Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
tonberryking01
Encore
SirArchmage
TheMeInTeam
LunarFog
ICEFANG
xenon_nobelium
AnCapaillMor
tofucactaur
Seignar
14 posters

[Sl100] Help with this unique Dragon build?

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

[Sl100] Help with this unique Dragon build? Empty [Sl100] Help with this unique Dragon build?

Post by Seignar Fri May 31, 2013 10:32 am

For some reason, completely unknown to me, this build just can't win
    Whatever could be wrong with it? It has the HP and the power, yet I get killed so easily. This requires the combined intellect of all forumites to perfect this unique dragon build. How could this build be so bad?

Help.
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

[Sl100] Help with this unique Dragon build? Empty Re: [Sl100] Help with this unique Dragon build?

Post by tofucactaur Fri May 31, 2013 10:34 am

i think the resistance stat allocation is the only thing going for this build....
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

[Sl100] Help with this unique Dragon build? Empty Re: [Sl100] Help with this unique Dragon build?

Post by AnCapaillMor Fri May 31, 2013 10:42 am

First time i've ever come across a fat rolling dragon. Your defense is going to screw you and the fat roll is seriously going to screw you. It's unique i'll give it that.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Fri May 31, 2013 12:40 pm

you have 20+ statpoints wasted that just scream to be put in endurance...dragon needs to quickroll imo http://mmdks.com/2jp2 dunno if both spells act as a body buff and can't be used together though.
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Fri May 31, 2013 12:56 pm

lol
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Fri May 31, 2013 1:00 pm

oof that looks pretty bad to be honest.

As other's have said, you will need to fast roll, as well as, you will be poisoned, the only build I've made that was slightly resistant is G Halberd a res from 11->15, and that was worth the investment, but at this point? No its not. Plus you need to be wearing the bloodbite ring if anything, and more END so you don't bleed out on your own strikes.

Pyromancer saves a level, so you need to use that.

This is the build done better, don't worry about Iron Flesh unless you actually have armor as well underneath, it isn't worth it alone.

http://mmdks.com/2jp5

You need to add another back up weapon probably, maybe a Rapier, Spear, or Bow, perhaps a bleed weapon like a Katana, but if you did it like that, you would have 2 solid shields as well.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri May 31, 2013 1:20 pm

QQ. The link won't work for me
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri May 31, 2013 2:53 pm

Ok HP, but terrible endurance (IE no sustained offense at all), terrible speed, bad armor, no poise at all does not make for a good combination. People with heavy weapons can just trade with you and you'll be insta-stunlocked. Heck, even light weapons can do that because you have literally no poise, so just taking a hit from a falchion, spear, even a dagger would stagger you. That's bad news, because you can't evade them either with fat rolling. If one is to even CONSIDER fat rolling, you want very high poise (76 minimum), allowing you to win trades and play off that ability.

I can't see running poisonbite ring unless you want to pair it with rusted iron ring and invade blighttown constantly. Even then, simply running poisonbite + spider shield would be fine and dragon wouldn't be the best setup for trolling there.

Endurance is good for more than just equip weight (though you need some of that, too). If you aren't a PURE caster, endurance is a critical stat to level. Resistance is borderline worthless to level up.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Fri May 31, 2013 4:17 pm

Words don't describe all the wrongness in this build. I am pretty sure you are being sarcastic with this, but nonetheless, stick to one weapon, lower the health, switch to wolf ring, get Black flame, contemplate on your horrible decision making skills in Dark Souls then make sure you can fast roll.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Fri May 31, 2013 4:28 pm

Why... Why did you put points into resistance?
    tonberryking01
    tonberryking01
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tonberryking01 Fri May 31, 2013 4:43 pm

I think it's alright to up your Resistance IF you already have your Vit/End at 50/40 and have the Str/Dex/Int/Faith for the weapons and spells you want to use. Never prioritize Resistance over Endurance. With no armor, you don't need much End for the fast roll, but leaving it at base level is suicide.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri May 31, 2013 4:51 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=396609853668666321

i get your choice of the stone gs with iron flesh as the stngs's slow spell actaully can be cast with body buffs in effect whereas twop cannot. so heres a fast rolling stone gs dragon who will bleed out after one strike with the scythe..... inshort i'd recommend usinng the regular scythe.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri May 31, 2013 5:19 pm

>mfw people actually taking this seriously

Guys, it's a joke. Poisonbite ring, Stone GS, Resistance, fat roll with no poise, LIFEHUNT SCYTHE AS A DRAGON!? You will bleed yourself out every time you hit the opponent, I don't know how you can give him actual advice with a straight face.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Fri May 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:>mfw people actually taking this seriously

Guys, it's a joke. Poisonbite ring, Stone GS, Resistance, fat roll with no poise, LIFEHUNT SCYTHE AS A DRAGON!? You will bleed yourself out every time you hit the opponent, I don't know how you can give him actual advice with a straight face.
    It is official. Ghandi tells the future. He changed his profile picture yesterday for an appropriate reaction picture today.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri May 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Hahaha, I think it works as an all-purpose reaction image.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri May 31, 2013 9:22 pm

Araragi has the best reactions.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri May 31, 2013 9:30 pm

of course its a joke, but not having a witty response im going to take it seriously to keep the thread alive long enough for something funny to happen.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri May 31, 2013 9:41 pm

You're pissing off the Dragon Gods by not using a Dragon Weapon. This infuriates them to the point of directly having you invaded by sl 200+ twinks.

Try using a dragon wep, and I bet you'll notice a HUGE difference.

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Too much help, have to do it by person. So much help.
    It makes me so happy...I think. I will remember all your names with perfect clarity.

tofucactaurus:
    AnCapaillMourn:
    xenon_nobeluiuium:
    DICEFANG:
    SirMArchmage:
    Tehdoomgrasper:
    tonberryking10:

Seignys:

Animal:

But, they all still keep losing!
    Have the Dragon Gods abandoned me?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:20 pm

Ya know, it could be that whole "You betrayed me, now you gotta earn my trust back" kinda thing. My wife did that to me before we got married. I said, "But we were in college!!!"....didn't work. Shrug

Buy them roses and rub their feet?!?!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:03 pm

a whole roasted cow tends to work in my experience.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 pm