Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Mr. Tart
Onion Knight
densetsushun
Hugh_G_Johnson
VaDoom
barrywilkins
KrazykevS10
Serious_Much
Rynn
lonewolf
raecor14
Dibsville
Hart
17 posters

#BringBackRenegade

Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

#BringBackRenegade Empty #BringBackRenegade

Post by Hart Thu May 23, 2013 5:38 am

Topic

Show your support
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

#BringBackRenegade Empty Re: #BringBackRenegade

Post by Dibsville Thu May 23, 2013 5:43 am

^
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu May 23, 2013 5:44 am

rather than just say that i want him back i am going to say why
    1. people make mistakes, he has been nothing but helpful, fun and nice before this one single incident.
    2. it was dealt with. a mod had already done something leave it alone.
    3. this fourm has few powerhouses, those guys who can help with almost anything HE WAS ONE. now we have one less the fourm is a worse place
    4. it really shows how this fourm works.

note: i dont believe what he did was the correct thing, it was however, a mistake and mistakes should be forgiven.
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Thu May 23, 2013 5:44 am

^
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 23, 2013 5:49 am

No, absolutely not.

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

This is not a mistake, this was a very deliberate act. Renegade couldn't have known this wasn't correct. He also seems to be accepting the concequences.

[5/22/2013 3:19:23 PM] ♥Renny♥: I was banned, for I think a valid reason

He has accepted his fate, one that he deserves.

So should you.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu May 23, 2013 5:53 am

Rynn wrote:No, absolutely not.

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

This is not a mistake, this was a very deliberate act. Renegade couldn't have known this wasn't correct. He also seems to be accepting the concequences.

So should you.
    he did a bad thing yes, however, i dont think ANYONE realy thinks making him leave was a good idea. a warning and a temp ban would have been fine.
    Note: i hope Satoshi can get to a better place. i read your thread man and it broke my heart, best wishes to you.
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Thu May 23, 2013 6:03 am

#BringBackRenegade Ren_wa10
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 23, 2013 6:08 am

Guys I'm gonna speak very openly here.

I was involved in a situation like this a long time ago on this very forum. One of my friends got banned, a few of us complained about it, cracked jokes about a "James v fex" night, get demanding he be brought back.

2/3 more of us got banned as a result.

Frankly though, I wised up, apologised to Fex and came back because I realised what I was doing was dumb.

Please guys, don't make the same mistake I did or worse- everyone who gets banned will know exactly what they did wrong. Ren is no exception.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Thu May 23, 2013 6:15 am

I think he deserves a punch in the face for what he said but a full on ban seems a bit much.Not because of what he did but more that he didn't seem to get a warning.I'd like to think his comments were on making the subject they were directed at less painful.
    A suspension for a month or so would be more appropriate,there is a big difference between doing something on purpose and accidentally making a giant a** of yourself.As raecor said,the forum has a few people who do more to keep it going than most of us,Ren was one and I don't see this helping the forum in the long run.
    I am not demanding he be brought back,just asking that my opinion be considered.If I am banned for that then clearly this forum is not nearly as good as I thought.Nobody likes to see a ban issued.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Thu May 23, 2013 6:16 am

uh, i missed it. what happened?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 23, 2013 6:18 am

I'm a close friend of renegades, but he made a deliberate choice when he posted that information, and Emergence made the deliberate choice to fully enforce the rules.

Renny made 2 posts that were worthy of permabans. He received a warning when Reim edited his first post and said "don't do it again"

E. has stated this is not up for debate. Please don't continue this.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Thu May 23, 2013 6:21 am

I can't join the move.

I like Ren very much. I'm not a very active member, nor the kind of person to attach myself easily to people I actually don't now IRL, but Ren's posts are generally clever and/or fun, I will definitely miss it if he stays banned. But he can't be unbanned just because we ask for it imo.That would remove any credibility from the mods.
    I would support him if the mods were obviously wrong, but it seems Ren himself admitted he was banned for a valid reason.
    Did he do a mistake? It seems so.
    Can it be forgiven? Yes, we all do mistakes. But that's a problem between him and the mods to possibly solve.
    Don't make him a martyr, I don't want to see a war between mods and members
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu May 23, 2013 7:12 am

I don't know what to say... it's an unfortunate situation and it makes me sad... and... I still don't know what to say. But, I wanted to say something and just -- as the OP says: show my support.

Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Thu May 23, 2013 7:18 am

Agreed that he deserves a punch in the face, but would a three-month ban not be sufficient?

If the mods banned him for legal reasons, then please be upfront with us about it. He has provided alot of good info, and his threads were a big reason I finally joined the community.

If it was (as I suspect) for moral reasons, then, at least IMO the choice over the consequences to his post should have been up to the person he supposedly offended, and if this turned out not to be the case the community at large.

This was a much more sensitive issue than those the modders would usually deal with, and as such I think it would have been better to ask us what we thought about the matter.
    There are many of us who think Renegades ban was unfair, and at the same time we all support the creator of the original thread while he is going through a hard time and beyond that too.

