Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Brokewilly
Yukon
reim0027
bloodpixel
hkanonhk
9 posters

what kind of build pummeld me

hkanonhk

what kind of build pummeld me Empty what kind of build pummeld me

Post by hkanonhk Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Hey guys,

I got pretty bad pummeled today. I'm grey knight build (SL120)and do quite well in my pvp. But today I fought 5- 6 times against a guy and had 0 chance through melee fight. Once he hits me I'm loosing. Not via a big hit, but a lot of successive hits (15-20) without break. I can't roll/jump back, nothing.

Tried once to get him with wrath of the gods before he hits me and then try to kill, but my attack 2 handed claymore +15 with either darkmoon or sunlight blade made just a scratch and he was at me with his successive hits...

Visible Armor was just some pants and the "sack".

Anybody has an idea what kid of build and how to riposte? Was thinking about karmic justice miracle but couldn't get him for another fight.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

what kind of build pummeld me Empty Re: what kind of build pummeld me

Post by bloodpixel Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:18 pm

Hacker, or serious lag.
    hkanonhk

Post by hkanonhk Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:20 pm

hack possible on xbox?
    And was no lag. 100% all other fights that day went normal.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:22 pm

Yes. I met one of those guys too. And the other opponent can lag, not you.
    hkanonhk

Post by hkanonhk Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:25 pm

hm, i'm tempted to report. but somehow i still hope he is just an ueberfighter i have to fight with other tactics... but his friendly answer of my question what he is came back as "super *** build" so definitely not a nice gut anyway
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:37 pm

Hack on the 360 is very doable. There are people running around with unlimited health (especially in the forest). The best thing to do is try to knock them off a cliff.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:30 pm

I have been curious about this on the PS3, starting a new character using the murakumo and I was helping out around parish when a guy came in wearing pretty.. unimpressive armor I think it was orn's, but not the usual giants and havels.

I back stabbed him 3 times for about 29 damage each time.. that's counting the two hits the murakumo does on back stabs, it was 3 damage then 26 damage on the second swing. What gives? I don't think his armour would protect him THAT well would it?

This has happened to me so much in the burg with axes with estocs, I can't seem to bust 100 damage a BS on any given invader. Is this some glitch or is it actual math? All these weapons were +0 or +2 at most.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:27 pm

hkanonhk wrote:Hey guys,

I got pretty bad pummeled today. I'm grey knight build (SL120)and do quite well in my pvp. But today I fought 5- 6 times against a guy and had 0 chance through melee fight. Once he hits me I'm loosing. Not via a big hit, but a lot of successive hits (15-20) without break. I can't roll/jump back, nothing.

Tried once to get him with wrath of the gods before he hits me and then try to kill, but my attack 2 handed claymore +15 with either darkmoon or sunlight blade made just a scratch and he was at me with his successive hits...

Anybody has an idea what kid of build and how to riposte? Was thinking about karmic justice miracle but couldn't get him for another fight.

Yeah - you must have encountered your first mod toon. Some are invulnerable, some have infinite health, crazy high stats, etc ad infinitum. I fought two in one day when invading the forest. Could not damage one (infinite health) and the other mod toon had crazy high INT (almosted OHK me with a soul spear) but I was able to kill this one though with 4-5 hits from SLB-coated greatsword class weapon.I got no souls for the mod toon I killed - so you probably are kinda lucky since if you could have killed him (after a hard fought battle) you may not have received anything for your hard work.

Mod toons have not become and overwhelming problem yet but if they proliferate it will definitely ruin the PVP experience.

Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:31 pm

Brokewilly wrote:

Yeah - you must have encountered your first mod toon. Some are invulnerable, some have infinite health, crazy high stats, etc ad infinitum. I fought two in one day when invading the forest. Could not damage one (infinite health) and the other mod toon had crazy high INT (almosted OHK me with a soul spear) but I was able to kill this one though with 4-5 hits from SLB-coated greatsword class weapon.I got no souls for the mod toon I killed - so you probably are kinda lucky since if you could have killed him (after a hard fought battle) you may not have received anything for your hard work.

Mod toons have not become and overwhelming problem yet but if they proliferate it will definitely ruin the PVP experience.

Actually a soul spear can almost OHKO, that wasn't a "mod toon".
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:57 pm

Gol wrote:
    Brokewilly wrote:

Actually a soul spear can almost OHKO, that wasn't a "mod toon".

