The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Share

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:15 pm

    Saturday-Saint wrote:Honestly Greataxe is IMO the worst weapon class in the game outside of the obviously bad things like bashing people to death with shields and talismans. I would place it lower than claws and whips, even.


    You're on crack bro. I think you just can't use it.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:16 pm

    Bleeding_Katana wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:Honestly Greataxe is IMO the worst weapon class in the game outside of the obviously bad things like bashing people to death with shields and talismans. I would place it lower than claws and whips, even.


    You're on crack bro. I think you just can't use it.
    I'm not going to say this, but I think if you have a bad experience with a weapon you come to hate it.

    (Not implying I had a bad experience with Chaos Blade, it's a great weapon)




    I hate Whips for example....


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 961
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-12-09
    Age : 25

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Saturday-Saint on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:22 pm

    I don't dislike the Great Axe. I've not had any bad experiences with it. In fact, I wish it was good, and I don't understand at all why it was nerfed. But for real, it is a pretty terrible weapon.


    _________________
    Joking aside.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:25 pm

    LOL

    But it's still great, Greatsword got nerfed too, and people still love it....
    Even though it does more damage than Rapiers...


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 961
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-12-09
    Age : 25

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Saturday-Saint on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:29 pm

    Greatsword was really good and got nerfed and it is still good.
    Greataxe was really bad and got nerfed and it is still really bad.


    _________________
    Joking aside.
    avatar
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1612
    Reputation : 86
    Join date : 2012-07-27

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Jansports on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:03 am

    No Nerf is as Egregious to me as the BKGA nerf. First they make it a special weapon that despite being an Ultra class does less poise damage when 2H than a Claymore. And they decided it's R1s (the only usable part of it's moveset) were way too good and despite it's rather large AR it does less damage per hit than many weapons that swing faster, weigh less, and have 150 less AR.

    It's the best looking Axe, the best looking BK weapon, It's perhaps my favorite weapon in the game Aesthetically. And whenever I use it I feel like a derpy tardo who should just get the DGM out of his box.
    avatar
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 746
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-06-29
    Age : 21
    Location : Texas

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by swordiris on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:19 am

    Do fists count?

    I'd say they are worse than broken straight sword.


    _________________


    All hail Prince Amadeous Son of the Goddess Velka
    Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

    Dark souls fencing
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing
    avatar
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 490
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-03-15
    Age : 25

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Elifia on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:19 am

    Demon Slayer wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    Elifia wrote:
    Vamos, mi amor!
    Te quiero puta!


    Still.... no stunlock.

    i talk spanish and you just said

    i love you ***** please stop that leanguage theres no reason to use it

    please stop it

    I'm sorry? It's the lyrics of a song, no need to be offended. Also, you quoted the wrong person.


    _________________
    PSN: Elifia, Elifialt
    I'm back from being gone!
    avatar
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1087
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-07-18

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by ICEFANG on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:20 am

    I will not be adding weapons that do not count, weapons that are naturally bad (fists, broken straight, sword hilt, in my mind, everything else is slightly viable), I will write a list of weapons that are poor, and then do a top 10 normal weapons, and then top 5 (maybe 10 if there is that many) twinkle, dragon, and demon weapons.

    One more note, I consider a weapon to be not terrible, if it has at least something special going for it. Like the Parrying Dagger is not great for parrying, but it still does that weird 2 parry thing. Its not good, but its not terrible. There are weapons I will not write down that I'm sure many people think are bad for that reason.

    Here are weapons that I think are less than less than less than stellar.
    Ghost Blade
    Astora's Straight Sword
    Crystal Straight Sword
    Black Knight Sword
    Crystal Greatsword
    Great Lord Greatsword
    All 3 Artorias Greatswords
    Mail Opener, er I mean breaker
    Hammer of Vamos
    Dragon's Tooth
    Smough's Hammer
    Caestus
    titanite Catch Pole
    Giant's Halberd
    Darkmoon Bow
    Sniper Crossbow

    Ahh there we go, now like I said, there are many less than stellar weapons, these are weapons I consider to be pretty much useless and why are you using them weapons. I find it ironic that many of them are actually in the special upgrade category. I will do them first.
    10: Great Lord Greatsword.
    Maybe its because it doesn't flame, or maybe its because its only NG+ stuff, but this weapon is just lacking. Its just a worse weapon to use. It has low damage, difficult to get,
    and doesn't light on fire. Nothing is great about this greatsword, but nothing is completely terrible either.

    9: Black Knight Sword.
    This weapon is also pretty bad, its completely lacking a useful R2 and otherwise has nothing to offer over a good old Claymore.

    8:Astora's Straight Sword.
    This weapon is clearly designed for early pickup and reward. Although, like another disliked weapon, it scales nicely with 3 stats, the split and low limited AR make it just weak. I placed it higher up because its moveset is good, its hardly impossible to kill someone with it, just a long time to do so.

    7: titanite Catch Pole.
    I placed this at seven because of the exact same reasons for the Astora's Straight Sword, however, it shares its jump R2 with its R2, and both are really slow and really bad, it's normal R1 and damage I would consider slightly superior, but its complete lack of R2 really is lacking, Halberd class weapons usually have powerful and effective R2s.

    6: Crystal Swords.
    Both the Crystal Greatsword and Crystal Straight Sword are heavier and cannot be upgraded, as well as unrepairable. They are both useable, but pretty lacking, and have nothing special to offer.

    5: Ghost Blade.
    This weapon has nothing desirable to it. No great attacks, low range, very low power, hard to get, but it least it works, its just nearly useless in its abilities.

    4: Darkmoon Bow.
    This weapon is completely useless to a Divine Short Bow, or other similar weapons. There is never a reason to use it whatsoever, however, even though the Black Bow and Longbow are, overall, better weapons, they are also lacking heavily in common duels. Because the Darkmoon Bow works, although completely worse than a Short Bow, it gets higher up.

    3: Smough's Hammer.
    Most Hammer weapons are a little poor in my opinion, the laughably high STR requirement, extreme weight, and poor moveset makes this weapon very useless. Its does have the extra ability to gain health back, but that looks much more promising on the faster weapons that can do that, this slow weapon is going to get you hurt much more than healed.

    2: Giant's Halberd.
    This fails for the reasons above, very high weight, very high stats, low scaling. It actually is nearly 100% worse than another Halberd class weapon except for its terrible useless (although different) R2. Never use this weapon almost ever.

    1: Vamos Hammer.
    This weapon may be easy to use compared to the 2 above, but its AR is so so so bad, its pretty well at 300 Physical, since the fire is going to do no damage almost ever. Its a terrible moveset and stupid heavy. Never use this weapon.

    0 (I freaking made room): True Greatsword of Artorias.
    MAYBE I'M BIASED Cause I love wolves and I was so happy to get a wolf greatsword, but unlike the other bad weapons, this one takes the cake in my mind. It has high requirements together, weighs a high amount, has a terrible terrible worthless R2, it has high damage, at max stats, that usually still lose to other weapons because its split. Seriously if it did not do split damage, and FAI and INT scaled with that damage, then it would be a unique and good weapon for a few character. I love you Artorias, but I can see why you got destroyed with a weapon like this.

    Normal weapons are less than 10, so I'll just do them all.

    Mail Opener.
    I mean I call it that, there is just no reason in my mind to use it. It is just so much worse than the Rapier for only 1 weight more. The Rapier is amazing, make room, don't use this terrible alternative.

    Caestus.
    It has terrible range, and attacks fast, but I'd stick with a better Dagger. Is there a real reason to use this? I don't like to be kissing people to hurt them.

    Sniper Crossbow.
    Sniper, no scope? Seriously, highest range, terrible time to fire, but doesn't have a working scope? If it did, and could actually zoom in more, than it would be maybe slightly useful as some strange sniper rifle wannabe. Stick to the Pharis Bow, or a good bow.

