Help with what went wrong trying for Foe's Ring

Soxette

Help with what went wrong trying for Foe's Ring

Post by Soxette on Tue May 21, 2013 9:49 pm

I've read instructions on how to get the Foe's Ring & I followed it exactly, but I didn't get it.
    I killed everyone on the list although most people say you only have to kill Yuria. I was also told that's it automatic once you kill Yuria. I talked to Meph then killed everyone then talked to him again & he awarded me a Stone of Ephemeral Eye. I talked to him again & he attacked me first. I did not attack him first. I cannot figure out what I did wrong. I don't want to make the same mistake in NG+. I didn't talk to him in between killing everyone but I was told it doesn't matter because it's automatic once you kill Yuria.
    I'd rather get some advice/help before attempting this again. Thanks!
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Re: Help with what went wrong trying for Foe's Ring

Post by Saturday-Saint on Tue May 21, 2013 10:33 pm

You have to talk to Mephistopheles for each individual assassination before you do it. So if you talk to Mephistopheles and she tells you to kill Urbain, and then you kill everybody, she'll only give you the reward for Urbain, which is a SoEE. The order she gives the assassinations in is, IIRC, Urbain/Freke (SoEE) > Patches/Biorr (CDS) > Ostrava (ToB) > Yuria (Foe). She also attacks you once everybody is dead.

Now if you don't care about the earlier rewards, you don't need to talk to her in between each assassination, but you do need to talk to her before you get to the one you want. So E.G. if you want ToB and Foe's Ring, you could kill Urbain, Freke, Patches, and Biorr, talk to her to get assigned to kill Ostrava, kill him, collect the ToB, then talk to her again to get assigned to kill Yuria, kill her, get the reward, then kill Mephistopheles since she'll attack you at that point.

Soxette

Post by Soxette on Wed May 22, 2013 12:19 am

Thanks a lot for your insight. That makes complete sense.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:52 am