I believe Ren's posts were ignorant and not thought through, but also not intended to be malicious or incite another member into doing something none of us want to see.

There's a big difference between ignorance and ill-intent.

#Edontbanme
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu May 23, 2013 7:29 am

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

So should you.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu May 23, 2013 7:30 am

Hart wrote:Agreed that he deserves a punch in the face, but would a three-month ban not be sufficient?

If the mods banned him for legal reasons, then please be upfront with us about it. He has provided alot of good info, and his threads were a big reason I finally joined the community.

If it was (as I suspect) for moral reasons, then, at least IMO the choice over the consequences to his post should have been up to the person he supposedly offended, and if this turned out not to be the case the community at large.

This was a much more sensitive issue than those the modders would usually deal with, and as such I think it would have been better to ask us what we thought about the matter.
    There are many of us who think Renegades ban was unfair, and at the same time we all support the creator of the original thread while he is going through a hard time and beyond that too.

I believe Ren's posts were ignorant and not thought through, but also not intended to be malicious or incite another member into doing something none of us want to see.

There's a big difference between ignorance and ill-intent.

#Edontbanme
    id also like to place a little blame on the Mods for this. not because they did a bad job but that is a SERIOUS issue and i believe that someone should have taken it upon themselves to warn what would have hapend. i never had a dad, if i put that up on a thread i would expect a few dodgy posts.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu May 23, 2013 7:59 am

He essentially broke the guidelines, was border-lining on legal issues and was undermining the help people were trying to give on that thread.

It doesn't matter how many posts, points or how much rep you have if you do something like that you have to go, otherwise you undermine the entire guidelines and moderation system that is here and set a double standard.

Time to move on. I'm sure other people can step up and fill in the hole it has made in the community. But wasting time moaning to the admins isn't taking this community forwards like Renegade himself probably would have wanted.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu May 23, 2013 8:41 am

I agree with Rynn.

I know a lot of us loved Para, it was quite obvious by his popularity, but honestly, even though I consider him a friend, I don't think he should be brought back. I have mixed feelings about the permaban, but I see no reason to change it now. What's done is done, and even though he may have had good intentions for his post, it came out wrong. Very wrong.

Besides, if someone who wasn't Para said this, how many of you would stand up for that person? Honestly, how many of you would? I don't even think half of you would, so just leave it. Because even if you keep it up, he won't be brought back.
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Thu May 23, 2013 8:59 am

There's a line, they crossed it and it can't be forgiven simple as
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu May 23, 2013 9:06 am

Mr. Tart wrote:Besides, if someone who wasn't Para said this, how many of you would stand up for that person? Honestly, how many of you would? I don't even think half of you would, so just leave it. Because even if you keep it up, he won't be brought back.
    While half of these people may not support a different person, another group of people would. Just because we support him doesn't mean we're the only ones who support our friends.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu May 23, 2013 9:10 am

Dibsville wrote:While half of these people may not support a different person, another group of people would. Just because we support him doesn't mean we're the only ones who support our friends.
    The point isn't that another group would support their friends, it's that you're not objectively against the ban of Ren.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu May 23, 2013 9:32 am

Hart wrote:I believe Ren's posts were ignorant and not thought through, but also not intended to be malicious or incite another member into doing something none of us want to see

I would disagree with that. Those posts were the definition of "malicious" and while I would like to see Renegade back, for personal reasons, the ban is 100% justified.

I would also like us not to lose sight of the fact that Satoshi's well-being is more important than a forum ban. He opened up to us and threw himself at the mercy of an online community. Saddling him with the guilt of someone's ban is downright cruel, IMO.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu May 23, 2013 9:41 am

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

So should you.
    Though I would like to have Cop back. I think the above post states truth.
    So be it.
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Thu May 23, 2013 9:54 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:

I would also like us not to lose sight of the fact that Satoshi's well-being is more important than a forum ban. He opened up to us and threw himself at the mercy of an online community. Saddling him with the guilt of someone's ban is downright cruel, IMO.

I agree that Satoshi's well being should be our first priority, and I don't think anyone is going to dispute that. Many of us wanting Renegade back have replyed to his thread offering what help we can offer.
    The point of this thread was NOT to place the blame on Satoshi for the ban, so let me categorically say;

THE BAN ON RENNY WAS 100% HIS FAULT

My issue with this is that we have lost an obviously valuable member to something that was a stupid stupid blunder (IMO, obviously alot of you disagree with me here).

Anyway, the point of this thread was to open this issue up for discussion, because I disagree with it being such an open and closed case for many people, and I think we should be allowed to discuss it.
    In addition to this though, let it be a place for us to mourn the loss of a great member, because its looking less and less likely we have a hope of him returning.

#BringBackRenegade/#RenegadeRIP

Just as an aside, it seems some of you think this may have a negative impact on other members. As it stands I hope/don't think it will. But I'll delete the thread if someone convinces me to do so.

Last edited by Hart on Thu May 23, 2013 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu May 23, 2013 9:56 am

Who are you anyway? And why did you join?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:18 am