The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Share

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:19 pm

    The chaos blade is one of my favorite weapons in the game. My most successful build is using a chaos blade and i can't tell you how many matches i've won in a row with it and how many people send me hate mail when they get eaten alive. And 99% of the time i'm in the burg doing formal matches. I'm the one who does the parrying, not the other way around (obviously it happens but it's not an everyday thing.) I guess it's when people doubt the chaos blade and get **** is when they get destroyed. You can see them flail around when their bleed meter is almost full and i'm right in their face. Priceless. Oh the irony of my name username lol.
    avatar
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Latitoast on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:21 pm

    Elifia wrote:
    twigsterxd wrote:ALL OF THEM!!!
    Why?
    Because I suck at pvp lol
    Truthfully, I gotta agree with the guys, none of them if you're awesome at pvp

    No matter how awesome you are at PvP though, the Straight Sword Hilt is still the very worst weapon. It is inferior to every single weapon in every single way. Claiming otherwise is simply silly.
    Actually your fists are worse than the Straight Sword hilt.

    Worse damage, smaller range, unbuffable, unupgradable, unenchantable, the list goes on and on my dear :3


    _________________
    Gamertag:Leon Kennedy85   LoL Summoner ID, Skype Username, Steam ID:Latitoast
    Current Covenants:Messengers of Velka, The Exiled of Ariamis, The Darkstalkers

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:22 pm

    Bleeding_Katana wrote:The chaos blade is one of my favorite weapons in the game. My most successful build is using a chaos blade and i can't tell you how many matches i've won in a row with it and how many people send me hate mail when they get eaten alive. And 99% of the time i'm in the burg doing formal matches. I'm the one who does the parrying, not the other way around (obviously it happens but it's not an everyday thing.) I guess it's when people doubt the chaos blade and get **** is when they get destroyed. You can see them flail around when their bleed meter is almost full and i'm right in their face. Priceless.
    I am not scared of the Chaos Blade, nor do I underestimate it. I know it's potential. I've used almost every weapon in the game for hours on end, besides a few like the Dragonbone Fist and the Guardian Tail. And if there's one weapon I do not underestimate, it's going to be the Chaos Blade.

    By the way, there's a reason I use Chester's Coat on every single one of my builds. That bleed resistant can't be parred while still keeping 'dem looks.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Latitoast on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:24 pm

    But Dibs, Chester's Coat is dumb.

    Witch Cloak is the master in the looks department.


    _________________
    Gamertag:Leon Kennedy85   LoL Summoner ID, Skype Username, Steam ID:Latitoast
    Current Covenants:Messengers of Velka, The Exiled of Ariamis, The Darkstalkers

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:26 pm

    Latitoast wrote:But Dibs, Chester's Coat is dumb.

    Witch Cloak is the master in the looks department.
    Here are the order of torso pieces I use on a build:
    1. Chester's Coat
    2. Witch Cloak
    3. Hollow Thief
    4. Wanderer's
    5. Sorcerer
    6. Black Sorcerer

    If I can't fit any of those on a build, or I'm using a build with a poise torso, I normally switch up the rest of my gear, such as changing Composite Bow to Short Bow.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Forum Pirate on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:27 pm

    Dead angles are also immune to parries, and most every weapon that dead angles well is stronger and/or faster than the whip by a wide margin.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:28 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:Dead angles are also immune to parries, and most every weapon that dead angles well is stronger and/or faster than the whip by a wide margin.
    But every weapon can dead-angle.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:29 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Bleeding_Katana wrote:The chaos blade is one of my favorite weapons in the game. My most successful build is using a chaos blade and i can't tell you how many matches i've won in a row with it and how many people send me hate mail when they get eaten alive. And 99% of the time i'm in the burg doing formal matches. I'm the one who does the parrying, not the other way around (obviously it happens but it's not an everyday thing.) I guess it's when people doubt the chaos blade and get **** is when they get destroyed. You can see them flail around when their bleed meter is almost full and i'm right in their face. Priceless.
    I am not scared of the Chaos Blade, nor do I underestimate it. I know it's potential. I've used almost every weapon in the game for hours on end, besides a few like the Dragonbone Fist and the Guardian Tail. And if there's one weapon I do not underestimate, it's going to be the Chaos Blade.

    By the way, there's a reason I use Chester's Coat on every single one of my builds. That bleed resistant can't be parred while still keeping 'dem looks.



