Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

DayZ (A noob's adventure)

KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

DayZ (A noob's adventure) Empty DayZ (A noob's adventure)

Post by KrazykevS10 Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:59 pm

So I just got my gaming computer back yesterday,it actually works now.Updated my ArmA 2 today and got on some DayZ.
    Life as a bambi is hard,the first zombie I saw hit me and made me bleed half of my blood while I was trying to run away and figure out how to equip an axe I found.I managed to get down the coast to Cherno,not bad for a noob with no map,get through it alive and find a revolver.I then headed further down the coast to Elektro,only to find two dead players sticking out of walls at the firestation and hospital and no bloody loot or zombies.I logged out just outside town and am now going to server jump in the hopes that I can get some loot and run before I am shot.Also,I stopped at what I think is Balota Airfield(I've never played ArmA 2 before today) and couldn't find a damn thing there either.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

DayZ (A noob's adventure) Empty Re: DayZ (A noob's adventure)

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:16 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:So I just got my gaming computer back yesterday,it actually works now.Updated my ArmA 2 today and got on some DayZ.
    Life as a bambi is hard,the first zombie I saw hit me and made me bleed half of my blood while I was trying to run away and figure out how to equip an axe I found.I managed to get down the coast to Cherno,not bad for a noob with no map,get through it alive and find a revolver.I then headed further down the coast to Elektro,only to find two dead players sticking out of walls at the firestation and hospital and no bloody loot or zombies.I logged out just outside town and am now going to server jump in the hopes that I can get some loot and run before I am shot.Also,I stopped at what I think is Balota Airfield(I've never played ArmA 2 before today) and couldn't find a damn thing there either.

-Nearly died after fighting first zombie
    -Can't equip hatchet

Casul?
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:25 pm

I DID equip the hatchet.I picked it up while being chased,my first ever weapon in my first ever go of that mod.Considering the average player life is one hour and I beat that on my first try,you can go suck a lollipop. DayZ (A noob's adventure) 3790738041
    I'm trying to stick to low population servers so I can learn the controls and loot spawns without having some wannabe bandit sniping me on the coast.Those people are the gankers of DayZ.Back to Chernarus then,I hope I don't die today.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:28 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:I DID equip the hatchet.I picked it up while being chased,my first ever weapon in my first ever go of that mod.Considering the average player life is one hour and I beat that on my first try,you can go suck a lollipop. DayZ (A noob's adventure) 3790738041
    I'm trying to stick to low population servers so I can learn the controls and loot spawns without having some wannabe bandit sniping me on the coast.Those people are the gankers of DayZ.Back to Chernarus then,I hope I don't die today.

Crouch you son of a blee blob!
    Also really, go to Elektro and Cherno in low populated servers...THE LOOT THERE IS AMAZING!
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:34 pm

I do crouch and crawl.The zed heard me take a step inside the building and came rushing in.Yes,he ran in which was stupid and not supposed to happen which is how he hit me,first hit and only hit bled me.And if you had read my post,I've been through both cities.I'm having trouble getting on servers as it stops three quarters of the way to joining.I'm trying to get my hands on a rifle and then moving inland where I'll have some shooting practice on the edge of a small town.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:36 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:I do crouch and crawl.The zed heard me take a step inside the building and came rushing in.Yes,he ran in which was stupid and not supposed to happen which is how he hit me,first hit and only hit bled me.And if you had read my post,I've been through both cities.I'm having trouble getting on servers as it stops three quarters of the way to joining.I'm trying to get my hands on a rifle and then moving inland where I'll have some shooting practice on the edge of a small town.

I suggest you get either an AK or a sniper rifle, you'll need that.
    I also think you shouldn't forget about food or water, don't forget k?
    Also if you have time do you want to play DayZ a bit? Say tomorrow or something? I could show you some moves. wave
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Only if you don't troll or bandit me.I found two buses crashed into the church and a guy with an AK74 killing zombies.I ran into the church with the intent of killing him but he wasn't there.He ran in the door after a few seconds and despite me having a revolver pointed at him,sat down and started looting.I didn't have the heart to shoot the poor guy in the back(he literally had his back to me)so I left the church and logged out.He was either nice,a noob who didn't know about the kill on sight people or a hacker(Two buses?) so in the first two cases I didn't want to push him towards the dark side and in the third,I'd be screwed if I shot him.
    I'm not a fan of the idiot so called "bandits" of the game.It takes a lot more cojones to sneak up on someone and hold them up rather than ambushing and shooting them in the back.I don't intend to become one of those pu**ies,I'd much rather kill them while they try to snipe and drink their delicious tears.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:01 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:Only if you don't troll or bandit me.I found two buses crashed into the church and a guy with an AK74 killing zombies.I ran into the church with the intent of killing him but he wasn't there.He ran in the door after a few seconds and despite me having a revolver pointed at him,sat down and started looting.I didn't have the heart to shoot the poor guy in the back(he literally had his back to me)so I left the church and logged out.He was either nice,a noob who didn't know about the kill on sight people or a hacker(Two buses?) so in the first two cases I didn't want to push him towards the dark side and in the third,I'd be screwed if I shot him.
    I'm not a fan of the idiot so called "bandits" of the game.It takes a lot more cojones to sneak up on someone and hold them up rather than ambushing and shooting them in the back.I don't intend to become one of those pu**ies,I'd much rather kill them while they try to snipe and drink their delicious tears.