    I'm surprised that I named so many unique and so few normal. I guess most normal can be slightly useful, at least Chaos weapons, but the special ones, they either rock or sock.


    _________________
    DRAGONBRO4LIFE

    See my youtube channel, with Dark Souls Prepare to Die (spoilers):
    www.youtube.com/user/RavenWolfStarcraft2
    See my livestream to watch me do it live (spoilers):
    http://www.twitch.tv/ravenwolfstarcraft2

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Animaaal on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:36 am

    roanispe wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:Worst weapon in pvp????...

    ...Cracked Round Shield.

    I'd choose that if it weren't for Skull Latern.........

    You can't be serious. surprised

    The skull lantern has the "intimidation factor" everyone keeps talking about. AND its the only weapon that's shiny. big grin

    Seriously though...the Lucerne? You can get a Leo bonus from the horizontal sweeping attack that dead angles pretty good. It's slow, but good for a patient player.

    Also, the Chaos Blade and the Great Axe? I think Saint was right. What Saint meant to say was, "This thread should be changed to: What Weapons kinda suk but don't, but could use some lovin. :x "

    @ICEFANG

    *mail opener lol!
    avatar
    Mellekilla19
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 428
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2013-05-25
    Age : 23
    Location : Gekkoukan

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Mellekilla19 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:51 am

    I'd have to go with.

    1. Fists(Without the Dragon Torso)
    2. Broken Straight Sword.
    3. Straight Sword Hilt.
    4. Dark Hand.
    5. Caestus


    _________________
    So boring... Can someone make this more fun?
    avatar
    Mellekilla19
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 428
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2013-05-25
    Age : 23
    Location : Gekkoukan

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Mellekilla19 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:19 am

    If you want serious answers I'll give 3 from each Category of which I deem bad.

    Axes-
    1. Hand Axe.
    2. Golem Axe(Which may be good for the requirements just to use it are pretty heavy)
    3. Crescent Axe.

    Bows-
    1. Long Bow
    2. Short Bow
    3. Composite Bow (It's good but compared to the Darkmoon bow and Pharis it's useless)

    Crossbows-
    1. Light Crossbow.
    2. Sniper Crossbow.
    3. Heavy Crossbow.

    Curved Greatsword-
    Server(Only one this time since there's only 3 and the other 2 are FAR better)

    Curved Swords-
    1. Falchion.
    2. Scimitar.
    3. Painting Guardian Sword.(Good but outclassed by the others)

    Daggers-
    1. Ghost Blade.
    2. Dagger.
    3. Parrying Dagger.(Only good if you know how to parry every weapon and how to get past the lagg barrier)

    Fists-
    1. Dark Hand.
    2. Fist.
    3. Caestus.

    Greataxes-
    1. Greataxe.
    2. Stone Greataxe.
    3. Demon's Greataxe.(again good but outclassed by the others)

    Greatbow(Skipping since both are equal to me)

    Great Hammers-
    1. Grant.
    2. Dragon Tooth.
    3. Great Club.

    Greatswords-
    1. Great Lord Greatsword.
    2. Bastard Sword.
    3. Crystal Greatsword.

    Halberds-
    1. titanite Catch Pole.
    2. Scythe.
    3. Halberd.

    Hammers-
    1. Blacksmith Hammer.
    2. Hammer of Zamos.
    3. Warpick.

    Katanas-
    1. Chaos Blade.
    2. Iaito.

    Spears-
    1. Channalers Trident.
    2. Four-Pronged Plow.
    3. Spear.

    Straight Swords-
    1. Broken Straight Sword.
    2. Straight Sword Hilt.
    3. Astora's Straight Sword.

    Thrusting Weapons-
    1. Mail Breaker.
    2. Rapier.
    3. Estoc.

    Ultra Greatswords-
    1. Greatsword.
    2. Zweihander.
    3. Demon's Great Machete.

    Whip-
    Whip.


    _________________
    So boring... Can someone make this more fun?
    avatar
    Maplepop
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 77
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2013-03-12
    Age : 32
    Location : Northampton, UK

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Maplepop on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:06 am

    @ Mellekilla
    Great Club/Iaito/Halberd/Estoc/DGM/Composite Bow/Painting Guardian Sword bad for PvP?!
    I understand that this argument is totally subjective, but I disagree.
    I love all of those weapons... I'd happily take any of those into a duel providing I was using the right build to get the best out of them.


    _________________
    DEAD
    avatar
    Mellekilla19
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 428
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2013-05-25
    Age : 23
    Location : Gekkoukan

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Mellekilla19 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:54 am

    Maplepop wrote:@ Mellekilla
    Great Club/Iaito/Halberd/Estoc/DGM/Composite Bow/Painting Guardian Sword bad for PvP?!
    I understand that this argument is totally subjective, but I disagree.
    I love all of those weapons... I'd happily take any of those into a duel providing I was using the right build to get the best out of them.

    They're good but compared to others in their catagories their worse off, like I said I was doing 3 from each of the types if I could so ofcourse some AMAZING weapons were going to be put in there.


    _________________
    So boring... Can someone make this more fun?
    avatar
    Lmaousine
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 169
    Reputation : -7
    Join date : 2013-06-03

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Lmaousine on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:47 am

    Another weapon I think is bad for PVP is the Guardian Tail, not because it sucks or anything but because it looks disgusting.


    _________________
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at the less fortunate.
    PSN: Lmaousine
     MY BUILDS

    Spoiler:

    (SL100) Legend http://mmdks.com/2bd4
    (SL100) Joker http://mmdks.com/31i1
    (SL100) Beezow http://mmdks.com/31i5
    (SL120) Blaxton
    (SL120) Kray Zee
    (SL120) Chief Bighorn
    (SL120) Luigi
    avatar
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2012-11-05
    Age : 34
    Location : 1337 Accuracy Way

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by TheMeInTeam on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:51 am

    Short bow can be great; it's not THAT much weaker than alternatives but very importantly it weighs .5 and has low requirements. Because of that, it's a great tool to poison people at range (it shoots faster than longbow or pharis) or finish off a runner. Pharis is weaker than the longbow and shoots slower than short/composite. Shortbow and composite bow are the two best bows lol, probably followed by darkmoon with its magic chip. Pharis has range for good PvE hawk shenanigans though.

    Estoc is one of the highest critical weapons in the game and has lower stat requirements than the likes of priscilla's, velkas, and ricardos, all of which are very stat or buff dependent.

    Halberd is a very powerful weapon in general and in some respects beats out the other weapons in its class.
    avatar
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1087
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-07-18

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by ICEFANG on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:58 pm

    Mellekilla19 wrote:If you want serious answers I'll give 3 from each Category of which I deem bad.

    Axes-
    1. Hand Axe.
    2. Golem Axe(Which may be good for the requirements just to use it are pretty heavy)
    3. Crescent Axe.

    Bows-
    1. Long Bow
    2. Short Bow
    3. Composite Bow (It's good but compared to the Darkmoon bow and Pharis it's useless)

    Crossbows-
    1. Light Crossbow.
    2. Sniper Crossbow.
    3. Heavy Crossbow.

    Curved Greatsword-
    Server(Only one this time since there's only 3 and the other 2 are FAR better)

    Curved Swords-
    1. Falchion.
    2. Scimitar.
    3. Painting Guardian Sword.(Good but outclassed by the others)

    Daggers-
    1. Ghost Blade.
    2. Dagger.
    3. Parrying Dagger.(Only good if you know how to parry every weapon and how to get past the lagg barrier)

    Fists-
    1. Dark Hand.
    2. Fist.
    3. Caestus.

    Greataxes-
    1. Greataxe.
    2. Stone Greataxe.
    3. Demon's Greataxe.(again good but outclassed by the others)

    Greatbow(Skipping since both are equal to me)

    Great Hammers-
    1. Grant.
    2. Dragon Tooth.
    3. Great Club.

