Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Soris Ice Goldwing
silentmonkey3
swordiris
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
billy_bayonet
chaz0612
shadowzninjaz
WhiteFatalisLegacy3
JamieJae
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Icegodzilla
Latitoast
Halicarnassis
DarkMoon Kaiser
HereticForLife
Encore
zwanzig-tausend
22 posters

Messengers of Velka Reign

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Messengers of Velka Reign - Page 15 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka Reign

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:51 am

Jansports wrote:No one talks about my builds. Even when I'm gone for like 4 days due to doctors. =(
    I seen your builds. What can a novice like me even do to help you?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:02 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I seen your builds. What can a novice like me even do to help you?

See?  I'm not the only one.  Told ya!
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:25 am

I don't know, just everyone else is talking about each others build for the event, I feel left out sometimes.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:37 pm

Don't feel left out... I did say this:

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:Sweet builds, Jans.  The fastroll katana build I mentioned earlier uses the giants gauntlets+wolf combo too.  That's an under-rated poise break, IMO.  I know you like replenishment, though if it were me I'd use 2 wogs.  You could also use the scimitar instead (6-less AR) and get 1 full unit of weight for a 3-unit shield or use one of the non-Priscilla daggers or a bow (composite or short) as back-up.

about your SL 55 brandon-build.  I wasn't entirely joking about feeling insecure about commenting on your builds.  The only reason I said anything above is because I 'discovered' the scimitar a while ago and I'm eager to spread the word. silly Also, the "ZOMG! Messengers of Velka Reign - Page 15 PogchampWolf-Giants!  I just did that!" factor.

And as for your SL 80 builds, I got nothin'.  If you want help on your builds -- make worse builds! silly
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

I am not letting this place go quiet for three days. Guess I'll end my break and start DMing again just for this place.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:24 pm

I had a bad day yesterday.  However, I did not die and am therefore stronger and back with more determination and resolve than ever!  I will not be destroyed by other people's negativity nor will I allow their opinions to define me.  

Velka guide us... Prayer 

PS -- Getting back to business...
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:25 pm

The Event is this Saturday!!  Get Ready!! Get Excited!! And Promote!!

New Promotional Thread
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:29 pm

Did some sparing with Hugh for our fencing competition. Looking to be an interesting event and I'm confident with the strength of my build.

New poise banana sword pressure build wrecks sinners as well.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Yes, Sword that is a strong build.  I on the other hand, at the very least, underestimated the difference poise would make.  I think I'm going to have to match my opponent's poise -- I had hoped to get by with 8.  Also, I was worried about damage output because I leveled int to wield Velka's.  Ironically, I think the elemental weapons were doing less damage.

In a general sense, we were only invaded once while together -- which is encouraging.  I had been concerned with that since everyone will have sub-optimal builds and set-ups.  And I believe we were undefeated in fending off invaders.  And I decided to add to the OP that matches should reset in the event of an accidental BS.  
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:47 am

I'll be able to make it, but I'll be using a sub optimal build due to some unforseen stuff taking up my time. I simply wont be able to complete sl100 from scratch keeping in mind I must buy out logan's stash to get the sage robe and I'd need to Ng+ to get simple garunteed slabs.

It shouldn't hinder me too much I'll just be on my existing Sl100 Dex/pyro so really only the attunment points and a few in strength are "wasted" I'll still have my armor set up and weapons and should be able to get them upgraded.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:16 am

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:Welcome Jans!  Let me know if you need anything (main: HughGJohnson mule: Velkas_Vengeance)... not only do I have the mule, but a few toons on my main have double stacks of 99 or 999 of just about any remotely useful item.

The mule offer still stands, Jans.
    silentmonkey3
    silentmonkey3

Post by silentmonkey3 Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:36 am

Hey, I'd like to join the Messengers of Velka please. If there's anything I need to do in order to join please let me know. Thank you happy.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Welcome silentmonkey
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Well my data managed to get corrupted at the fencing event.

Seen a fog gate indicating an invader was coming but I was trying to invade Hugh's world for some fencing. I hit quit game to return to the main menu so I wouldn't hold anyone up. When I tried to reload it said "Failed to load save data."

It wasn't just the fencing build either but every single build I ever made. Needless to say I'm very angry.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:15 am

I hope the fencing event went smoothly I spent the better part of the past 3 days in various beds on various medications. I don't know how much time I'll be playing before an upcoming surgery that I need to have done, so I might be absent for some time.

Don't worry too much I've had several operations because of my disease and this one isn't very different and it's highly unlikely anything could go wrong.

In the meantime I leave you with the 150 Super DSS build I romp around with, honestly I feel 150 is a wee bit too high but I get constant action in the forest and look all kinds of amazing.

http://mmdks.com/38vu
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:51 am

Sorry to hear that, Jans.  I hope everything goes well and you're healthy soon.

The fencing event went well.  We had group of people in the chat well before the official event start.  Of course the way summoning works that only meant we were able to start on time. silly   We had 6 or 7 people and two hosts going almost right away, then things kinda got rough.  Some people had to go, Sword's data got corrupted and then he had to go before I could mule him.  We might have been able to at least get that done had someone not picked up my sign not once, but twice. rolling eyes  Even though I had it pretty well hidden and I had left him humanity & BCed immediately the first time... Look Skyward

Unfortunately after that I don't think we had more than 3 or 4 people at once.  Nevertheless, we got in a lot of matches and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.  The matches were high quality;  I was very pleased how well the combat played out and impressed with the skill displayed.  It wasn't about R1 spam or parry spam; there was a lot of strategy and skill involved.  

