Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Hydra Help!

aWildNelby
    aWildNelby

Hydra Help! Empty Hydra Help!

Post by aWildNelby Mon May 20, 2013 7:37 am

I'm deathly afraid of water creatures and this thing is freaking me out. Can anybody come help me out? I have a message down coming from the Undead Burg saying "I can't take this" and it's true. This thing creeps me out soooooo bad. I'm on Xbox360.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Hydra Help! Empty Re: Hydra Help!

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon May 20, 2013 7:49 am

He's handy once you know what to do. Firstly whats your build like? stats weapons etc.
    aWildNelby
    aWildNelby

Post by aWildNelby Mon May 20, 2013 7:52 am

AnCapaillMor wrote:He's handy once you know what to do. Firstly whats your build like? stats weapons etc.

I'm a sorcerer lvl 34, 34 INT, 11 STR with a scimitar +5, elite knight armor, and knight shield. His water attacks almost kill me every time. I've killed all the golems except 1 in the area. Anytime I get close I freak out cuz I've been afraid of serpentine sea creatures my whole life and this thing is freaky as f***.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon May 20, 2013 8:00 am

Bring a bow and some arrows to draw the golems to you, Stay to the left of the area as it will cover you from his water attacks. Once you've the golems taken out, time it and run down to the water(be careful there is a drop so don't venture too far into the water). The Hydra will start physical attacks now with the heads. Hold your shield up to block(knight shield should have enough stability). The heads will be stuck in the ground for a few seconds so 2 hand your scimitar and wail away on the heads(they'll break off after a few hits). Bring shield back up, wait for attack, 2 hand sword and rinse and repeat. Be carful again not to fall off edge, you can barely make where the edge is. the last 2 heads can be tricky to hit\cut. You should be able to lock on now and finish him off with magic or the bow.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon May 20, 2013 8:52 am

If you're really desperate you could always summon someone by the bonfire with the Artorias crest door, there's always a ton of signs around there, and walk them over to the Hydra.
    aWildNelby
    aWildNelby

Post by aWildNelby Mon May 20, 2013 8:53 am

Ok I killed it but I'm going to have nightmares for weeks now that thing was f***ing scary!!

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:If you're really desperate you could always summon someone by the bonfire with the Artorias crest door, there's always a ton of signs around there, and walk them over to the Hydra.

I was over there farming the NPCs earlier and didn't see any. It probably doesn't help that it was 2-4 am at the time. Plus I was at the bottom of Undead Burg.

Last edited by aWildNelby on Mon May 20, 2013 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon May 20, 2013 9:25 am

Stay away from ashlake then.
    aWildNelby
    aWildNelby

Post by aWildNelby Mon May 20, 2013 9:35 am

AnCapaillMor wrote:Stay away from ashlake then.

I actually messaged recent players and one said that you fight a hydra there too. I'm hoping it's not as scary as this battle was. Underwater and sea creatures scare me like nothing else.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon May 20, 2013 9:40 am

In my opinion it's easier, at least you get to fight it on solid ground.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon May 20, 2013 10:11 am

Even though the OP has already beaten the Hydra I would like to say that there is an actual melee strategy for the last hydra head in darkroot basin.

All you have to do is stand right behind the body that has the starter knights armor and wait for the head to attack. Once it does, you should hear a splash in the water and if that happens rush over to the corner at your left. The head should bob there for a second, this is enough time to land an attack on the head without falling off. If it doesn't make a splash in the water though, it's head will bob into the rocks instead.

Just a little advice for anyone next time they deal with this.
    aWildNelby
    aWildNelby

Post by aWildNelby Mon May 20, 2013 10:27 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:In my opinion it's easier, at least you get to fight it on solid ground.

That won't freak me out as much then.

In case anyone is wondering my strategy was to go to the right of the hydra. There's a hill/rock there. Block until he attacks, then cut off each head. The last head glitched out and wasn't hittable til I backed up a bit.

Thanks for the help/support everyone happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm