Spear faith build SL100 advice,

    Share

    kozak
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 26
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-29

    Spear faith build SL100 advice,

    Post by kozak on Thu May 30, 2013 10:06 pm

    Hello everyone.

    I am looking for some advice to improve my current build. I have now beaten the game on NG++ but am still relatively new to pvp and need some help making this build more viable when fighting other players.

    So here is my current build, any advice on how to improve it going forward, or even how it can be remade from scratch to be better is welcome.

    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=aHVudGVyLDUwLDEyLDQyLDEzLDE1LDExLDksMzAsMCw0Nyw0Nyw0NCw0NywzMSwzLDEwNSw4MywxMjksMTUzLGxpZ2h0bmluZyxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLGZpcmUsMCw2MSw0NiwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDMsd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLDEsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMA==

    I am obviously not making much use of my 30 faith using only two miracles.

    I also hate being limited to 60 second with Darkmoon Blade, it forces me to play very agresivelly which is not my style. So I am wondering could I just use my +5 lightning winged spear instead and use the attunment slot for a different miracle?
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: Spear faith build SL100 advice,

    Post by Ghadis_God on Thu May 30, 2013 10:28 pm

    You can menu swap to the Lighting Winged spear once the miracle runs out. Also, the Canvas Talisman gives you more Magic adjust and thus more damage on your miracle.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    avatar
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1612
    Reputation : 86
    Join date : 2012-07-27

    Re: Spear faith build SL100 advice,

    Post by Jansports on Thu May 30, 2013 10:56 pm

    http://mmdks.com/2jfv

    If you wanted to remake the build from scratch you could do something like this, the pike is wonderful for buffing, and when DMB runs out you can switch to the Demon's spear or any elemental weapon really.

    The spells are pretty straight forward. Buff the weapon, get replenishment on yourself for most fights, use GMB when you see an obvious mage (look for the crown or any of the Int scaling weapons) and WoG is WoG

    The Armor is just armor I personally use, really you can use whatever you feel like so long as your comfortable with the poise/defense

    kozak
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 26
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-29

    Re: Spear faith build SL100 advice,

    Post by kozak on Thu May 30, 2013 11:01 pm

    Ghadis_God wrote:You can menu swap to the Lighting Winged spear once the miracle runs out. Also, the Canvas Talisman gives you more Magic adjust and thus more damage on your miracle.


    Hmmm you are correct seems darkmoon talisman only outclasses canvas after 40 int, thanks. Menu swapping is quite risky against aggressive players generally if I don't have it equipped I wont use it in a fight.
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: Spear faith build SL100 advice,

    Post by Ghadis_God on Thu May 30, 2013 11:05 pm

    It's not that risky because no smart player will be aggressive against a DMB spear and if they are they will probably be dead before your 60 seconds runs out. If you get good at menu swapping it takes around 1-2 seconds. Is it really so hard to find two seconds when the enemy isn't hitting you?

    EDIT: I also noticed you were using a Lighting bow, which does a lot less damaged compared to a Chaos bow with Fire arrows, somewhere to the order of 100 AR less according to mugenmonkey.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS

    kozak
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 26
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-29

    Re: Spear faith build SL100 advice,

    Post by kozak on Thu May 30, 2013 11:16 pm

    Ghadis_God wrote:It's not that risky because no smart player will be aggressive against a DMB spear and if they are they will probably be dead before your 60 seconds runs out. If you get good at menu swapping it takes around 1-2 seconds. Is it really so hard to find two seconds when the enemy isn't hitting you?

    EDIT: I also noticed you were using a Lighting bow, which does a lot less damaged compared to a Chaos bow with Fire arrows, somewhere to the order of 100 AR less according to mugenmonkey.

    Wow right you are chaos is really nice, thanks. And I suppose I can clean up my inventory and learn to menu swap.

    I would also appreciate it if you guys can comment on the general pvp viability of this build as well as potential improvements, thanks in advance.
    avatar
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1612
    Reputation : 86
    Join date : 2012-07-27

    Re: Spear faith build SL100 advice,

    Post by Jansports on Thu May 30, 2013 11:24 pm

    Jansports wrote:http://mmdks.com/2jfv

    If you wanted to remake the build from scratch you could do something like this, the pike is wonderful for buffing, and when DMB runs out you can switch to the Demon's spear or any elemental weapon really.