The matches were also very entertaining and dramatic to watch.  Not that I didn't think they would be, but it was much better than I had even hoped.  We had a few amazing combacks and close calls.  The matches were quick and dense with action.  Any lull was momentary and just increased the tension.  I was very proud of the quality of combat we produced with the format.  I really wish we could have recorded some combat.  It was unfortunate that so many of the people who helped me create this event were unable to see the fruits of their labor let alone participate.  

There were a few things I had been worried about.  Ironically; nobody said anything about them even though there was plenty of criticism for the event from people who had never tried it and in some cases seemed to not understand the concept.  One: random invaders -- they were annoying considering everyone was on a severely handicapped build.  However, we didn't have too many once we got more than one person in one world.  And since it was the Parish; many of the invaders died after like 4 or 5 rapier pokes! LOL   Two: poise -- Havel's Helm was never a consideration, however, I was kinda talked into allowing 11-15 poise helms.  I wasn't that worried about it until I sparred against Sword.  Even though I was kinda trying stuff out, I felt like was nowhere near competitive not being able to tank as many hits as he was.  It turned out to be a non-issue, because everyone (including me) came with a 11-15 poise helm, I believe.  And I think it might be better to have even more poise... maybe.  Three: Riccard's Rapier -- that wasn't a concern at all until I fought Sword.  I'm still not sure if Riccard's was only a problem for me because of the poise or because of that R2.  I was determined to parry that thing against Sword and I absolutely could not for the life of me, then I'd get stun-locked and I'd be backing off popping another humanity before I knew it.  I faced Riccard's a few times, but nobody used it as extensively or the way Sword did... so I'm still not sure about it to be honest.  

So of my concerns; Riccards' was a non-issue, poise was fine (and we could experiment adding more, if anything) and the invaders were merely annoying.  And everything else was as good or better than I had hoped.  Well, there was one other concern... attendance.  The attendance was not very good, unfortunately.  However, we were at least sparring with 2 or 3 people most of the day.  So, as I said, we had a lot of high-quality matches and a lot of fun!
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:43 am

I'm getting back to patrolling Dark Anor Londo since the event is over now and I'm pretty comfortable with my guardian build for the Darkstalker event.  I'm running into more and more people who stand on that outer ledge with the fog ring on.  I was on my mage Mage  this time, so no wog to knock them down.  Fortunately the MLGS is great for that too! big grin I missed the plunge attack on the first guy, though... sad-- but, both the follow-up swings landed and he turned to mist. RIP in Peace.  devil 

The second troll had a red in his world when I got there.  I went up the stairs on my way to the broken window and the red checked the boss room.  I was glad to be rid of him -- never know about those guys.  Sure enough, I spot a faint figure on the ledge.  This time it doesn't go to plan, however, he moves over and tries to use force as I go for the R2.  Apparently I fell before I did the R2 because my durability wasn't lowered.  I landed on him and knocked him off though and went for a plunge attack.  I landed it, but on the red!  Oops blushing the red was smart though and didn't take it personal.  The host was able to get away and heal.   He avoided a CSS running up the stairs and then disappeared.  I decided not to chase and went to the area he'd drop if he went back to the ledge.  I didn't see him and didn't see any evidence of him or a fight anywhere.  I just decided I was being stupid for coming back and kinda kicking myself... right then the host drops out of the sky and lands right at my feet.  I couldn't have scripted it better!  

I also had a bizarre invasion where I spawned by where the first gargoyle fight is in Dark Anor Londo.  The host and a sunbro run by me as I'm spawning to the stairs, I go towards the stairs and the stairs go down... except the host and the sunbro stay... in midair.  They're standing there waiting for me, but even if I was dumb enough to trust that I wouldn't fall -- I'm too skerd of heights to walk on invisible pathways (more than I have to, at least -- I HATE the Crystal Caves).  So, I drew them out -- promptly crushed them both then of course ran for the invisible staircase to test my theory.  I was right!  The staircase wasn't invisible... You Died 
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:12 am

Sorry for my absence but I life gets hard and you have to lose some things. I still am here just not often.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:03 am

After thinking I think it is time I freelance DM when I can. Not playing much showed me I did all I can so I shall wait for the new game to go at invading again full time.
    silentmonkey3
    silentmonkey3

Post by silentmonkey3 Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Hey guys, has anyone had any luck invading the Painted World recently? I'm just asking because I can't seem to get an invasion there to save my life haha.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:03 am

The painted world is one of the few places I can reliably get invasions anymore.  I even tried screwing around with some different SLs to get some questers and it didn't go very well.  If you can't get enough invasions in the painting, try the Demon Ruins (firesage area of course silly).
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:18 pm

I still seem to do best in Township and New Londo. A lot of people co op 4 kings and a lot of those people are filthy sinners trying to learn the forbidden art of humanity drain.

Wiggity wahhh
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:15 am

I realized if I truly left you guys would replace me or the place would die. Not letting that happen anytime soon I tell you right now! I will only watch this thread an two others here but don't expect many post from me.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:07 pm

HD cord broke recently I need a new one.

I think I might be done with DkS until DkS2 releases. I will still pop in once in a while but I wish to make Hugh leader of the covenant. Might come back to DkS1 if I'm feeling it. I have like 10 games that I haven't even touched because of Dark Souls (And I really want to spend some time on them!) Already got AC3 out of the way. Working on Disgaea 4 and a few rpg's at the moment.

Anyways I'm not as interested in the game atm and Hugh still is. Since he has impressed me with the fencing planning he is the leader now until Dark Souls 2 releases.

I might play some more Dark Souls during its lifespan but it will be as a member not a leader. By DkS2 our covenant will be a big time player (it already is!) well thank you everyone.
    silentmonkey3
    silentmonkey3

Post by silentmonkey3 Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:29 pm

I'll keep trying the Painted World then. I've been messing around with PvP in the Burg the last few days for the first time ever and it's been fun. Hopefully I can get some invasion in at the Painted World though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm