#BringBackRenegade

    Share
    avatar
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 373
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2013-05-21
    Age : 24
    Location : NZ

    #BringBackRenegade

    Post by Hart on Thu May 23, 2013 5:38 am

    Topic

    Show your support
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by Dibsville on Thu May 23, 2013 5:43 am

    ^


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1080
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-06-21
    Age : 21
    Location : Australia

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by raecor14 on Thu May 23, 2013 5:44 am

    rather than just say that i want him back i am going to say why
    1. people make mistakes, he has been nothing but helpful, fun and nice before this one single incident.
    2. it was dealt with. a mod had already done something leave it alone.
    3. this fourm has few powerhouses, those guys who can help with almost anything HE WAS ONE. now we have one less the fourm is a worse place
    4. it really shows how this fourm works.

    note: i dont believe what he did was the correct thing, it was however, a mistake and mistakes should be forgiven.


    _________________
    #Edon'tbanme
    avatar
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 491
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-08-11
    Location : The T.A.R.D.I.S.

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by lonewolf on Thu May 23, 2013 5:44 am

    ^


    _________________
    XBL: lone wolf 986
    Ask and you shal know.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by Rynn on Thu May 23, 2013 5:49 am

    No, absolutely not.

    ABSOLUTELY NOT.

    This is not a mistake, this was a very deliberate act. Renegade couldn't have known this wasn't correct. He also seems to be accepting the concequences.

    [5/22/2013 3:19:23 PM] ♥Renny♥: I was banned, for I think a valid reason

    He has accepted his fate, one that he deserves.

    So should you.
    avatar
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1080
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-06-21
    Age : 21
    Location : Australia

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by raecor14 on Thu May 23, 2013 5:53 am

    Rynn wrote:No, absolutely not.

    ABSOLUTELY NOT.

    This is not a mistake, this was a very deliberate act. Renegade couldn't have known this wasn't correct. He also seems to be accepting the concequences.

    [5/22/2013 3:19:23 PM] ♥Renny♥: I was banned, for I think a valid reason

    He has accepted his fate, one that he deserves.

    So should you.
    he did a bad thing yes, however, i dont think ANYONE realy thinks making him leave was a good idea. a warning and a temp ban would have been fine.
    Note: i hope Satoshi can get to a better place. i read your thread man and it broke my heart, best wishes to you.


    _________________
    #Edon'tbanme
    avatar
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 491
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-08-11
    Location : The T.A.R.D.I.S.

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by lonewolf on Thu May 23, 2013 6:03 am



    _________________
    XBL: lone wolf 986
    Ask and you shal know.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by Serious_Much on Thu May 23, 2013 6:08 am

    Guys I'm gonna speak very openly here.

    I was involved in a situation like this a long time ago on this very forum. One of my friends got banned, a few of us complained about it, cracked jokes about a "James v fex" night, get demanding he be brought back.

    2/3 more of us got banned as a result.

    Frankly though, I wised up, apologised to Fex and came back because I realised what I was doing was dumb.

    Please guys, don't make the same mistake I did or worse- everyone who gets banned will know exactly what they did wrong. Ren is no exception.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1566
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2013-01-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Ireland

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by KrazykevS10 on Thu May 23, 2013 6:15 am

    I think he deserves a punch in the face for what he said but a full on ban seems a bit much.Not because of what he did but more that he didn't seem to get a warning.I'd like to think his comments were on making the subject they were directed at less painful.
    A suspension for a month or so would be more appropriate,there is a big difference between doing something on purpose and accidentally making a giant a** of yourself.As raecor said,the forum has a few people who do more to keep it going than most of us,Ren was one and I don't see this helping the forum in the long run.
    I am not demanding he be brought back,just asking that my opinion be considered.If I am banned for that then clearly this forum is not nearly as good as I thought.Nobody likes to see a ban issued.


    _________________
    avatar
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 311
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by barrywilkins on Thu May 23, 2013 6:16 am

    uh, i missed it. what happened?
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by Rynn on Thu May 23, 2013 6:18 am

    I'm a close friend of renegades, but he made a deliberate choice when he posted that information, and Emergence made the deliberate choice to fully enforce the rules.

    Renny made 2 posts that were worthy of permabans. He received a warning when Reim edited his first post and said "don't do it again"

    E. has stated this is not up for debate. Please don't continue this.
    avatar
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 420
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-14
    Age : 36
    Location : France

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by VaDoom on Thu May 23, 2013 6:21 am

    I can't join the move.