    I love the chester's coat. I wasn't saying you're scared or you underestimate it because clearly you're not some scrub who bought the game yesterday. But there are people out there that only use high poise, str builds and laugh at katana's then send you a message flipping out because they couldn't even get a hit on you. I love getting people's confidence up and slamming their ego's down their throat with flippy ninja chaos blade action twisted

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:33 pm

    I seem to use the Embraced Armor of Favor and Lord's Blade Robe alot. Probably my two favorite torso pieces depending on what i'm doing.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Carphil on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:35 pm

    Elifia wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    Elifia wrote:
    Carphil wrote:hammer of vamos

    But...

    Vamos, vamos, mi amor...

    It is sexy, but no stunlock sad

    Vamos, mi amor!
    Te quiero puta!


    Still.... no stunlock.


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4520
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2013-04-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Rolling in circles while reading manga

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Latitoast on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:55 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Latitoast wrote:But Dibs, Chester's Coat is dumb.

    Witch Cloak is the master in the looks department.
    Here are the order of torso pieces I use on a build:
    1. Chester's Coat
    2. Witch Cloak
    3. Hollow Thief
    4. Wanderer's
    5. Sorcerer
    6. Black Sorcerer

    If I can't fit any of those on a build, or I'm using a build with a poise torso, I normally switch up the rest of my gear, such as changing Composite Bow to Short Bow.
    I can live with Witch's at number 2.

    You better wear a Big Hat though, that thing is beyond godly.


    _________________
    Gamertag:Leon Kennedy85   LoL Summoner ID, Skype Username, Steam ID:Latitoast
    Current Covenants:Messengers of Velka, The Exiled of Ariamis, The Darkstalkers

    avatar
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1587
    Reputation : 129
    Join date : 2012-03-03
    Age : 18
    Location : School

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Demon Slayer on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:14 pm

    Carphil wrote:
    Elifia wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    Elifia wrote:
    Carphil wrote:hammer of vamos

    But...

    Vamos, vamos, mi amor...

    It is sexy, but no stunlock sad

    Vamos, mi amor!
    Te quiero puta!


    Still.... no stunlock.

    i talk spanish and you just said

    i love you ***** please stop that leanguage theres no reason to use it

    please stop it


    _________________
    Mr Wolf -I solve problems-

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Animaaal on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:29 pm

    Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    Demon Slayer wrote:Why the unrep? Did i say something wrong and everybody seems to have the same perstective it doesnt matter what weapong your using just practice nothing more

    Please do not un rep me this is my opinion, please respect me whoever you are

    It has take too much work to get my rep where it is

    Trying my sweatiest to balance it

    As am I.

    I think your first statement was the biggest "broadstroke" statement that could've possibly been used regarding this particular conversation. I think everyone knows skill trumps all. I don't think your statement deserved a down vote though.

    Worst weapon in pvp????...

    ...Cracked Round Shield.
    avatar
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 961
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-12-09
    Age : 25

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Saturday-Saint on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:52 pm

    This thread would be more fun if we ignored the obviously **** weapons like broken sword hilts and cracked round shields and greataxes.


    _________________
    Joking aside.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:55 pm

    Saturday-Saint wrote:This thread would be more fun if we ignored the obviously **** weapons like broken sword hilts and cracked round shields and greataxes.
    I realise my Chaos Blade post was a little far-fetched...
    But are you kidding me


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:56 pm

    Great axes are viable though if you know what you're doing and take your time.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:57 pm

    The Greataxe is an amazing weapon.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:58 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:This thread would be more fun if we ignored the obviously **** weapons like broken sword hilts and cracked round shields and greataxes.
    I realise my Chaos Blade post was a little far-fetched...
    But are you kidding me

    Yeah, you dissed the chaos blade then stuck up for it. It's all good :razz:

    edit: got dat first rep woo! bounce
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:59 pm

    Bleeding_Katana wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:This thread would be more fun if we ignored the obviously **** weapons like broken sword hilts and cracked round shields and greataxes.
    I realise my Chaos Blade post was a little far-fetched...
    But are you kidding me

    Yeah, you dissed the chaos blade then stuck up for it. It's all good :razz:
    I only dissed the Chaos Blade because it's outclassed by other Katanas as they can be buffed and ALL have better movesets than the Chaos Blade.

    30 Extra AR isn't worth that **** moveset.

    Or, even better, not being able to buff with poison.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:05 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Bleeding_Katana wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:This thread would be more fun if we ignored the obviously **** weapons like broken sword hilts and cracked round shields and greataxes.
    I realise my Chaos Blade post was a little far-fetched...
    But are you kidding me

    Yeah, you dissed the chaos blade then stuck up for it. It's all good :razz:
    I only dissed the Chaos Blade because it's outclassed by other Katanas as they can be buffed and ALL have better movesets than the Chaos Blade.

    30 Extra AR isn't worth that **** moveset.

    Or, even better, not being able to buff with poison.