    Greatswords-
    1. Great Lord Greatsword.
    2. Bastard Sword.
    3. Crystal Greatsword.

    Halberds-
    1. titanite Catch Pole.
    2. Scythe.
    3. Halberd.

    Hammers-
    1. Blacksmith Hammer.
    2. Hammer of Zamos.
    3. Warpick.

    Katanas-
    1. Chaos Blade.
    2. Iaito.

    Spears-
    1. Channalers Trident.
    2. Four-Pronged Plow.
    3. Spear.

    Straight Swords-
    1. Broken Straight Sword.
    2. Straight Sword Hilt.
    3. Astora's Straight Sword.

    Thrusting Weapons-
    1. Mail Breaker.
    2. Rapier.
    3. Estoc.

    Ultra Greatswords-
    1. Greatsword.
    2. Zweihander.
    3. Demon's Great Machete.

    Whip-
    Whip.

    I know this is opinion based, but no one could possibly think that the Composite Bow is the worst, when overall its the best, same with Rapier. Both are amazing weapons, but at the very least, its easy to say which bows are the best in a completely number based way.

    If what you want is range, (which to be fair is not what is good in PvP), then you want the Black Bow if your stats are pretty well in the 10-40/45/50 range, it has the most range by a lot.

    If you have higher stats, more than 10 STR, and a lot of DEX, your most damaging bow will be the Longbow, with its slower draw its not good up close, but it does out damage the Pharis Bow pretty easily. Better for long range, but not laughable long range use.

    If you want the best PvP bow, as in shoot on enemy missing bow, and not for sniping, the Composite Bow is similar to the Longbow to the Pharis, as in, its C C scaling just beats the E/D-S scaling of the Short Bow, by a bit. Its easily the best close range.

    If you want an alternative, that is slightly lighter, has better range, which can matter at times, and free-aims significantly better, for slightly less AR, use the Short Bow.

    If your stats are terribly low, as in, if you have too much DEX, (16, higher than all other Bows, except Pharis), and can't make 11 STR, and you are limited to 21 FAI or less, use the Darkmoon Bow. If your FAI is higher than 21, then you need to use a Divine or Occult Composite Bow. Although unlikely, this also applies to Magic weapons (Divine and Magic are usually better for Bows, unlike most weapons who prefer Enchanted or Occult), at 21 INT, you will out damage the Darkmoon Bow.

    TheMeInTeam wrote:Short bow can be great; it's not THAT much weaker
    than alternatives but very importantly it weighs .5 and has low
    requirements. Because of that, it's a great tool to poison people at
    range (it shoots faster than longbow or pharis) or finish off a runner.
    Pharis is weaker than the longbow and shoots slower than
    short/composite. Shortbow and composite bow are the two best bows lol,
    probably followed by darkmoon with its magic chip. Pharis has range for
    good PvE hawk shenanigans though.

    Estoc is one of the highest
    critical weapons in the game and has lower stat requirements than the
    likes of priscilla's, velkas, and ricardos, all of which are very stat
    or buff dependent.

    Halberd is a very powerful weapon in general and in some respects beats out the other weapons in its class.

    Completely true, people forget that about the Short.


    _________________
    DRAGONBRO4LIFE

    See my youtube channel, with Dark Souls Prepare to Die (spoilers):
    www.youtube.com/user/RavenWolfStarcraft2
    See my livestream to watch me do it live (spoilers):
    http://www.twitch.tv/ravenwolfstarcraft2

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Animaaal on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:18 pm

    Mellekilla19 wrote:If you want serious answers I'll give 3 from each Category of which I deem bad.

    Axes-
    1. Hand Axe.
    2. Golem Axe(Which may be good for the requirements just to use it are pretty heavy)
    3. Crescent Axe.

    Bows-
    1. Long Bow
    2. Short Bow
    3. Composite Bow (It's good but compared to the Darkmoon bow and Pharis it's useless)

    Crossbows-
    1. Light Crossbow.
    2. Sniper Crossbow.
    3. Heavy Crossbow.

    Curved Greatsword-
    Server(Only one this time since there's only 3 and the other 2 are FAR better)

    Curved Swords-
    1. Falchion.
    2. Scimitar.
    3. Painting Guardian Sword.(Good but outclassed by the others)

    Daggers-
    1. Ghost Blade.
    2. Dagger.
    3. Parrying Dagger.(Only good if you know how to parry every weapon and how to get past the lagg barrier)

    Fists-
    1. Dark Hand.
    2. Fist.
    3. Caestus.

    Greataxes-
    1. Greataxe.
    2. Stone Greataxe.
    3. Demon's Greataxe.(again good but outclassed by the others)

    Greatbow(Skipping since both are equal to me)

    Great Hammers-
    1. Grant.
    2. Dragon Tooth.
    3. Great Club.

    Greatswords-
    1. Great Lord Greatsword.
    2. Bastard Sword.
    3. Crystal Greatsword.

    Halberds-
    1. titanite Catch Pole.
    2. Scythe.
    3. Halberd.

    Hammers-
    1. Blacksmith Hammer.
    2. Hammer of Zamos.
    3. Warpick.

    Katanas-
    1. Chaos Blade.
    2. Iaito.

    Spears-
    1. Channalers Trident.
    2. Four-Pronged Plow.
    3. Spear.

    Straight Swords-
    1. Broken Straight Sword.
    2. Straight Sword Hilt.
    3. Astora's Straight Sword.

    Thrusting Weapons-
    1. Mail Breaker.
    2. Rapier.
    3. Estoc.

    Ultra Greatswords-
    1. Greatsword.
    2. Zweihander.
    3. Demon's Great Machete.

    Whip-
    Whip.

    Fixed it sorta. With all due respect Melle, this list is, uh....well....uh.... surprised

    It's all about opinions right?
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Dibsville on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:21 pm

    Mellekilla19 wrote:If you want serious answers I'll give 3 from each Category of which I deem bad.

    Axes-
    1. Hand Axe.
    2. Golem Axe(Which may be good for the requirements just to use it are pretty heavy)
    3. Crescent Axe.

    Bows-
    1. Long Bow
    2. Short Bow
    3. Composite Bow (It's good but compared to the Darkmoon bow and Pharis it's useless)


    Crossbows-
    1. Light Crossbow.
    2. Sniper Crossbow.
    3. Heavy Crossbow.

    Curved Greatsword-
    Server(Only one this time since there's only 3 and the other 2 are FAR better)

    Curved Swords-
    1. Falchion.
    2. Scimitar.
    3. Painting Guardian Sword.(Good but outclassed by the others)

    Daggers-
    1. Ghost Blade.
    2. Dagger.
    3. Parrying Dagger.(Only good if you know how to parry every weapon and how to get past the lagg barrier)

    Fists-
    1. Dark Hand.
    2. Fist.
    3. Caestus.

    Greataxes-
    1. Greataxe.
    2. Stone Greataxe.
    3. Demon's Greataxe.(again good but outclassed by the others)

    Greatbow(Skipping since both are equal to me)

    Great Hammers-
    1. Grant.
    2. Dragon Tooth.
    3. Great Club.


    Greatswords-
    1. Great Lord Greatsword.
    2. Bastard Sword.

    3. Crystal Greatsword.

    Halberds-
    1. titanite Catch Pole.
    2. Scythe.
    3. Halberd.


    Hammers-
    1. Blacksmith Hammer.
    2. Hammer of Zamos.
    3. Warpick.

    Katanas-
    1. Chaos Blade.
    2. Iaito.

    Spears-
    1. Channalers Trident.
    2. Four-Pronged Plow.
    3. Spear.

    Straight Swords-
    1. Broken Straight Sword.
    2. Straight Sword Hilt.
    3. Astora's Straight Sword.

