Hornet Ring.

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: Hornet Ring.

Post by Forum Pirate on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:18 pm

Ohko parries. Thats why.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Because I'm an assassin and screw you if you don' like it, a Hornet ring equivalent will be in Dark Souls 2 also

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:52 pm

HR is completely fair game IMO. Take the Rapier. It does crap damage. With a HR, a BS is roughly the same as a GC without a HR. I consider it a buff that sacrifices a ring slot.

Now, take Str weapons. A HR BS will hurt beyond belief, but that extra ring slot being lost really hurts. They will likely be slower, and therefore easier to roll BS or evade. They will essentially only be able to poise stab you, and you should be able to counterstab them (since it is obvious). If you don't know how to do that, you should learn. It can be devastating to people who only know how to BS.

That leaves parries. Well, if you get parried, one of 2 things happened. You opponent is good, or you are predictable or fell into a parry bait. Either way, you deserve the damage.

TL;DR: BS are predictable and counterable. HR sacrifices a valuable ring slot (and therefore has disadvantages). Therefore, IMO, HR is not overpowered.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:01 pm

reim0027 wrote:HR is completely fair game IMO. Take the Rapier. It does crap damage. With a HR, a BS is roughly the same as a GC without a HR. I consider it a buff that sacrifices a ring slot.

Now, take Str weapons. A HR BS will hurt beyond belief, but that extra ring slot being lost really hurts. They will likely be slower, and therefore easier to roll BS or evade. They will essentially only be able to poise stab you, and you should be able to counterstab them (since it is obvious). If you don't know how to do that, you should learn. It can be devastating to people who only know how to BS.

That leaves parries. Well, if you get parried, one of 2 things happened. You opponent is good, or you are predictable or fell into a parry bait. Either way, you deserve the damage.

TL;DR: BS are predictable and counterable. HR sacrifices a valuable ring slot (and therefore has disadvantages). Therefore, IMO, HR is not overpowered.

That is three things >_> But still, you are correct. If I had an open ring slot on my tank classes the first thing I'd put on there is Hornet ring. I have backstabbed so many people with my tanks it is ridiculous, not simply because of my poise but because they leave themselves open and don't expect a full giants with a greatshield and greataxe to run fast and not sit and turtle. And when it comes to parries, as you said they need to sacrifice a ring slot, so they might have less health then usual and that parry leaves them open for damage.

The Heretic was here twisted Mwa haha
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:59 am

Could also just cast PW and save the ring slot for something else you want, does about the same dmg on criticals winking

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:06 am

DarkW17 wrote:Could also just cast PW and save the ring slot for something else you want, does about the same dmg on criticals winking

Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:32 am

SirArchmage wrote:
    DarkW17 wrote:Could also just cast PW and save the ring slot for something else you want, does about the same dmg on criticals winking
    +1 sir.

Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:49 am

Mage, Your way of interacting with the general community is awesome.

Song of Myself
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:18 pm

SirArchmage wrote:

Lol then you might get called a try hard silly

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:28 pm

DarkW17 wrote:
    SirArchmage wrote:

Lol then you might get called a try hard silly

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:06 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Could also just cast PW and save the ring slot for something else you want, does about the same dmg on criticals
    and then you could also take 1 shot from some prick with a bow who then just refuses to engage untill pw kills you.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:11 pm

Yup, has its tradeoffs. PW is fairly easy to beat. Just run or turtle or both. So, the PW fighter has a distinct disadvantage when using it. Sounds like a fair trade to me, even with a HR (which doesn't do jack if your opponent keeps his distance).

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:01 pm