For people who deal with me.

    Share
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    For people who deal with me.

    Post by Forum Pirate on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:20 pm

    I found this, it describes me well.

    1) Expect debate. I enjoy tearing things apart to understand them and to prove (or disprove) their worthiness.
    I will gladly argue a point I don't actually support, just for the sake of argument or to probe things. This bears repeating: I can easily and persuasively assume a point of view which is wholly contrary to my actual conviction. If in doubt, ask.

    2) I do have a strong sense of humour, often dry and quick, but also a bit warped. It can easily take a morbid streak.

    3) Expect blunt, honest, sometimes even hurtful answers: if you don't want to hear the truth, you wouldn't ask, would you?


    4) I like to do lists, enumerations, pattern sorting and putting things into an ordered state (ordered for me, not necessarily for the rest of the world).


    5) Statements you can't back up with either solid facts or solid reasoning will at best be ignored and at worst poked fun at in ways not many people would describe as nice.


    6) Try to be both concise and precise. Using 81 woolly words where 18 sharp ones would suffice will not endear you to me.
    I do love wordplay though: if you can re-package your 81 woolly words in a witty, unexpected, esoteric fashion, I'll appreciate that.


    7) Don't expect me to respect anything you (or some other authorities) say just because you (or some other authorities) say it. I bow to one authority only: rationality.


    8) For me truth is more important than simply being right, so I will readily admit errors or mistakes (once they have been convinced something they said or did was indeed wrong — to convince them may not be easy though). I unfortunately expect others to work likewise (and react bewildered if they don't).


    9) Stick to a statement after being proven wrong by facts or reasoning and I will treat you as an irrational idiot and everything you say as probable nonsense.


    10) Try not to be repetitive. It bores me to death.


    11) Clumsy attempts at political correctness and similar aberrations will greatly amuse them.


    12) Don't be surprised at sarcasm, hyperbole and flippancy. In fact, a non-sarcastic me must be severely ill.


    13) Expect punctuality and exactness. They try hard to be on time and they hate unpunctual-ness, especially of the casual sort: the words obsessive-compulsive come to mind.


    14) They tend to be quite forgetful in everyday life, especially for trivial things like car keys, dropped tools or anniversaries.


    15) You can't trust that I take something, anything for granted. I do take some things for granted, but you'll never know what and what not.


    16) Remember that I believe in workable solutions. I am open-minded to all and every possibility, but I will quickly discard any concept they deem unfeasible.


    17) My way of showing that something you say (an idea, a suggestion) has potential or merit is by trying to pull it apart (which shocks those poor souls who instead expected awe or admiration). The ultimate insult to an idea or suggestion is to ignore it altogether, because that means it's not even interesting enough to deconstruct.


    18) I can and will make themselves and everything else (and again, I mean everything) the butt of my jokes, witticisms and deeply nonsensical remarks.


    19) Do not expect me to care very much about how you view me. I already know that many people see me as "arrogant bastard with a weird sense of humour" and I long since got used to it.


    Last edited by Forum Pirate on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4317
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2013-05-12
    Age : 20
    Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

    Re: For people who deal with me.

    Post by Encore on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:22 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:I found this, it describes me well.

    Expect debate. I enjoy tearing things apart to understand them and to prove (or disprove) their worthiness.
    I will gladly argue a point I don't actually support, just for the sake of argument or to probe things. This bears repeating: I can easily and persuasively assume a point of view which is wholly contrary to my actual conviction. If in doubt, ask.

    I do have a strong sense of humour, often dry and quick, but also a bit warped. It can easily take a morbid streak.

    Expect blunt, honest, sometimes even hurtful answers: if you don't want to hear the truth, you wouldn't ask, would you?


    I like to do lists, enumerations, pattern sorting and putting things into an ordered state (ordered for me, not necessarily for the rest of the world).


    Statements you can't back up with either solid facts or solid reasoning will at best be ignored and at worst poked fun at in ways not many people would describe as nice.


    Try to be both concise and precise. Using 81 woolly words where 18 sharp ones would suffice will not endear you to me.
    I do love wordplay though: if you can re-package your 81 woolly words in a witty, unexpected, esoteric fashion, I'll appreciate that.


    Don't expect me to respect anything you (or some other authorities) say just because you (or some other authorities) say it. I bow to one authority only: rationality.


    For me truth is more important than simply being right, so I will readily admit errors or mistakes (once they have been convinced something they said or did was indeed wrong — to convince them may not be easy though). I unfortunately expect others to work likewise (and react bewildered if they don't).


    Stick to a statement after being proven wrong by facts or reasoning and I will treat you as an irrational idiot and everything you say as probable nonsense.


    Try not to be repetitive. It bores me to death.


    Clumsy attempts at political correctness and similar aberrations will greatly amuse them.


    Don't be surprised at sarcasm, hyperbole and flippancy. In fact, a non-sarcastic me must be severely ill.


