The Hackiest hacker I have ever seen.. will my morals withstand?

CephGabriel
    Addicted
    Addicted

The Hackiest hacker I have ever seen.. will my morals withstand?

Post by CephGabriel on Sat May 25, 2013 9:50 am

Well today I met an interesting guy (won't post his name for obvious reasons)

I invade using red eye orb in the forest and he is there with full smough's and some crystal great sword that did 700+ damage. I couldn't do any damage whatsoever to him except when I bled him with my chaos blade. He backed off and dropped off 99 souls of a great hero and 99 humanity, as well as 99 divine blessings. I invited him to Xbox chat so I could thank him for the gifts, where upon he asked me if there was anything I needed. I asked rather humbly for a dark helmet (I like RPing in full dark set and I traded the helmet for a fellow RP'er for a washing pole) whereupon he game me the dark helmet and *deep breath*:

"?WeaponName?": his stupidly OP crystal great sword
    "?Protectionname?" x4: a set of ornsteins armour except its better than the real set (I have that anyway)
    Lifehunt Scythe
    Great Scythe
    Brass set +5
    And a ton of other obviously hacked things.

I BC'd out of there and dropped all the stuff in my world, minus the regular dark helmet and the great scythe. Because I genuinely needed the two of them, they're easy to get (but I had already traded them before I realised I wanted them). Then I reported him on XBL

Am I in the right do you think?

Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: The Hackiest hacker I have ever seen.. will my morals withstand?

Post by Dutchy on Sat May 25, 2013 10:13 am

I think you did the right thing. It's like, if you have a friend that's addicted to meth. He's your friend, but you still have to get him help (In this case, punishing him) As nice as they are, they are still hackers.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CephGabriel on Sat May 25, 2013 10:15 am

Yeah I'd agree there.

Wish people wouldn't go to such extreme lengths to ruin a game.

Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy on Sat May 25, 2013 10:18 am

Well, that's society for you. They find something good, then destroy it with stuff like this and then wonder... hmmm... Why does no-one play Dark Souls anymore. (Not the case now, but maybe one day) Anywho, PM me your G-Tag, you seem pretty cool.

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. on Sat May 25, 2013 10:39 am

He hacked and played online so you were right to report him.

I would have kept the other stuff for sh!ts and giggles though.
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd on Sat May 25, 2013 11:45 am

Not saying you did the right thing or the wrong thing but you said that "you" invaded him meaning whether he is a hacker or not, you were given gifts from a guy you invaded.
    There are some people who used hacked or glitched toons that just want to play the game and not invade or be invaded. Remeber, there are alot of gankers in this game who I feel ruin it far worse than a guy doing PvE with a hacked toon. Having a hacked toon sometimes helps you against other gankers or hackers. IMO I would not have reported the guy since you were the one who invaded

Visit http://fextralife.com

subscribe, have fun, keep the site going
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Sat May 25, 2013 11:47 am

Good call. Drop the hacked stuff, say thanks for the helm and scythe and report him for his poor online behaviour. I can't fault your actions whatsoever

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 on Sat May 25, 2013 11:51 am

I agree about it being a good call.Even if that guy never killed anyone with his hacks,handing out hacked items just 'causes a whole lot of trouble.Plus I think that Smough's set has around 600 defence by itself so that would be very unfair in a fight.You should always report anyone you suspect of being a hacker.Even if Microsoft/Sony don't get him for Dark Souls,it still goes down on their record and might help bring them down on a different game.

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. on Sat May 25, 2013 11:52 am

twigsterxd wrote:Not saying you did the right thing or the wrong thing but you said that "you" invaded him meaning whether he is a hacker or not, you were given gifts from a guy you invaded.
    There are some people who used hacked or glitched toons that just want to play the game and not invade or be invaded. Remeber, there are alot of gankers in this game who I feel ruin it far worse than a guy doing PvE with a hacked toon. Having a hacked toon sometimes helps you against other gankers or hackers. IMO I would not have reported the guy since you were the one who invaded

False logic .

If he wants to hack but don't play Online he should play Offline .
    It doesn't matter wether you Invaded him or got Summoned by him these are just multiplayer mechanics, he plays Online and that opens up interactions with other Players .

Gabriel did the right thing .

twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd on Sat May 25, 2013 12:46 pm

You said, "Online and that opens up interactions with other Players", meaning the guy with hacked toon should not play online. To me that guy did nothing wrong other than better his gameplay with a glitched toon. He didn't invade, he was invaded. There are people who use glitched toons just for invading, and yes, they should be reported. But not all glitchers are bad. Do you think I should be reported using glitched toons? I don't invade, I lose more fights against invaders than I win. Should I be forced by the community to play offline because of a glitched toon? If that was the case, then shut the servers down because more than half the souls community cheats. You have people on pc with hacked toons, ps3 and xbox has them. Reporting every single person who has a hacked toon would dwindle the community right down. To me the guy did nothing wrong. But, that's my opinion. If we were to report all the cheaters, then the mods might as well delete the trading section cause it's no different.

Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy on Sat May 25, 2013 1:03 pm

You can play all the hacked toons you like, but I don't see what is to stop you from playing online. TBH, I don't believe you, because if this was all you did, why be online in the first place. If you invade cheats, it's the same as being invaded by cheats. They are still cheats. Also, there is a difference between the people who play the Souls games, and the Souls community. I would agree with you that a lot of people cheat in the Souls game, but *most* of our community is pretty clean and legit. I would value your input if you gave actual evidence, and had more of an idea about the topic. This guy, was glitching health, and handing out glitched weapons like candy. Not only is that corrupting Dark Souls anyway, He fought the OP before giving the weapons. Realising he could actually be beaten, he settled a peace prize, and no doubt would have moved on. Your main argument is that it was he who was invaded. If you invade a group of gankers, it is arguably wrong of them. They are not granted amnesty simply because "It is their game", just as people who double team hosts as invaders are looked down upon. It doesn't matter what side of it is wrong, it is still wrong. With your logic, if you came into my house with a box of doughnuts, as gifts for me, and I shot you dead then desecrated your corpse, I can argue that, "It was in my house". It is still wrong.

P.S. Read the argument and objectively create your own counter argument, with valid points to support, not just a minor point then support it with ridiculous amounts of flaming.

Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd on Sat May 25, 2013 1:20 pm

All I was merely pointing out is not ALL hackers are bad guys. I have used hacked or glitched toons, I don't invade, if invaded it's not my fault if invader dies, he invaded me. If invader dies, does that grant him kudos for reporting me? I play offline alot because I hate being invaded and can't PvP. When I do play online, it's usually to help a friend or I'm bored and just want to co op. With that said, should I be reported for using glitched toons?
    The guy with the hacked toon, as you stated, realised he could be hurt. So, that means, (to me), his hack wasn't that great or he sucks at PvP.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sat May 25, 2013 1:36 pm

If you are playing online with hacked items and using them to hurt the experience of invaders then yes you should be reported. If you switch to normal gear when invaded alright, you still shouldn't glitch but on a moral level I can't hold it against you if you don't use anything hacked/etc when facing the invaders.
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd on Sat May 25, 2013 1:51 pm

Tolvo wrote:If you are playing online with hacked items and using them to hurt the experience of invaders then yes you should be reported. If you switch to normal gear when invaded alright, you still shouldn't glitch but on a moral level I can't hold it against you if you don't use anything hacked/etc when facing the invaders.
    True but don't you feel it's ok to have a glitched toon, (assuming you don't invade), to be protected from invaders with glitched toons? We both know that most invasions with a glitched toon happens in undead berg. To me, being a glitched phantom helper being able to help protect host from glitched invader is better than hearing we lost another noob because those types of invaders ruin online play.
    Also, going back in time to a post I read in the old Demon Souls day, "INVADE AT YOUR OWN RISK", meaning you invade a glitcher, it's your fault not his lol.
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sat May 25, 2013 1:55 pm

Uh no it is the glitcher's fault not the invader.

If you are going against glitched invaders it is fine, that is fire with fire and while I wish it wasn't to that point in places like the Burg it is. Just try to make sure they have really powerful gear first, hit them with an arrow or something to see how much damage they take.

Glitched invaders ruin online play, and so do glitched hosts and summons.
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 on Sat May 25, 2013 1:59 pm

twigsterxd wrote:All I was merely pointing out is not ALL hackers are bad guys. I have used hacked or glitched toons, I don't invade, if invaded it's not my fault if invader dies, he invaded me. If invader dies, does that grant him kudos for reporting me? I play offline alot because I hate being invaded and can't PvP. When I do play online, it's usually to help a friend or I'm bored and just want to co op. With that said, should I be reported for using glitched toons?
    The guy with the hacked toon, as you stated, realised he could be hurt. So, that means, (to me), his hack wasn't that great or he sucks at PvP.

Look, if you hack, play offline. Nothing wrong with hacking when you are offline. And we never said he was a bad guy. If you hack and play online then you are ruining the experience of the game for players who actually want to play the game like it was intended. hackers bring nothing but sadness into dark souls because it is usually just children who don't have the skill/are too lazy to play the dang game. Hacking to test stuff? Sure, but stay offline. PERIOD.

