Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
eminusx
Shakie666
Rollo-99
PSneep
Marionx
Lorrac ESP
Major_kenny
Hereticool
Argetlam350
Silver Mont
Animaaal
princevalvick664
RANT
Sentiel
Dutchy
tofucactaur
Aevun
OmarTheFuzzy
passivefamiliar
vegan666
amaro57
R3dlace
Serious_Much
Emergence
SlothAlmighty
Seignar
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Slarg232
SadPanda
Jim Jam 94
StiffNipples
Halicarnassis
Sargerus
Saturday-Saint
Hue
Looking Glass Mind
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
O1va_
Steel Dragon74
43 posters

Thoughts on the sheild design winners

Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Thoughts on the sheild design winners - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts on the sheild design winners

Post by Slarg232 Tue May 21, 2013 8:03 pm

SadPanda wrote:
    Rosie stole the brethren video idea from Iwont4get, and I haven't bothered to watch the other video. The videos itself aren't that bad, but the way s(he) acted when people started saying she was a guy was ridiculous. She spam deleted comments, took down videos, and even went through a couple other uploader's videos personally insulting them. Also, I think anything goes in PvP, but most of her videos she's the host. The only one I can remember where she was an invader was the one where she used iron flesh and spammed dark beads. Sure they were gankers, but come on, try a challenge. Plus, that Undercover Sun-Bro video was impossible to watch, and some people wonder why new players flock to look up guides on how to beat the game. I guess the DaS community just has a different view on humor. Plus, Afro is good, but definitely not the best /dsg/ uploader.
    And don't get me started on JblackMel...

So, people personally insult someone and they can't retaliate? I would delete personal insults on any video of mine as well....

Aphro brought us the Legend, he himself is Legend.

And what's wrong with Mel?
    Iron Flesh is in the game. Dark Bead is in the game. Don't like what's in the game? Tough. Not everyone submits to the same "Moral Code" as the high and mighty "You must buff, bow, and then play a game of twister before anyone attacks" crowd.

The Undercover SunBro was, in my personal tastes, a bit too far, but it also reminded me that anyone can grief/try to ruin my game. Anyone. Silly as it sounds, it made me a better player because I realized you can't trust anyone and started playing mostly by myself after seeing that.

Funny thing is, ideas cannot be copywritten, unless they are actually made. If that person didn't make the video, it's fair game for anyone to take.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Thoughts on the sheild design winners - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts on the sheild design winners

Post by SadPanda Tue May 21, 2013 8:14 pm

So, people personally insult someone and they can't retaliate? I would delete personal insults on any video of mine as well....

Aphro brought us the Legend, he himself is Legend.

And what's wrong with Mel?
    Iron Flesh is in the game. Dark Bead is in the game. Don't like what's in the game? Tough. Not everyone submits to the same "Moral Code" as the high and mighty "You must buff, bow, and then play a game of twister before anyone attacks" crowd.

The Undercover SunBro was, in my personal tastes, a bit too far, but it also reminded me that anyone can grief/try to ruin my game. Anyone. Silly as it sounds, it made me a better player because I realized you can't trust anyone and started playing mostly by myself after seeing that.

Funny thing is, ideas cannot be copywritten, unless they are actually made. If that person didn't make the video, it's fair game for anyone to take.[/quote]
    1. JblackMel plays MUCH differently when it's not with a friend or when it's going to be uploaded. I've fought him twice and both times all he did was go for backstabs, multiple other people confirm this too.
    2. *** the legend, worse than arrow in the knee.
    3. I use iron flesh, but I also don't spam dark bead. The whole argument of "it's in the game, if you can't handle it don't play" is a piss-poor excuse of using something overpowered.
    4. I haven't mentioned anything to do with honor or duel code, so stop bringing it up.
    5. Insults are insults, it's just that s(he) was so immature about it that she retaliated like a 8 year old. If I was an uploader and someone gave me ****, I honestly wouldn't care. It's a game, not my personal life.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue May 21, 2013 8:22 pm

1) So? Do you honestly think Anyone HERE is the same way when they post and in the game? When it's not with friends, a Fightclub, or going to be uploaded?

I personally, highly doubt it.

2) That's your own personal taste. I imagine such things as Praise the Sun, "Priscilla so kawaii", or any other memes are just as hated by you?

3) Dark Bead isn't overpowered. It's actually quite easy to dodge.

