Can someone help me better this build?

Mellekilla19
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Can someone help me better this build?

Post by Mellekilla19 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:53 am

I've been working on a Build for the 360(Yes I know it's a little nooby but I rarely do PvP as it is so keep that in mind)
    I plan on getting better spells so a few of them are place holders for now.
    This is an already existing character and I don't plan to change the level so please also keep that in mind all I really need is help planning on a new character which is less nooby but is also pretty good.

http://mmdks.com/2li4

Town Crier
    Town Crier

Re: Can someone help me better this build?

Post by Tolvo on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:58 am

http://mmdks.com/2li8

This would be my suggestion of what to do with the build.
    Mellekilla19
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Mellekilla19 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:24 am

Tolvo wrote:http://mmdks.com/2li8

This would be my suggestion of what to do with the build.

Thanks for the help, i'll give it a run, only difference I made was to put on the Elite Knight Helm over the Knight Helm, seemed only beneficial and I could still fast roll.
    http://mmdks.com/2lig

Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:34 am

Ah yes, you are correct. Might as well also bump that up to 99 humanity.
    Mellekilla19
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Mellekilla19 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:41 am

Tolvo wrote:Ah yes, you are correct. Might as well also bump that up to 99 humanity.

Ahh thanks for the heads up, I never realized anything was boosted by humanity except a weapons power. I'll probably go to 40 though so I'm not going to run through all of my humanity too quickly.

Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:43 am

At 99 you'll get something like, 20-40 extra physical defense, I didn't check the values for the others. It helps still. Chaos Weapons, Chaos Pyromancy, and the Abyss Greatsword are boosted by humanity damage wise.

Then general defenses.
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:45 am

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Mellekilla19 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:49 am

Tolvo wrote:At 99 you'll get something like, 20-40 extra physical defense, I didn't check the values for the others. It helps still. Chaos Weapons, Chaos Pyromancy, and the Abyss Greatsword are boosted by humanity damage wise.

Then general defenses.

Going from 40-99 only gives an Extra 10 so it feels kind of wasteful to do it especially with my track record of dying in the most ridiculous ways trying to get my souls/humanity back. It'll be a nice boost I wont deny but I don't think it's worth the risk of 59 humanaties in case my track record stays.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Mellekilla19 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:06 am

raecor14 wrote:http://mmdks.com/2lim my attempt

I'll save this one too and try later, again I changed a few things, namely the weapon(I like the Moonlight's R2 way to much and has saved my life a few times)
    http://mmdks.com/2liq

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:11 am

Mellekilla19 wrote:

I'll save this one too and try later, again I changed a few things, namely the weapon(I like the Moonlight's R2 way to much and has saved my life a few times)
    reasons why the obsidian great-sword is better than the MLGS:
    1. pure physical AR, your a mage, you NEED backup damage types
    2. the 2HR2 scales with the buff you should put on it
    3. its buff-able
    4. looks badass

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Mellekilla19 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:32 am

raecor14 wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:

3. its buff-able
    4. looks badass

While I agree, There's a few reasons I choose to use the moonlight.
    1. I'd rather have a magic defence buff instead of a weapon buff.
    2. I used the OGS on my first play though of Dark Souls and is to this day one of my main weapons on my SL200.
    3. MLGS seems to be under-used and as I previously stated the R2 has saved my life a few times and can be quite lethal under the right circumstances.
    4. MLGS has a 40 Magic Defence Raise, While it's a 50/50 that people use magic a fair percentage of people do.

All things combined with a decently fast 1hR1 and being new to PVP I feel it be better to use a INT weapon instead of a buff since I don't want to run the risk of running out of the buff in the middle of a fight or forgetting to buff at the start. Once I feel more accustomed to the PVP I'll most defiantly try a buff.

Last edited by Mellekilla19 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 am

Mellekilla19 wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:

3. its buff-able
    4. looks badass

While I agree, There's a few reasons I choose to use the moonlight.
    1. I'd rather have a magic defence buff instead of a weapon buff.
    2. I used the OGS on my first play though of Dark Souls and is to this day one of my main weapons on my SL200.
    3. MLGS seems to be under-used and as I previously stated the R2 has saved my life a few times and can be quite lethal under the right circumstances.

All things combined with a decently fast 1hR1 and being new to PVP I feel it be better to use a INT weapon instead of a buff since I don't want to run the risk of running out of the buff in the middle of a fight or forgetting to buff at the start. Once I feel more accustomed to the PVP I'll most defiantly try a buff.
    every boy and his dog uses MLGS and i wasn't saying the sword gave you a buff when you used its 2HR2 i am saying the damage includes your buffs extra damage. it has a usefull 2HR2 too, keeps the lagstabbers at bay.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Mellekilla19 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:41 am

every boy and his dog uses MLGS and i wasn't saying the sword gave you a buff when you used its 2HR2 i am saying the damage includes your buffs extra damage. it has a usefull 2HR2 too, keeps the lagstabbers at bay.
    Really?
    Out of every fight I've seen and been a part of which has roughly been around... 200 give or take I have not once seen anyone use a moonlight.
    It's normally an elemental weapon, A buffable weapon or something with bleed.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:43 am

Mellekilla19 wrote:
    Really?
    Out of every fight I've seen and been a part of which has roughly been around... 200 give or take I have not once seen anyone use a moonlight.
    On PS3 it is tas common as the gold tracer, if not more

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Mellekilla19 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:50 am

raecor14 wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:
    Really?
    On PS3 it is tas common as the gold tracer, if not more

(I forgot to mention it before) I meant the buff as in the Crystal Magic Weapon buff, 7/10 times it'll probably run out on me, I forget to use it or I get killed trying to buff my weapon.

