Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
barecanvas
bloodpixel
6 posters

The Dragonslayer Spear has quite a long range.

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Dragonslayer Spear has quite a long range. Empty The Dragonslayer Spear has quite a long range.

Post by bloodpixel Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:09 am

I stopped using it because I thought it was sort of cheap. The range is so long that it can punish almost any weapon.
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

The Dragonslayer Spear has quite a long range. Empty Re: The Dragonslayer Spear has quite a long range.

Post by barecanvas Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:27 am

I parried that spear. I felt so happy! But ya it does have crazy range, but it kinda sucks after lvl 120 imo
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

The Dragonslayer Spear has quite a long range. Empty Re: The Dragonslayer Spear has quite a long range.

Post by JY4answer Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:28 am

barecanvas wrote:I parried that spear. I felt so happy! But ya it does have crazy range, but it kinda sucks after lvl 120 imo

Are you serious? It sucks BEFORE 120.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:39 am

I think its ok at pvp, since the real deal its to fight two handed and so you are vulnarable. I still didn't used, but I fought a lot of people with it. Lets say, 5 from 10 people were just poking behind eagle shield. For me thats cheap, but its my fault because I'm lazy to do a Shotel
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:50 am

I thought the Dragonslayer Spear would be awesome, but it came out that The Demon's Spear is much better for me (at least at this time). It's not that damn heavy, and it seems to have an even longer range. I think. :|

Anyway I love it. Scales C with str and dex with 150 physical + 180 lightning base damage at +5, way better for my build, which has 40 str and dex at sl 130 currently. Does almost 500 damage in total.

And no, spears are not cheap in my oppinion. It's funny how many people say that while at the same time saying that "cookie cutter" flipping tanks are not cheap at all, because "what's wrong with people just wearing what gives them the most advantages". Yeah well, I also use that spear when I need it's specific advantages, but it also has its disadvantages. You are more likely to get backstabbed if you make a wrong move because of the narrow hitbox, and if someone continues to poke from behind their shield, it really isn't that hard to break through it, the game offers you numerous ways to do so...

I especially use this spear when it's a 2 on 1 situation. Once as I was invading the forest (I hated this covenant) I was using it against 2 douchey farmers. It was a ridiculous fight actually, I kept running backwards and poking them from a distance while they were constantly trying to "surround" me for a backstab. They kept chasing me through the forest and were constantly failing to hit my even once, and finally I even managed to drain the hosts health to almost minimum. He ran away to heal while his sunbro continued going after me, and after the host healed he joined us again. So I kept strafing away from them while I had no idea were I was going, of course it had to happen sooner or later that I finally run of a cliff, and a second later I saw the sunbro jumping after me. I took this as a win. big grin One of the view times I had a fun time in the forest.

But yeah, it's awesome to have that spear for particular situations.

I don't think the Dragonslayer Spear is going to get better if I keep my faith at its base, no?
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:11 pm

barecanvas wrote:I parried that spear. I felt so happy! But ya it does have crazy range, but it kinda sucks after lvl 120 imo

But did you riposte? Since you're 4 meters away from the enemy... lol
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by barecanvas Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:23 pm

Hylian wrote:

But did you riposte? Since you're 4 meters away from the enemy... lol
    YEA! I felt so accomplished

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:47 pm