Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Halicarnassis
Kiva the wanderer
Encore
Lmaousine
8 posters

The best weapons to use in pvp?

Lmaousine
    Lmaousine
    Addicted
    Addicted

The best weapons to use in pvp? - Page 2 Empty Re: The best weapons to use in pvp?

Post by Lmaousine Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:08 pm

SirArchmage wrote:Whether or not you get parried depends on your predictability, as people that are good don't spam the parry button enough for them to be kicked.

Also, you cannot use how difficult it is as a factor. Plenty of things that are harder to get are used much more often in PvP. Ever farmed for 80 ears in the Darkmoon covenant?
    It's easy to farm ears from harpies, but very boring.
    And what is harder to get that is used for PvP?
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The best weapons to use in pvp? - Page 2 Empty Re: The best weapons to use in pvp?

Post by SirArchmage Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Lmaousine wrote:
    SirArchmage wrote:Whether or not you get parried depends on your predictability, as people that are good don't spam the parry button enough for them to be kicked.

Also, you cannot use how difficult it is as a factor. Plenty of things that are harder to get are used much more often in PvP. Ever farmed for 80 ears in the Darkmoon covenant?
    Evelyn, Pursuers, two black flames and two dark beads, fully upgraded maiden or knight set, +5 chaos weapons, +3 DMB, +3 Dragon form, Life hunt scythe, Red eye orb at low level, Chaos Tempest, Black knight armor. The list is long.
    Lmaousine
    Lmaousine
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Lmaousine Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:43 pm

SirArchmage wrote:
    Lmaousine wrote:

Evelyn, Pursuers, two black flames and two dark beads, fully upgraded maiden or knight set, +5 chaos weapons, +3 DMB, +3 Dragon form, Life hunt scythe, Red eye orb at low level, Chaos Tempest, Black knight armor. The list is long.
    The only hard one that I agree with is the red eye orb at low level, four kings are a pain, everything else just requires farming/phantoms/carefulness
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:47 pm

Kirk isn't particularly threatening by himself, even near that ledge (in fact it's generally trivial to block him once, then kick him off it).

Only with the witch is he really a problem, but she has no poise and is easy enough to kill quickly, alternatively you can open the shortcut, kill her hollow, then revive if this is really too difficult lol.

I consider getting AoT much less tedius than farming for any upgrade material of relevance, or heck even farming enough souls for ascended pyro +5. On my last run I killed the witch with a crossbow before kirk even made it to me, then just parried him like every other time.

Anyway, estoc fishing is a game of paper/rock/scissors between backstab attempts of different varieties, parrying, and just pokes from behind the shield (and if they parry at the wrong time themselves...backstabbed!). I like the idea of force tick-stabs on such a trolly build too, definitely worth the couple stat points as it's just another wrinkle. I don't actually have such a build, though I've cheesed a bit with hornet rapiers in different settings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 pm