Ahh. It might be because I don't invade people yet so I don't see the majority of weapons. Or it might be a little more un-used on the 360 since you need to cut off a tail for it. Or the amount of modders on 360 is more than that on PS3, I don't know.

Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:28 am

For PvP it is possibly the most used Greatsword. It's a weapon you see all over the place invading, basically when someone can cast spells they'll almost always have an MLGS.
    Mellekilla19
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Mellekilla19 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:35 am

Tolvo wrote:For PvP it is possibly the most used Greatsword. It's a weapon you see all over the place invading, basically when someone can cast spells they'll almost always have an MLGS.
    That's probably why I never see it used, I never invade people.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:53 am

http://mmdks.com/2lla

Reasonable set of NG spells (you can even repair your MLGS), full magic damage (might as well take advantage of it), decent spell block that you can boost even further (or just use grass crest), and all of your spells are going to freaking hurt with the magic multiplier.

If you don't want to rely on landing CSS, Dark beads, and crystal soul masses you can always just dump bellowing + CoD, and use FAP ring + gear to take you to 51 poise for the next break point (can tank anything but 2h UGS type stuff). Still, as you're built for magic and can 1-shot or badly injure a lot of different builds you might as well take advantage.

Mellekilla19
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Mellekilla19 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:28 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:http://mmdks.com/2lla

Reasonable set of NG spells (you can even repair your MLGS), full magic damage (might as well take advantage of it), decent spell block that you can boost even further (or just use grass crest), and all of your spells are going to freaking hurt with the magic multiplier.

If you don't want to rely on landing CSS, Dark beads, and crystal soul masses you can always just dump bellowing + CoD, and use FAP ring + gear to take you to 51 poise for the next break point (can tank anything but 2h UGS type stuff). Still, as you're built for magic and can 1-shot or badly injure a lot of different builds you might as well take advantage.

I was thinking of something like that except doing it in a way like... Persures and the R2 of the MLGS and timing it so if the person dodged one the'll be getting hit by the other and vice versa.

Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:14 pm

Mellekilla19 wrote:I've been working on a Build for the 360(Yes I know it's a little nooby but I rarely do PvP as it is so keep that in mind)
    I plan on getting better spells so a few of them are place holders for now.
    This is an already existing character and I don't plan to change the level so please also keep that in mind all I really need is help planning on a new character which is less nooby but is also pretty good.

http://mmdks.com/2li4

Gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Mellekilla19 wrote:

I was thinking of something like that except doing it in a way like... Persures and the R2 of the MLGS and timing it so if the person dodged one the'll be getting hit by the other and vice versa.

Pursuers is fine/better than crystal soul mass, I just dislike things that take up two slots big grin. You can certainly spare it with the amount of attunement you have, even just by dropping repair and buying powder if you really need it.

Someone made a good point about all the magic dmg. You might want at least 1 non-magic source so you don't get hosed by GMB or opposing magic shield casts/havel greatshields.
    Mellekilla19
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Mellekilla19 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:59 am

TheMeInTeam wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:

Pursuers is fine/better than crystal soul mass, I just dislike things that take up two slots big grin. You can certainly spare it with the amount of attunement you have, even just by dropping repair and buying powder if you really need it.

Someone made a good point about all the magic dmg. You might want at least 1 non-magic source so you don't get hosed by GMB or opposing magic shield casts/havel greatshields.

There is a reason I gave myself 20 Dex, Strength, and faith. happy
    I was planning to switch at points and use the Artorias Great Sword, or another weapon of considerable power like that.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:03 am

Mellekilla19 wrote:
    TheMeInTeam wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:

Pursuers is fine/better than crystal soul mass, I just dislike things that take up two slots . You can certainly spare it with the amount of attunement you have, even just by dropping repair and buying powder if you really need it.

There is a reason I gave myself 20 Dex, Strength, and faith.
    I was planning to switch at points and use the Artorias Great Sword, or another weapon of considerable power like that.
    won't scale well, the presidia great-sword on the otherhand.....

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Mellekilla19 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:46 am

raecor14 wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:
    TheMeInTeam wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:

Pursuers is fine/better than crystal soul mass, I just dislike things that take up two slots . You can certainly spare it with the amount of attunement you have, even just by dropping repair and buying powder if you really need it.

The what greatsword?

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:51 am

Mellekilla19 wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:
    TheMeInTeam wrote:
    Mellekilla19 wrote:

The what greatsword?
    Obsidian, sorry new keyboard. getting used to it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:18 pm