Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Odinbear
Juutas
Mr. Tart
reim0027
IV_Mark_VI
Jansports
CrackSouls
Slarg232
XachAttack
EarthScraper
IIdoneus
CephGabriel
Brigade
lordgodofhell
Sneezer
Uparkaam
AnCapaillMor
shadowzninjaz
StiffNipples
Carphil
twigsterxd
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Satoshi
Forum Pirate
Maneater_Mildred
Animaaal
WaffleGuy
Werdax
GrinTwist
tonberryking01
Nightmare Moon
LunarFog
Sentiel
Serious_Much
Marino.
Soris Ice Goldwing
KrazykevS10
Ghadis_God
Dibsville
43 posters

Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest)

Poll

Why didn't you duel-wield?

[ 12 ]
    Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap20%Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap15%Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap3%Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap12%Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [12%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap12%Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [12%] 
    [ 13 ]
    Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap22%Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [22%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap15%Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [15%] 

Total Votes: 59
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 Empty Re: Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest)

Post by Juutas Wed May 29, 2013 5:40 pm

Usually i just don't like how the weapons on the left hand look (3).
    I rather use my weapon two handed, I usually have shield too but rarely utilize blocking or parrying for that matter.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest) - Page 3 Empty Re: Why didn't you duel-wield? (be honest)

Post by reim0027 Wed May 29, 2013 10:38 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:It is a matter of skill . . . don't have it.
    You're deadly with just one rapier, you don't need two.
    Although, an offhand rapier parries faster and has a faster recovery than a shield . . .
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed May 29, 2013 10:43 pm

Faster parries are harder to hit with IMO. Recovery time doesn't mean anything to me, since the only thing that ever happens because of it is someone BS' you, which due to lag will happen with any amount of recovery time.

Better to use a shield or a better Off-Hand weapon.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu May 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Well, for some reason I associated Dexterity to dual wielding weapons and kinda expected raising DEX would give me better faster move sets with the left-handed weapon.
    This was for the weapons , that I COULD FIND that had any kind of left handed strikes ( and there aren't many)

Well after I discovered, no stat helped out a dual weilder and the weapons are pretty much unavailable for real good dual wielding I gave up, until DkS2. Which hopefully improves upon the idea of a weapon in each hand.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Fri May 31, 2013 12:14 am

reim0027 wrote:It is a matter of skill . . . don't have it.

Pretty sure one of the duels we had you used a whip in your left hand and I had a tremendous amount of trouble dealing with your playstyle.
    LagStab
    LagStab
    Regular
    Regular

Post by LagStab Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:39 pm

I have done it, crystal dagger +gold/dark sliver tracer, or occasionally a shotel. It is ok but not much protection so I just do it for fun
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:15 am

I have not really tried to be honest, I feel vulnerable without my shields...

what is the best weapon that has the most physical damage resistance to use in the left hand?

Zweihander? and maybe a quick striking weapon with good damage say Ornsteins Spear??

any suggestions?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:29 pm

Raikan007 wrote:I have not really tried to be honest, I feel vulnerable without my shields...

what is the best weapon that has the most physical damage resistance to use in the left hand?

Zweihander? and maybe a quick striking weapon with good damage say Ornsteins Spear??

any suggestions?
    Try a Spear of any kind.
    Zweihander is only good for surprise hits.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:25 am

Off-hand the PGS? Blasphemy!

I logged in after so long to say it again: main-hand PGS and offhand Notched Whip, best combo in the game. With back-up Silver Tracer for swapping to when riposting.

After my first playthrough I always dual wielded, and always will. I couldn't ever go back to wielding only one weapon, let alone use a shield!

Have fun guys! winking
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:13 am

BLA1NE wrote:Off-hand the PGS? Blasphemy!

I logged in after so long to say it again: main-hand PGS and offhand Notched Whip, best combo in the game. With back-up Silver Tracer for swapping to when riposting.

After my first playthrough I always dual wielded, and always will. I couldn't ever go back to wielding only one weapon, let alone use a shield!

Have fun guys! winking

you're back. Wait, you're back?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:56 am

No, not really back... I still creep the forums from time to time, just wanted to make an appearance. Also, I play the game maybe once every month or 2 now! Can't wait for Dark Souls 2 though--I'll probably be back for that.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:31 am

I never liked it at all.

I never liked carrying one type of weapon, and then a different type of weapon, so I always had the same 2 weapons, but the second weapon didn't really do anything.

I felt uncomfortable trying to parry attacks with a few of the animations, I was accustomed to the shield parry animation and the change wasn't welcome at all.

It just wasn't fleshed out enough in my opinion, I always felt like it was a mechanic that had unused potential, so I never liked using it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:07 am