    Thrusting Weapons-
    1. Mail Breaker.
    2. Rapier.
    3. Estoc.


    Ultra Greatswords-
    1. Greatsword.
    2. Zweihander.
    3. Demon's Great Machete.

    Whip-
    Whip.



    Fixed.

    By the way, Demon's Greataxe is the strongest weapon in the game, how is it outclassed?


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Mellekilla19
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 428
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2013-05-25
    Age : 23
    Location : Gekkoukan

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Mellekilla19 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:39 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:If you want serious answers I'll give 3 from each Category of which I deem bad.

    Axes-
    1. Hand Axe.
    2. Golem Axe(Which may be good for the requirements just to use it are pretty heavy)
    3. Crescent Axe.

    Bows-
    1. Long Bow
    2. Short Bow
    3. Composite Bow (It's good but compared to the Darkmoon bow and Pharis it's useless)


    Crossbows-
    1. Light Crossbow.
    2. Sniper Crossbow.
    3. Heavy Crossbow.

    Curved Greatsword-
    Server(Only one this time since there's only 3 and the other 2 are FAR better)

    Curved Swords-
    1. Falchion.
    2. Scimitar.
    3. Painting Guardian Sword.(Good but outclassed by the others)

    Daggers-
    1. Ghost Blade.
    2. Dagger.
    3. Parrying Dagger.(Only good if you know how to parry every weapon and how to get past the lagg barrier)

    Fists-
    1. Dark Hand.
    2. Fist.
    3. Caestus.

    Greataxes-
    1. Greataxe.
    2. Stone Greataxe.
    3. Demon's Greataxe.(again good but outclassed by the others)

    Greatbow(Skipping since both are equal to me)

    Great Hammers-
    1. Grant.
    2. Dragon Tooth.
    3. Great Club.


    Greatswords-
    1. Great Lord Greatsword.
    2. Bastard Sword.

    3. Crystal Greatsword.

    Halberds-
    1. titanite Catch Pole.
    2. Scythe.
    3. Halberd.


    Hammers-
    1. Blacksmith Hammer.
    2. Hammer of Zamos.
    3. Warpick.

    Katanas-
    1. Chaos Blade.
    2. Iaito.

    Spears-
    1. Channalers Trident.
    2. Four-Pronged Plow.
    3. Spear.

    Straight Swords-
    1. Broken Straight Sword.
    2. Straight Sword Hilt.
    3. Astora's Straight Sword.

    Thrusting Weapons-
    1. Mail Breaker.
    2. Rapier.
    3. Estoc.


    Ultra Greatswords-
    1. Greatsword.
    2. Zweihander.
    3. Demon's Great Machete.

    Whip-
    Whip.



    Fixed.

    By the way, Demon's Greataxe is the strongest weapon in the game, how is it outclassed?

    Most of the weapons are there not because they're bad but comparing them to others in the class they're in they either have a low power output or are slow as hell or have stupidly high requirements to use. Iaito is there because compared to the Uchi and the Washing Pole it's just... weaker to do the same exact thing an Uchi can.
    Lets go in order though, The Hand Axe is there because well, comparing it to the Battle Axe it's just... weaker and let's not compare it to anything stronger in that category. Golem Axe is there because it's requirements to use is stupidly high.
    The Composite Bow and Short bow are there since well, The Darkmoon for me was the strongest bow in there(and yes I've tested it) along with Pharis's having the longest range allowing for a few pot shots to those who invade to bait someone into a Mob fight etc.
    I never use Crossbows but the few times I did Avelyn felt like it was the best of the lot.
    The Server is there since comparing it to the Murakumo or the Gravelord it just felt that it was weaker.
    The Scimitar and Falchion are there for the base fact compared to the others.... they don't really do anything, good for low levels and light too but when comparing it to things like Shotel, Quelaags, Jagged Ghost, Gold Tracer they just don't stand up, along with the Paintings, sure it may be fast but again comparing it to others it's just weaker to do the same thing that the jagged and the Gold Tracer can do.
    The Dagger is there since it just doesn't stand up against Priscillas or the bandit knife. DST is stronger than it too.
    The Great axe is there Because comparing it to the Black Knight greataxe, and the Dragon King one it's just really weak. Demon's Greataxe is there because again for me it just didn't handle well in a fight. I felt more better off with the BKGA and the DKGA.
    I don't remember why I put the dragon tooth down, I probably meant Demon's Great hammer.
    Great Club is there since comparing it to the Large club it's just well... Great club does nothing while the Large poisons.
    Great Lord Greatsword is there since it's probably the greatsword I least used for whatever reason, call it well.. not using it.
    The Bastard Sword is there Since comparing it to the others much like every other time I've said it, there's normally something which out class's it.
    The Scythe is there because well.. as much as I love it it's just for me hard to use in PVP along with the small fact there are the other scythes I'd rather use even though I wont deny that they're hard as hell to hit with. Halberd is there because for me, BKH and the Gargoyle one were again a little more useful.
    Warpick? I meant the Pickaxe, that was my bad.
    I've already explained my reasons behind the Iaito.
    The Channalers Trident is there because well... The INT requirement. While it's good for mages I don't think it'd be worth while for any other build It's probably nice for Ganking(Didn't think of that at the time I added it haha)
    I also meant the Winged Spear for the other one.
    all the Thrusting ones were there for is because well.. I just prefer Richards and Velka's Rapiers.
    Lastly The Zweihander is there and while I absolutely adore it the BLGS is better I'd have put the DGS in it's place for it's high requirements but who am I kidding the DGS is fun as hell to run with.


    _________________
    So boring... Can someone make this more fun?
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Dibsville on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:00 pm

    Mellekilla19 wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:If you want serious answers I'll give 3 from each Category of which I deem bad.

    Axes-
    1. Hand Axe.
    2. Golem Axe(Which may be good for the requirements just to use it are pretty heavy)
    3. Crescent Axe.

    Bows-
    1. Long Bow
    2. Short Bow
    3. Composite Bow (It's good but compared to the Darkmoon bow and Pharis it's useless)


    Crossbows-
    1. Light Crossbow.
    2. Sniper Crossbow.
    3. Heavy Crossbow.

    Curved Greatsword-
    Server(Only one this time since there's only 3 and the other 2 are FAR better)

    Curved Swords-
    1. Falchion.
    2. Scimitar.
    3. Painting Guardian Sword.(Good but outclassed by the others)

    Daggers-
    1. Ghost Blade.
    2. Dagger.
    3. Parrying Dagger.(Only good if you know how to parry every weapon and how to get past the lagg barrier)

    Fists-
    1. Dark Hand.
    2. Fist.
    3. Caestus.

    Greataxes-
    1. Greataxe.
    2. Stone Greataxe.
    3. Demon's Greataxe.(again good but outclassed by the others)

    Greatbow(Skipping since both are equal to me)

    Great Hammers-
    1. Grant.
    2. Dragon Tooth.
    3. Great Club.


    Greatswords-
    1. Great Lord Greatsword.
    2. Bastard Sword.

    3. Crystal Greatsword.

    Halberds-
    1. titanite Catch Pole.
    2. Scythe.
    3. Halberd.


    Hammers-
    1. Blacksmith Hammer.
    2. Hammer of Zamos.
    3. Warpick.

    Katanas-
    1. Chaos Blade.
    2. Iaito.

    Spears-
    1. Channalers Trident.
    2. Four-Pronged Plow.
    3. Spear.

    Straight Swords-
    1. Broken Straight Sword.
    2. Straight Sword Hilt.
    3. Astora's Straight Sword.

    Thrusting Weapons-
    1. Mail Breaker.
    2. Rapier.
    3. Estoc.


    Ultra Greatswords-
    1. Greatsword.
    2. Zweihander.
    3. Demon's Great Machete.