Yeah - i'm sure a soul spear could if used by a high INT toon OHK me - its just the fact that I received no souls for killing the dude is what leads me to believe (and agreed to by others) it was mod toon since it probably had SL0.

Has anyone killed a host as an invader and received zero souls for the kill? When this happens (if other characteristics are not obvious such as infinite health) I lean towards it being a mod toon.

Everything above is simply my theory on mods and how to spot them.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:44 am

Yukon wrote:I have been curious about this on the PS3, starting a new character using the murakumo and I was helping out around parish when a guy came in wearing pretty.. unimpressive armor I think it was orn's, but not the usual giants and havels.

I back stabbed him 3 times for about 29 damage each time.. that's counting the two hits the murakumo does on back stabs, it was 3 damage then 26 damage on the second swing. What gives? I don't think his armour would protect him THAT well would it?

This has happened to me so much in the burg with axes with estocs, I can't seem to bust 100 damage a BS on any given invader. Is this some glitch or is it actual math? All these weapons were +0 or +2 at most.

It's probably not a mod. You have low level gear w/ low stats against high defensive gear that's probably maxed out to +5.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:57 pm

No armor I know of would be so good that youd only get 9 BS dmg (unless you use a sword hilt or barehands).
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:23 pm

eneq wrote:No armor I know of would be so good that youd only get 9 BS dmg (unless you use a sword hilt or barehands).

That would highly depend on the weapon and what armor it's going against.

Base axe w/ critical vs orsteins set =

200 damage vs 170 defense
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:37 pm

True, I missed that he wrote that none of the weapons he used was upgraded past +2.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:00 am

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it could be possible but on the other hand I was scratching my head since I am no number cruncher and never really understood how the resistences stack up in the armour vs the attack power of a weapon.

That's just nuts though, even without a mod there is just no way to beat them short of throwing them from a cliff if you are a true beginner. I never would have thought the game was that one-sided on equipment.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:24 am

Yukon wrote:Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it could be possible but on the other hand I was scratching my head since I am no number cruncher and never really understood how the resistences stack up in the armour vs the attack power of a weapon.

That's just nuts though, even without a mod there is just no way to beat them short of throwing them from a cliff if you are a true beginner. I never would have thought the game was that one-sided on equipment.

Just highlights how game breaking the BB glitch is and how pathetic it is to grief new players using the glitch.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:13 pm

The glitch isn't game breaking, the way some players use it is.
    Know the difference.

And sometimes they don't use the glitch, they just beat the game at low-sl.
    Yeah it's cheap, but... I don't really care about them, they'll get bored.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Gol wrote:The glitch isn't game breaking, the way some players use it is.
    Know the difference.

I disagree. The only possible acceptable use for it is if you've beaten the game numerous times w/ numerous characters and want new SL120 builds in a shorter amount of time. All other uses are game breaking. Griefing, co-opping and one shotting bosses, 'anti-griefing' via the blue stone, gifting entire sets of every armor and weapon to players who have never picked up a souls game, 99 divine blessings, every boss soul... those are game breaking. Based on the fact that at SL120 all I see are cookie cutter builds and at lower levels I get invaded constantly by people in end game gear I can make the assumption that most people use the glitch for game breaking tactics, and not to make interesting SL120 builds.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Least you didnt run into a guy that lagstabbed, fought a guy yesterday who attacked me as I spawned trying to bs and he 2hko me with bs, despite both times me being the one directly behind him in a position to bs both times sad
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:04 pm

aceluby wrote:
    Gol wrote:The glitch isn't game breaking, the way some players use it is.
    Know the difference.

I disagree. The only possible acceptable use for it is if you've beaten the game numerous times w/ numerous characters and want new SL120 builds in a shorter amount of time. All other uses are game breaking. Griefing, co-opping and one shotting bosses, 'anti-griefing' via the blue stone, gifting entire sets of every armor and weapon to players who have never picked up a souls game, 99 divine blessings, every boss soul... those are game breaking. Based on the fact that at SL120 all I see are cookie cutter builds and at lower levels I get invaded constantly by people in end game gear I can make the assumption that most people use the glitch for game breaking tactics, and not to make interesting SL120 builds.
    I think you are both saying the same thing. This glitch makes it easier to troll and beat this game. It is how people use it. It is awesome for SL 120 PvP. Especially if you have a complete mule.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:57 am