Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
ICEFANG
swordiris
roanispe
Saturday-Saint
Animaaal
Forum Pirate
Latitoast
Bleeding_Katana
Kiva the wanderer
Jansports
Myztyrio
Dibsville
twigsterxd
CarverUpqik
Carphil
Demon Slayer
SadPanda
Elifia
Lmaousine
23 posters

The worst weapons to use in pvp?

Mellekilla19
    Mellekilla19
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The worst weapons to use in pvp? - Page 4 Empty Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

Post by Mellekilla19 Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:22 pm

Dibsville wrote:Have you ever done a quality build?
    Nope.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

The worst weapons to use in pvp? - Page 4 Empty Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

Post by Dibsville Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Mellekilla19 wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:Have you ever done a quality build?
    Nope.
    Make one, you won't be limited to half of the weapons. All those weapons that have C/C scaling? Yeah, they'll do a ton of damage.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:12 pm

@ Dibs. The Uchi has the best Katana move set. Awesome thrust > lame slash
    Also if the target can Bleed the Bandit Knife out performs the Dagger, because adding those chunks of bleed really adds up. (Testing done on NG+ Asylum demon 16/40/30 DMB)

Other than that I don't have much else to add to this thread. Composite bow is a monster, Hand axe is secretly the third best STR weapon, and the PGS is a Gigaballer and has like 43 girlfriends in 28 cities
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Wait!?!?! What soul level are we talking about?

Because at soul level 11<--most common pvp level, my dagger and short sword and oolacile cat are tearing people up with 9 str and 11 dex and 16 int.

JUST SAYIN MAN....just saying......just saying....yaaaaaa...

Word. not talking cool
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Seriously? 11? I may have to try a couple ... things.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:04 am

Jansports wrote:@ Dibs. The Uchi has the best Katana move set. Awesome thrust > lame slash
    Also if the target can Bleed the Bandit Knife out performs the Dagger, because adding those chunks of bleed really adds up. (Testing done on NG+ Asylum demon 16/40/30 DMB)

^ This, I would love to hear... (read?) and explanation on why you (Dibs) believe the Iaito's moveset to be better than the Uchi.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:06 am

Dusk Soul wrote:
    Jansports wrote:@ Dibs. The Uchi has the best Katana move set. Awesome thrust > lame slash

^ This, I would love to hear... (read?) and explanation on why you (Dibs) believe the Iaito's moveset to be better than the Uchi.
    Because the Iaito's R2 is extremely fast and has insane recovery so it can be used for baits. On top of that, it's a horizontal attack and as such can dead-angle, something other Katanas lack. It also covers huge distance on the R2.

That dumb stab can just be strafed, the slash will at least hit someone unless they roll.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:08 am

When you put it like that it does sounds more useful; but IME I've found the poke much more useful, though I don't use katanas often Shrug
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:43 am

All Katanas can dead angle with the rolling attack. But I will concede that it is easier to dead angle with the Iiato's 2hr2 than it is to with the roll attack.

But the Uchi poke is surprisingly long, it's basically the BSS R2 that everyone loves just a tad slower.

Really though this is a (mostly) pointless conversation as both the Uchi and Iiato have great move sets and usable R2s I honestly wish the Iiato had 14/14 requirements like the Uchi so I could use an elemental one more often. (serioussly fromsoft why do you do this to me?)
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:46 am

Actually, from past experiences, the Uchi's R2 actually seems faster than the BSS' R2. Not the full attack itself, but if both stabs start at the same time, the Uchi's is instantly thrust forward whereas the BSS' moves forward more fluently. I've lost a ton of R2 trades against an Uchi while using a BSS.

If Iaito only took 14 DEX, I'd probably never use any other weapon.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:46 am

All four katanas are superb PvP weapons.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:06 pm

I like Iaito better than Uchigatana.

Anybody think of crystal broken straight sword?

Do a long pvp event with that one.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:47 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:I don't dislike the Great Axe. I've not had any bad experiences with it. In fact, I wish it was good, and I don't understand at all why it was nerfed. But for real, it is a pretty terrible weapon.
    This. It was the single biggest dissapointment coming from the terror that was the great axe in demons.

All the damage in the world doesn't mean anything if it can't hit, and between the narrow hit box, really obvious and slow attacks and short reach when compared to other large weapons mean it doesn't hit much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 am