    Whip-
    Whip.



    Fixed.

    By the way, Demon's Greataxe is the strongest weapon in the game, how is it outclassed?

    Most of the weapons are there not because they're bad but comparing them to others in the class they're in they either have a low power output or are slow as hell or have stupidly high requirements to use. Iaito is there because compared to the Uchi and the Washing Pole it's just... weaker to do the same exact thing an Uchi can.
    Lets go in order though, The Hand Axe is there because well, comparing it to the Battle Axe it's just... weaker and let's not compare it to anything stronger in that category. Golem Axe is there because it's requirements to use is stupidly high.
    The Composite Bow and Short bow are there since well, The Darkmoon for me was the strongest bow in there(and yes I've tested it) along with Pharis's having the longest range allowing for a few pot shots to those who invade to bait someone into a Mob fight etc.
    I never use Crossbows but the few times I did Avelyn felt like it was the best of the lot.
    The Server is there since comparing it to the Murakumo or the Gravelord it just felt that it was weaker.
    The Scimitar and Falchion are there for the base fact compared to the others.... they don't really do anything, good for low levels and light too but when comparing it to things like Shotel, Quelaags, Jagged Ghost, Gold Tracer they just don't stand up, along with the Paintings, sure it may be fast but again comparing it to others it's just weaker to do the same thing that the jagged and the Gold Tracer can do.
    The Dagger is there since it just doesn't stand up against Priscillas or the bandit knife. DST is stronger than it too.
    The Great axe is there Because comparing it to the Black Knight greataxe, and the Dragon King one it's just really weak. Demon's Greataxe is there because again for me it just didn't handle well in a fight. I felt more better off with the BKGA and the DKGA.
    I don't remember why I put the dragon tooth down, I probably meant Demon's Great hammer.
    Great Club is there since comparing it to the Large club it's just well... Great club does nothing while the Large poisons.
    Great Lord Greatsword is there since it's probably the greatsword I least used for whatever reason, call it well.. not using it.
    The Bastard Sword is there Since comparing it to the others much like every other time I've said it, there's normally something which out class's it.
    The Scythe is there because well.. as much as I love it it's just for me hard to use in PVP along with the small fact there are the other scythes I'd rather use even though I wont deny that they're hard as hell to hit with. Halberd is there because for me, BKH and the Gargoyle one were again a little more useful.
    Warpick? I meant the Pickaxe, that was my bad.
    I've already explained my reasons behind the Iaito.
    The Channalers Trident is there because well... The INT requirement. While it's good for mages I don't think it'd be worth while for any other build It's probably nice for Ganking(Didn't think of that at the time I added it haha)
    I also meant the Winged Spear for the other one.
    all the Thrusting ones were there for is because well.. I just prefer Richards and Velka's Rapiers.
    Lastly The Zweihander is there and while I absolutely adore it the BLGS is better I'd have put the DGS in it's place for it's high requirements but who am I kidding the DGS is fun as hell to run with.


    You're comparing all these things for damage.

    Moveset is what matters. Iaito has the best moveset of all the Katanas, yet only sacrifices 10 damage. Hand Axe is the straight sword of Strength weapons (even the same damage). It's also the only axe that doesn't whiff on the R1, which is fast and can easily do 300 damage per hit on a strength build. May not seem like a lot, but the speed on it is insane. The Short Bow and Composite Bow are easily the best two Bows, as they have faster attack speeds and have MUCH higher damage than the Darkmoon Bow (split damage is crap compared to the Composite Bow, which is literally made for f*cking stuff up with damage). Greataxe is stronger than all of the others that you listed besides Demon's Greataxe, which just so happens to be the strongest weapon in the entire game.
    I agree the Golem Axe is rather useless, but the fact is it has a long ranged attack and has same stunlock as a Greatsword except it's harder to get out of. Avelyn is terrible because it fires three weaker shots, so if you only get one hit in you're missing out on a ton of damage you could have gotten from using any other Crossbow. Server is MUCH better than Gravelord because of both moveset and it does more damage. Scimitar and Falchion are both great weapons due to their speed. Painting Guardian Sword is easily the best of any of the Curved Swords. You're really going to tell me that Jagged Ghost Blade is better than any of those three?
    Dagger has the fastest on-hand attack in the entire game, and believe it or not also has the highest DPS. While the Demon's Greataxe is the strongest weapon, if you could literally sit there and bash on your opponents, a buffed Dagger will do the most damage of any weaopn in the ENTIRE GAME.
    Demon's Greathammer is literally a stronger version of Dragon Tooth. Great Club has much better damage than the Large Club. Also, getting a status effect in a PvP fight is rare, especially on the Large Club which has huge damage. You're going to kill someone before the poison kicks in, it's that simple. In other words, the poison effect is completely useless.
    Great Lord Greatsword has one of the best PURE PHYSICAL damage outputs in the entire game. Pure Physical always wins against split damage.
    Bastard Sword has the third highest AR of any Greatsword in the game that doesn't have split damage, just under the Cursed Arty sword and Abyss Greatsword, which have arguably worse movesets than the Bastard Sword and weigh almost twice as much. On top of that, they're only better when you have practically max stats. Scythe is one of the best Halberds due to its DEX scaling over other Halberds. Halberd gets the Leo Boost and could very easily be the best Halberd in the game, if not the best light weapon.
    Pickaxe is an amazing Strength weapon since it does thrusting damage and as such gets a Bonus from the Leo Ring. Even without the Leo Ring, it still does extra counter damage that non-thrust weapons don't have. INT Requirement doesn't matter on Channeler's. Bad moveset, bad range. Nothing more needs to be said.
    Zweihander doesn't even need a reason, it's an amazing weapon.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Mellekilla19
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 428
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2013-05-25
    Age : 23
    Location : Gekkoukan

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Mellekilla19 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:13 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:If you want serious answers I'll give 3 from each Category of which I deem bad.

    Axes-
    1. Hand Axe.
    2. Golem Axe(Which may be good for the requirements just to use it are pretty heavy)
    3. Crescent Axe.

    Bows-
    1. Long Bow
    2. Short Bow
    3. Composite Bow (It's good but compared to the Darkmoon bow and Pharis it's useless)


    Crossbows-
    1. Light Crossbow.
    2. Sniper Crossbow.
    3. Heavy Crossbow.

    Curved Greatsword-
    Server(Only one this time since there's only 3 and the other 2 are FAR better)

    Curved Swords-
    1. Falchion.
    2. Scimitar.
    3. Painting Guardian Sword.(Good but outclassed by the others)

    Daggers-
    1. Ghost Blade.
    2. Dagger.
    3. Parrying Dagger.(Only good if you know how to parry every weapon and how to get past the lagg barrier)

    Fists-
    1. Dark Hand.
    2. Fist.
    3. Caestus.

    Greataxes-
    1. Greataxe.
    2. Stone Greataxe.
    3. Demon's Greataxe.(again good but outclassed by the others)

    Greatbow(Skipping since both are equal to me)

    Great Hammers-
    1. Grant.
    2. Dragon Tooth.
    3. Great Club.


    Greatswords-
    1. Great Lord Greatsword.
    2. Bastard Sword.

    3. Crystal Greatsword.

    Halberds-
    1. titanite Catch Pole.
    2. Scythe.
    3. Halberd.


    Hammers-
    1. Blacksmith Hammer.
    2. Hammer of Zamos.
    3. Warpick.

    Katanas-
    1. Chaos Blade.
    2. Iaito.

    Spears-
    1. Channalers Trident.
    2. Four-Pronged Plow.
    3. Spear.

    Straight Swords-
    1. Broken Straight Sword.
    2. Straight Sword Hilt.
    3. Astora's Straight Sword.

    Thrusting Weapons-
    1. Mail Breaker.
    2. Rapier.
    3. Estoc.


