Invades can invade dead or alive

    Share

    Poll

    invading even if your dead or alive

    [ 3 ]
    11% [11%] 
    [ 20 ]
    74% [74%] 
    [ 4 ]
    15% [15%] 

    Total Votes: 27

    mattecoolio
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 23
    Reputation : -5
    Join date : 2013-05-19

    Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by mattecoolio on Sat May 25, 2013 6:02 pm

    like the topic says Invades can invade even if your hollow or alive and you can both fight for humanity or whatever i mean i would like to invade more but lot of people don't go human because its risky and so its hard to find people to invade.
    avatar
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1351
    Reputation : 51
    Join date : 2012-08-07
    Age : 26

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by Slarg232 on Sat May 25, 2013 7:22 pm

    There needs to be a way to prevent people from joining your game, so I say no.


    _________________



    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by Animaaal on Sat May 25, 2013 7:41 pm

    I think invading while human or hollow and if the host has killed the boss or not would be cool.

    However, there's not enough details in the op for me to arrive at an actual conclusion, so I picked maybe. Shrug
    avatar
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 985
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2013-04-22

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by twigsterxd on Sat May 25, 2013 7:46 pm

    Sorry as a person who dislikes being invaded, I shouldn't have to be forced to play offline if hollow. Don't forget, some players stay hollow so they can grab their stain without the risk of losing it to another invader killing them. If people could invade you as human or hollow, most people wouldn't get past 1st area because they would be constantly invaded and possibly losing the souls they had for leveling up.
    Also I've noticed, (mainly in undead berg), the servers allow people to invade before the phantom you are trying to summon. So, having hollows invaded will make summoning more difficult.


    _________________
    Announcement:
    Support the Dark Souls Wiki:

    Visit http://fextralife.com

    subscribe, have fun, keep the site going

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by Animaaal on Sat May 25, 2013 7:51 pm

    twigsterxd wrote:...Sorry as a person who dislikes being invaded, I shouldn't have to be forced to play offline if hollow...

    I can see where you're coming from, but I disagree. Shrug

    I just accept my death, farm some soft humanities and go at it again.
    avatar
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 985
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2013-04-22

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by twigsterxd on Sat May 25, 2013 8:09 pm

    Animaaal wrote:
    twigsterxd wrote:...Sorry as a person who dislikes being invaded, I shouldn't have to be forced to play offline if hollow...

    I can see where you're coming from, but I disagree.

    I just accept my death, farm some soft humanities and go at it again.
    Humanity means you want to revive to human, correct?
    OP is saying you can be invaded either dead or alive. So for a noob, it would be harder for them to do that cause they can be invaded. Also, looking at DkS, when you drop your white as human, it disappears when invader is coming. Dropping white as hollow, gives same affect, making it more difficult to progress in game. Since you can't shut off invasions, how do you co op in a busy invaders place like undead berg or even the forest if you lost your stain and can't get to it in time cause of constant invasions.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by Animaaal on Sat May 25, 2013 8:14 pm

    That's what I meant when I said I just farm softs.

    Anyway, I can see how it would frustrate rookies. I just think there are a lot of limitations on invading as is.

    I guess that would imply I'd also like to be able to farm softs when the boss is dead.

    Again, I see where you're coming from, but I've played offline a lot to accomplish certain things:

    -Farming chunks, slabs.

    -Item/weapon hunts.

    -Making chaos weapons.

    -etc.

    Playing offline has its benefits. Its just that some people would prefer it if they could just co-op and not pvp. While I appreciate that perspective, I also think its not very "soulish".
    avatar
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 985
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2013-04-22

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by twigsterxd on Sat May 25, 2013 8:20 pm

    I'm also thinking bout the people on pc, they can't play offline. So for them it would be more of a nuisance


    _________________
    Announcement:
    Support the Dark Souls Wiki:

    Visit http://fextralife.com

    subscribe, have fun, keep the site going

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by Animaaal on Sat May 25, 2013 8:26 pm

    twigsterxd wrote:I'm also thinking bout the people on pc, they can't play offline. So for them it would be more of a nuisance


    Hmmmm, didn't think about that. There's no way to play offline for PC???...no way at all??? That would kinda suck.

    As much as I want to be invaded and thoroughly killed and massacred...I would still like to farm New Londo in peace if I wanted.