4) Simply by saying "Don't use something overpowered", you're saying "I don't like it, so fight by my rules." Your rules, being your "Code of Honor". Hence why I keep bringing it up.

5) Then stop being a little baby about which shield got voted into the game; it's just a game after all.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue May 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Slarg232 wrote:1) So? Do you honestly think Anyone HERE is the same way when they post and in the game? When it's not with friends, a Fightclub, or going to be uploaded?

2) That's your own personal taste. I imagine such things as Praise the Sun, "Priscilla so kawaii", or any other memes are just as hated by you?

4) Simply by saying "Don't use something overpowered", you're saying "I don't like it, so fight by my rules." Your rules, being your "Code of Honor". Hence why I keep bringing it up.

5) Then stop being a little baby about which shield got voted into the game; it's just a game after all.
    That's a nice way to mock me, by copying my layout, good job. I'm always the same when fighting, I respect the other person for doing what they want, even if I disagree with what they're using. The excuse for going for BS's to "punish" is just flat out ridculous, yes some players need to be, but when your playstyle is predominantly backstabs, you need to twice look what you're doing. I didn't say NOT to use an overpowered item/spell/weapon, just that I personally think it's cheap. "Memes" blow, and yes they are annoying. Sure dark bead is easy to dodge, it's just annoying when you go against some guy in NG+4 spamming 15 casts of dark bead with tin crystal, dusk crown, and bellowing dragoncrest. I'm not being a baby, great insult BTW. Almost everybody is in opposition to the shield, plus you're posting in a thread talking about the results of the contest, so obviously some people are going to complain. lrn2read Shrug
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue May 21, 2013 8:41 pm

SadPanda wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:1) So? Do you honestly think Anyone HERE is the same way when they post and in the game? When it's not with friends, a Fightclub, or going to be uploaded?

That's a nice way to mock me, by copying my layout, good job. I'm always the same when fighting, I respect the other person for doing what they want, even if I disagree with what they're using. The excuse for going for BS's to "punish" is just flat out ridculous, yes some players need to be, but when your playstyle is predominantly backstabs, you need to twice look what you're doing. I didn't say NOT to use an overpowered item/spell/weapon, just that I personally think it's cheap. "Memes" blow, and yes they are annoying. Sure dark bead is easy to dodge, it's just annoying when you go against some guy in NG+4 spamming 15 casts of dark bead with tin crystal, dusk crown, and bellowing dragoncrest. I'm not being a baby, great insult BTW. Almost everybody is in opposition to the shield, plus you're posting in a thread talking about the results of the contest, so obviously some people are going to complain. lrn2read Thoughts on the sheild design winners - Page 2 3358384175

I see you were in no hurry to NOT make it personal to me after I made it personal to you.

You have much to learn, young padawan silly
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue May 21, 2013 8:42 pm

This is a discussion on the shield design contest. You are welcome to debate opinions on the who's who of Souls fame over PM. Let us please get back to the topic.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 21, 2013 9:17 pm

I highly doubt whether they'll pick the marcus shield lol that just got voted in cus its made for ENB, the pigshead looks kinda ugly really
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue May 21, 2013 9:20 pm

that one great shield that looks like its been through hell and high water seems the most likely, resilience was it? maybe make the shield's defense stats scale with resistence.... as for the enb shield... needs a more stylized pig head, after all boars etc are often heraldic symbols but an iron sow head? needs more stylistic embelishment...
    R3dlace
    R3dlace
    Casual
    Casual

Post by R3dlace Wed May 22, 2013 5:00 pm

The Iron Oak Tall Shield...I don't even like wooden shields usually, but this one fits very much with Dark Souls in my opinion. Very well done, beautiful art and sticks out, being wooden.

Other than that, I love the Resilience shield. I don't know why, but I feel like looking at a whole story when I stare at it.
    amaro57

Post by amaro57 Wed May 22, 2013 9:17 pm

Tide Warden and the Dragon tall shield greatly interest me.
    vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 Thu May 23, 2013 1:38 am

I really hope Shield of Blackened Earth gets chosen personally... cough cough....

Thoughts on the sheild design winners - Page 2 3679643796
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Thu May 23, 2013 4:46 am

Hachouma wrote:ENB's avatar is a pig

Oh please no...that childish man does not need his ego boosted anymore. Before reading this reference I didn't like the pig face any. Its a bit ugly I hope its not put in the game.

the other 2 look very soul though and I could easily have thought them to be in the game.

Grants to the winners. Except the pig one...really wtf
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Thu May 23, 2013 4:53 pm

i love the Iron Oak shield. awesome design. i usually play low-weight thief-type characters, but i'd play a STR toon just to be able to wield that shield.

overall, my favorite was the Fleeting Fox Tail, but i'm pretty certain it didn't make the top 30. pity.
    Aevun
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Aevun Fri May 24, 2013 8:00 am

passivefamiliar wrote:
    Hachouma wrote:ENB's avatar is a pig

Oh please no...that childish man does not need his ego boosted anymore. Before reading this reference I didn't like the pig face any. Its a bit ugly I hope its not put in the game.

the other 2 look very soul though and I could easily have thought them to be in the game.

Grants to the winners. Except the pig one...really wtf

Childish man? Ego? What the hell are you talking about?
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Fri May 24, 2013 10:09 am

easy now ENB is my boi/clearly a rad dude, there is no need for the hate, neway I really like the pigs head shield. I think it is rad. One of my fave. I don't know why it 'doesn't have a place' in Dark Souls. I guess it does now.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Fri May 24, 2013 10:13 am

Righto, Righto, let's not start this again. Aevun, take it down a gear. You can PM each other about it later... Then send me the resulting argument Thoughts on the sheild design winners - Page 2 1003939430 But on the note of the shields. As much as it irks me that the Hellkite shield is just a residual attempt at referencing the first game i.e. Dragon and claymore (Conveniently found in the same place), I do rather like it. Tide Warden strikes the harp with me simply for my innate obsession with the depths (As in Deap sea). Offtopic: I do hope there is at least one water type boss. A play off a kraken perhaps? Excited just thinking about it. Ontopic again: The Guardian shield also gives me shivers, It looks like a shield that a prison warden wold use. There are many hand prints on the bottom, indicating walking over prisoner cages. This appeals to me greatly as I have a power complex Thoughts on the sheild design winners - Page 2 1866257299 And the Dreadeye looks like a shield I could roll with. This one is probably my favourite. Looks like i'll be tanking through DS2. As for Liberty, just... no... This is what happens when you leave shield votes to the "Casul" DS community. I am so glad it is up to the developers. Liberty would completely kill the atmosphere.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Fri May 24, 2013 10:14 am

tofucactaur wrote:easy now ENB is my boi/clearly a rad dude, there is no need for the hate, neway I really like the pigs head shield. I think it is rad. One of my fave. I don't know why it 'doesn't have a place' in Dark Souls. I guess it does now.

I wish people would read the rest of the topic, and not just respond to flame statements... Thoughts on the sheild design winners - Page 2 3358384175
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Fri May 24, 2013 10:22 am

i did respond to the topic. i stated that i really liked the pig head, i think its a cool shield. i think its quirky and generally rad. a bit disappointing that apparently its a trace of an image from a google image search....hmmmmm
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri May 24, 2013 10:30 am

Thank you Pendant.

The Lion head one is decent, the rest is butt-*** ugly imo.
    How did the contest was this time? Winner decided by number of likes?
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Fri May 24, 2013 10:32 am

Wow. Something in what you said irked me, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was... Oh well, I'll just right it off. I prefer the more evil looking shield personally. Shields like the Ire don't really appeal to me much. OH! I remember. It was that the shield "Has a place in Dark Souls now" If you had read the comments, you would have seen that the developers get to pick out of the top 30. Not that the Top 3 are it. That's all. Meh. Minor things have been bugging me today.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri May 24, 2013 10:42 am

Kinda have to question devs sense of taste. On the other hand, Sanctus won the first place last time, if I remember correctly and that shield is horrible.
    Also, the rest 27 might've been even worse than this.

Bah. Wasted effort. I just hope that none of them will be high end for PvP.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Fri May 24, 2013 10:43 am

Why did you not read the comment I just posted! Thoughts on the sheild design winners - Page 2 1495319213
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Fri May 24, 2013 10:44 am

BTW, what game is that in your sig?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri May 24, 2013 10:52 am

It's Dragon's Dogma.
    Veeeery good RPG.

I read your post.
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Fri May 24, 2013 11:30 am

triple lol soz, i get wat u r saying haha sorry! i dont much care for sanctus, aswell as it being useless..... (still use it for roleplaying on one toon)....
    am keen to see wat devs pick!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:30 am