    I like Ren very much. I'm not a very active member, nor the kind of person to attach myself easily to people I actually don't now IRL, but Ren's posts are generally clever and/or fun, I will definitely miss it if he stays banned. But he can't be unbanned just because we ask for it imo.That would remove any credibility from the mods.
    I would support him if the mods were obviously wrong, but it seems Ren himself admitted he was banned for a valid reason.
    Did he do a mistake? It seems so.
    Can it be forgiven? Yes, we all do mistakes. But that's a problem between him and the mods to possibly solve.
    Don't make him a martyr, I don't want to see a war between mods and members


    _________________
    PSN : mega_perle
    PC : BandeDeNazes
    avatar
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 775
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Location : World of the Guilty

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by Hugh_G_Johnson on Thu May 23, 2013 7:12 am

    I don't know what to say... it's an unfortunate situation and it makes me sad... and... I still don't know what to say. But, I wanted to say something and just -- as the OP says: show my support.



    _________________

    Messengers of Velka proudly allied with: The Exiled  Coffee! MoV Chat Coffee!
    avatar
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 373
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2013-05-21
    Age : 24
    Location : NZ

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by Hart on Thu May 23, 2013 7:18 am

    Agreed that he deserves a punch in the face, but would a three-month ban not be sufficient?

    If the mods banned him for legal reasons, then please be upfront with us about it. He has provided alot of good info, and his threads were a big reason I finally joined the community.

    If it was (as I suspect) for moral reasons, then, at least IMO the choice over the consequences to his post should have been up to the person he supposedly offended, and if this turned out not to be the case the community at large.

    This was a much more sensitive issue than those the modders would usually deal with, and as such I think it would have been better to ask us what we thought about the matter.
    There are many of us who think Renegades ban was unfair, and at the same time we all support the creator of the original thread while he is going through a hard time and beyond that too.

    I believe Ren's posts were ignorant and not thought through, but also not intended to be malicious or incite another member into doing something none of us want to see.

    There's a big difference between ignorance and ill-intent.

    #Edontbanme


    _________________

    Smile, it confuses people.
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by densetsushun on Thu May 23, 2013 7:29 am

    Rynn wrote:No, absolutely not.

    ABSOLUTELY NOT.

    This is not a mistake, this was a very deliberate act. Renegade couldn't have known this wasn't correct. He also seems to be accepting the concequences.

    [5/22/2013 3:19:23 PM] ♥Renny♥: I was banned, for I think a valid reason

    He has accepted his fate, one that he deserves.

    So should you.


    _________________
    George Takei:
    Here's a little Internet tip: If you feel offended by something someone else posts, remember two simple rules:

    1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

    Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    avatar
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1080
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-06-21
    Age : 21
    Location : Australia

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by raecor14 on Thu May 23, 2013 7:30 am

    Hart wrote:Agreed that he deserves a punch in the face, but would a three-month ban not be sufficient?

    If the mods banned him for legal reasons, then please be upfront with us about it. He has provided alot of good info, and his threads were a big reason I finally joined the community.

    If it was (as I suspect) for moral reasons, then, at least IMO the choice over the consequences to his post should have been up to the person he supposedly offended, and if this turned out not to be the case the community at large.

    This was a much more sensitive issue than those the modders would usually deal with, and as such I think it would have been better to ask us what we thought about the matter.
    There are many of us who think Renegades ban was unfair, and at the same time we all support the creator of the original thread while he is going through a hard time and beyond that too.

    I believe Ren's posts were ignorant and not thought through, but also not intended to be malicious or incite another member into doing something none of us want to see.

    There's a big difference between ignorance and ill-intent.

    #Edontbanme
    id also like to place a little blame on the Mods for this. not because they did a bad job but that is a SERIOUS issue and i believe that someone should have taken it upon themselves to warn what would have hapend. i never had a dad, if i put that up on a thread i would expect a few dodgy posts.


    _________________
    #Edon'tbanme
    avatar
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Great Britain

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by Onion Knight on Thu May 23, 2013 7:59 am

    He essentially broke the guidelines, was border-lining on legal issues and was undermining the help people were trying to give on that thread.

    It doesn't matter how many posts, points or how much rep you have if you do something like that you have to go, otherwise you undermine the entire guidelines and moderation system that is here and set a double standard.

    Time to move on. I'm sure other people can step up and fill in the hole it has made in the community. But wasting time moaning to the admins isn't taking this community forwards like Renegade himself probably would have wanted.


    _________________
    Steam: OnionKnight
    PSN: Bohemond-Antioch93
    Youtube: Balthier Ivalice
    avatar
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3748
    Reputation : 112
    Join date : 2012-09-14
    Age : 22
    Location : The Void.

