Problems regarding pyromancy upgrade

thecoonQc

Problems regarding pyromancy upgrade

Post by thecoonQc on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:44 pm

I have a question regarding pyromancy upgrade. I would like to upgrade it to +15, and buy new spells. However I've hit Enguyi by accident and had to kill him because he wouldn't stop being hostile, also Laurentis attacked at the bottom of Blighttown; he appeared to be hollow...

I'm only at +4 and I've read that Quelana appears only when your flame is +10 or higher... Am I screwed?
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Re: Problems regarding pyromancy upgrade

Post by Encore on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:46 pm

You probably are, unless someone else drops one for you.

I am sorry bro.

Song of Myself

thecoonQc

Post by thecoonQc on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Seriously... messing up the story by hitting an NPC frustrates me...

And the only guy I could buy from attacks me, don't know what the hell that is. I'm officially not a pyromancer aymore thanks to this douche
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:55 pm

Yeah you are screwed. I would say that you can get the old witch ring if you get the sunlight maggot and trade it to snuggly back in the asylum so you can have Quelagg's spider sister as a trainer but you killed Enguyi so I doubt she would still let you.

thecoonQc

Post by thecoonQc on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Thanks... needed that for some tough a******* who I've heard are prone to fire damage (Four kings)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:07 pm

Sometimes Quelana appears for me without having any sort of an upgraded pyro flame. Just throwin' it out there.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:10 pm

Quelana's appearance is a weird case. By that I mean erratic and impossible to tell how she appears. She might appear later.

Post by tooots on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:17 pm

well the only sure way to quelana to apair is the pyro+10, but sometimes she apears when you dont have the pyro +10.

Well now only on NG+

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:03 am

thecoonQc wrote:I have a question regarding pyromancy upgrade. I would like to upgrade it to +15, and buy new spells. However I've hit Enguyi by accident and had to kill him because he wouldn't stop being hostile, also Laurentis attacked at the bottom of Blighttown; he appeared to be hollow...

I'm only at +4 and I've read that Quelana appears only when your flame is +10 or higher... Am I screwed?

You know you can settle the anger of npcs by buying an indulgence from Oswald of Carim?

On the quelana side, i have a toon that uses no sorceries at all, so no upgrades for the flame. I met Quelana down there.

P.S.: Just dont tell Laurentius about the chaos pyros, and you're fine - and he's too. Firelink is such a nice place to hang around.

participations:
    Member of the Paths of the Dragon's Cabal - Join our PC-Chapter, fellow dragonlings!
    Member of the Clergy at Sunlight Coalition

Follow me and DarkwraithBlondie on YouTube as we beat up NG+!

Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:19 am

Quelana might still show up, her appearance is rather random. You should at least go look for her if you've beaten Quelaag, that tends to make her appear. Taking the shortcut from the Valley of the Drakes is another one that works fairly well.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:06 am

Wait, how did you manage to get Laurentius to Blighttown? The only way I know of to do that is by showing him a pyromancy obtained in Blighttown (possibly even only the ones bought from Quelana).

Quelana is a really odd case. So far I've done 2 playthroughs in which I did the exact same thing, but in 1 of them she showed up, in the other she did not. What I did was go to Blighttown, drop my WSS and help kill Quelaag. After helping kill Quelaag she was there the first time, but not the second. In neither playthrough did I have a pyro flame at all, nor did I save Laurentius.

Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:17 am

I guess he got a chaos pyromancy from the cov?

participations:
    Member of the Paths of the Dragon's Cabal - Join our PC-Chapter, fellow dragonlings!
    Member of the Clergy at Sunlight Coalition

Follow me and DarkwraithBlondie on YouTube as we beat up NG+!

thecoonQc

Post by thecoonQc on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:16 am

Oh yeah I'm a chaos servant +2 member, and Laurentius asked me a question of which I replied yes. He never showed up in Firelink Shrine after. When I came back to Blighttown later in the game to go to Ash Lake he was there, but attacked me. Had to kill.

Guess I'm just going to make regular visits to be sure. The shortcut to Valley of Drakes makes her appear, not the warp to Daughter of Chaos or what?
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:10 pm

thecoonQc wrote:I have a question regarding pyromancy upgrade. I would like to upgrade it to +15, and buy new spells. However I've hit Enguyi by accident and had to kill him because he wouldn't stop being hostile, also Laurentis attacked at the bottom of Blighttown; he appeared to be hollow...

I've seen Quelana appear w/o having +10 on the Pglove. I'd just run down through blight town and do the spider witch before giving up.

Also never had that Enguyi. Offer me a second Pglove. Blight town has no rhyme or reason.

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:14 pm

thecoonQc wrote:Oh yeah I'm a chaos servant +2 member, and Laurentius asked me a question of which I replied yes. He never showed up in Firelink Shrine after. When I came back to Blighttown later in the game to go to Ash Lake he was there, but attacked me. Had to kill.

Guess I'm just going to make regular visits to be sure. The shortcut to Valley of Drakes makes her appear, not the warp to Daughter of Chaos or what?

I've always taken the shortcut through the Valley of Drakes, every since my 1st toon ( who took the way through the depths. Arghhhhh)
    Pretty sure Quelana has shown up for most of my other toons and only 2 or 3. Are pyros.

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:55 pm

If you ever hit a NPC, you can reset their hostility by talking to the guy right after the Gargoyles before the first bell (Oswald). It costs you 1/2 your level * 1000 souls, so it's not cheap.

thecoonQc

Post by thecoonQc on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Too late for that mate, they're dead.

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Yeah I know, just telling him for next time.

I know if you're hosting you can find Queelana if you summon someone with a upgraded pyromancy glove; maybe the reverse is true? Try putting your white summon stone down to kill Quelaag. If you see the shadow of queelana in their world, see if she appears in yours.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:31 pm