    Ultra Greatswords-
    1. Greatsword.
    2. Zweihander.
    3. Demon's Great Machete.

    Whip-
    Whip.



    Fixed.

    By the way, Demon's Greataxe is the strongest weapon in the game, how is it outclassed?

    Most of the weapons are there not because they're bad but comparing them to others in the class they're in they either have a low power output or are slow as hell or have stupidly high requirements to use. Iaito is there because compared to the Uchi and the Washing Pole it's just... weaker to do the same exact thing an Uchi can.
    Lets go in order though, The Hand Axe is there because well, comparing it to the Battle Axe it's just... weaker and let's not compare it to anything stronger in that category. Golem Axe is there because it's requirements to use is stupidly high.
    The Composite Bow and Short bow are there since well, The Darkmoon for me was the strongest bow in there(and yes I've tested it) along with Pharis's having the longest range allowing for a few pot shots to those who invade to bait someone into a Mob fight etc.
    I never use Crossbows but the few times I did Avelyn felt like it was the best of the lot.
    The Server is there since comparing it to the Murakumo or the Gravelord it just felt that it was weaker.
    The Scimitar and Falchion are there for the base fact compared to the others.... they don't really do anything, good for low levels and light too but when comparing it to things like Shotel, Quelaags, Jagged Ghost, Gold Tracer they just don't stand up, along with the Paintings, sure it may be fast but again comparing it to others it's just weaker to do the same thing that the jagged and the Gold Tracer can do.
    The Dagger is there since it just doesn't stand up against Priscillas or the bandit knife. DST is stronger than it too.
    The Great axe is there Because comparing it to the Black Knight greataxe, and the Dragon King one it's just really weak. Demon's Greataxe is there because again for me it just didn't handle well in a fight. I felt more better off with the BKGA and the DKGA.
    I don't remember why I put the dragon tooth down, I probably meant Demon's Great hammer.
    Great Club is there since comparing it to the Large club it's just well... Great club does nothing while the Large poisons.
    Great Lord Greatsword is there since it's probably the greatsword I least used for whatever reason, call it well.. not using it.
    The Bastard Sword is there Since comparing it to the others much like every other time I've said it, there's normally something which out class's it.
    The Scythe is there because well.. as much as I love it it's just for me hard to use in PVP along with the small fact there are the other scythes I'd rather use even though I wont deny that they're hard as hell to hit with. Halberd is there because for me, BKH and the Gargoyle one were again a little more useful.
    Warpick? I meant the Pickaxe, that was my bad.
    I've already explained my reasons behind the Iaito.
    The Channalers Trident is there because well... The INT requirement. While it's good for mages I don't think it'd be worth while for any other build It's probably nice for Ganking(Didn't think of that at the time I added it haha)
    I also meant the Winged Spear for the other one.
    all the Thrusting ones were there for is because well.. I just prefer Richards and Velka's Rapiers.
    Lastly The Zweihander is there and while I absolutely adore it the BLGS is better I'd have put the DGS in it's place for it's high requirements but who am I kidding the DGS is fun as hell to run with.


    You're comparing all these things for damage.

    Moveset is what matters. Iaito has the best moveset of all the Katanas, yet only sacrifices 10 damage. Hand Axe is the straight sword of Strength weapons (even the same damage). It's also the only axe that doesn't whiff on the R1, which is fast and can easily do 300 damage per hit on a strength build. May not seem like a lot, but the speed on it is insane. The Short Bow and Composite Bow are easily the best two Bows, as they have faster attack speeds and have MUCH higher damage than the Darkmoon Bow (split damage is crap compared to the Composite Bow, which is literally made for f*cking stuff up with damage). Greataxe is stronger than all of the others that you listed besides Demon's Greataxe, which just so happens to be the strongest weapon in the entire game.
    I agree the Golem Axe is rather useless, but the fact is it has a long ranged attack and has same stunlock as a Greatsword except it's harder to get out of. Avelyn is terrible because it fires three weaker shots, so if you only get one hit in you're missing out on a ton of damage you could have gotten from using any other Crossbow. Server is MUCH better than Gravelord because of both moveset and it does more damage. Scimitar and Falchion are both great weapons due to their speed. Painting Guardian Sword is easily the best of any of the Curved Swords. You're really going to tell me that Jagged Ghost Blade is better than any of those three?
    Dagger has the fastest on-hand attack in the entire game, and believe it or not also has the highest DPS. While the Demon's Greataxe is the strongest weapon, if you could literally sit there and bash on your opponents, a buffed Dagger will do the most damage of any weaopn in the ENTIRE GAME.
    Demon's Greathammer is literally a stronger version of Dragon Tooth. Great Club has much better damage than the Large Club. Also, getting a status effect in a PvP fight is rare, especially on the Large Club which has huge damage. You're going to kill someone before the poison kicks in, it's that simple. In other words, the poison effect is completely useless.
    Great Lord Greatsword has one of the best PURE PHYSICAL damage outputs in the entire game. Pure Physical always wins against split damage.
    Bastard Sword has the third highest AR of any Greatsword in the game that doesn't have split damage, just under the Cursed Arty sword and Abyss Greatsword, which have arguably worse movesets than the Bastard Sword and weigh almost twice as much. On top of that, they're only better when you have practically max stats. Scythe is one of the best Halberds due to its DEX scaling over other Halberds. Halberd gets the Leo Boost and could very easily be the best Halberd in the game, if not the best light weapon.
    Pickaxe is an amazing Strength weapon since it does thrusting damage and as such gets a Bonus from the Leo Ring. Even without the Leo Ring, it still does extra counter damage that non-thrust weapons don't have. INT Requirement doesn't matter on Channeler's. Bad moveset, bad range. Nothing more needs to be said.
    Zweihander doesn't even need a reason, it's an amazing weapon.

    A lot of my choices are there because I usually only use 2 rings EVER(Havels and RoFaP) the other reason why I'd rather use a weapon that does damage via other means be it Magic, Dark, Poison or bleed is because, to be honest, I usually R1 people to death, I rarely ever Dual hand a weapon and I rarely ever R2. Before you say "Ohh you're going to be parried" like countless others have.. it's rare to find someone with the ability to parry you, they'd sit and have their shield up if need be actually a lot of people just do that.


    _________________
    So boring... Can someone make this more fun?
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Dibsville on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:15 pm

    Mellekilla19 wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:If you want serious answers I'll give 3 from each Category of which I deem bad.

    Axes-
    1. Hand Axe.
    2. Golem Axe(Which may be good for the requirements just to use it are pretty heavy)
    3. Crescent Axe.

    Bows-
    1. Long Bow
    2. Short Bow
    3. Composite Bow (It's good but compared to the Darkmoon bow and Pharis it's useless)


    Crossbows-
    1. Light Crossbow.
    2. Sniper Crossbow.
    3. Heavy Crossbow.

    Curved Greatsword-
    Server(Only one this time since there's only 3 and the other 2 are FAR better)

    Curved Swords-
    1. Falchion.
    2. Scimitar.
    3. Painting Guardian Sword.(Good but outclassed by the others)

    Daggers-
    1. Ghost Blade.
    2. Dagger.
    3. Parrying Dagger.(Only good if you know how to parry every weapon and how to get past the lagg barrier)

    Fists-
    1. Dark Hand.
    2. Fist.
    3. Caestus.

    Greataxes-
    1. Greataxe.
    2. Stone Greataxe.
    3. Demon's Greataxe.(again good but outclassed by the others)

    Greatbow(Skipping since both are equal to me)

    Great Hammers-
    1. Grant.
    2. Dragon Tooth.
    3. Great Club.


    Greatswords-
    1. Great Lord Greatsword.
    2. Bastard Sword.

    3. Crystal Greatsword.

    Halberds-
    1. titanite Catch Pole.
    2. Scythe.
    3. Halberd.