    30 extra AR and the causes bleeding faster than other katana's. And the chaos blade has the same moveset as the Iato i thought?
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Dibsville on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:06 pm

    Bleeding_Katana wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Bleeding_Katana wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:This thread would be more fun if we ignored the obviously **** weapons like broken sword hilts and cracked round shields and greataxes.
    I realise my Chaos Blade post was a little far-fetched...
    But are you kidding me

    Yeah, you dissed the chaos blade then stuck up for it. It's all good :razz:
    I only dissed the Chaos Blade because it's outclassed by other Katanas as they can be buffed and ALL have better movesets than the Chaos Blade.

    30 Extra AR isn't worth that **** moveset.

    Or, even better, not being able to buff with poison.
    If the Chaos Blade had the same moveset as the Iaito, I'd never use any other Katana.

    Faster bleed build-up doesn't matter if your enemy knows how to manipulate I-frames.



    30 extra AR and the causes bleeding faster than other katana's. And the chaos blade has the same moveset as the Iato i thought?


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 286
    Reputation : 82
    Join date : 2012-03-06
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by roanispe on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:11 pm

    Animaaal wrote:Worst weapon in pvp????...

    ...Cracked Round Shield.

    I'd choose that if it weren't for Skull Latern. At least the shield can block with the 2h running attack, and it has a pretty passable push that blocks as well. Skull Lantern literally has only one terrible attack, and less damage along with worse stability, and resistances.

    As a more serious choice, I'd say the Lucerne is one of the worst weapons. It's only 0.5 weight away from the Gargoyle Halberd if you just want damage, which has a solid 25 AR on it when both Chaos, or from the Halberd if you a better moveset. As well, I've never seen anyone I've enjoyed fighting wielding one; it's an unsavoury weapon used by an unsavoury crowd.

    I also vehemently disagree with the Chaos Blade being worse than the other Katanas. It has better range than the Uchigatana or Iaito, and better damage than all of them. It's important to remember that AR doesn't linearly correspond with damage, nor does it suffer diminishing returns. As well, I don't believe in r2s of any Katana being particularly useful in comparison to the better statistics of the Chaos Blade.


    _________________
    Currently #6 in the SL51-100 Duels with a 75 Streak on Kagami_S00mika.
    If you would like a build, please send me a PM. I'll be glad to try to help make something to your specifications, and walk you through how to use it.
    Ever wonder why Pinwheel stole the power of Nito? How to use a Katana. DmC: Devil May Cry footage
    Chen is best 2hu:






    If my post was helpful, please click the little '+' next to it. My PSNid: roanispe, Kagami_S00mika

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:11 pm

    I don't even know what the *** "i-frames" are lol. I hate worrying about buffs. Bow, eat my grass and go to town. Plus the CB looks better than all the other katana's imo. Different strokes for different folks but the CB isn't even close to one of the worst weapons for PVP.
    avatar
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 961
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-12-09
    Age : 25

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Saturday-Saint on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:14 pm

    I wouldn't put GAxe on the same level as cracked round shield or broken straight sword, that was a bit of a joke. But only a bit, because honestly Greataxe is IMO the worst weapon class in the game outside of the obviously bad things like bashing people to death with shields and talismans. I would place it lower than claws and whips, even.


    Last edited by Saturday-Saint on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Joking aside.

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:14 pm

    roanispe wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:Worst weapon in pvp????...

    ...Cracked Round Shield.

    I'd choose that if it weren't for Skull Latern. At least the shield can block with the 2h running attack, and it has a pretty passable push that blocks as well. Skull Lantern literally has only one terrible attack, and less damage along with worse stability, and resistances.

    As a more serious choice, I'd say the Lucerne is one of the worst weapons. It's only 0.5 weight away from the Gargoyle Halberd if you just want damage, which has a solid 25 AR on it when both Chaos, or from the Halberd if you a better moveset. As well, I've never seen anyone I've enjoyed fighting wielding one; it's an unsavoury weapon used by an unsavoury crowd.

    I also vehemently disagree with the Chaos Blade being worse than the other Katanas. It has better range than the Uchigatana or Iaito, and better damage than all of them. It's important to remember that AR doesn't linearly correspond with damage, nor does it suffer diminishing returns. As well, I don't believe in r2s of any Katana being particularly useful in comparison to the better statistics of the Chaos Blade.


    Hate the Lucerne. Much rather use the Gargoyle halbard like you said. And yeah, i rarely use R2's regardless of any weapon i'm using. Not saying i never do it, but i'd rather land a nice timed R1 i know i can land instead of swinging away with an R2 just to get backstabbed or parried.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The worst weapons to use in pvp?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:02 pm