Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Random Builds I Made

SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Random Builds I Made Empty Random Builds I Made

Post by SirArchmage Mon May 27, 2013 4:42 pm

Some builds I just made and thought would be fun to use. Feel free to criticize them as you see fit, and I shall add notes about each build.

The Spell Sword: Based around a buffed katana, is meant to be able to run through the opponent with speed, damage, and defense. The hat is completely and absolutely necessary. I will never take it off this build, simply for looks. The second CMW is so that instead of just one cast, I can have three, because of the way the Tin Catalyst works(Half of 3 casts=1 cast. Half of 6 casts=3 casts). And the rapier is if the person is too dangerous to run at them and spam with a magic Katana, so I can safely poke them to death.

The Immovable Object: I wanted to try out a tank build, because while some builds slaughter tanks, it if very fun to win with sheer brutal power. Stone greatshield for the magic defense, and I want health over the investment towards the Havel shield. The greataxe because I love the weapon, and has a good moveset if you know how to use it. The black flame is for turtlers, WoG is for gankers, and the other buffs are so that it is even more impossible to kill me.

The Battle Mage: I love battle-mages in every game I play. They are the center of any battle field and can easily switch from offense to defense. I was a bit confused as to what to put for this build, as battle-mages are hard to make in Dark Souls. The Bellowing dragoncrest ring and the Crown of Dusk are must-haves, because I want my magic to be very powerful. I may consider having a different weapon other then the rapier, but I've been wanting to make a build that has the Moonlight Greatsword in it for a while now.

Durzo Blint, Master assassin: This is based off a book character from the "Night Angel" trilogy by Brent Weeks. If there is any suggestions for this build, there has to be only light armor, no elemental weapons except for the bow, and needs to be able to take a hit.

Lantano Garuwashi, the peasant sword master: This is another character based off the "Night Angel" trilogy. If there are any suggestions for this, he must have an Asian weapon, no helmet, no offense magic other then a buff, and must look like a knight.

All these builds were made in the last hour, with the exception of Lantano, who is a prototype from yesterday.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Random Builds I Made Empty Re: Random Builds I Made

Post by StiffNipples Mon May 27, 2013 9:00 pm

Big hat is best hat.
    I like the way you spellsword (this one uses GMW)

For my battle mage I used to roll with the Moonlight Butterflyhorn in place of the rapier, so that when I got into defence mode I could keep a little distance, plus if you're going for crits the MLGS deals enough damage.
    I do like Velkas moveset though.

Also that Immovable Object build is an awesome idea, time to combine my replen build with my tank for maximum tankiness
    Random Builds I Made 3207319737
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Mon May 27, 2013 9:26 pm

StiffNipples wrote:Big hat is best hat.
    I like the way you spellsword (this one uses GMW)

For my battle mage I used to roll with the Moonlight Butterflyhorn in place of the rapier, so that when I got into defence mode I could keep a little distance, plus if you're going for crits the MLGS deals enough damage.
    I do like Velkas moveset though.

Also that Immovable Object build is an awesome idea, time to combine my replen build with my tank for maximum tankiness
    Random Builds I Made 3207319737
    I am using the Immovable object build right now, and let me tell you, this guy is a beast. Might switch out the Velka Rapier for the Butterfly horn now that I think about it. Thanks for the advice.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Mon May 27, 2013 10:44 pm

No prob, thanks for the replen tank idea big grin

Do you think he would survive if he was a fatty?

I think I'm going to make something like this: http://mmdks.com/2hz9
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Wed May 29, 2013 2:55 am

So I can't seem to get remaking my spellsword out of my head after reading this, so since the fight clubs around here seem to all be a SL55 I've made a modified version for that.

http://mmdks.com/2ikb

I'm pretty happy with the armour combo, the only thing I was really flexible on was the gloves anyway, and Thorns gives me roll damage for BS cancels along with hitting nicely 36 poise.

I was unsure of what shield best represented an eastern katana user, but decided that with the enchanting of the blade the Dark Hand isn't entirely out of place. It gives the character an air of mystery and hints that he's a little more than first meets the eye. Hidden body is for Pursuers avoidance and because I don't want to use offensive spells. I would've liked to use DWGR but maybe I'll have to reserve that for an SL120 build.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:59 am