    Hammers-
    1. Blacksmith Hammer.
    2. Hammer of Zamos.
    3. Warpick.

    Katanas-
    1. Chaos Blade.
    2. Iaito.

    Spears-
    1. Channalers Trident.
    2. Four-Pronged Plow.
    3. Spear.

    Straight Swords-
    1. Broken Straight Sword.
    2. Straight Sword Hilt.
    3. Astora's Straight Sword.

    Thrusting Weapons-
    1. Mail Breaker.
    2. Rapier.
    3. Estoc.


    Ultra Greatswords-
    1. Greatsword.
    2. Zweihander.
    3. Demon's Great Machete.

    Whip-
    Whip.



    Fixed.

    By the way, Demon's Greataxe is the strongest weapon in the game, how is it outclassed?

    Most of the weapons are there not because they're bad but comparing them to others in the class they're in they either have a low power output or are slow as hell or have stupidly high requirements to use. Iaito is there because compared to the Uchi and the Washing Pole it's just... weaker to do the same exact thing an Uchi can.
    Lets go in order though, The Hand Axe is there because well, comparing it to the Battle Axe it's just... weaker and let's not compare it to anything stronger in that category. Golem Axe is there because it's requirements to use is stupidly high.
    The Composite Bow and Short bow are there since well, The Darkmoon for me was the strongest bow in there(and yes I've tested it) along with Pharis's having the longest range allowing for a few pot shots to those who invade to bait someone into a Mob fight etc.
    I never use Crossbows but the few times I did Avelyn felt like it was the best of the lot.
    The Server is there since comparing it to the Murakumo or the Gravelord it just felt that it was weaker.
    The Scimitar and Falchion are there for the base fact compared to the others.... they don't really do anything, good for low levels and light too but when comparing it to things like Shotel, Quelaags, Jagged Ghost, Gold Tracer they just don't stand up, along with the Paintings, sure it may be fast but again comparing it to others it's just weaker to do the same thing that the jagged and the Gold Tracer can do.
    The Dagger is there since it just doesn't stand up against Priscillas or the bandit knife. DST is stronger than it too.
    The Great axe is there Because comparing it to the Black Knight greataxe, and the Dragon King one it's just really weak. Demon's Greataxe is there because again for me it just didn't handle well in a fight. I felt more better off with the BKGA and the DKGA.
    I don't remember why I put the dragon tooth down, I probably meant Demon's Great hammer.
    Great Club is there since comparing it to the Large club it's just well... Great club does nothing while the Large poisons.
    Great Lord Greatsword is there since it's probably the greatsword I least used for whatever reason, call it well.. not using it.
    The Bastard Sword is there Since comparing it to the others much like every other time I've said it, there's normally something which out class's it.
    The Scythe is there because well.. as much as I love it it's just for me hard to use in PVP along with the small fact there are the other scythes I'd rather use even though I wont deny that they're hard as hell to hit with. Halberd is there because for me, BKH and the Gargoyle one were again a little more useful.
    Warpick? I meant the Pickaxe, that was my bad.
    I've already explained my reasons behind the Iaito.
    The Channalers Trident is there because well... The INT requirement. While it's good for mages I don't think it'd be worth while for any other build It's probably nice for Ganking(Didn't think of that at the time I added it haha)
    I also meant the Winged Spear for the other one.
    all the Thrusting ones were there for is because well.. I just prefer Richards and Velka's Rapiers.
    Lastly The Zweihander is there and while I absolutely adore it the BLGS is better I'd have put the DGS in it's place for it's high requirements but who am I kidding the DGS is fun as hell to run with.


    You're comparing all these things for damage.

    Moveset is what matters. Iaito has the best moveset of all the Katanas, yet only sacrifices 10 damage. Hand Axe is the straight sword of Strength weapons (even the same damage). It's also the only axe that doesn't whiff on the R1, which is fast and can easily do 300 damage per hit on a strength build. May not seem like a lot, but the speed on it is insane. The Short Bow and Composite Bow are easily the best two Bows, as they have faster attack speeds and have MUCH higher damage than the Darkmoon Bow (split damage is crap compared to the Composite Bow, which is literally made for f*cking stuff up with damage). Greataxe is stronger than all of the others that you listed besides Demon's Greataxe, which just so happens to be the strongest weapon in the entire game.
    I agree the Golem Axe is rather useless, but the fact is it has a long ranged attack and has same stunlock as a Greatsword except it's harder to get out of. Avelyn is terrible because it fires three weaker shots, so if you only get one hit in you're missing out on a ton of damage you could have gotten from using any other Crossbow. Server is MUCH better than Gravelord because of both moveset and it does more damage. Scimitar and Falchion are both great weapons due to their speed. Painting Guardian Sword is easily the best of any of the Curved Swords. You're really going to tell me that Jagged Ghost Blade is better than any of those three?
    Dagger has the fastest on-hand attack in the entire game, and believe it or not also has the highest DPS. While the Demon's Greataxe is the strongest weapon, if you could literally sit there and bash on your opponents, a buffed Dagger will do the most damage of any weaopn in the ENTIRE GAME.
    Demon's Greathammer is literally a stronger version of Dragon Tooth. Great Club has much better damage than the Large Club. Also, getting a status effect in a PvP fight is rare, especially on the Large Club which has huge damage. You're going to kill someone before the poison kicks in, it's that simple. In other words, the poison effect is completely useless.
    Great Lord Greatsword has one of the best PURE PHYSICAL damage outputs in the entire game. Pure Physical always wins against split damage.
    Bastard Sword has the third highest AR of any Greatsword in the game that doesn't have split damage, just under the Cursed Arty sword and Abyss Greatsword, which have arguably worse movesets than the Bastard Sword and weigh almost twice as much. On top of that, they're only better when you have practically max stats. Scythe is one of the best Halberds due to its DEX scaling over other Halberds. Halberd gets the Leo Boost and could very easily be the best Halberd in the game, if not the best light weapon.
    Pickaxe is an amazing Strength weapon since it does thrusting damage and as such gets a Bonus from the Leo Ring. Even without the Leo Ring, it still does extra counter damage that non-thrust weapons don't have. INT Requirement doesn't matter on Channeler's. Bad moveset, bad range. Nothing more needs to be said.
    Zweihander doesn't even need a reason, it's an amazing weapon.

    A lot of my choices are there because I usually only use 2 rings EVER(Havels and RoFaP) the other reason why I'd rather use a weapon that does damage via other means be it Magic, Dark, Poison or bleed is because, to be honest, I usually R1 people to death, I rarely ever Dual hand a weapon and I rarely ever R2. Before you say "Ohh you're going to be parried" like countless others have.. it's rare to find someone with the ability to parry you, they'd sit and have their shield up if need be actually a lot of people just do that.

    I'm going to be honest here, from the way you put things it seems like you've never done a pure DEX/STR build.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Mellekilla19
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 428
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2013-05-25
    Age : 23
    Location : Gekkoukan

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Mellekilla19 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:18 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:If you want serious answers I'll give 3 from each Category of which I deem bad.

    Axes-
    1. Hand Axe.
    2. Golem Axe(Which may be good for the requirements just to use it are pretty heavy)
    3. Crescent Axe.

    Bows-
    1. Long Bow
    2. Short Bow
    3. Composite Bow (It's good but compared to the Darkmoon bow and Pharis it's useless)


    Crossbows-
    1. Light Crossbow.
    2. Sniper Crossbow.
    3. Heavy Crossbow.

    Curved Greatsword-
    Server(Only one this time since there's only 3 and the other 2 are FAR better)

    Curved Swords-
    1. Falchion.
    2. Scimitar.
    3. Painting Guardian Sword.(Good but outclassed by the others)

    Daggers-
    1. Ghost Blade.
    2. Dagger.
    3. Parrying Dagger.(Only good if you know how to parry every weapon and how to get past the lagg barrier)

    Fists-
    1. Dark Hand.
    2. Fist.
    3. Caestus.