"You never truly discover the nature of a weapon until you pretend to be it's former master"

twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd on Sat May 25, 2013 2:03 pm

I guess it just depends on your preferences. I like summoning phantoms who can 1 shot taurus demon with 3 players lol. That' was my way of making friends cause I knew that they could make a good low level build and help me out.
    Just to add tho, sometimes you don't get the chance to switch gear or even attempt trying to see if invader is a glitcher cause they usually on top of you before you know it.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sat May 25, 2013 2:07 pm

I'd say if you get the hit in and can tell, then if they have +10 armor you can just continue the fight. If they don't have amazing gear they'll probably run to heal or you'll easily be able to move away, and switch weapons at least. I actually keep a +5 Lightning Dagger for backstabs, but I also keep a +5 longsword. Both are in my right hand slot so I just press one button and switch to the dagger to kill people with too good of gear for the area.
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Sat May 25, 2013 2:10 pm

twigsterxd wrote:You said, "Online and that opens up interactions with other Players", meaning the guy with hacked toon should not play online. To me that guy did nothing wrong other than better his gameplay with a glitched toon. He didn't invade, he was invaded. There are people who use glitched toons just for invading, and yes, they should be reported. But not all glitchers are bad. Do you think I should be reported using glitched toons? I don't invade, I lose more fights against invaders than I win. Should I be forced by the community to play offline because of a glitched toon? If that was the case, then shut the servers down because more than half the souls community cheats. You have people on pc with hacked toons, ps3 and xbox has them. Reporting every single person who has a hacked toon would dwindle the community right down. To me the guy did nothing wrong. But, that's my opinion. If we were to report all the cheaters, then the mods might as well delete the trading section cause it's no different.
    He should play offline, it's not hard, you unplug the router long enough for the game to place you in offline mode, you're done, or you just stay hollow.

He knew he was opening himself up to invaders, like all people do when they turn human.

None of the legitimate players would have to deal with this crap if he just stayed offline, it's not hard to do.

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sat May 25, 2013 2:14 pm

I probably would've done the same, though if my personal experiences with the guy were overwhelmingly positive I might have let it slide. Yeah, I'm a hypocrite.

twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd on Sat May 25, 2013 2:24 pm

See even for me I suck at PvP. Like I said, I only play online when I wanna co op. I don't find anything wrong with having a glitched toon as long as it's just for PvE. Other than the ones with health cheats, (God mode type vit ruins game experience), it's no different than going on this forum, asking for certain items in help section and invading then. To me that's still a hacked toon. But people do it. I trade all the time. People say it's to help in their game but how do we really know lol
    I've been messaged many times by a noob wanting stuff, and this is as soon as I'm summoned. It's an on going thing but to be honest, how many people actually stop playing this or any other game cause of cheaters.
    Look at CoD, i've seen my nephew literally stand in front of a guy with God mode type soldier and people still play. It sucks I understand but it's gonna happen. I'm betting by mid January there's gonna be glitches for DkS2 and people will abuse them.

lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf on Sat May 25, 2013 2:52 pm

Disposing of hacked stuff was the right thing to do although having 99 divines can come in handy against idiots

Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Sat May 25, 2013 2:59 pm

twigsterxd wrote:See even for me I suck at PvP. Like I said, I only play online when I wanna co op. I don't find anything wrong with having a glitched toon as long as it's just for PvE. Other than the ones with health cheats, (God mode type vit ruins game experience), it's no different than going on this forum, asking for certain items in help section and invading then. To me that's still a hacked toon. But people do it. I trade all the time. People say it's to help in their game but how do we really know lol
    I've been messaged many times by a noob wanting stuff, and this is as soon as I'm summoned. It's an on going thing but to be honest, how many people actually stop playing this or any other game cause of cheaters.
    Look at CoD, i've seen my nephew literally stand in front of a guy with God mode type soldier and people still play. It sucks I understand but it's gonna happen. I'm betting by mid January there's gonna be glitches for DkS2 and people will abuse them.
    Trading isn't cheating, if I'm a Darkmoon I don't want to quit, join forest covenant just for a Uchi when my friend can buy one and I can give him consumable souls for it.

If you have unlimited health you don't need to summon people, so you should stay hollow, or just PLAY OFFLINE and you can summon Solaire when you need him.

swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris on Sat May 25, 2013 3:09 pm

You did the right thing I think but I don't know if I would have done it.

As for the glitched items I would have dropped them like you did.

All hail Prince Amadeous Son of the Goddess Velka
    Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

Dark souls fencing
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing
    CephGabriel
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CephGabriel on Sat May 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Wow, I started an interesting topic here.

It seems the two sides of the argument are depending on your view of red phantoms.

Pro glitchers: red phantoms have invaded so they can kill you and take your humanity

Against glitchers: red phantoms have invaded for a fun, honourable PvP duel.

Now, some details I should add.

This was done in the forests, a PvP area.
    Upon entering the world I bowed politely and waited for him to bow. Upon no reaction from him, I stood patiently waiting for him to come back from what I assumed was him afk. Most likely he was looking through his inventory to drop said gifts.

While this whole complex gift dropping was going on we were invaded by many forest bros and red phans. The ones who bowed, I bowed back, the host stood back and we duelled (probably worth noting I had to persuade the host to let me do this, he stated clearly he wanted to just BS them and carry on trading with me). I won them, through skill/luck I used no hacked stuff. Whenever someone attacked me or host without bowing he'd just swing his insta kill sword and insta-kill them.

So clearly this guy was out to kill PvPers, and my surprising formality (bowing and politely waiting) maybe showed him the light of the nice world of Dark Souls PvP rather than the ganking side somehow won me over to him.

Btw he is 10 if that is any bearing on this situation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:25 pm