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by Mr. Tart on Thu May 23, 2013 8:41 am

    I agree with Rynn.

    I know a lot of us loved Para, it was quite obvious by his popularity, but honestly, even though I consider him a friend, I don't think he should be brought back. I have mixed feelings about the permaban, but I see no reason to change it now. What's done is done, and even though he may have had good intentions for his post, it came out wrong. Very wrong.

    Besides, if someone who wasn't Para said this, how many of you would stand up for that person? Honestly, how many of you would? I don't even think half of you would, so just leave it. Because even if you keep it up, he won't be brought back.


    _________________
    XBL Gamertag: xFingeR PaiNtx PSN ID: Mr_Tartington
    "I have returned. After an eternity away from you all, Jack of Blades is back!"
    avatar
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 263
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-09-09
    Age : 23
    Location : England

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by Peaceful Wollyhop on Thu May 23, 2013 8:59 am

    There's a line, they crossed it and it can't be forgiven simple as


    _________________


    XBLG - DesertFoX 797
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by Dibsville on Thu May 23, 2013 9:06 am

    Mr. Tart wrote:Besides, if someone who wasn't Para said this, how many of you would stand up for that person? Honestly, how many of you would? I don't even think half of you would, so just leave it. Because even if you keep it up, he won't be brought back.
    While half of these people may not support a different person, another group of people would. Just because we support him doesn't mean we're the only ones who support our friends.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by densetsushun on Thu May 23, 2013 9:10 am

    Dibsville wrote:While half of these people may not support a different person, another group of people would. Just because we support him doesn't mean we're the only ones who support our friends.
    The point isn't that another group would support their friends, it's that you're not objectively against the ban of Ren.


    _________________
    George Takei:
    Here's a little Internet tip: If you feel offended by something someone else posts, remember two simple rules:

    1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

    Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    avatar
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11501
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2012-04-18
    Age : 28
    Location : WPB, Florida

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu May 23, 2013 9:32 am

    Hart wrote:I believe Ren's posts were ignorant and not thought through, but also not intended to be malicious or incite another member into doing something none of us want to see

    I would disagree with that. Those posts were the definition of "malicious" and while I would like to see Renegade back, for personal reasons, the ban is 100% justified.

    I would also like us not to lose sight of the fact that Satoshi's well-being is more important than a forum ban. He opened up to us and threw himself at the mercy of an online community. Saddling him with the guilt of someone's ban is downright cruel, IMO.

    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Thu May 23, 2013 9:41 am

    Rynn wrote:No, absolutely not.

    ABSOLUTELY NOT.

    This is not a mistake, this was a very deliberate act. Renegade couldn't have known this wasn't correct. He also seems to be accepting the concequences.

    [5/22/2013 3:19:23 PM] ♥Renny♥: I was banned, for I think a valid reason

    He has accepted his fate, one that he deserves.

    So should you.
    Though I would like to have Cop back. I think the above post states truth.
    So be it.


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.
    avatar
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 373
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2013-05-21
    Age : 24
    Location : NZ

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by Hart on Thu May 23, 2013 9:54 am

    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:

    I would also like us not to lose sight of the fact that Satoshi's well-being is more important than a forum ban. He opened up to us and threw himself at the mercy of an online community. Saddling him with the guilt of someone's ban is downright cruel, IMO.

    I agree that Satoshi's well being should be our first priority, and I don't think anyone is going to dispute that. Many of us wanting Renegade back have replyed to his thread offering what help we can offer.
    The point of this thread was NOT to place the blame on Satoshi for the ban, so let me categorically say;

    THE BAN ON RENNY WAS 100% HIS FAULT

    My issue with this is that we have lost an obviously valuable member to something that was a stupid stupid blunder (IMO, obviously alot of you disagree with me here).

    Anyway, the point of this thread was to open this issue up for discussion, because I disagree with it being such an open and closed case for many people, and I think we should be allowed to discuss it.
    In addition to this though, let it be a place for us to mourn the loss of a great member, because its looking less and less likely we have a hope of him returning.

    #BringBackRenegade/#RenegadeRIP

    Just as an aside, it seems some of you think this may have a negative impact on other members. As it stands I hope/don't think it will. But I'll delete the thread if someone convinces me to do so.


    Last edited by Hart on Thu May 23, 2013 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________

    Smile, it confuses people.
    avatar
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4239
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Age : 27
    Location : Sweet Devil

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by Hatsune Miku on Thu May 23, 2013 9:56 am

    Who are you anyway? And why did you join?


    _________________
    Signature created by me, Hatsune Miku.

    Sponsored content

    Re: #BringBackRenegade

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:24 pm