Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
RANT
SadPanda
reim0027
LunarFog
SirArchmage
Latitoast
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Myztyrio
Elifia
Ghadis_God
Animaaal
Shakie666
16 posters

Fast roll vs Mid roll

Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Fast roll vs Mid roll - Page 2 Empty Re: Fast roll vs Mid roll

Post by Elifia Fri May 24, 2013 5:46 pm

Sentiel wrote:I'm not sure, but I think only Iron Flesh gives the weapon rebound effect upon hit.

Only real use for greatshield is being able to block pesky spell spammers, however being unable to parry is a huge disadvantage imo.

Nononono, it's the other way around. Iron Flesh increases your defence and and poise (but it can still be broken), and makes you walk really really slowly. That's it. Havel's buff gives you infinite poise and the weapon bounce.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri May 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Elifia wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:I'm not sure, but I think only Iron Flesh gives the weapon rebound effect upon hit.

Only real use for greatshield is being able to block pesky spell spammers, however being unable to parry is a huge disadvantage imo.

Nononono, it's the other way around. Iron Flesh increases your defence and and poise (but it can still be broken), and makes you walk really really slowly. That's it. Havel's buff gives you infinite poise and the weapon bounce.
    That's definitely wrong. I'm a Dex guy, so I'm not sure about Havels, since I don't use it, but I'm 100% sure Iron Flesh gives the rebound. You get higher defences + rebound, but you walk slower and get extra lightning damage.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri May 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Elifia wrote:

That's definitely wrong. I'm a Dex guy, so I'm not sure about Havels, since I don't use it, but I'm 100% sure Iron Flesh gives the rebound. You get higher defences + rebound, but you walk slower and get extra lightning damage.

Hmm, then I must test this. But I am sure about Havel's, I've used it and have had it used against me often enough.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri May 24, 2013 6:27 pm

i've used both and both give rebound, but iron flesh only gives you a poise boost not infinite poise like the havel shield does, but in exchange ironflesh gives a defense buff while havels leaves your defenses the same.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri May 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Okay I tested, and indeed, both give the bounce thing. But neither do that versus every enemy/attack. I fought a Black Knight with a Black Knight Sword. His opening attack didn't bounce, but the smaller attacks that followed did. Then I tried the same on one with a a Black Knight Greatsword, he didn't bounce at all. The Halberd guy only bounced with fast pokes. The Black Knights could break my poise easily while using Iron Flesh, but not while using Havel's.

Then I challenged Havel while cosplaying Havel myself. His 1h attacks bounced. His 2h attacks did not. And the *** managed to stagger me with every *** attack, even though I was wearing full Havel's (enough to resist a 2h greathammer hit with ease) AND used Havel's buff! Not to mention that he took more than half my hp with each hit. Even the UGS BK couldn't do more than 10% per hit. Havel is OP.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri May 24, 2013 7:02 pm

@Elifia

applause applause applause
    applause applause
    applause

applause:

Thank you, great effort Bow
    Elifia