Dude
    First thing in DayZ: Kill or be killed, only not kill if you don't want to waste ammo or think that it's not worth it.
    Also get used to kill people to survive, sometimes you'll run low on food or water and will try to kill a newbie...
    Also bandits and heroes have some differences...
    1. If you are a Bandit you run slower and have invisible backpacks
    2. If you are a Hero you run faster and have a bulletproof vest good for small handguns
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:14 pm

I know all of these things,I screwed up in getting the drop on the guy.When he saw me,he neither ran for cover nor started firing,I couldn't get a shot on him at that point so I didn't fire.He came in and ignored me,I didn't need his AK,I wanted a semi automatic or bold action rifle instead.Why kill him? I have food and water and a compass as well as two weapons.There is a different between survival and a**holery,I was at a clear disadvantage and he didn't exploit it,he simply offered me his back.I'm glad that was my first player encounter,I expected a bandit but I found a normal person instead.
    Don't get me wrong,I will have plenty of kills in a week or so but shooting one in a cowardly way is not my style.My first kill will either be from a firefight or because I found someone who has gear he didn't take from the fire station down the street.An AK isn't that good.
    EDIT: I have an update,I finally managed to get a rifle,I found a dinner bell in the church but I lost a fair bit of blood as there were a lot of zombies when I logged in.I was a bit reckless as I didn't have much to lose but now I'm out of Elektro now and going to go hunting to get some blood back so I can head inland.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:15 am

I made it all over Chernarus,finally going to the NW airfield after a visit to the castle where I saw a silhouette jump off of the roof which made me crap myself and run like hell after checking the two Mi-17s there.Anywho,went to the airfield,traded my CZ550 for an M14 and went to the hangers where I was knocked out in one punch from having low blood.I was eaten by a single cop zombie( I fought the law and the law won) and died after 8 hours playing on my first ever character.
    I think I did pretty well for a bambi,I'm not even mad that I died.I had a good run and my days were numbered.Now that my first life as a bambi is gone,it's time to go balls to the wall and mess up some zeds.To Cherno! DayZ (A noob's adventure) 180937120
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Is it worth the Arma purchase? I've actually been trying to decide whether it's worth it to me over the course of the last 2 or so months. I've heard great things and god awful things. I came really close to just doing it today, but then I saw that they're making it as a stand alone and it made me think twice, but then also saw that it was being talked about last year as a stand alone too. I'm having trouble making up my mind on this one. I play a few different versions of Project Zomboid pretty regularly, so I both love these games and can deal with problems associated with games that are in the process of being developed/polished. PZ was only like $9 though. The prospect of dropping $30 on something that may not work at all is part of what's prompting my indecisiveness.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:10 am

If your PC can run ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead,I'd say get it.There are a lot more mods and stuff on top of an already great game.Bohemia make good milsim games and this isn't any different.
    I was just playing on a Takistan life server yesterday,it's basically an RPG server where they have a lot of scripts and stuff to make a basic economy.(You can get a job,be a cop,criminal terrorist and buy your own car)

And DayZ is awesome.Even on a server with no people or very few,you always feel like someone could be watching you through a scope,the urge to be sneaky and check every corner.The zombies may be stupid by my God are they dangerous.One hit has a chance to make you start bleeding,losing a lot of health rather quickly unless you bandage yourself and once you have lost so much blood,they can knock you out and eat you in while case you are boned.Finding decent loot is a lot more exciting than other games,you can never take it for granted as you may lose it all at any moment.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:43 pm

And Arma 2 isn't bad either? I'm pretty much sold so far. Can you build yourself fortresses? Or like any kind of shelter? That's probably my favorite part of games like these. I had a fort in PZ once that had plank bridges between like 6 buildings. So much fun to do.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Not in DayZ(Vanilla,there are a LOT of variants where you can build a small house),I was just having a look at Wasteland(No zombies,just a deserted country with military gear everywhere) and people had sandbag bunkers and machinegun nests all over.To eleborate about DayZ,there are a lot of side mods like Breaking Point and DayZ Origins which add their own things to the game,I've watched some Youtube Videos and one of them lets you build a house to leave your gear in.It takes a while and is tough but probably worth it if you are on a private server.There are a lot of mods for ArmA 2,check them out and you will not be bored for a long time.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Yeah I think you've sold me. Just have to make sure my PC can handle it now. I have fairly decent, if not aging, specs. If anythings going to hold me back I think it'd be my processor.

Oh and what would you think the best way to do this is? Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead? Or is there a more efficient way to buy?
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:40 pm

I got the ArmA anniversary pack which has 1 & 2 as well as OFP with the addons.I think there is a pack that has ArmA 2 and Arrowhead but I'm not sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:05 am