    The spells are pretty straight forward. Buff the weapon, get replenishment on yourself for most fights, use GMB when you see an obvious mage (look for the crown or any of the Int scaling weapons) and WoG is WoG

    The Armor is just armor I personally use, really you can use whatever you feel like so long as your comfortable with the poise/defense

    kozak
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 26
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-29

    Re: Spear faith build SL100 advice,

    Post by kozak on Thu May 30, 2013 11:36 pm

    Jansports wrote:http://mmdks.com/2jfv

    If you wanted to remake the build from scratch you could do something like this, the pike is wonderful for buffing, and when DMB runs out you can switch to the Demon's spear or any elemental weapon really.

    The spells are pretty straight forward. Buff the weapon, get replenishment on yourself for most fights, use GMB when you see an obvious mage (look for the crown or any of the Int scaling weapons) and WoG is WoG

    The Armor is just armor I personally use, really you can use whatever you feel like so long as your comfortable with the poise/defense


    Ya I like the miracles, I was considering incorporating magic barrier since sorcerers tend to give me a lot of grief.

    As far as the pike goes the range might be nice, but the damage is the same at minimum req, and due to the weight I would need 13 points more endurance if I want to wear the set of favor. Doesn't seem worth it.

    Not to mention I am not a big fan of the move set on the pike especially the R2 and running R1. Still thanks for the advice.
    avatar
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1612
    Reputation : 86
    Join date : 2012-07-27

    Re: Spear faith build SL100 advice,

    Post by Jansports on Fri May 31, 2013 2:04 am

    The Winged spear suffers for being one of the shorter spears, it's not the end of the world but it is something to take note of.

    If nothing else The big strength of faith is IMO it's defensive buffs, like replenishment and Magic Barrier, some people prefer Vow of Silence as that also works against Pyro and other would be WoG casters.

    I also wasn't aware you were dead set on keeping the Favor set http://mmdks.com/2jii should be more to your liking.

    kozak
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 26
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-29

    Re: Spear faith build SL100 advice,

    Post by kozak on Fri May 31, 2013 2:53 am

    Jansports wrote:The Winged spear suffers for being one of the shorter spears, it's not the end of the world but it is something to take note of.

    If nothing else The big strength of faith is IMO it's defensive buffs, like replenishment and Magic Barrier, some people prefer Vow of Silence as that also works against Pyro and other would be WoG casters.

    I also wasn't aware you were dead set on keeping the Favor set http://mmdks.com/2jii should be more to your liking.

    Winged spear definitely does have its draw backs but the low weight solid dmg, and the quick R2 make I worthwhile I think.

    I would not say I am dead set on keeping set of favor, but I was not willing to give it up for the pike. Any armor will work but I do prefer that it be a matching set and not mismatched pieces thrown together. I suppose I am rather vain in this sense.

    I do like your build the main difference seems to be the dexterity investment vs vitality, the extra dmg on the spear would stack nicely with DMB.

    But I am wondering could it be more beneficial to invest more in faith rather then dex? This would increase my maj adjustment giving me a similar dmg bonus when buffed and also strengthen my miracles and open up new ones.
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: Spear faith build SL100 advice,

    Post by Ghadis_God on Fri May 31, 2013 3:10 am

    All the useful miracles can be cast at 30 faith, and putting points into Dex means that once the buff runs out your spear will hit harder.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS

    kozak
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 26
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-29

    Re: Spear faith build SL100 advice,

    Post by kozak on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:36 pm

    I am also wondering what you guys think I should do for secondary spear, i was considering lightning, divine or chaos. At 22 dex and 30 int lightning and divine do similar dmg, chaos does more but I am not sure if I want run around with 10 humanity all the time.
    avatar
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1856
    Reputation : 109
    Join date : 2012-12-05
    Age : 22
    Location : Darkroot Basin

    Re: Spear faith build SL100 advice,

    Post by LunarFog on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:29 pm

    1.) You might want a back up elemental spear that you can menu swap to.

    2.) Armor of the embraced was never that good, you can probably find a better combo with higher defense/poise

    3.) If the bow is going to be used as a main secondary form of attack then that's fine. If it's just to get people that are backing away, then I'd switch to crossbow.


    Sponsored content

    Re: Spear faith build SL100 advice,

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 pm