Dual arena whit a waiting room.

    Share

    Poll

    Waiting room? good or bad?

    [ 1 ]
    20% [20%] 
    [ 2 ]
    40% [40%] 
    [ 2 ]
    40% [40%] 

    Total Votes: 5

    mattecoolio
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 23
    Reputation : -5
    Join date : 2013-05-19

    Dual arena whit a waiting room.

    Post by mattecoolio on Thu May 23, 2013 9:14 pm

    ok so we are probably going to get a pvp arena where we can meet people and fight but what i want is a room where players can meet and challenge other players to a fight when a player enters the arenas waiting room for the first time they get are send to a character creation screen but for cloths like neural cloths so people cant see what Armour and weapons the person have in the room you can edit your armor set that are separate from your adventure cloths so this is how i mean you have two sets tab 1 pve your normal set and tab 2 your pvp so you dont need to rearrange when entering or leaving but you can only use your own gear.
    avatar
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 900
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2013-04-20

    Re: Dual arena whit a waiting room.

    Post by SadPanda on Thu May 23, 2013 9:18 pm

    mattecoolio wrote:ok so we are probably going to get a pvp arena where we can meet people and fight but what i want is a room where players can meet and challenge other players to a fight when a player enters the arenas waiting room for the first time they get are send to a character creation screen but for cloths like neural cloths so people cant see what Armour and weapons the person have in the room you can edit your armor set that are separate from your adventure cloths so this is how i mean you have two sets tab 1 pve your normal set and tab 2 your pvp so you dont need to rearrange when entering or leaving but you can only use your own gear.
    Man, trust me on this, take some time when writing out something. Again, not trying to be a jerk or anything, but this is insanely hard to read. If you care that much about making a topic, make it look like you care and you'll get better feedback. Anyways,

    So you're saying that there would be a separate screen to switch in between PvE and PvP armor?

    mattecoolio
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 23
    Reputation : -5
    Join date : 2013-05-19

    Re: Dual arena whit a waiting room.

    Post by mattecoolio on Thu May 23, 2013 9:23 pm

    SadPanda wrote:
    mattecoolio wrote:ok so we are probably going to get a pvp arena where we can meet people and fight but what i want is a room where players can meet and challenge other players to a fight when a player enters the arenas waiting room for the first time they get are send to a character creation screen but for cloths like neural cloths so people cant see what Armour and weapons the person have in the room you can edit your armor set that are separate from your adventure cloths so this is how i mean you have two sets tab 1 pve your normal set and tab 2 your pvp so you dont need to rearrange when entering or leaving but you can only use your own gear.
    Man, trust me on this, take some time when writing out something. Again, not trying to be a jerk or anything, but this is insanely hard to read. If you care that much about making a topic, make it look like you care and you'll get better feedback. Anyways,

    So you're saying that there would be a separate screen to switch in between PvE and PvP armor?
    yes and you can have same equipment on both tabs if you like

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Dual arena whit a waiting room.

    Post by Animaaal on Thu May 23, 2013 9:31 pm

    I personally hope the arena stays in Dark Souls 2. Unless it is completely reworked...nvm...I don't even want to think about it actually.
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Dual arena whit a waiting room.

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Thu May 23, 2013 9:39 pm

    The arena needs to be rebuilt from scatch. Though I don't find a waiting room where you can switch between PvE and PvP is part of the answer to it.


    _________________
    avatar
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 434
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2013-05-16
    Location : Where all the lag is

    Re: Dual arena whit a waiting room.

    Post by StiffNipples on Fri May 24, 2013 2:30 am

    I had an idea like this once, I'll try to explain.

    Essentially it would be completely separate from the main game, you'd have at the loading screen

    [New Game]
    [Load Game]
    [Enter Arena]

    Selecting Enter Arena would take you to a character creation screen with 3 save slots, these would have in them either [New Character] or a previously created character.
    In this character creation screen you would kit out your character, with a limit of 3 stacks of spells and miracles and pyro's (bar covenant ones) and all the armour and weapons unlocked, with unlimited stats (or limited stats, lets say each character slot is limited to a bracket, SL50, SL100, and SL200) that you can freely level until you hit whatever cap you choose.

    Then you proceed into matchmaking where the game selects a partener based off your level (you could also then factor skill into this with some sort of win/loss ratio system or something) or you can select to matchmake only from your friends list.
    Then you proceed to be dropped in the arena and fight.


    This is kind of what I thought would happen when they announced 'matchmaking'.
    I then thought it wasn't really a good idea as it would diminish the PvP pool in the main game and essentially divide the player base. So I tossed the idea away, but I still think it would be cool, however I don't want defined 'campaign' and 'multiplayer/verses' modes in this game.
    So no, I wouldn't really like it.


    I will say though, that when I read the title I thought that it would be like a huge room where you walk into it (after creating your character) and see (clearly) phantoms of other players, walking up to one and doing a certain guesture in a close radius and having them return the guesture (GLOVE SLAP, BABY) would initiate a duel between the too. That's what I thought of when I read "waiting room".
    That would be cool.


    _________________
    GFWL: STLFFNLPPLES
    avatar
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 78
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2013-03-26

    Re: Dual arena whit a waiting room.

    Post by O1va_ on Fri May 24, 2013 4:22 am

    I voted bad, I don't get whats the point. If I want to duel someone in particular, we can arrange that somewhere with low traffic. If I want to duel randoms whats the point of seeing them, even less if I can't see their equipment,

    @StiffNipples

    Your idea I don't like at all. For me the main way of PvP is invasions, duels are secondary. And to make it a different game mode is just too FPS to me. PvP was made to be part of PvE, and I think its absolutely genious.
    avatar
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 434
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2013-05-16
    Location : Where all the lag is

    Re: Dual arena whit a waiting room.

    Post by StiffNipples on Fri May 24, 2013 5:57 am

    Hence why I said:

    "I then thought it wasn't really a good idea as it would diminish the PvP pool in the main game and essentially divide the player base. So I tossed the idea away, but I still think it would be cool, however I don't want defined 'campaign' and 'multiplayer/verses' modes in this game.
    So no, I wouldn't really like it."


    _________________
    GFWL: STLFFNLPPLES

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dual arena whit a waiting room.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:25 pm