Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Hue
samster628
Aevun
Seignar
SadPanda
Dibsville
Wilkinson3424
11 posters

Dragons! And lots of em'!

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dragons! And lots of em'! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragons! And lots of em'!

Post by Seignar Mon May 20, 2013 7:09 pm

The difference between wyverns and dragons:

Wyverns: Legs and Wings.
    Dragons: Legs and hands (or hind legs and front legs) and wings.

Those details matter, people! They symbolize the massive difference in power!
    dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dragonbeast6 Mon May 20, 2013 8:08 pm

also real\everlasting dragons can do spells because they are intelligent, unlike their counterparts wyvernsAt least in Dark souls lore.. Kalameet could have become a everlasting dragons if there were bretheren to teach him but unfortunally there werent. He learned himself a spell but its very weak. He`s likely just a child\teenager.

Thats at least how I see it.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon May 20, 2013 9:38 pm

There is no real evidence that Dragons can do magic because of knowledge, but rather that they are magical and their abilities are innate. Remember, all dragon tails have some magic ability that signify that dragons are magical creatures by nature and require no real ability to do it.

Seath is only revered as the Father of Sorcery because he spent countless centuries studying his very nature and the nature of magic in an obsessive desire for immortality, which ended up in the hands of humans and the like, whether intentional or not. Even then, it is possible that Sorceries have nothing to do with magic as we have seen that humans can replicate the exact same effects without assistance.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue May 21, 2013 4:49 am

dragonbeast6 wrote:also real\everlasting dragons can do spells because they are intelligent, unlike their counterparts wyvernsAt least in Dark souls lore.. Kalameet could have become a everlasting dragons if there were bretheren to teach him but unfortunally there werent. He learned himself a spell but its very weak. He`s likely just a child\teenager.

Gough says even the gods of Anor Londo feared him, don't think he is weak, especially if he managed to survive tat far.
    He can also bring calamity to his enemies, that's far from weak, or simple. (remember that usually lore =/= gameplay)

Apart from tat, i agree with you, wyverns are not intelligent enough to use magic, that's the main difference between dark souls dragons and wyverns/drakes
    dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dragonbeast6 Tue May 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Hachouma wrote:
    dragonbeast6 wrote:also real\everlasting dragons can do spells because they are intelligent, unlike their counterparts wyvernsAt least in Dark souls lore.. Kalameet could have become a everlasting dragons if there were bretheren to teach him but unfortunally there werent. He learned himself a spell but its very weak. He`s likely just a child\teenager.

Gough says even the gods of Anor Londo feared him, don't think he is weak, especially if he managed to survive tat far.
    He can also bring calamity to his enemies, that's far from weak, or simple. (remember that usually lore =/= gameplay)

Apart from tat, i agree with you, wyverns are not intelligent enough to use magic, that's the main difference between dark souls dragons and wyverns/drakes

I did say the spell was weak not kallameet. I`m talking about the one which raises you in front of him . You hardsly lose any hp and is by far the weakest of his attacks. And the caalamity is so short it hardly registers.

Last edited by dragonbeast6 on Tue May 21, 2013 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue May 21, 2013 12:35 pm

dragonbeast6 wrote:
    I did say the spell was weak not kallameet. I`m talking about the one which raises you in front of him . You hardsly lose any hp and is by far the weakest of his attacks.
    But then it makes you take double damage.
    dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dragonbeast6 Tue May 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Seignar wrote:There is no real evidence that Dragons can do magic because of knowledge, but rather that they are magical and their abilities are innate. Remember, all dragon tails have some magic ability that signify that dragons are magical creatures by nature and require no real ability to do it.

Seath is only revered as the Father of Sorcery because he spent countless centuries studying his very nature and the nature of magic in an obsessive desire for immortality, which ended up in the hands of humans and the like, whether intentional or not. Even then, it is possible that Sorceries have nothing to do with magic as we have seen that humans can replicate the exact same effects without assistance.

Nor is it any eviidence of the oppisite. Since seath killed of his bretheren in the search of scales of imortality or jeolosy, the base knowledge that is inherently his, could have come from the everlasting dragons.No doubt seath has indeed made alot of progrees in his mad search and vile testing. But i belive that the majority of the books housed in seaths mansion is from the past dragons.

As for the magic tails of drakes and wyverns...well they are in the dragon family and while they posess the abilty to do magic they lack the intelligence to do so, hence you never see they actually use the magic that is in them.
    dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dragonbeast6 Tue May 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Hachouma wrote:
    dragonbeast6 wrote:
    I did say the spell was weak not kallameet. I`m talking about the one which raises you in front of him . You hardsly lose any hp and is by far the weakest of his attacks.
    But then it makes you take double damage.

Quite true.....but thats only if you`re hit. big grin
    But i take your point kalameet is dangerous, no doubt about it. Much more dangerous then seath. His by far my favorite dragon fight bar non in any game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 am