    Anyway, you learn something everyday.... cheers
    avatar
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 985
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2013-04-22

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by twigsterxd on Sat May 25, 2013 8:43 pm

    I read that on here a week or 2 ago. Can't remember why but it wouldn't be fair for them if this was to happen. But you and I both know the adrenaline rush you get from a good battle. Always at risk of being invaded would give an old guy like me the DT's all day lol. And my blood pressure high enuf as it is happy


    _________________
    Announcement:
    Support the Dark Souls Wiki:

    Visit http://fextralife.com

    subscribe, have fun, keep the site going
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 36

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by steveswede on Sat May 25, 2013 8:53 pm

    Bad because there's no risk/reward. However I don't mind the idea of summoning a dark spirit if you're hollowed, though the reward item would have to be something else other than humanity. After all, humanity is the plot device for invading and making that available to the host will remove the risk/reward for using humanity in the first place.
    avatar
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 985
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2013-04-22

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by twigsterxd on Sat May 25, 2013 9:06 pm

    I like that idea better for hollows. That way you can decide if you want an invader.
    Animaaal would hunt for tags then LOL


    _________________
    Announcement:
    Support the Dark Souls Wiki:

    Visit http://fextralife.com

    subscribe, have fun, keep the site going

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by Animaaal on Sat May 25, 2013 9:27 pm

    Hmmm, I don't really consider the risk/reward as anything that really affects the game.

    Humanity is pretty easy to come by. Its almost too easy to come by imo.
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 36

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by steveswede on Sat May 25, 2013 10:16 pm

    Animaaal wrote:Hmmm, I don't really consider the risk/reward as anything that really affects the game.

    Humanity is pretty easy to come by. Its almost too easy to come by imo.

    That's because your obsessive play has made you a god at playing DkS. Like I've said to other skilled players, you forget your level of experience vs newcomers and moderate players. Having humanity gives access to summoning help who might be very experienced and help them kill that boss that was giving them a hard time.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by Animaaal on Sun May 26, 2013 1:26 am

    steveswede wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:Hmmm, I don't really consider the risk/reward as anything that really affects the game.

    Humanity is pretty easy to come by. Its almost too easy to come by imo.

    That's because your obsessive play has made you a god at playing DkS. Like I've said to other skilled players, you forget your level of experience vs newcomers and moderate players. Having humanity gives access to summoning help who might be very experienced and help them kill that boss that was giving them a hard time.

    Point made, I forget about that sometimes. I don't think you need to be Godlike though, otherwise, it wouldn't work for me. winking

    Again though, that's a good point.
    avatar
    Epicfailville
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 18
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Age : 29
    Location : Las Vegas

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by Epicfailville on Sun May 26, 2013 12:28 pm

    I think they should keep the human/hollow invasion prerequisites, but I think they should make invasions possible even if the boss is defeated. That would keep people from just killing bosses and being able to invade without repercussion.
    avatar
    emraluces
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 31
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-01-19
    Age : 33
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by emraluces on Mon May 27, 2013 4:10 pm

    First of all, Dark Souls is not Primarily a PVP game. It's a single player Westernized Role Playing Game with jrpg aspects that happens to have a robust set of multiplayer modes in the back seat.

    Second, no, it's never hard to find people to invade. It's difficult if you're over or under leveled, however, each game area as a consistent pool of invadee's around an average level.

    You may not find as many folks to invade 'today', which is certainly understandable, as the game has been out for over eighteen months.

    It's a little maddening to hear someone say they 'really want' players to be more vulnerable to invasions because 'I can't find enough people to invade as often as I would like!!'

    To be absolutely plain, the key concepts of the game and the machinery built in to provide players with difficult yet fair avenues to triumph over the darkness, only works because at bottom, there's a way in which players can be guarrenteed that they'll never be invaded. The consequence for playing in this mode is of course, you're no longer able to summon help, even if you really need it.

    This delicate balance is more important than your invasions. However you feel about the invasion system, those feelings just aren't as important as ensuring that players have options, including the option to play through the entire game un-harassed.

    -Emraluces


    _________________
    We can recover the lost connection, the one monotheism severed between Athens and Jerusalem. We could get back a world where philosophy was valued, where the beauty of science was considered worth studying, worth revering even, where literature would be the key to the study of ethics an morality. And if you wanted the transcendent, you'd have love and sex and music.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by Animaaal on Mon May 27, 2013 6:13 pm

    emraluces wrote:...First of all, Dark Souls is not Primarily a PVP game. It's a single player Westernized Role Playing Game with jrpg aspects that happens to have a robust set of multiplayer modes in the back seat....

