range from below. The Dragon will focus you instead of Biorr because of the ring, and Biorr will eventually shoot it to death with his crossbow.

    And one other thing I can say that hasn't been mentioned yet is Kunai. After rescuing the merchant in World 4, you can buy Kunai from him. It takes about 30 Kunai, but you can actually poison the dragon by throwing those at him. The poison won't kill him, but it will add alot of damage (about 1/3 of the dragon's HP I think) and make the arrow-shooting take alot less time.


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 961
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-12-09
    Age : 25

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by Saturday-Saint on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:22 am

    If you have double hypermode and a strong bow, it only takes ~10 shots to kill the dragon I think. Or maybe that was if you were using Soul Spear...


    _________________
    Joking aside.
    avatar
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 985
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2013-04-22

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by twigsterxd on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:51 am

    Saturday-Saint wrote:You can actually get Biorr to shoot it to death IIRC. It takes a while, though. Like, "leave your console on overnight" a while.

    Lmaousine wrote:The morion blade can be crafted with any large sword (claymore, bastard sword etc.) +7 along with the storm demons soul.
    Pretty sure it's any straight sword +8. Short Sword is the cheapest way to make it I believe.
    It is short sword because I always make one and get the sword from baldwin.
    @Walter_White, 50% is is cap for burden, DO NOT put weight burden at 50%. Also, I never said anything bout fast rolling, I said you have to be fast which means the lighter the better.
    avatar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1206
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-08-07

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by Seignar on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:49 am

    The dragon isn't worth your time unless you want all the loot he guards. To effectively kill him, you must enter "Hyper Mode", whose sacred power can only be obtained by locating the 2 key artifacts located 1 each in world 3 and 4. Next, you must take a form of range combat as that flying lizard has no intent of melee.

    Really, he is more of a environmental hazard than an enemy, there really is no point. I would be all "YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE!", but that wouldn't be accurate considering you do get something at least. Also, the kill isn't really satisfying . Just kill the boss, your hate for him and shall be even greater...

    avatar
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 961
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-12-09
    Age : 25

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by Saturday-Saint on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:27 pm

    Personally I always kill the dragon if I haven't killed Biorr. Just so the boss stage isn't constantly shaking.


    _________________
    Joking aside.
    avatar
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Location : Germany

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by Micha369 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:27 am

    Reaperfan wrote:

    It involves using the Ring of the Accursed, then rushing past him and standing under him just out of his fire breath range from below. The Dragon will focus you instead of Biorr because of the ring, and Biorr will eventually shoot it to death with his crossbow.

    This sounds really nice! I'll try this next time I'm there and Biorr isn't already dead.

    Sponsored content

    Re: How to kill the dragon in 1-4 before False King with dex melee?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:52 pm