Philosophy Time

    Share
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Philosophy Time

    Post by Dibsville on Fri May 31, 2013 8:07 pm

    I made my reasoning. You just won't see from my point of view, so you say my argument is flawed. Just because you won't change your views doesn't mean mine are wrong. This topic can be discussed to the end of time. Why? Because it is a paradox. A paradox can never be solved, which is why it's called a damn paradox. My views differ from yours, which is the point of a paradox. From my point of view, your ideas are also flawed, but at least I consider your ideas instead of thinking of them as outright wrong.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Philosophy Time

    Post by Tolvo on Fri May 31, 2013 8:11 pm

    Dibs you were factually wrong though, you wouldn't work with definitions that exist for the sake of communication and seemed to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing.

    Either you know very little of the subject matter, or you're just trolling us. Personally I'm more inclined to believe the latter with how unreasonable you have been, as such I have reported the thread for trolling. In either case it should probably be closed due to all of the religious discussions going on here and how it may make people uncomfortable.

    EDIT: This is my last post in the thread, I'm done feeding the troll.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Philosophy Time

    Post by Serious_Much on Fri May 31, 2013 8:12 pm

    It's because your logic is flawed not different from my opinion. Let me point out a few obvious flaws in your argument.

    1) The rock is omnipotent if it can't be lifted- obviously it just has to be heavier than what god can lift, it doesn't meann it's omnipotent.

    2) The rock is not a being. It's an inanimate REALLY HEAVY object

    3)The rock cannot be omnipotent- it's not capable of action. If something is incapable of action then it cannot be omnipotent, by definition.

    I'm not being a prick here dibs, I'm explaining to you that your argument isn't a possible explanation in any way.

    I'm leaving too.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 263
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-09-09
    Age : 22
    Location : England

    Re: Philosophy Time

    Post by Peaceful Wollyhop on Fri May 31, 2013 8:15 pm

    Reads the first 2 pages. Hears a rock get mentioned. Skips to the last 2 pages...still talking about rock.



    _________________


    XBLG - DesertFoX 797
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Philosophy Time

    Post by Dibsville on Fri May 31, 2013 8:16 pm

    @Tolvo
    It's a paradox, there's not facts about it. It's an unsolvable conundrum that can be discussed until there are no possibilities left to discuss.

    And each one of the possibilities contradict each other.

    I also think you missed the point of the thread. Serious was the one who brought up the topic, not me. I am not trolling, nor am I stupid. My arguments are valid and can be supported, just as yours can. The exception is that I am part of the minority on this subject.

    Either way, I'd agree that the religious discussion from before was a little overboard. But again, that was not my doing, you're the one who brought it up, not me. You two both disagree with me just because I'm arguing against something that you both brought up. If you didn't want me to argue, then you shouldn't have said it. It's that simple.

    If you honestly think that I'm stupid just because of something you did, then you're probably biased against me somehow. Don't judge me because I disagree with you.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Philosophy Time

    Post by Serious_Much on Fri May 31, 2013 8:20 pm

    I will break my silence to say I have zero bias against anyone on this forum dibs. I make a point to try and get on with everyone and treat all fairly and equally, even with banter and discussion.

    I don't think you're stupid either, I think you've just misunderstood the aim of the discussion i proposed, which took it off track


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Philosophy Time

    Post by Dibsville on Fri May 31, 2013 8:24 pm

    I'm sorry, but please, reread everything I've said. I say something, then one of you disagrees, then I try to validate my point, and one of you brings up something on a somewhat related subject, but different in a way.

    I did nothing to take this thread off track, I've only been responding to what you guys have said. You can see that if you reread it. I did not misunderstand.

    Tolvo gave up a suggestion, God could remove his omnipotencty, then I said that would mean that he could not get it back, as the boulder would now be omnipotent. It went from there.

    I did nothing to get off track, I only answered you guys and defended my own posts.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4317
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2013-05-12
    Age : 20
    Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

    Re: Philosophy Time

    Post by Encore on Fri May 31, 2013 8:28 pm

    This is still silly.


    _________________
    It is all like the repeating drip of thickening oil...

    Song of Myself
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 24
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Philosophy Time

    Post by Serious_Much on Fri May 31, 2013 8:28 pm

    Look dibs, I'm just leaving the thread now. I'm very sorry but I believe the discussion is over. Who's fault it is matters not now, and really that nothing is ever only one person's fault.

    However dibs you made a personal comment on my integrity, which you will understand as a person in a position of responsibility is not something I should be and I'm saddened you feel that way. I reiterate again, I have no bias whatsoever dibs. I'm now leaving as nothing good is coming of this thread.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Philosophy Time

    Post by Dibsville on Fri May 31, 2013 8:33 pm

    If I made a comment against you, I apologise.

    But then again, Tolvo came to two conclusions: Either I was stupid or I was trolling. Looking at my post count and join date, as well as the type of posts that I commit to here, any person biased to me being a spammer who doesn't actually take comments to consideration would come to those conclusions immediately. There are many other reasons why I may be doing what I'm doing, but the fact is he came to the conclusion that it was one of those two, and in fact, it was neither.

    Either way, it was fun at first, but at the end I felt like a victim, so my posts are defensive. Do not misjudge me and think that I'm someone who will go around to insult people, because off of the top of my head I can only think of two people on the entire forums that I dislike.

    I did not mean to be derogatory if I did insult you, but look at it from my point of view. I'm being called both stupid and a troll, as well as being told I am utterly wrong and flawed. I think anyone in my position would defend themselves too, but I simply took it to the next level because that's just the type of person I am.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

    Posts : 1433
    Reputation : 311
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: Philosophy Time

    Post by FexDS on Fri May 31, 2013 8:41 pm

    Enough of this pointless back and forth, take it to PMs.

    I have no issues with anyone discussing serious matters and concepts in an organised fashion. This thread is lacking on a set of rules to debate by, and thus descends into pointless argumentative without backing or logical thought, where people purposefully twist semantics and apply absurdity to try and justify fallacies.

    If you continue with this, I will have to close the thread as it will inevitably lead to personal attacks between posters


    _________________
    Support the sites. Visit Fextralife, subscribe, comment, contribute.
    Content and idea submissions can be sent to me by PM on these forums.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Philosophy Time

    Post by Dibsville on Fri May 31, 2013 8:43 pm

    I apologise Fex. If you would, could you please close the thread as of right now? It's not going to end well.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Philosophy Time

    Post by Tolvo on Fri May 31, 2013 8:50 pm

    I actually do have bias against people, but I generally do my best to throw my prejudice aside when posting. I admit that sometimes I forget to, while I think Dibs is wrong about many things in this thread he is right about one thing, I could have been a lot more polite about how I went about discussing things. I apologize for my liberal use of words like retarded and troll.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Philosophy Time

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:48 pm