Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Seignar
Elite Knight
SadPanda
mr_no_face
samster628
>Brave<
Johnthethird
11 posters

Armor from enemy body parts?

Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Armor from enemy body parts? Empty Armor from enemy body parts?

Post by Johnthethird Tue May 28, 2013 1:43 am

I was just thinking, what if you can take the body parts from some enemies and make armors out of that?

For example, you could make a titanite demon helm by shooting enough arrows in its neck-spot, or do the same with a capra demon?

Or make a cloak of some sorts from the hide of queelag's spider half

For the record, I am not proposing some skyrim-like crafting system. this would work similar to the tail shield system.

Last edited by Johnthethird on Thu May 30, 2013 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Armor from enemy body parts? Empty Re: Armor from enemy body parts?

Post by >Brave< Tue May 28, 2013 2:14 am

Crafting System.

It would work but this would hurt making new builds. The process could take a few minutes to a few days based on drop charts and overall player luck. Time management is important for game that encourage multiple playthroughs with different characters.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Tue May 28, 2013 3:57 am

>Brave< wrote:Crafting System.

It would work but this would hurt making new builds. The process could take a few minutes to a few days based on drop charts and overall player luck. Time management is important for game that encourage multiple playthroughs with different characters.
    It could just be like tail weapons, but different body parts do different things. They wouldn't have to make it, or if they did, then they would just give it to a blacksmith, and pay X souls
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Tue May 28, 2013 5:07 am

Not a bad idea provideing this doesnt degenerate to a game where we all have to farm enemies for speciic drops.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Tue May 28, 2013 6:56 am

speaking of things from bosses .... i was very disappointed to find that we could not obtain the Four Kings' sword
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue May 28, 2013 12:38 pm

mr_no_face wrote:speaking of things from bosses .... i was very disappointed to find that we could not obtain the Four Kings' sword
    CE on PC and voila!
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue May 28, 2013 12:39 pm

However I wouldn't want this. Monster Hunter already does it and I wouldn't be suprised if they included crafting since the new director was an ex-Monster Hunter director. Monster Hunter =/= Souls, please don't mix the two.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Thu May 30, 2013 1:31 am

SadPanda wrote:
    mr_no_face wrote:speaking of things from bosses .... i was very disappointed to find that we could not obtain the Four Kings' sword
    CE on PC and voila!
    really? cool. how do you get that?
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Thu May 30, 2013 2:38 am

SadPanda wrote:However I wouldn't want this. Monster Hunter already does it and I wouldn't be suprised if they included crafting since the new director was an ex-Monster Hunter director. Monster Hunter =/= Souls, please don't mix the two.

I didn't think that was the same Shibuya that worked on Monster Hunter. Looking into him, the only thing I could find on the guy was that he is the current director for Dark Souls II, and was a director for Another Century's Episode 1 & 3. And ENB said it wasn't the same director as the one from Monster Hunter. So, maybe this guy has a shot. Or maybe he'll mess everything up.

We can't know until we play, unfortunately. :/
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Thu May 30, 2013 4:35 am

Elite Knight wrote:
    SadPanda wrote:However I wouldn't want this. Monster Hunter already does it and I wouldn't be suprised if they included crafting since the new director was an ex-Monster Hunter director. Monster Hunter =/= Souls, please don't mix the two.

I didn't think that was the same Shibuya that worked on Monster Hunter. Looking into him, the only thing I could find on the guy was that he is the current director for Dark Souls II, and was a director for Another Century's Episode 1 & 3. And ENB said it wasn't the same director as the one from Monster Hunter. So, maybe this guy has a shot. Or maybe he'll mess everything up.

We can't know until we play, unfortunately. :/
    Considering 99.9% of what ENB says is speculation I wouldn't fold your hand on that one.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu May 30, 2013 8:34 am

Not only ENB, a couple of forumites did their research and found no real evidence that supported that he had anything to do with Monster Hunter.
    Sargerus
    Sargerus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sargerus Thu May 30, 2013 8:48 am

Seignar wrote:Not only ENB, a couple of forumites did their research and found no real evidence that supported that he had anything to do with Monster Hunter.

Correct, Shibuya from DkS2 is a long employee of FROM, he worked on the ACE(Another Century) franchise
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu May 30, 2013 9:00 am

Fang Boar Helm?
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu May 30, 2013 9:04 am

Oh yes, on the topic of this topic. I think it would be nice if these "secret" weapons weren't so limited to tails. They could also start making some really dangerous secrets. For example, let's take the Gaping Dragon as an example: What if you could get the tooth as a weapon? K, all you have to do is shoot at its teeth with your arrows or if you're feeling risky, you can synchronize an attack with its pound attack to repel it.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu May 30, 2013 2:32 pm

how about this? if yoiu break a part you're guaranteed a particular drop when nthe creature dies, so if you break a beasts skull mask or something you'll find it on the body once you've killed the thing.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu May 30, 2013 3:18 pm

I like it but it could be hard. I'm thinking bout co op and the hassle of your phantom not fighting the way you want. Look at how many times you lost a tail weapon cause your phantom wasn't thinking you might want it. Be even harder if phantom didn't speak your language as you send a message they don't understand. Also, not all builds use a bow and sometimes you can't snipe certain things especially bosses. Maybe a way that would work is you buy a certain item that you throw at a boss or beast ensuring you get item once dead. And if you die, you have to purchase another item.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:57 pm

twigsterxd wrote:I like it but it could be hard. I'm thinking bout co op and the hassle of your phantom not fighting the way you want. Look at how many times you lost a tail weapon cause your phantom wasn't thinking you might want it. Be even harder if phantom didn't speak your language as you send a message they don't understand. Also, not all builds use a bow and sometimes you can't snipe certain things especially bosses. Maybe a way that would work is you buy a certain item that you throw at a boss or beast ensuring you get item once dead. And if you die, you have to purchase another item.
    That is true, it would be more difficult with archer builds, but I still think it would be possible, like with enemies that crawl you could still hit their heads with your sword, or perhaps you could lock onto the head when throwing knives?
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Seignar wrote:Oh yes, on the topic of this topic. I think it would be nice if these "secret" weapons weren't so limited to tails. They could also start making some really dangerous secrets. For example, let's take the Gaping Dragon as an example: What if you could get the tooth as a weapon? K, all you have to do is shoot at its teeth with your arrows or if you're feeling risky, you can synchronize an attack with its pound attack to repel it.
    To add onto the gaping dragon Idea, what if only ONE of the teeth dropps the sword 0.o
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:36 am

fits with dks, not a bad challenge actually.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:22 am

Not saying I disagree. I'd like alternate ways of getting weapons for enemies. My only concern is co op. Let's look at the boar. You have a weak weapon cause you haven't made it to smith yet, you have to cut off a tusk to get the helm, your phantom has a powerful weapon that kills boar 1 hit from behind. There goes your helmet until dukes. My idea of throwing an item would be better cause you can't always trust your phantoms unless they your psn buddies and you tell them you need it. Look at O&S, I go after 1, phantom kills the other 1st LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 am