    Greataxes-
    1. Greataxe.
    2. Stone Greataxe.
    3. Demon's Greataxe.(again good but outclassed by the others)

    Greatbow(Skipping since both are equal to me)

    Great Hammers-
    1. Grant.
    2. Dragon Tooth.
    3. Great Club.


    Greatswords-
    1. Great Lord Greatsword.
    2. Bastard Sword.

    3. Crystal Greatsword.

    Halberds-
    1. titanite Catch Pole.
    2. Scythe.
    3. Halberd.


    Hammers-
    1. Blacksmith Hammer.
    2. Hammer of Zamos.
    3. Warpick.

    Katanas-
    1. Chaos Blade.
    2. Iaito.

    Spears-
    1. Channalers Trident.
    2. Four-Pronged Plow.
    3. Spear.

    Straight Swords-
    1. Broken Straight Sword.
    2. Straight Sword Hilt.
    3. Astora's Straight Sword.

    Thrusting Weapons-
    1. Mail Breaker.
    2. Rapier.
    3. Estoc.


    Ultra Greatswords-
    1. Greatsword.
    2. Zweihander.
    3. Demon's Great Machete.

    Whip-
    Whip.



    Fixed.

    By the way, Demon's Greataxe is the strongest weapon in the game, how is it outclassed?

    Most of the weapons are there not because they're bad but comparing them to others in the class they're in they either have a low power output or are slow as hell or have stupidly high requirements to use. Iaito is there because compared to the Uchi and the Washing Pole it's just... weaker to do the same exact thing an Uchi can.
    Lets go in order though, The Hand Axe is there because well, comparing it to the Battle Axe it's just... weaker and let's not compare it to anything stronger in that category. Golem Axe is there because it's requirements to use is stupidly high.
    The Composite Bow and Short bow are there since well, The Darkmoon for me was the strongest bow in there(and yes I've tested it) along with Pharis's having the longest range allowing for a few pot shots to those who invade to bait someone into a Mob fight etc.
    I never use Crossbows but the few times I did Avelyn felt like it was the best of the lot.
    The Server is there since comparing it to the Murakumo or the Gravelord it just felt that it was weaker.
    The Scimitar and Falchion are there for the base fact compared to the others.... they don't really do anything, good for low levels and light too but when comparing it to things like Shotel, Quelaags, Jagged Ghost, Gold Tracer they just don't stand up, along with the Paintings, sure it may be fast but again comparing it to others it's just weaker to do the same thing that the jagged and the Gold Tracer can do.
    The Dagger is there since it just doesn't stand up against Priscillas or the bandit knife. DST is stronger than it too.
    The Great axe is there Because comparing it to the Black Knight greataxe, and the Dragon King one it's just really weak. Demon's Greataxe is there because again for me it just didn't handle well in a fight. I felt more better off with the BKGA and the DKGA.
    I don't remember why I put the dragon tooth down, I probably meant Demon's Great hammer.
    Great Club is there since comparing it to the Large club it's just well... Great club does nothing while the Large poisons.
    Great Lord Greatsword is there since it's probably the greatsword I least used for whatever reason, call it well.. not using it.
    The Bastard Sword is there Since comparing it to the others much like every other time I've said it, there's normally something which out class's it.
    The Scythe is there because well.. as much as I love it it's just for me hard to use in PVP along with the small fact there are the other scythes I'd rather use even though I wont deny that they're hard as hell to hit with. Halberd is there because for me, BKH and the Gargoyle one were again a little more useful.
    Warpick? I meant the Pickaxe, that was my bad.
    I've already explained my reasons behind the Iaito.
    The Channalers Trident is there because well... The INT requirement. While it's good for mages I don't think it'd be worth while for any other build It's probably nice for Ganking(Didn't think of that at the time I added it haha)
    I also meant the Winged Spear for the other one.
    all the Thrusting ones were there for is because well.. I just prefer Richards and Velka's Rapiers.
    Lastly The Zweihander is there and while I absolutely adore it the BLGS is better I'd have put the DGS in it's place for it's high requirements but who am I kidding the DGS is fun as hell to run with.


    You're comparing all these things for damage.

    Moveset is what matters. Iaito has the best moveset of all the Katanas, yet only sacrifices 10 damage. Hand Axe is the straight sword of Strength weapons (even the same damage). It's also the only axe that doesn't whiff on the R1, which is fast and can easily do 300 damage per hit on a strength build. May not seem like a lot, but the speed on it is insane. The Short Bow and Composite Bow are easily the best two Bows, as they have faster attack speeds and have MUCH higher damage than the Darkmoon Bow (split damage is crap compared to the Composite Bow, which is literally made for f*cking stuff up with damage). Greataxe is stronger than all of the others that you listed besides Demon's Greataxe, which just so happens to be the strongest weapon in the entire game.
    I agree the Golem Axe is rather useless, but the fact is it has a long ranged attack and has same stunlock as a Greatsword except it's harder to get out of. Avelyn is terrible because it fires three weaker shots, so if you only get one hit in you're missing out on a ton of damage you could have gotten from using any other Crossbow. Server is MUCH better than Gravelord because of both moveset and it does more damage. Scimitar and Falchion are both great weapons due to their speed. Painting Guardian Sword is easily the best of any of the Curved Swords. You're really going to tell me that Jagged Ghost Blade is better than any of those three?
    Dagger has the fastest on-hand attack in the entire game, and believe it or not also has the highest DPS. While the Demon's Greataxe is the strongest weapon, if you could literally sit there and bash on your opponents, a buffed Dagger will do the most damage of any weaopn in the ENTIRE GAME.
    Demon's Greathammer is literally a stronger version of Dragon Tooth. Great Club has much better damage than the Large Club. Also, getting a status effect in a PvP fight is rare, especially on the Large Club which has huge damage. You're going to kill someone before the poison kicks in, it's that simple. In other words, the poison effect is completely useless.
    Great Lord Greatsword has one of the best PURE PHYSICAL damage outputs in the entire game. Pure Physical always wins against split damage.
    Bastard Sword has the third highest AR of any Greatsword in the game that doesn't have split damage, just under the Cursed Arty sword and Abyss Greatsword, which have arguably worse movesets than the Bastard Sword and weigh almost twice as much. On top of that, they're only better when you have practically max stats. Scythe is one of the best Halberds due to its DEX scaling over other Halberds. Halberd gets the Leo Boost and could very easily be the best Halberd in the game, if not the best light weapon.
    Pickaxe is an amazing Strength weapon since it does thrusting damage and as such gets a Bonus from the Leo Ring. Even without the Leo Ring, it still does extra counter damage that non-thrust weapons don't have. INT Requirement doesn't matter on Channeler's. Bad moveset, bad range. Nothing more needs to be said.
    Zweihander doesn't even need a reason, it's an amazing weapon.

    A lot of my choices are there because I usually only use 2 rings EVER(Havels and RoFaP) the other reason why I'd rather use a weapon that does damage via other means be it Magic, Dark, Poison or bleed is because, to be honest, I usually R1 people to death, I rarely ever Dual hand a weapon and I rarely ever R2. Before you say "Ohh you're going to be parried" like countless others have.. it's rare to find someone with the ability to parry you, they'd sit and have their shield up if need be actually a lot of people just do that.

    I'm going to be honest here, from the way you put things it seems like you've never done a pure DEX/STR build.

    I've done a pure for both, My first ever character was strength since I used Greatswords for the entirety of it. I have a few Dex builds but both have weapons I want to change up for the sake that both only have uchi's as of right now.


    _________________
    So boring... Can someone make this more fun?
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Dibsville on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:20 pm

    Have you ever done a quality build?


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:56 pm