    Expect punctuality and exactness. They try hard to be on time and they hate unpunctual-ness, especially of the casual sort: the words obsessive-compulsive come to mind.


    They tend to be quite forgetful in everyday life, especially for trivial things like car keys, dropped tools or anniversaries.


    You can't trust that I take something, anything for granted. I do take some things for granted, but you'll never know what and what not.


    Remember that I believe in workable solutions. I am open-minded to all and every possibility, but I will quickly discard any concept they deem unfeasible.


    My way of showing that something you say (an idea, a suggestion) has potential or merit is by trying to pull it apart (which shocks those poor souls who instead expected awe or admiration). The ultimate insult to an idea or suggestion is to ignore it altogether, because that means it's not even interesting enough to deconstruct.


    I can and will make themselves and everything else (and again, I mean everything) the butt of their jokes, witticisms and deeply nonsensical remarks.


    Do not expect me to care very much about how you view them. I already know that many people see them as arrogant bastards with a weird sense of humour and they long since got used to it.

    I liked this. Well done. Nice to meet you.


    _________________
    It is all like the repeating drip of thickening oil...

    Song of Myself
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: For people who deal with me.

    Post by Serious_Much on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:26 pm

    Umm towards the end of your post you started talking about 'them'... who is 'them'?

    BTW, looking at some of your points forum, I'd suggest you go read these lol! : http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t2-forum-guidelines

    I know you love rationality, but bowing down to those rules in my mind supersedes rationality that gets you kicked out Shrug


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1146
    Reputation : 85
    Join date : 2013-04-24
    Age : 21
    Location : 537 Paper Street Soap Company

    Re: For people who deal with me.

    Post by SirArchmage on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:31 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:Umm towards the end of your post you started talking about 'them'... who is 'them'?

    BTW, looking at some of your points forum, I'd suggest you go read these lol! : http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t2-forum-guidelines

    I know you love rationality, but bowing down to those rules in my mind supersedes rationality that gets you kicked out Shrug
    I believe that where he got it from, the person was talking about a specific group of people and was referring to the group as them or they. Not completely sure why the switch between saying I and they though.


    _________________
    :sign: I don't kill you in the most effective of ways. I kill you in the funniest. :sign:
    "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
    -Ernest Hemmingway

    The Heretic was here twisted Mwa haha
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 27
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: For people who deal with me.

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:07 pm

    O-o gosh....
    Spoiler:
    daffodils

    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: For people who deal with me.

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:45 pm

    Forum Pirate pls.


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: For people who deal with me.

    Post by Forum Pirate on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:44 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:Umm towards the end of your post you started talking about 'them'... who is 'them'?

    BTW, looking at some of your points forum, I'd suggest you go read these lol! : http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t2-forum-guidelines

    I know you love rationality, but bowing down to those rules in my mind supersedes rationality that gets you kicked out
    As I said, I found it, and it was indeed referring to a group, I just ran out of time to edit it.

    Anyways, you missed the definition of authority

    c: an individual cited or appealed to as an expert

    from webster.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: For people who deal with me.

    Post by Serious_Much on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:58 pm

    lol, i wouldn't change you for the world :razz:


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: For people who deal with me.

    Post by Forum Pirate on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:07 pm

    I'm just sick of people getting upset because they missinterpreted something I said. Points 1, 5, 9, 12 and 17 are especially relivant.

    I've had numerous.............disagreements that stemmed from people not understanding my intent in instances where these things occured. I'm attempting to preempt any further issues with the explination of how and why I'm doing things. I am almost always trying to be helpful, people just don't know how to see it.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: For people who deal with me.

    Post by RANT on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:30 pm

    i read this like 'fat people who deal with me' i was very disappointed after i read the title again.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: For people who deal with me.

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:26 pm

    RANT wrote:i read this like 'fat people who deal with me' i was very disappointed after i read the title again.
    Me and you. We miss read a lot of things.


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.
    avatar
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1658
    Reputation : 65
    Join date : 2012-01-22

    Re: For people who deal with me.

    Post by bloodpixel on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:03 am

    Forum Pirate wrote:
    1) Expect debate.
    To be perfectly honest pirate I never really expected anything else. Not that that's a bad thing.


    _________________
    avatar
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 272
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2013-05-18
    Age : 21
    Location : Watching YOU read this...what, it's not creepy...

    Re: For people who deal with me.

    Post by wretchedsausage on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:35 am

    It seems we have much in common, Forum Pirate. I too appreciate debate, regardless of whether the contention I put forth has merit, or if I even agree with it. If ever you just want someone to argue with, just let me know...


    _________________
    PSN: ijackhiggins

    "What a shame it is that so little of what can be done actually is"- Me

    "Those who fight with 'honor' are not fighting to win"- Me

    "A try-hard is what a bad loser calls a winner"- robsthedon

    Sponsored content

    Re: For people who deal with me.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:19 pm