Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Serious_Much
Baal-Avatar
6 posters

Rich “FilthieRich” Bantegui - Leaving As Community Manger

Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Rich “FilthieRich” Bantegui - Leaving As Community Manger  Empty Rich “FilthieRich” Bantegui - Leaving As Community Manger

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:55 am

Not sure if you have all seen this...or that you care, but Rich “FilthieRich” Bantegui is leaving as the community manager for NAMCO BANDAI games. I just thought I would share:

https://www.facebook.com/darksouls

-----

Posted on Facebook:
    I’m posting to announce that today Friday May 31st, will be my last day at NAMCO BANDAI Games.

It’s been such an amazing 3 years learning, building, interacting and playing with all of you. I am having a lot of difficulty writing this message because there are so many thoughts and memories that come to mind as I summarize my time at NAMCO BANDAI. I will definitely miss my time here as I move on…

I was never given a “how to be a community manager” manual when I joined my team, but with the support of my peers and the community, we’ve painted this beautiful picture telling the world about the importance of the community. I am forever in debt to my peers and all of you for this amazing opportunity, and would like to thank you all.

Although this chapter of my career here has come to an end, I will always be a NAMCO BANDAI Games fan. This is simply the beginning of a new story in my life, and I promise that you will still hear of the crazy antics of “filthierich” in the world of gaming.

My love for games has brought me through this amazing journey, and with enough determination and passion, it can happen to you too. Our communities are strong, intelligent, and most of all passionate. We should continue to inspire each other, and never let the fun side of things wash away.

The next generation of gamers rest in our hands. Together we must grow our family, build and let passion, kindness and creativity drive us.

Rest assured there will be a new community manager that will come in to give all of you the latest news about your favorite NAMCO BANDAI games. In the meantime, visit facebook.com/DarkSouls for news and future updates.

I hope all of you will extend your support to the next community manager as you have to me.

- Rich “FilthieRich” Bantegui
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Rich “FilthieRich” Bantegui - Leaving As Community Manger  Empty Re: Rich “FilthieRich” Bantegui - Leaving As Community Manger

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:57 am

I don't get the significance.. Was he involved in dark souls im guessing?
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Rich “FilthieRich” Bantegui - Leaving As Community Manger  Empty Re: Rich “FilthieRich” Bantegui - Leaving As Community Manger

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:58 am

This content is on the Dark Souls page Facebook page. He was the community manager for Dark souls. Like I said, I am just sharing.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:11 pm

I knew I should have posted this when I saw it, but Baal had to steal my thunder!

Curses.

I am wondering why they are replacing him, I suppose the Dark Souls Facebook has been alright but he could probably be doing a lot more to network and get people interested in Dark Souls.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:40 pm

Tolvo wrote:I am wondering why they are replacing him, I suppose the Dark Souls Facebook has been alright but he could probably be doing a lot more to network and get people interested in Dark Souls.
    Just in time for E3? He was very active with dark souls promotion at E3 2011 and other dark souls related stuff leading up to the game-release. I'm guessing they are trying something new with the dark souls 2 marketing, it looks like they are throwing a lot of money and resources at it.

And thanks Rich, I wish you all the best in your future endeavours!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Yeah, E3 coming up could mean that maybe they are going a new direction or maybe they managed to hire someone that they wanted over him. Or perhaps there's just stuff behind the scenes we really can't understand.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:43 pm

I wonder who the new manager is now and what will happen when E3 hits?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:06 pm

When ya gotta go, ya gotta go... Shrug

Sounds like a nice man I wish him well. Proper Bow

It doesn't seem like a "I just got terminated, time to save face" letter imo. I don't know the facts, but maybe he got a better job? Maybe some of the new marketing strategies were going to cut into his family time too much?

Whatever the case may be, you sound cool to me bud, you play Dark Souls, so...well...

...may the force be with you. Point Up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:29 pm