    First of all, very eloquent and well said applause

    As far as the quote....it might be true for Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, but I think we all know if the game sees more sequels....it might not be true in the future.

    Take me for instance. For me pvp is primary and pve is secondary. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be subversive towards the overall experience and direction of the game by saying this, it's just my preference. Also, I LOVED the souls experience without the pvp aspect. But the thing I loved the most, is being able to make a character anyway you want, and then take them into "known pvp grounds" and battle it out. It's like making a jedi in KOTOR then going online and fighting other jedis...I LOVE IT! cheers

    We all know the forum and pvp community is what sparked the phenomenon that is souls. I really hope the pvp and co-op functions of the game get some more love in Dark Souls 2. FROM made an obvious attempt to make those experiences better in Dark Souls than they were in Demon's Souls, and I hope they show the same type of progressive thinking in Dark Souls 2.

    Without pvp, the souls games would be in my top 20, maybe even my top 15, but not in the top 5.

    That's just my 2 cents. Shrug

    Again, I love how you word your posts.
    avatar
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 434
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2013-05-16
    Location : Where all the lag is

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by StiffNipples on Mon May 27, 2013 8:13 pm

    Epicfailville wrote:I think they should keep the human/hollow invasion prerequisites, but I think they should make invasions possible even if the boss is defeated. That would keep people from just killing bosses and being able to invade without repercussion.

    I agree with this, one of the things I would change if I were to make DaS would be the invasion system. I don't really like how people can invade without repercussion. I would like that if you were in certain covenants (ring based ones, catbros, darkmoons) then you could invade someone in your area even with the boss dead, but for normal invasions (darkwraiths, darkmoons) you would need the boss alive both in your world and in theirs, so that invading also has the risk of being invaded. I think too many people take the host for granted and don't realise the 90% of the time the host isn't there just so that they can invade and d**k them. He's just going through the game.
    I think more people need to be hosts, to give everyone a larger PvP pool. It's not so bad on the consoles, but it's very noticable on PC. You get paired up with a couple of hosts and once you invade them and win they tend to not go human again, and you're left stranded. It's one of the reasons I always host when I can.

    emraluces wrote:
    It's a little maddening to hear someone say they 'really want' players to be more vulnerable to invasions because 'I can't find enough people to invade as often as I would like!!'

    I feel exactly the same. I haven't seen to many posts about it on here, but it pops up on reddit pretty frequently. You get people that just want more people to invade, the problem is however that these same people tend to be the ones that invade with the intent of using the cheapest tactics to ensure they win. They never host, and the way they invade doesn't enamour people to PvP, so the host ends up staying hollow and then they whinge that there isn't enough people to invade.
    The response I always give when they want more people to invade is "why don't you host?"
    I still haven't heard a decent reason as to why they won't host.
    Sorry for the rant.


    Also you can play offline on PC it's just a pita. You have to connect online, then pull your network cable to kick it into offline mode where you're still signed in. If you are offline when you boot the game up it will say 'could not sign in, cannot save' and you won't have any save data, which is silly because it's stored locally.


    _________________
    GFWL: STLFFNLPPLES
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by Dibsville on Mon May 27, 2013 8:17 pm

    I'm going to have to say nay on this one.
    I consider invading to be a privilege. I think you're forgetting that Dark Souls is a PvE based game, and PvP was just an added feature. Being able to re-obtain your human form by invading ruins this aspect, as well as makes it so that said invaders can not get invaded themselves.
    Just to give an example: You can not deny that if a griefer is invaded by a griefer, it stops both of the griefers for a short time. If they were both non-humans, they would never run into each other.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 985
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2013-04-22

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by twigsterxd on Tue May 28, 2013 10:05 am

    Epicfailville wrote:I think they should keep the human/hollow invasion prerequisites, but I think they should make invasions possible even if the boss is defeated. That would keep people from just killing bosses and being able to invade without repercussion.
    Farming in some places are a pain as it is. Being invaded after the boss is killed would ruin that portion of the game. Keep in mind, not everyone is a PvP'er and if your build is crappy because you haven't been able to work on it because you're constantly invade, might deter people from either playing online or even purchasing the game. The way the invasions go are the way they have always been, why mess with success. Keep it the same way. If we could be invaded anytime during gameplay, I'd be playing offline cause I'd be furious. I look at undead berg, 1 of the busiest invader areas. For a person who sucks at PvP, I'd never make it to the boss.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Invades can invade dead or alive

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm