Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Exequim
Derpwraith
densetsushun
Railage
Myztyrio
WyrmHero
BartholomewWenceslas
Argetlam350
Slow Dog Noodle
Anonymous Proxy
crbngville2
Elifia
RANT
Sentiel
Carphil
19 posters

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information - Page 5 Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

Post by Onion Knight Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:44 pm

If you can access both beta's then yeah.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information - Page 5 Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

Post by Onion Knight Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:48 pm

Slow Dog Noodle wrote:I just pre-ordered so I'm in too. This game is looking good. This will be my first go-around with a mmorpg as well, so I hope the learning curve isnt too steep. I'm one of those people that usually go with a somewhat obscure class. I think the monk class looks pretty cool from the pics.

Being new to the mmorpg, I'd be interested in some tips as well. Are there people who play that don't use the chat feature at all or is is pretty much necessary? Is there a lot of down time as you're waiting to get a team together? If I can't spend 20 hours a week playing am I going to get left behind?

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to playing this.
    You mean the text chat? Everyone uses that. 

Wait times for grouping is pretty short. The new 'duty finder' feature will make the waiting times even shorter.

No, the game has tonnes of content for all levels. And with 'level synching' for higher level players means you can do dungeons and FATE's with your friends no matter if your friends play it more than you.

Hope this helps.
    Exequim
    Exequim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exequim Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:58 pm

Is there traditional questing? Like for WoW and stuff? I don't want it to be like GW2, where there was one quest and it was difficult to level. .-.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:04 pm

Exequim wrote:Is there traditional questing? Like for WoW and stuff? I don't want it to be like GW2, where there was one quest and it was difficult to level. .-.

There is the main quest, side quests, local quests, FATE's, Skirmishes, Hamlet defence, Leve quests and Dungeons for all your levelling needs.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:29 am

Yeah!!!!! I just got my beta invite!
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:49 am

There was an error with the PS3 invites so they're still sending them out at the moment. Check your inbox's if you hadn't received an invite yesterday.
    Exequim
    Exequim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exequim Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:07 am

Made it to level 10. :o super fun so far. I am going to reroll though. @___@ Not liking the tanking thing.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:17 am

Got the invite as well. Currenlty going through the activation procedure.

It's horrible though. S-E forums don't work at all and the damned site refuses to remember my password. I already registered and everything, now I have to link S/E account to my PSN account, which I dunno how to do and their forums don't help one bit.

Last edited by Sentiel on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Exequim
    Exequim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exequim Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:42 am

So I think other than Videos, Bugs, Music, and Sound. We're able to disclose everything else, iirc.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:45 am

@Sentiel : You link your PSN and SE accounts together once you've downloaded the game. If you've got your SE account authorised for beta then it should do it automatically.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:46 am

@Exequim Yep. Screenshot and talk about the game to your hearts content.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:48 am

I think it's overloaded tbh.
    Everything takes ages to do and nothing seems to work.

If that's so, I owe my modem an apology, cos I kicked a few times.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:50 am

The Servers are going up and down. The first couple of weekends will be stop and start, but it'll get smoother as it goes along.

Also yeah I think account management and the forums are just overloaded with people right now.
    Exequim
    Exequim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exequim Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:03 pm

http://sadpanda.us/images/1667757-FHPS7F8.png

http://sadpanda.us/images/1667759-A31RT46.png

@OK, when do I get to dual wield? ;o
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:11 pm

Nice. ^^

Feel free to post as many as you like. Especially ones of the scenery too. They can be added to the OP then.
    Exequim
    Exequim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exequim Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:34 pm

@_@ They need all the more servers. Not enough characters can be made and worlds are full. siiigh.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:21 pm

So I finally logged in and took a LOT of time creating my character. Then the game asks me in which Wolrd I want to play in.
    Group NA/EU was offline. Unable to retrieve data.
    Group JP has ALL of the worlds full, so the character creation screen won't allow me to finish and so I had to scrap all of my work.

Kinda pissed atm.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Well just go access and now downloading it.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome to the world of beta testing.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:32 pm

That didn't help me one bit bro. :/
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:33 pm

Lots of people are on the linkshell mumble chat raging. I'm just doing other things till the servers come back up.

Still the rest of today and two days after to get stuck in.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:37 pm

Aha, so there are actually NA/EU servers. Good. I was afraid I'm gonna have to wait till someone from the JP servers bites the dust.

Thanks Onionbro. ^^
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Yep, not sure why they are down. Should be back up at somepoint today.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:31 pm

By the sounds of things the servers are all back up.
    Slow Dog Noodle
    Slow Dog Noodle

Post by Slow Dog Noodle Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:42 pm

I'm going through the registration process now. The square site is definitely slow. Hopefully i'll be able to download the beta and get a character going tonight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm