Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Peaceful Wollyhop
Reaperfan
7 posters

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Empty Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Post by Reaperfan Fri May 31, 2013 5:55 am

Who else has it?

Who else wants to play in a group?

I may not be very far, but it's been a few weeks after getting it and playing solo has already gotten so darn lonely.

EDIT: Posting right before I go to sleep. Will check in tomorrow and we'll see if we can get anything going winking

Thread has changed! Now it's one of those "talk about this game" threads pony03

I've got it on the 3DS (and have only played solo so far...) and have recently unlocked the high-rank village quests. My favorite weapons are the Switch Axe/Dual Blades for melee, and the Light Bowguns for ranged. I also have a bad habit of feeling like I need to make ALL of the armor for each monster, so I tend to not progress very quickly pony02

Well, that's my story (so far pony13 ). Let's hear all yours!

Last edited by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Empty Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Fri May 31, 2013 12:09 pm

I have it on Wii U but I believe you can't play the 3ds version online unless your in the vicinity of someone playing it on the Wii U
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri May 31, 2013 3:43 pm

Peaceful Wollyhop wrote:I have it on Wii U but I believe you can't play the 3ds version online unless your in the vicinity of someone playing it on the Wii U

Really? Not even with other 3ds users? Well I guess that explains why I've never even randomly connected to anybody before. I can't afford to buy it again for the WiiU, and it will be a long time before my roommate picks it up...

I am sad face now sad
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri May 31, 2013 5:44 pm

yeah the 3ds ver can only do local play, though there is a weird thing that lets you use your wii U to take the 3ds online but if you have a wii u you might as well have the wii u version of mh.... only got the 3ds here so... also i just got to G-rank!!! F-U goldbeard ceadeus! i beat you solo!!!!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri May 31, 2013 5:50 pm

I only have a Wii U...
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Fri May 31, 2013 8:19 pm

Tempted to make a MH thread and we can all talk about it and our experiences etc etc etc
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:33 pm

I have it on he 3ds and really like it. My son also has a copy and we play locally, but you can't play online. That is only for the wii u. I may pick up the wii u version on the cheap some time later because you can transfer your game over. A thread would be a good idea.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Peaceful Wollyhop wrote:Tempted to make a MH thread and we can all talk about it and our experiences etc etc etc

The Once-Ler wrote:A thread would be a good idea.

Done pony01
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:31 am

in G rank... don't know what to do now... I have a hammer with over 1300 atk and white sharpness but is still takes forever to get new gear killing beasties only thing I can think of next is to make the g rank purple ludroth gunner armor for the anti poison and status atk boost so I can go back to using my bow's, maybe work on getting a maxed kelbi bow with an awakening set so I can just slime spam my way to dire miralis... I want to at least see him even if I doubt I can solo him...
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:49 am

Brief info - The first MH I played was the very first one on PS1 well first one in the West as they was one before in Japan called MHG I think? anyway after that it was MH Freedom Unite for PSP, then MH Tri for Wii, then I imported MH Portable 3rd for the PSP from Hong Kong and I play that in Japanese on the PSP. And finally I brought the WiiU MH package on release - worth every penny.

MH1 is insanely hard, on Freedom Unite I am more-a-less done, I have finished every in-game quest and have full White Fata G armour : ) done with Tri and MHP3 as well (Tri more so) and on MH3U I am in high-rank in the village and have the Goldbeard Ceadeus urgent online.

Monster Hunter is one of my favorite series, and probably the only games I consider myself somewhat 'pro' at ; ) I think I know everything there is to know and am here to lend a helping hand.

So yeah that sums it up for me : )
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIrUebor7us

I'm posting this as a link instead of embedding because of the top comment.  Genuinely enjoyable happy
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:05 am

ahh yes... deviljho, any of you encounter the rare savage variant? he goes super sayan when he rages and his normal state looks like a regular jho's rage mode... and dear god that dragon breath is so huge...
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:15 am

I really want this game.

Having just bought my second PS3 after my first one YLODed, I just don't think I can afford to buy a system solely for a single game, though.  I'd even settle for a Vita and whatever MH I can get for that, as I just got PS+, but I just don't think it's going to happen...for a while.

It's a shame, because this seems like one of the few games with any replayability even somewhat close to the Souls'.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:18 am

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:I really want this game.

Having just bought my second PS3 after my first one YLODed, I just don't think I can afford to buy a system solely for a single game, though.  I'd even settle for a Vita and whatever MH I can get for that, as I just got PS+, but I just don't think it's going to happen...for a while.

It's a shame, because this seems like one of the few games with any replayability even somewhat close to the Souls'.

It seems like, right now at least, the majority of players are playing on the WiiU or 3DS, so I'd recommend those versions if you're looking to get into the series (probably the WiiU version since it has innate online functionality, where the 3DS doesn't have any unless you also have a WiiU to act as an online medium).  I've not been with it that long (only a few weeks at this point), but it's already gotten me into it as much as I was into Dark Souls happy

EDIT:  If you're looking for cheap though (at least as cheap as consoles get), the 3DS is definitely still worth it.  It's what I've been playing on, and even with no online play it's been keeping me going for weeks, and I'm only a little more than halfway done with the main story campaign :razz:
    The community (what little of it I've been exposed to so far) even recommends you take on the online quests solo as a show of "badass-itude" since, much like Dark Souls, these games are known for their difficulty, so beating the online campaign (which is designed for teams of 2-4 people) solo is a way to show your awesomeness at the game winking
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:53 pm

I love this series so much.
    MH1 I never played.
    MHF I completed everything. (without the Yian Garuga glitch)
    MHF2/Unite I tore apart, doing every single quest and even making the G rank White Fatalis armor with my brother.
    MH Tri I beat the single player and got bored of the online because everyone wanted to kill the Barroth all the time.
    I'm in the 3ds Ultimate at the moment, with every Low quest done and I have the urgent to get into high. I even planned out what Long Sword, Hunting Horn, and Gun Lance weapons I'm getting.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:31 pm

I've started planning which hammers and bow's I need to get me to dire miralis in G rank... only weapons im good with really... btw everyone here hear about mh4? some pretty cool stuff has popped up, like a monster zombie virus and the return of tigrex... oh god i'll have to fight that bastard twice in one quest if its infected....
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:47 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:I've started planning which hammers and bow's I need to get me to dire miralis in G rank... only weapons im good with really... btw everyone here hear about mh4? some pretty cool stuff has popped up, like a monster zombie virus and the return of tigrex... oh god i'll have to fight that bastard twice in one quest if its infected....

The only thing I've heard about it was that climbing walls was supposed to be a bigger deal. What people have seen of it the climbing actions seem much faster and smoother.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:10 am

yeah you can even climb monsters... and the new weapons (insect staff and charge axe) look cool!
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Everyone, Egoraptor reviewed the game!

The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed